THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic  (Read 57739 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
« Reply #50 on: 07 Feb 2012, 17:34 »

It's on The Hub, which I have never seen or heard of. I got the first season from someone who downloaded it.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #52 on: 29 Mar 2012, 02:48 »

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that a peacefully resolved argument in a youtube comments section?

My Little Pony must really have some sort of magic powers.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #53 on: 16 Nov 2013, 08:27 »

Magic of friendship, resurrect this thread!

Season four airs in less than a week. Are you excited???
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #54 on: 16 Nov 2013, 09:27 »

DUH! I was disappointed season 3 was so short.

(click to show/hide)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #55 on: 16 Nov 2013, 13:44 »

The season three finale was utterly confusing, but I think everyone knew that thing you spoilered had to happen eventually. But 'eventually' arrived sooner than I expected. Still, that means fun times are ahead. :-D

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #56 on: 16 Nov 2013, 14:38 »

See, I was expecting her to be Star Swirl the Bearded 2.0. :-D

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #57 on: 16 Nov 2013, 14:58 »

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #59 on: 16 Nov 2013, 20:05 »

I just want to state for the record that I called Princess Twilight back at motherfucking season 1! Ahahahahaha. Glorious. The sheer amount of rage tears shed over that.

So yeah. Big time brony, it's my little anti-depressant. I'm fairly active in the community under a few nom de plume and you can find me on IRC on the EQD pony chats some times.

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #60 on: 17 Nov 2013, 04:06 »

Star Swirl? Hmm, what could have happened to that guy?

Hmm, interesting! But I'm more inclined to believe he just lived a normal life and then died.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #61 on: 17 Nov 2013, 04:20 »

I'd go with "just a dude" the Q would take serious offense that lesser beings think their in universe incarnations can be "ascended" to.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #62 on: 17 Nov 2013, 08:54 »

nom de plume

Is it of the form <something>Marine?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #63 on: 17 Nov 2013, 15:45 »

Yeah basically. I'm not exactly creative with screen names.

Also "PonyMarine" gives me a chuckle because of this:

GarandMarine

• Awakened

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #65 on: 24 Nov 2013, 18:29 »

More Everfree wildlife! Awesome. Totally makes up for the stupendous lapse of judgment that came immediately afterwards.

Also, were I a Ponyville citizen I'd have learned to stay inside and lock up the doors and windows every time there's a national celebration, since it's inevitably going to coincide with ruin and devastation of some kind.

Unrelated, but fun:

« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2013, 11:14 by LTK »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #66 on: 26 Nov 2013, 09:44 »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #67 on: 01 Dec 2013, 05:53 »

I like Garand's idea. Let's just start posting these episodes. Time for some good old haunted castle antics.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #68 on: 16 Dec 2013, 15:16 »

This week we learn that Scootaloo's flightlessness is actually a rare disability, something we never knew for certain before. (Also, Scootaloo is not homeless!) In this episode we learn of her struggle with that and her friends help her come to terms with it.

And there's a new song, which sounds great. (Warning: Excessive amounts of smiling.) I guess that plinky melody at the start is from a mandolin?

Come on guys, don't let me fanboy on this all on my own. :P
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2013, 17:08 by LTK »

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #69 on: 12 Jan 2014, 07:35 »

Just caught up last night (first three seasons on Netflix, other means for season four). GM insisted I watch it...thanks, GM.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #70 on: 12 Jan 2014, 21:46 »

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #71 on: 04 Apr 2015, 07:10 »

For anyone who's been living under a rock, the season 5 pre'mare' is in a little under an hour.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #72 on: 04 Apr 2015, 07:26 »

I still haven't watched season 4 yet.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #73 on: 04 Apr 2015, 13:06 »

Today's message? Equality =/= all living to the same mean standards; egalitarianism does not mean everyone needs to have the same levels of ability and attainment. It also reminds us that equality when forced becomes the worst sort of tyranny, especially if the leadership considers itself 'more equal'.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #74 on: 04 Apr 2015, 18:14 »

I got everypony has something that makes them special and you make this world a special place just by being you. I also got that given the nature of Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer, the magic of friendship is all that's keeping Twilight Sparkle from going all Darth Vader, too much study of magic is obviously corrupting.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #75 on: 04 Apr 2015, 18:49 »

"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #76 on: 13 May 2015, 02:56 »

Robert Downey Junior talks Ponies

I suppose this could be considered a crossover with the MCU thread. What amazes me is how good his assessment is of the characters of the two universes and the parallels that he draws!
~~~~

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #77 on: 16 May 2015, 16:24 »

Discord bringing the drama to the gala today. Unexpected, yet classic. More of this, please!

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #78 on: 30 May 2015, 10:33 »

Amazingly, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has now reached it's 100th overall episode, which will be airing on 6/13/15. The episode is called Slice of Life and it will focus entirely on the background characters and how they live their lives when the superheroes are off saving the day.

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DSW7Ave6tcA"
~~~~

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #79 on: 30 May 2015, 22:56 »

I still haven't watched season 4 yet, I should get on that.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #80 on: 07 Dec 2020, 19:52 »

We just finished season 8. Good series. Honestly the final villain of season 8 has got to be the scariest. They're just a manipulative demagogue, but its surprising how menacing they are compared to the other unredeamable villains. Something about them is just so unnerving and I think its because they don't have any super powers, they just use words. Its a bit too realistic.

