Comic Discussion > QUESTIONABLE CONTENT

Why does Dora need therapy?

<< < (2/42) > >>

TheEvilDog:
True, and all it would cost is a bottle of bourbon.

Or it'll cost Steve a few years in prison after murdering Marten.

iduguphergrave:
Murder? Steve's the one who was willing to have drunken gay makeouts with Marten.

ThEvilDog put it quite aptly, but I just wanted to chip in that another awful reason using the drunken come-on as proof Marten has feelings for Faye is that very situation would never have arisen had Dora not freaked out and broken up with him in the first place! OP, do you understand cause and effect?

DSL:
A.) The Marten-secretly-wants-Faye vs. Marten-was-drunk argument isn't going to end anytime soon, I think.
B.) Dora needs help dealing with her doesn't-trust-people issues, which have been directed (with respect to Marten) not only at Faye but at Cosette and Hanners (Hanners!). ("Aren't you glad Marten doesn't have anything like that in HIS closet?" "How would YOU know?")
C.) Gonna head out on a limb here: Dora is rock-certain Marten is unassertive, but feared he'd chase Faye? No no no. She knows she chased Marten (even while Faye was thought to be in the game) and he'd go with whatever was decided. She might have feared she couldn't trust Marten, but who did she trust even less? Faye, arguably her best friend. She fears and mistrusts the most those who are closest to her. Perhaps justifiable, at least from her history according to Sven, but something she needs to work through.

pwhodges:

--- Quote from: stoutfiles on 09 Jun 2011, 15:54 ---Alright, so Dora's had a string of bad relationships.  Is that really therapy-worthy? 
--- End quote ---

Do you have experience of bad relationships or therapy?

TheEvilDog:

--- Quote from: iduguphergrave on 09 Jun 2011, 16:38 ---Murder? Steve's the one who was willing to have drunken gay makeouts with Marten.

--- End quote ---

You do realise you linked the exact same comic as me, right?  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version