THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was THIS week's MOMENT... OF... THE WEEK?

Catching Up On The Porch
- 3 (8.1%)
"I've never really been friends with an ex before."
- 0 (0%)
"I won't have to drag your body out to the old quarry."
- 0 (0%)
Dora makes her entrance!
- 4 (10.8%)
"We saw your friends watching you and thought something interesting was going on."
- 3 (8.1%)
THOOMPTHOOMPTHOOMPTHOOMP
- 3 (8.1%)
"#### OFF I'M BUSY" (oops!)
- 4 (10.8%)
DJ OCDee-Liteful!
- 3 (8.1%)
JUST NOD YOUR HEAD AND PRETEND TO CLICK THINGS
- 7 (18.9%)
Really nice guy looking for a relationship.
- 1 (2.7%)
Casual sex?
- 0 (0%)
Stammering Blushing Tai
- 0 (0%)
"I know, you work with Marten. It'd be weird."
- 2 (5.4%)
"Right." (sad Tai)
- 1 (2.7%)
"sit out here and look all Zen-contented"
- 2 (5.4%)
"...both my legs are asleep."
- 4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 11-15 July 2011 (1966-1970)  (Read 108248 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
Re: WCDT: 11-15 July 2011 (1966-1970)
« Reply #250 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:09 »

I didn't think the sarcasm could be missed.  What I meant was that instead of uproaring, we should calmly state our objections if we have any.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tiogyr

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #251 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:13 »

I didn't think the sarcasm could be missed.  What I meant was that instead of uproaring, we should calmly state our objections if we have any.

Right, either way objections to it (or really, any discussion at all) should have been in the WCDT for that comic.

What was the comic range for the week that one fell on, anyway? That might make it easier to find and see if anything was actually said about it.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #252 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:18 »

A couple of years ago, when the separate forums for the weekly threads and the general QC discussion were merged into a single forum (this one), the older weekly threads were ditched.

EDIT: In fact, everything before Feb 2008 was ditched and all the WCT (as it was then called) before Feb 2009 - that's around comic 1350, though the titles didn't include that until recently.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 12:27 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Vista

• Plantmonster
  • The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas.
« Reply #253 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:20 »

I think Dora and Tai would be a fine couple, for a few weeks.  Like my brother, Tai appears to be idealistic about potential partners and then flighty upon realizing they aren't ideal.
I hope that somehow they do get together (Tai apologize, Dora forgive, Tai move too fast, Dora think it over later).  Not because I think it is a good idea, but because I read the comic for the drama.
If Dora was looking for a casual thing--or not looking and still finding--I'm not sure it would be disastrous for Dora, especially if Tai evinced no particularly broken feelings after.  But I would personally consider it pretty darn callous of the both of them, which would be fun to watch.  Marten looks like he's starting to toughen up, might help speed along the process.

Hannelore does seem fairly "normal" lately, doesn't she.  It's only been about a year since she met the group, yes?
"Himemiya, I've misjudged you!"
"My image of you is ruined!"

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #254 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:23 »

A couple of years ago, when the separate forums for the weekly threads and the general QC discussion were merged into a single forum (this one), the older weekly threads were ditched.

EDIT: In fact, everything before Feb 2008 was ditched.
Well that's a shame.  How about a new section for individual comic discussion?  People can create a thread for a comic and discuss that one there, and hopefully they'll use the search function before making a new thread.  Then again, I doubt very much I'm the first one to bring this up, but I figure suggesting it can't hurt.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tiogyr

« Reply #255 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:26 »

Well that's a shame.  How about a new section for individual comic discussion?  People can create a thread for a comic and discuss that one there, and hopefully they'll use the search function before making a new thread.  Then again, I doubt very much I'm the first one to bring this up, but I figure suggesting it can't hurt.

