Comic Discussion > QUESTIONABLE CONTENT

Why does Dora need therapy?

<< < (42/42)

TheEvilDog:

--- Quote from: DSL on 16 Jun 2011, 07:39 ---It's older than Watchmen and the meaning is deeper -- humor often hides (or is rooted in) the deepest sadness or pain -- but your point is taken. Kinda goes along with one stereotype ( justified or not) of Russians -- melancholy is supposed to part of the mental makeup, but they're the most likely to make a point by telling a joke - - generally a short, pithy one.

--- End quote ---

Oh I know the joke is far older, I simply chose that version of it because of the added irony that the character telling it is also the character who needs help the most.

jwhouk:
I'll acknowledge (if I haven't already) that I'm a bit biased, since I'm a counselor, and went through years of training and classwork towards becoming one. And I'll also admit that there's no simple reason for "why you should go into therapy", nor is there ever a "simple outcome" to therapy. Some people won't get anything from therapy, whereas others will rely heavily on it.

Mr. Doctor:

--- Quote from: Spectreofwar on 15 Jun 2011, 20:23 ---
--- Quote ---I just don't agree with them regarding her needing therapy.  Most of her issues are justified, and the others don't add up enough to warrant her being pushed into therapy.  Sorry, that's how I feel.
--- End quote ---

Judging a person by your standards as to whether or not that person needs or doesn't need to go could just as easily be applied to Faye as it could to you; I agree, she needs to make her own decision. In therapy, the only way a person can get better is if they want to get better.

Such as what she says here.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1357
--- End quote ---

I was searching for such a long time for that strip to post it here, thank you.

Elysiana:
That's funny - I had forgotten about her saying she wanted to work out her "sibling-rivalry issues"... and then when she finally goes, she can't understand why that's all they talked about :lol:

Mr. Doctor:
That comic also proves that she's not really being forced to go to therapy... She wants help from some proffesional person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version