THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello there.  (Read 2326 times)

Lucy

Hello there.
« on: 18 Jun 2011, 08:08 »

I discovered QC about a month ago. (I should have been studying for finals, but comics are so much more fun.)
In case you're wondering, which I know you aren't, I managed to pass all my exams and classes, as well as reading through 1900-some odd comic strips that week. I was quite pleased with myself.
I read reference to the forums in some of Jeph's posts, but didn't stumble into the link until today.

So, yeah. There's my story.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Hello there.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2011, 09:10 »

I read reference to the forums in some of Jeph's posts, but didn't stumble into the link until today.

Welcome!

A couple of years ago the comic discussion forum was a rather wild place, and Jeph got to dislike it a lot.  When he redesigned the QC site at that time he removed the forum link from the top menu and hid it at the bottom of the side links on the main page only.  We like to think that in recent months this place has been more sensible.

Paul
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
Re: Hello there.
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2011, 07:54 »

In case you're wondering, which I know you aren't, I managed to pass all my exams and classes, as well as reading through 1900-some odd comic strips that week. I was quite pleased with myself.

I like to think that engaging in something like a QC binge frees the mind up for better access to the other things you know.  So it may have helped you pass! 

Welcome anyway.  ;)
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up