Because they'd play out basically like this:

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #256 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:29 »

I hope the mods don't take this as a personal insult, but you're not being very helpful, Tiogyr.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #257 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:30 »

If you look back, there are some threads for individual comics, as well as the WCT (that's how I specified where the surviving WCTs start in my last edit above).  But so many strips run in groups, even if not large enough to be called arcs, that the present arrangement seems quite sensible.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #258 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:34 »

I didn't mean replacing the WCDT, but those really work best for current strips.  This would only be for pre-merge strips.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tiogyr

« Reply #259 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:35 »

If you look back, there are some threads for individual comics, as well as the WCT (that's how I specified where the surviving WCTs start in my last edit above).  But so many strips run in groups, even if not large enough to be called arcs, that the present arrangement seems quite sensible.

I didn't mean replacing the WCDT, but those really work best for current strips.  This would only be for pre-merge strips.

Along those lines, wouldn't a separate thread about an individual comic (after the original WCDT it was featured in is over, for more recent ones) be kosher, if enough people wanted to talk about it?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #260 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:37 »

I have no objection to threads on individual comics - they can float or sink like any other, after all.  I suggest a title of "Comic nnnn", which is one of the forms that has been used previously.  Maybe one could add a descriptive title in some cases, e.g.: "Comic 2000, Marten walks on water"
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 12:39 by pwhodges »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #261 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:39 »

I was under the impression that these threads, while they exist, were discouraged.  But I'm glad to hear otherwise, especially if I notice something about an old comic and do not wish to necro the old WCDT, assuming it's still here.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tiogyr

« Reply #262 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:40 »

I have no objection to threads on individual comics - they can float or sink like any other, after all.  I suggest a title of "Comic nnnn", which is one of the forms that has been used previously.

Comic #1522 "Was this actually funny, or in bad taste?", with a link and introduction paragraph by whoever the OP is giving their point of view, for example? Or would it be more like "Comic #1522" full stop and any and all takes/discussion going on within that thread?

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #263 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:52 »

It just came to my mind one undeniably wrong aspect of Marten's behaviour during the first 500 strips: he didn't punch Faye as often as she deserved to be.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #264 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:54 »

Comic #1522 "Was this actually funny, or in bad taste?", with a link and introduction paragraph by whoever the OP is giving their point of view, for example? Or would it be more like "Comic #1522" full stop and any and all takes/discussion going on within that thread?

If a thread is useful, it will write itself (as it were).  I'm not going to provide a template.

Tiogyr

« Reply #265 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:58 »

It just came to my mind one undeniably wrong aspect of Marten's behaviour during the first 500 strips: he didn't punch Faye as often as she deserved to be.

Oh come on, now, if Marten had punched back he'd be dead!  :mrgreen:

If a thread is useful, it will write itself (as it were).  I'm not going to provide a template.

I wasn't asking you to write it or provide a template so much as asking if people should keep all discussion of a certain comic within that thread or if two completely different conversations could go on in different threads that start by referencing the same comic.

michael28

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #266 on: 13 Jul 2011, 13:29 »

Not dead, in hospital! And the comic wouldn't have gained a readership like this one. Beating a woman, even if she deserves it (that sounds meaner than it should. my list of grounds if someone deserves a beating is short,gender-neutral... and Babylonian), is a no-go.

Thinking of that, how does the failed attempt to stop Vespa Venger with a STOP sign to the forehad work out? Is it ok, as long they don't hit her?

concerning strip #1522, you remeber it was a return for slaping her ass in that bar (#1521)?
... "Dad Two: Dad Harder" is a fine addition to that family, fits right into it.

Speaking of Fayes ass. It must be a very interesting sight, if so many pinch, slap and grap it in the comic (still don't know how many months have passed since #1).
The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"
- Sigmund Freud -

Faye Whitaker

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #267 on: 13 Jul 2011, 13:43 »

Not dead, in hospital! And the comic wouldn't have gained a readership like this one. Beating a woman, even if she deserves it (that sounds meaner than it should. my list of grounds if someone deserves a beating is short,gender-neutral... and Babylonian), is a no-go.

