THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 16:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering an email / forum-based PnP game (Supranerds Only Thread)  (Read 14543 times)

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/

(this would probably depend on Khar's willingness to GM).

Not like, right now. Maybe in a month, two months.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I could probably try to GM something. Or, if ye up to it John, you run the same game for two groups and are how they do things differently.   A friend did that once with hilarious results, my group fought our way out of everything,  and the other always tried diplomacy.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

That link I posted up there to the character sheet website made by that guy Mr. Gone? He has both editable and printable pdfs for every single supernatural (and non supernatural) splat for WoD, including hunter. He even has variations of 1, 2, 3, and 4 page versions, in addition to what looks like a couple hundred crazy different variations, npc sheets, sheets for specific factions, all sorts of shit.
Yeah, I rehosted his 4-page hunter sheet, but you can't actually save any changes you make to the base template (and .txt exporting doesn't seem to do it either), so you have to convert it to some other format in order to preserve your character sheet. I've copied the text format sheet that the SA people use (and the formatting keeps! Yay!) so we'll probably use that in-forum and distribute hard copies as needed.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Damnable Fiend

• Curry sauce
  • oh I can put stuff here? that's cool...

my username is already terribly silly and gothy.  perfect
"[human beings] just get carried away by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in tie-dye jeans and playing guitars at people."

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->

Registered as TSK (you lazy bastard) and character idea in mind.

The Seldom Killer

Having a nerd fail here.

Going into the links upthread for the cores and the character sheet and it isn't getting me anywhere. Any pointers here?

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

change M/F to a word that rhymes with mediatire
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

The Seldom Killer

Thanks, much fun to be had this weekend.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated

I'm administering myself a crash course in Hunter and New World of Darkness in general. Should be up to speed by tomorrow.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria

While we seem to be on our way to a pretty good Hunter game, I had a thought the other day; Since we have so many people interested, maybe we could throw together a full game of Wraith:TO, complete with Shadows for everyone. I'm not super up on the crunch for the game, but it might let more people in on the action without requiring too much further work for the ST?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I'm not terribly familiar with Wraith, but I hear it's pretty good, some say the best in the WoD line. Wasn't it cut short?
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Boro_Bandito

I've heard Wraith was good, I'm just not sure I'd be up for playing OWoD at this point, too used to the new rules, new lore, and whatnot.

I'm having trouble thinking up a character concept. I know I want a guy with high Resolve and Composure, the kind of character that could look a rampaging monster in the eye and say "Go to hell." (I realize that it may in fact 9 times out of ten be a really stupid thing for a person to do but I want the option to do it anyway) and I'm just having trouble finding a compelling reason for him to have it that way, and I don't want to do it if I can't think of a good reason since that's kind of defeating the purpose.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Think about what sort of character would have that kind of heroic willpower. A priest with unshakable faith is the classic archetype (perhaps an exorcist's assistant who happens upon a real possession?). A former POW, a firefighter, a refugee fleeing a bloody civil war, an ex-con fresh from a Supermax facility, the last living survivor of disaster / massacre / monster attack X, even an adrenaline junkie Xtreme sportsman. Somebody who's so familiar with fatal danger that they barely bat an eyelash at it, somebody forged by their experiences such that they're not afraid of death.
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2011, 14:48 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Boro_Bandito

Alright awesome you gave me the boost I needed, I'm thinking adrenaline junkie is the way to go, outdoorsy, maybe a former white-water rafting guide or rock-climber who ran into a real monster in the wild. His friends tell him it was probably just a bear but he knows that he didn't imagine the evil intelligence in the creature's eyes, and the missing ring finger on his right hand is a reminder every day of the real monsters out there in the darkness.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

127 Hours + Bigfoot = ??
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Boro_Bandito

Boro_Bandito

Also no way am I playing without an arm, I figure a single finger won't even provide a negative to a roll, unless you think I should do it as a Flaw, which I suppose I could handle but I want it more for flavor than anything.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

If it's on your off hand it certainly won't affect anything.

