THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GOG.com adding EA to their listings  (Read 4426 times)

ackblom12

GOG.com adding EA to their listings
« on: 03 Jun 2011, 05:43 »

Announcement

What that article doesn't state but my email does, is that it also means that Alpha Centauri is now listed as Coming Soonalong with Magic Carpet and Crusader. Somewhere around 20 EA titles will be added including Alpha Centauri. If past games indicate anything, it'll include the expansion. Dungeon Keeper, Ultima Underworld 1&2 and  Wing Commander Privateer have all currently been added and it's going to total more than 25 games.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2011, 05:47 by ackblom12 »

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
Re: GOG.com adding EA to their listings
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2011, 21:19 »

oh hell yes! i was on there a few months back when i couldn't get smac to work on my netbook, & severely disappointed when i couldn't find it

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2011, 00:23 »

They've said up front that the System Shock series is not part of their deal (which makes sense, as SS2 is the most wished-for game on GOG by some margin). That's a bummer. But there are going to be a lot of stone-cold classics coming down the pipeline. I still maintain that Alpha Centauri is the best thing Sid Meier has ever done and I'm greatly looking forward to freezing some motherfuckers solid in Crusader. Every game they've announced so far is awesome.

The announcement also stated that after the currently listed games are released, there would be a lull in the schedule, so heads up.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2011, 00:37 »

if only they could pry x-com out of valve's grasp

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2011, 03:06 »

Dungeon Keeper has no right to be missing from any list of Good Old Games. This is great news.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2011, 04:07 »

IT IS GOOD TO BE BAD

yesss
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

ackblom12

« Reply #6 on: 09 Jun 2011, 13:03 »

Alpha Centauri - Sadly it does not include Alien Crossfire, but still well worth it. Also quite possibly better balanced without to be honest.

Crusader: No Remorse

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2011, 01:59 »

alien crossfire had a nifty play-by-email multiplayer mode that i would have liked to use.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2011, 02:23 »

apparently they are working on getting alien crossfire out, along with other expansion packs, but they still have things to work out with ea

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jun 2011, 01:54 »

For the ones of you that haven't signed up for the spam newsletter, the Fallout games and the MDK games are for sale right now.

If you don't already have all of them.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2011, 07:14 »

Also, Freespace! I bought Freespace 2 yesterday, it cost less than the ham and cheese sandwich I had for lunch. Now I need to figure out how to make the mouse actually respond.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

ackblom12

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jun 2011, 07:16 »

God I love the shit out of Freespace.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #12 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:27 »

Spaceships, lasers, missiles, explosions, woooo!

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2011, 16:28 »

Yeah apparently there are some heavy mods you can make to Freespace 2 to update its graphics and controls, but damned if I can figure out how to get them to work! 2.99 was an offer I couldn't refuse, since I never got to play it back in the day. But man, that resolution is killing me.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #14 on: 24 Jun 2011, 16:59 »

No kidding. When I started it up unmodded, mouselook wasn't even working. Now it works great and looks beautiful. Have you tried following this?

ackblom12

« Reply #15 on: 24 Jun 2011, 17:05 »

Ahhhh, the modding community occasionally does wonderful wonderful things.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jun 2011, 17:21 »

Yeah, I feel I owe a lot more money to the modders as well as GOG for the amount of fun I'm having. The degree of tactical depth is fantastic. I'm surprised twelve-year-old me was still able to get so much out of it considering I didn't understand half of the controls and had only a rudimentary English vocabulary. I guess shooting everything with a red reticle around it gets you a long way.

ackblom12

« Reply #17 on: 24 Jun 2011, 17:49 »

I am constantly amazed at what I was able to play as a child and how much better I was at certain types of games. The best example I can think of is that I used to be able to play through Double Dragon without using a continue regularly. I tried playing it again recently and I couldn't make it through the fist goddamn level without a continue.

Actually, what Freespace 2 makes me sad about is that X3 wasn't better. I remember looking forward to it a lot and then finding out that it had terribly overcomplicated controls even for a Space Sim and I just lost all patience for it. I'm still tempted to buy it off Steam on occasion though.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2011, 17:56 by ackblom12 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up