THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 05:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me get back into this!  (Read 2352 times)

Gagarin

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Help me get back into this!
« on: 17 May 2011, 02:06 »

I used to read this comic from sometime in 2003 up until 2008. In September 2008 i went out travelling the world and i stopped reading my webcomics. Now i want to pick it up again but it's too much work reading up on 2½ years of comics so could you please tell me roughly where the storyline has gone since then or direct me to a place that sums up the comic if such a place exist.

I would be really grateful for all the help i could get regarding this matter. I want to get back into this but i simply don't have the time to read through all that i missed. Also, i think Jeph would be glad to have one more faithful reader.

Thanks in advance.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Help me get back into this!
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2011, 02:19 »

You can look in the wiki (thanks, Is it cold in here?!).
There is a strip-by-strip summary (thanks, Jwhouk!).

Or you can take the time (you don't have to rush it, do you?) to catch up.  :-)

Basically, after a couple more spats, Dora and Marten broke up*.  They have settled down afterwards, but we are still looking for more working out of their feelings about it.  Marten has started going to a different coffee shop (The Secret Bakery), and hasn't yet faced Dora again (he tried, but she was out, moving house).  Today's strip is part of a negotiation between the bosses of tSB and CoD about supplying cakes and coffee respectively to each other.  Oh, and Faye and Angus are dating seriously.

The forum imploded at this, and as a result now has hands-on moderation - which I hope is seen as an improvement.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2011, 02:53 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2011, 03:11 »

A quick synopsis of major plot points form the last 2 1/2 years of QC:

(click to show/hide)

You really need to read the comic from about 1750 to now to be fully up to speed.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Gagarin

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2011, 00:15 »

Thank you guys, i will make an effort with getting back into this now. Awesome.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2011, 03:49 »

Raven has left CoD and is now pursuing an advanced degree in particle physics at an un-named University. She hasn't been seen since, well about the time you stopped reading. She has been put on a bus, so to speak

...or not.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon
Pages: [1]   Go Up