Season 9 is on Hulu and we'll probably watch more, but my oldest daughter is more interested in Sailor Moon right now so it may be awhile.

I am honestly surprised I enjoy this show at all. Admittedly I had no real interest in the show until Q from TNG showed up. After that I think I really started to give the show a chance and I have to say, its probably one of the best shows of the 20-teens.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #81 on: 08 Dec 2020, 00:45 »

Amazingly, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has now reached it's 100th overall episode, which will be airing on 6/13/15. The episode is called Slice of Life and it will focus entirely on the background characters and how they live their lives when the superheroes are off saving the day.

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DSW7Ave6tcA"
[/y]

'Slice of life' is one of my favorite episodes 😁

I'm happy this thread exists.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #82 on: 08 Dec 2020, 05:45 »

Oh damn, I haven't watched this show in years, I binged the first three seasons I think when that was all that was out, and then forgot about it.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #83 on: 08 Dec 2020, 08:10 »

I haven't finished the second season. It wasn't as good as the first, I suppose because Lauren Faust left, and I just kind of abandoned it and moved on to something else.
I'm still Twilight Sparkle tho'
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #84 on: 08 Dec 2020, 11:05 »

Honestly, its pretty good.  You should revisit it if you have the time. Twilight grows over the course of the seasons, as does the other characters. There are some great villains that come up and some even turn the corner.

The Mane 6 is the A team

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are the B team (they do eventually get their Marks once they figure out what they were meant to do and have been doing).

Then there is a C team of reformed villains that step in at least once try to save the day.

Then there is a D team that are students of Twilight, which was a little awkward at first but really freshened the story.

When one of the villains made a heel face turn (I think it was season 6 or 7), I kind of felt like the show jumped the shark, but as I kept watching more, they really came into their own and I am glad they did what they did with them. I am worried that Season 9 will be like Parks and Rec season 7. Like, it probably could have ended with the previous season but "lets push forward." We'll have to see for ourselves.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #85 on: 08 Dec 2020, 12:11 »

One of the things I really enjoy about the show is the massive amount of character development - they learn so much from each other and from what they do.

That's one of the reasons why I really dislike the MLP movie: the decisions that Twilight made were not consistent with who she was at that point.

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #86 on: 08 Dec 2020, 13:19 »

I am honestly surprised I enjoy this show at all. Admittedly I had no real interest in the show until Q from TNG showed up. 
Have you watched Breaking Bad? He's in season 2.
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #87 on: 08 Dec 2020, 19:01 »

Sadly I have not seen Breaking Bad.

@Farideh: I agree, however when she did "the thing" I couldn't help but feel she was just at her breaking point due to stress. Overall it did seem like she back tracked on her character in order for the plot to unfold the way it did.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #88 on: 28 Dec 2020, 22:17 »

Something funny that I just remembered:

Since both Q (from Star Trek) and Discord are portrayed/voiced by the same person, my friend and I got into quite an animated discussion a while ago as to who would win in a fight 😀 Can't remember if we reached a conclusion - we probably decided on a draw.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #89 on: 29 Dec 2020, 01:20 »

I'd argue Q, since Discord's abilities are based off magic and can be nullified by anti-magic (like in the changeling episode where the suicide squad goes to stop the evil queen). Q, as far as I can tell, isn't magic but an omnipotent being and his powers can only be "turned off" by the rest of the continuum, collectively if I recall.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #90 on: 29 Dec 2020, 01:34 »

Discord appears to be what Terry Pratchett would call an 'anthropomorphic manifestation' (dracomorphic?). He is a sentient manifestation of the concept of chaos in magic to the point where, when he tried to stop being chaotic, he started to fade from existence. That makes him in some ways a creation of ponies and other sentient life-forms on Equestria rather than a distinct being with his own independent existence like Q.
~~~~

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #91 on: 16 Feb 2021, 18:25 »

I have heard through the grapevine that Netflix is producing the next MLP movie, set to come out in Sept.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #92 on: 16 Feb 2021, 18:53 »

I hope it's better than the last one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up