THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Powers (Magnetic Fields Documentary)  (Read 4235 times)

gospel

• The German Chancellory building
  • the word
Strange Powers (Magnetic Fields Documentary)
« on: 17 May 2011, 11:22 »

Official website

Got the DVD last night, so I decided to share. I figured this didn't fall under the purview of either the wink wink thread or the Google/YouTube thread. I also assumed from the nature of the previous threads that this forum wasn't strictly adverse to DMCA infringement.

Apologizes if the encoding/resolution aren't perfect. Donate if you like it, etc. I also haven't gotten a chance to watch it, so further apologizes if it sucks.

Code: [Select]
(link removed by mod at request of copyright holder)
« Last Edit: 23 May 2011, 08:56 by pwhodges »
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Re: Strange Powers (Magnetic Fields Documentary)
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2011, 17:54 »

I saw this at the Melbourne International Film Festival last year. I think anyone who's a Magnetic Fields fan will really enjoy it.

Apart from anything else it has the back-story for this hilarious interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Ob9TJueBQ.

gospel

• The German Chancellory building
  • the word
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2011, 07:32 »

I was actually surprised how well the anchor took it all things considered. I also learned Merrit was part of a Coraline muscial.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

kerthyfix

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2011, 08:43 »

Hi,
If you held a gun to my head, and stole the dvd out of my hand, you couldn't be more of a thief. My co-director and I spent 10 years (and have the credit card debt to prove it) on this film. When people post videos of our work online without permission, you rob us of the opportunity to recoup the cost of the production. We're not Warner Music Group or Sony here. We're small-time filmmakers trying to make ends meet. By encoding the video illegally and posting it here, you are jeopardizing the independent filmmakers (and musicians) who just want to make good work and find an audience. Because we simply can't make a living when you steal from us.

Please consider the ramifications of what you are doing and take this link down.
Thanks,
Kerthy Fix
Director, Strange Powers

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2011, 14:21 »

The D/L link has been removed at the request of the copyright holder.  Locking this thread, please do not repost this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up