THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey! Newbie looking for some advice  (Read 3523 times)

bogglesquid

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Hey! Newbie looking for some advice
« on: 14 May 2011, 15:34 »

*deep breath*
Okay, here goes. I've been reading QC for the past five years--ever since 2006--and this is the first time I've ever come on here. And I come with a question, or rather, a request for a boon: a friend and I have been trying to locate a particular image drawn by the good Mr. Jacques around a year and a half ago. In the midst of his tiff with David Willis, he produced an image of Yelling Bird performing a rather graphic sex act on Mr. Willis--or so we think. Neither of us is quite sure, and we can't seem to find the thing anywhere, and having only seen it once, we can't even be sure of the exact content. Would anyone on here happen to know where this image might be found?
Corrections welcome, as stated, I'm not quite sure of anything other than Yelling Bird's involvement.

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
Re: Hey! Newbie looking for some advice
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2011, 17:01 »

If this is your first time in Jeph's forums, welcome!  

Perhaps you're unaware that he and his mods take a decidedly dim view of rule 34 territory, especially of late.

Whomever drew the image you saw, I'd hazard an uninformed guess that you might try the rule 34 parts of the web...

But in general, I would tread lightly with such topics in these forums.

Good luck, and again, Welcome!  I've been reading about that long also, and find that these forums attract intelligent, interesting people.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2011, 17:06 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2011, 18:13 »

Asking after something Jeph drew is OK with me.

I've never seen it. You've tried his LiveJournal and Tumblr?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

emikoala

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2011, 18:33 »

It was in his Livejournal.

bogglesquid

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2011, 20:45 »

Okay, good to know that it was actually him. I've spent the last few days digging through his entire LiveJournal and Tumblr postings trying to find it (as well as reread a bit over a year's worth of the comic, not that this was any great hardship ^^) and haven't come up with anything yet. Is it possibly somewhere else on the internet? Or did anyone possibly save it? Thanks again for your help.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2011, 22:59 »

You sure it wasn't this one?  I know there's no yelling bird in here, but it's what I recall as the height of the little "tiff" they had. 

Also, please note that they're actually friends IRL.  The whole spat was a joke - mainly on their respective followers. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

bogglesquid

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2011, 07:01 »

I know they're good friends in real life--that was part of what made that entire sequence of events so funny. And unfortunately no, that's not the image either my friend or I was thinking of, although it seems to be the only thing even remotely close.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2011, 07:12 »

I think I recollect the one you're after, but no, I can't trace it either.  Sorry.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

xTheFreeMason

• Not quite a lurker
  • I am a sexual being. Are you horrified?
« Reply #8 on: 01 Jun 2011, 03:25 »

I remember that. I could have sworn it was a sketch he did on tumblr or livejournal during a convention.
I am a cynical optimist. I see the best in everyone but expect the worst from them. I think that everything will be fine but secretly know that one day I'll wake up and everyone will be dead.

That... did not go where I expected it to go. Um...

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #9 on: 01 Jun 2011, 05:40 »

The tumblr and livejournal stuff is all still there. 

If it was a sketch at a con, it was probably a pic on twitter (yfrog?), and those thngs don't stick around...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #10 on: 01 Jun 2011, 22:45 »

I remember the incident you're referring to, and I believe the whole Jacques/Willis "feud" happened last summer and played out on twitter.

Not sure how long those pics stick around.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon
Pages: [1]   Go Up