Thinking of that, how does the failed attempt to stop Vespa Venger with a STOP sign to the forehad work out? Is it ok, as long they don't hit her?

concerning strip #1522, you remeber it was a return for slaping her ass in that bar (#1521)?
... "Dad Two: Dad Harder" is a fine addition to that family, fits right into it.

Speaking of Fayes ass. It must be a very interesting sight, if so many pinch, slap and grap it in the comic (still don't know how many months have passed since #1).

Marten wouldn't beat a women, he is too nice for that. The only time he really got angry in front of Faye was when Dora thought that the two of them were doing something devious when they were both in their underpants on the couch in 1743. Plus, even if she did need a bit of an attitude adjustment at some times, after strip 500 everyone realized why she was so harsh all of the time.

Well Jeph said the about page "I don't keep an exact count (because it doesn't matter) but I estimate that as of strip #1400 it will have been greater than six months and less than two years. The pace is really slow. Sorry!" That still leaves about 568 strips left, and Marten mentioned the breakup happened weeks ago a few times, so estimate a 3 year span max.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #268 on: 13 Jul 2011, 13:48 »

Okay, remember that "shouldn't be dating anyone" thing?  Is there a reason it'll be different with Tai that doesn't contain some permutation of "it'lll be hot"?
Oh, she definitely shouldn't. If she realizes that, it will avoid much drama and awkward humor, and emotional harm to the imaginary people.

That doesn't mean it won't happen.

EDIT: Dora was 26 when the comic started, she's a year younger than Sven, who told the Pugnacious Peach recently that he's 28. Dora's probably not exactly 12 months younger than Sven, and we don't know how far either of them was into their current age, so there's a lot of wiggle room.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 13:53 by Is it cold in here? »
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

SirDudley

• Hope's Bright (Night)Light
« Reply #269 on: 13 Jul 2011, 14:00 »

In other news, are we doing only one poll this week? Or is the next one coming on Friday?
Disclaimer: Avatar image does not reflect user's true identity.

michael28

« Reply #270 on: 13 Jul 2011, 14:01 »

todays comic. I sense a very sad Tai next week.

Dora seems to be much more in balance, right now. The ball dropped. And I don't see her ripping that ball apart just hours later with someone who's even more immature than Marten (yes I said it). Don't get me wrong, Tai is a good provider for jokes (like Raven) and the comic would miss something if she wouldn't have an apperance now and then.

But, if Dora would be really searching for someone who is more mature and motivated (that just sounds like the first part of a good provider in my ears, yuck). Tai would be more active in pursuing Dora (Marten had his moments, but they were far apart).

Has Dora already talked with Marten of her issue with his passivness? She complained to a date about it, but I don't remember her in the comic discussing that topic seriously with him (manatee on codein isn't serious).

@Faye Whitaker
That outburst was an interesting sight, though. We saw the point where a manatee on codein goes into berserk (under water, with no natural arnament what so ever.... poor defenceless manatee :cry:)
I calculated about 2-4 weeks since the breakup now, taking in account the strip where that art director wanted an second coffeesaurus (delivery time 6 weeks). 250 strips~ 4 weeks. I thought about a 8 months to a year. But still thats only a  guestimate (is this really a word in English?)

@Is it cold in here,
I just remember her saying that Jim was pretty good with guessing her age link(25 or 26). If she's still 26, my one year guess would make sense,  :?.

It's not like there is an official cast page... which would be a pretty good idea
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 14:12 by michael28 »
The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"
- Sigmund Freud -

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #271 on: 13 Jul 2011, 14:29 »

guestimate (is this really a word in English?)

It's in the Oxford Dictionary of English, The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary (that's the one below the huge one), and Chambers Dictionary (all in their iPhone editions) - but with a preferred spelling of guesstimate, though guestimate is also listed.

NotAwesomeAnymore

• Furry furrier
« Reply #272 on: 13 Jul 2011, 14:32 »

It's not like there is an official cast page... which would be a pretty good idea
There used to be one actually! It had just been put up when I started reading the comic about 3 years ago I think... And then it became horribly outdated. Amir was in it, right near the top and there was no Marigold or Angus or Tai. Weird, how much has changed...

