THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 23:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dora in 1962  (Read 4978 times)

Mightyanvil

• Not quite a lurker
Dora in 1962
« on: 05 Jul 2011, 08:15 »

"A lot of it was him too"

Wtf?  Seriously?  She think it was his fault too?

It was 100% her fault.  Every single part of that break up belongs to Dora.  Crazy psycho women.  I used to like her, now I cannot stand her.  Kudos for making her so realistic as to dredge up memories of the complete nutjobs I've met in my life.

More Hanners, Marigold, Faye, less psycho women that screws over good guys in the name of "waah, waah, nobody loves me."  Marten puts up with ALL her insecurities, buys her gifts, treats her right and she goes all emo on him.

*throws hands up in the air and stomps off*

FYI, When Marty hooked up with Dora and NOT Faye, oh so long ago, I almost gave up on the comic, also, hai, I am new here.

I wouldn't have actually posted, but 1962 makes me wanna Fayepunch someone.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
Re: Dora in 1962
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2011, 08:21 »

Welcome, Mightyanvil! 

As a new poster you may not be aware of the WCDT (Weekly Comic Discussion Thread) where the current comics are ... discussed.  Yeah. 

There have been several posts from people with opinions both like yours and unlike yours, and it's the place to be for comments like these. 

See you there! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Tiogyr

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2011, 08:25 »

"A lot of it was him too"

Wtf?  Seriously?  She think it was his fault too?

It was 100% her fault.  Every single part of that break up belongs to Dora.  Crazy psycho women.  I used to like her, now I cannot stand her.  Kudos for making her so realistic as to dredge up memories of the complete nutjobs I've met in my life.

More Hanners, Marigold, Faye, less psycho women that screws over good guys in the name of "waah, waah, nobody loves me."  Marten puts up with ALL her insecurities, buys her gifts, treats her right and she goes all emo on him.

*throws hands up in the air and stomps off*

FYI, When Marty hooked up with Dora and NOT Faye, oh so long ago, I almost gave up on the comic, also, hai, I am new here.

I wouldn't have actually posted, but 1962 makes me wanna Fayepunch someone.

The breakup itself was 100% Dora's insecurities, but come on. That relationship was doomed from the start because Marten had zero backbone to lay down the ground rules to begin with.

What is Dora's biggest named criticism of Marten other than the Faye pining? His lack of decisiveness on a consistent basis. Dora had to pull some pretty insane shit to get Marten to even think about standing up to her.

In all honesty, no woman with any self respect would stay in a relationship with Marten for very long anyway, simply because he is incapable of doing anything on his own. In short: Marten isn't even really an adult, he's an overgrown boy that needs a mother-figure to tell him what to do every minute of every day.

Mightyanvil

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 2011, 08:28 »

Rofl.

Is that what WCDT stands for, I was like What Can Dora Trash? Why Can't Dave Tumble?

I will move my further introspection to the correct place   :-P

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jul 2011, 09:24 »

I don't want to sound too negative, but it looks like new posters are frequently not willing to lurk around for a long enough time to learn how this places works, and start threads like this that obviously belong under the umbrella of WCDT, or are just plain "I hate character X"-threads. This is not a huge problem, but it does annoy me a little.

Here's a suggestion for a remedy. Would it be technically possible to limit the privilege to start a new thread to forumites with a minimum of, say, ten posts? Of course, the 'Hi, I'm New'-section would still be fair game.

After all, certain parts of the forum are out of bounds until you reach 100 posts. Also, this might help in the fight against the spambots.
Also may be taking a deep breath and counting to ten would be an easier remedy?
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jul 2011, 09:28 »

Part of me likes this, but I'd rather have spambots making their own threads than start clogging up the WCDT.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mightyanvil

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jul 2011, 09:30 »

*shrug*  wall of text is not the 1st thing on my mind when something moves me enough to create a profile here and start posting.  Anything that limits new people from posting takes away from the desire to actually post here.  You want as much traffic as you can get.  It isn't like a slapped your mother or anything, I took my posting to where it needed to be.  Sorry if it ruffled some feathers. :(

TheEvilDog

« Reply #7 on: 05 Jul 2011, 09:35 »

Here's a suggestion for a remedy. Would it be technically possible to limit the privilege to start a new thread to forumites with a minimum of, say, ten posts?

I kind of agree with this. It'll prevent topics coming up in this section that are already being discussed in the WCDT.

Tiogyr

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #8 on: 05 Jul 2011, 09:36 »

Here's a suggestion for a remedy. Would it be technically possible to limit the privilege to start a new thread to forumites with a minimum of, say, ten posts?

I kind of agree with this. It'll prevent topics coming up in this section that are already being discussed in the WCDT.

Only until someone has ten posts in the "Hi I'm new!" forum or through the ten active threads going on. Then it will start up again.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #9 on: 05 Jul 2011, 09:38 »

Only until someone has ten posts in the "Hi I'm new!" forum or through the ten active threads going on. Then it will start up again.

So nothing constructive to say as usual then? No suggestions? Just sit there and grumble? You have a brain man, use it, exercise it!  :roll:

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #10 on: 05 Jul 2011, 09:42 »

I see no problem with some separate threads; indeed it used to be more common than it is at present*.  When there is no reason for a separate thread, just mentioning to people that a discussion is already under way elsewhere is enough I would say (maybe with a link, even).  And now that's been said, there's no need to continue, is there?

* In fact, at one time there was one forum for the weekly threads, and a separate one for more general discussion.
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2011, 09:46 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jul 2011, 09:46 »

Actually, I've always wondered why there isn't a sticky (or the first line in another sticky) about it, especially since this seems to happen so often.

"WCDT = Weekly Comic Discussion Thread. This is the place to talk about anything related to the daily strips - please do not start new threads about individual comics."
Pages: [1]   Go Up