THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 00:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bonjour!  (Read 2842 times)

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
Bonjour!
« on: 23 Jun 2011, 07:49 »

Hi everyone!

I've been reading QC daily for probably a year and a half now, after making it through the majority of the comic in three (obviously very productive) days. I figure that lurking so long has probably decreased my chances of displaying some form of asshattery, although one can never be quite sure. Here's hoping!

Random crap about me: I'm 25, live in NY and finally graduated last month with a BS in Art Education (and BS is exactly what it turned out to be because no school district realizes the value of teaching the arts). Aside from QC and art in general I also take pleasure in cooking, hiking, organizing, putting text in parenthesis and being obsessed with my cat. Her name is Fuzz. And she looks exactly like Mieville (and every other black cat in existence).

Oh. And this is probably my favorite comic (thus far).

:-D
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Bonjour!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2011, 07:55 »

Welcome!

Actually, the opportunities for being an asshat on the forum seem to be unlimited.  Some of it's harmless; but if the asshattery steps beyond the limits described in the rules (in this forum) and the more specific expansions of them (stickies in the QC Discussion forum) we stamp on it (not actually painful, I imagine).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

wrwight

• Furry furrier
  • Having a tag line is so mainstream
    • My Music
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2011, 08:46 »

I don't know, it could leave some mental scars if done right. I've seen some creepiness flamed pretty hard in my lurking  :mrgreen:

Anyway, welcome little cheese. You seem like a good person, so I look forward to your contributions on the forums.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2011, 05:14 »

Oh. And this is probably my favorite comic (thus far).

:-D

One of mine, too.  It's amazing how well Jeph captures the average person's inner monologue. 

What?   :angel:
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2011, 06:30 »

Thank you all for the welcoming and words of advice.

I must admit it is somewhat intimidating doing the whole forum thing again. I've been around the block a few times  :wink: but I haven't found many that keep my attention for long. I find the stamping of inappropriate asshatery to be a relief though- trolls belong in fairy tales and in teenage girls' bedrooms in the 90s, not on the internet ruining things for us grown ups. :-P
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up