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #273 on: 13 Jul 2011, 14:39 »

Not necessarily next week. Dora will have to be extra-tactful on that one.

EDIT: Holy Chao! it just came to my mind that Dora may be not fully aware of Tai's infatuation to her. She got glimpses, but does she fully understand how important she is to Tai? She might end up having to improvise being extra tactful.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 14:54 by Schmorgluck »
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

michael28

« Reply #274 on: 13 Jul 2011, 15:07 »

Not necessarily next week. Dora will have to be extra-tactful on that one.

EDIT: Holy Chao! it just came to my mind that Dora may be not fully aware of Tai's infatuation to her. She got glimpses, but does she fully understand how important she is to Tai? She might end up having to improvise being extra tactful.
Tai already said it, while Dora and Marten were together. But it still bothers me. It's kind of cold-blooded?

@NotAwesomeAnymore Thanks for the info. I just thought it might be more of a slang term-
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 15:10 by michael28 »
- Sigmund Freud -

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #275 on: 13 Jul 2011, 15:21 »

I don't have a cite for you, but I seem to remember Jeph saying that he was considering not updating the cast page and instead pointing people to Wikipedia.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #276 on: 13 Jul 2011, 15:29 »

Thanks for the info. I just thought it might be more of a slang term-

It was me, actually.  The word is marked not as slang but as "informal" in the dictionaries.  They trace its origins back to the 1930s in the US.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #277 on: 13 Jul 2011, 15:34 »

I didn't realize there was a difference between "slang" and "informal".

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #278 on: 13 Jul 2011, 15:47 »

Not much, perhaps; but at least one of those dictionaries uses "slang" for more vulgar words.  I meant to indicate that it was a word I would be prepared to use in, say, a somewhat informal business setting, as opposed to one that would be considered inappropriate in most business settings.  Perhaps I'd better stop before I put my foot any further in my mouth.

EDIT: I've checked my big 1500-page Cassell's Dictionary of Slang, which does not  include gues(s)timate, showing it's not that  slangy.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 15:57 by pwhodges »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #279 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:03 »

People would actually use that in a business meeting?  I'd think there would be at least some amount of cringing from those involved.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #280 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:11 »

I think in most business contexts they'd have less problem with the word than with the suggestion that the budgetary planning had not been more proactively finalised  :wink:

wrwight

• Furry furrier
  • Having a tag line is so mainstream
    • My Music
« Reply #281 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:20 »

Yeah, I personally dislike the term. I suppose it makes sense as in "I guess the area is 5x5 squares, and I charge about $10/square, so without pulling out my measuring instrument, it should ballpark around $250." In that instance If the thought process is along those lines I suppose it applies, but it seems like the term "educated guess" would work just as well there, if not better, and it wouldn't make me cringe. I think it's just the mashing of the words together. I tend to dislike it when people do that, even though English is littered with them already. I don't know, it seems very, not sure what word to use that wouldn't sound condescending, ha. (I guess that's a bit self-revelatory, isn't it?)

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #282 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:21 »

I don't know if "slang" is to English exactly what "argot" is to French, but "argot" is born from the thieving crowd basically encrypting their way of speaking to each other.

michael28

« Reply #283 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:21 »

Thanks for the info. I just thought it might be more of a slang term-

It was me, actually.  The word is marked not as slang but as "informal" in the dictionaries.  They trace its origins back to the 1930s in the US.
sorry. Must have been the business studies crowd^^
- Sigmund Freud -

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #284 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:22 »

I think in most business contexts they'd have less problem with the word than with the suggestion that the budgetary planning had not been more proactively finalised  :wink:
Or that they're not using enough synergy :roll:

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

wrwight

• Furry furrier
  • Having a tag line is so mainstream
    • My Music
« Reply #285 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:24 »

ooh, buzzwords!

Kwark

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #286 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:26 »

Lost in semantics

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #287 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:37 »

Which of these is more likely?

