THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 22 Apr 2024, 23:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AssCreed: Revelations  (Read 2594 times)

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
AssCreed: Revelations
« on: 06 May 2011, 03:04 »

Yeah, next part of the series is due out November. It features Altair, Ezio and Desmond and takes place in the Ottoman Empire. I'm so terribly worried , much more than I am excited about this game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/05/acrcoverrevealjune.aspx

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: AssCreed: Revelations
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2011, 09:02 »

It seems kind of early. I mean the last one came out pretty quick, and was great, but can they do it again?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2011, 09:09 »

Ubisoft said a couple of years ago they want to make it a yearly franchise. They seem to be making good on that. I had my doubts about that plan, and it probably will go horribly wrong, but AssBro was so good that until the games themselves prove otherwise, I'm on board.

That said, the scant details about the premise of AssRev already make me excited. The idea of placing the game in Constantinople in three different time periods is really cool, especially considering the time periods themselves: during the Crusades, after the Turkish conquest of it, and of course modern day. It'll be pretty awesome to explore the same city (and an awesome city at that), but in three distinctly different times that had three distinctly different cultures at the time.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2011, 10:42 »

Hmm, intriguing idea. I was kinda hoping they would get away from the Mediterranean for a game or two but this is a neat concept too. I just hope it's pretty evenly spread between Altair, Ezio and Desmond and isn't another just Ezio show with small bits of Altair and Desmond.
Quis pater tibi est?

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2011, 09:24 »

I want it in my mouth
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2011, 17:36 »

Ubisoft said a couple of years ago they want to make it a yearly franchise. They seem to be making good on that. I had my doubts about that plan, and it probably will go horribly wrong, but AssBro was so good that until the games themselves prove otherwise, I'm on board.

this, exactly
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2011, 14:20 »

Quote from: Joystiq
NeoGAF user SolidSnakex has posted a breakdown of this month's Game Informer coverage of the just-announced Assassin's Creed: Revelations. First off, let's get the protagonist problem out of the way: In Revelations, you'll play as both 12th century stabber Altair and his 16th century descendant Ezio, now over 50 years old. Ezio will be looking for "seals" which will allow him to access Altair's memories, similar to how Desmond used the Animus to access both Altair's and Ezio's memories. Speaking of Desmond, he's unsurprisingly back in the Animus "where he finds a safe mode called the 'Black Room.'" The gameplay in Desmond's mode is described as "narrative-fueled puzzle sequences," geometric shapes and all.

The lion's share of the game will take place in Constantinople (or, as it's known today, Istanbul) separated into four districts: Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial, and Galata. If you want a change of scenery (fairy chimneys!) some of the game will also take place in Cappadocia. Inside the cities, you'll be able to establish Assassin's Dens, a sort of expanded Borgia Tower mechanic from Brotherhood. Complete various scenarios, take down the regional Templar presence, establish a Den, and then "upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops."

Ubisoft wants to make your time spent in Constantinople (and Cappadocia!) more valuable, so they've not only done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events (ie: noticing a shop owner being robbed) but have also given Ezio (and Altair?) a new item called the "hookblade" which can be used with the aforementioned ziplines to speed up navigation "by about 30%."

But it wouldn't be a video game if you couldn't use that hookblade to mess dudes up. Lucky for you it can be used to pull said dudes in for a mean combo. More interested in bombs, you say? So is Ezio! He can now make up to 300 bombs using a crafting system. Along with the new toys comes a new level cap and a more narrative-focused multiplayer mode with the ability to customize your character and create guilds.

Lastly, Ubisoft Montreal is using a new facial capture technology called Mocam which Game Informer calls an "intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire." And yes, Ubi is doing all that with another one-year turnaround. With the success of Brotherhood, we're certainly giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, you can find more details (and pretty pictures!) in the June issue of Game Informer.

Sounds rad
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2011, 15:03 »

Wait, are we playing as Desmond playing Ezio reliving Altair's memories or are the Ezio and Desmond parts separate. If it's the former then Ezio needs to have a kid after this game in order for Desmond's reliving it to be narratively plausible. They better avoid that plot hole.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #8 on: 09 May 2011, 15:51 »

Ziplines!
« Last Edit: 10 May 2011, 11:08 by David_Dovey »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #9 on: 09 May 2011, 17:57 »

Take that, Ken Levine!
Pages: [1]   Go Up