PS Nevermind!
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2011, 17:32 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Alright, so I suck at setting up chatrooms. Just PM me (via QC forums, Fucking Wolf People won't notify me via email for its PMs, probably going to have to work that out via settings) and we'll set up a time for meeting via Meebo to hash out character concepts and (if you want) play out your "prelude" (turning point in your backstory) in real time. I've done a bit of work with Jace and fleshed out JimmyJazz's character concept entirely and it's great, great fun.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Alright, gone a bit of distance with Khar and Phil yesterday, so we've got four solid concepts fully fleshed out.

Here are the characters we've got so far:
Ex-detective / Private Investigator (KvP)
Unscrupulous lit professor / bestselling author (Khar)
Scarred outdoorsman (Boro_Bandito)
Eastern European History Prof (JimmyJazz)
Pretty sure Jace was thinking about a hit man character, but we haven't gone in-depth yet.

So at this point, we've got one physical-oriented character (Boro_Bandito), an academic (JimmyJazz) and two smooth-talkers (Khar and I).  Here are things the hunter cell could probably use - More combat bruisers / shootists, journalists, scientists, occultists, and doctors. This is a "tier one" chronicle, and if we get past this we could conceivably reach "tier two" which will allow for more out-there and powerful concepts (psychic FBI agents, "white witch" occultist magic-users, etc.) Since we don't have many people left to flesh out characters, use of an "ally / retainer" merit will probably do in terms of info-mining / science / doctor characters. A doctor is probably most vital.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Scientist/doctor/journalist is something I'd be happy play. I've got assessments in the first half of the week so I can flesh it out Thurs/Fri.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

How the fuck did I not realize you guys were doing this?
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Also, I'd totally roll with a Houdini style showman turned debunker. The only thing I can't decide is if he'd be delighted by the idea that some of this shit turns out to be real or if it'd instead be vastly irritating.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

What does everyone think of this? You have to register, but it's a clean, simple character sheet that's saved via code. You just have to hold on to it (via email draft, whatever).
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

ackblom12

Alrighty, got my first scribble of a write up sent to you John.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

PS This cell is a total sausage fest. We need some women up in.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated

I could roll a female character. What merit heading to 'enormous breasts' come under? I want at least four dots.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria

Ah, filling out the traditional party composition of Fighter, Mage, Cleric, and Tittays.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Striking Looks 2.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

So hey, yeah, Uni is getting into the hardcore part of the semester so I won't be available for collation until Tuesday at the earliest. Tests and papers to write, ho hum.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated

I myself am now so busy that not only do I have no time to play I I need everyone elses's time as well.

Sorry guys!

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I scrapped the chronicle idea I had and am starting sort-of-kind-of from scratch. At this point, all those who I have conversed with via Meebo about their characters are in. I'm in my last few weeks of class but I should be ready in about a month's time. You all know how to get at me if you need to.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Okay so school is officially no longer stupid. I still have to finalize prelude / character stuff with most of you! PM me.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Boro_Bandito

Whoa! sorry about that, its been a bit of a crazy couple weeks here, but I'm still on board with this

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile

don't know if you are still looking for a venue for you're game, but i came across this recently, and thought it might suit you're purposes.

http://rpol.net/

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Nah we built one. Thanks, though.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

xTheFreeMason

• Not quite a lurker
  • I am a sexual being. Are you horrified?

Oh god I would love to do this... I've never done anything like it in my life, and I have very little time. I think I may hinder you more than anything, so I'll count myself out while saying good luck! Also, for GMing tips you should read "Darth and Droids". They're pretty devious. Also it's a good webcomic so yeah.
I am a cynical optimist. I see the best in everyone but expect the worst from them. I think that everything will be fine but secretly know that one day I'll wake up and everyone will be dead.

That... did not go where I expected it to go. Um...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up