More of Dora & Marten's discussion    - 20 (25.3%)
The rest of the party & the other four's reactions    - 27 (34.2%)
Scene change to the next morning    - 8 (10.1%)
Guest Strip Week!    - 2 (2.5%)
Waffles.    - 6 (7.6%)
Nothing. Jeph takes a week off just tick us all off.    - 1 (1.3%)
All of the above.    - 15 (19%)

Total Voters: 79

And another poll is up.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #288 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:43 »

And another poll is up.

I still see the old one...
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #289 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:47 »

And another poll is up.
I still see the old one...

I was still finishing the options :P
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #290 on: 13 Jul 2011, 16:51 »

I was still finishing the options :P

I'm just terribly impatient, sorry.  :-D

Edit: that was a more difficult choice than usual.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 16:54 by Tova »
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

WAYF

• Beyoncé
« Reply #291 on: 13 Jul 2011, 17:38 »

And there was I thinking that the "DJ OCDelightful" option would sweep it by landslide.  :roll:

I don't think anyone's going to crash and burn, or be let down. Simply because Dora has no idea how into her Tai is (unless Marten or Faye told her offscreen), and Tai trying to hit on Dora maybe half an hour after the latter had just come back from a date would NOT be cool. At all.

Best thing for Tai to do would be to apologize for being rude and explain that she was in fact sad because she didn't think Dora was going to show.
Or something. I don't write the comic. But if I did it wouldn't be nearly as good. :P

« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 17:41 by WAYF »

gprimr1

• Furry furrier
« Reply #292 on: 13 Jul 2011, 18:25 »

I don't think Tai realized it was Dora she said "Fuck off" too. Otherwise she wouldn't have turned and burned to chase her down.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #293 on: 13 Jul 2011, 20:35 »

For comic #1768...

1. I like Dora's expression in panel #2, makes me wonder what she might have said had DJ Tai Fighter has not been immersed in her job.  I would be fairly certain that Dora did not truly take offense at Tai's job-distracted brush-off, either.

2. You can almost hear the "screeching record-stop noise" going off inside Tai's mind when her brain caught up by panel #4.

3. Love how despite protests, Hanners is still putting on the headphones and cramming on the Ableton Live user guide/manual.  One of the endearing things I enjoy about Hannelore is that she rarely ever flat-out refuses to help when dragged into the comedic situations (which of course, is what makes it a good punchline :-) ).

SirDudley

• Hope's Bright (Night)Light
« Reply #294 on: 13 Jul 2011, 20:57 »

DJ OCDelightful?

Ehh....kinda long for a DJ's name. But, that's my opinion.
Disclaimer: Avatar image does not reflect user's true identity.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #295 on: 13 Jul 2011, 22:44 »

DJ OCDelightful?

Ehh....kinda long for a DJ's name. But, that's my opinion.

DJ OCD, played to the background of O.P.P., which Hanners will be blissfully unaware of the meaning behind the song.

westrim

« Reply #296 on: 13 Jul 2011, 22:47 »

I was going to type that I was looking forward to seeing '69, then realized how that would look, then decided to type it anyway and clarify that I meant 1969, both the comic and the year (Summer of 69, moon landing, etc, dohoho). Only 44 more strips until we're in the fuuuutuuuuure.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011, 23:29 by westrim »

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #297 on: 13 Jul 2011, 23:40 »

This is ground control to Major Tai...
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

westrim

« Reply #298 on: 13 Jul 2011, 23:59 »

This is ground control to Major Tai...
That's a depressing song. I like the Shiny Toy Guns cover though.

Oh my god I actually recognized a musical reference! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #299 on: 14 Jul 2011, 00:31 »

One of the endearing things I enjoy about Hannelore is that she rarely ever flat-out refuses to help when dragged into the comedic situations (which of course, is what makes it a good punchline :-) ).
Hannelore is arguably the bravest character in the comic, constantly pushing her boundaries. With her wealthy family background, she could wrap herself in cotton-wool, but she doesn't.
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2011, 06:56 by Akima »
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up