THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trailer for a movie I wrote  (Read 8021 times)

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
Trailer for a movie I wrote
« on: 22 Aug 2011, 20:39 »

The trailer is excellent. The movie should be good. I'm excited.
"It's funny how you think I'm an asshole because I've got HIGH self esteem"

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
Re: Trailer for a movie I wrote
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2011, 21:11 »

Link?
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2011, 21:15 »

Well hell's horses. Apparently I am an imbecile who can't copy/paste properly. Oops.

http://youtu.be/Scrog8m_wBI

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2011, 16:38 »

Wow, looks pretty rad.

I love thhe actress and the guy wh plays Henry (I think)

Looks mighty interesting fellow interwebzor please let me know when it's done
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2011, 20:21 »

Looks solid! And more importantly, piques my curiosity about the rest of the film.

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2011, 12:05 »

Oh thank you! The actress is me. The guy who played Henry was/is phenomenal. I actually didn't write his "this level is for the mortals" line, he ad-libbed that, which ended up being one of my favorite pieces of dialogue in the movie, go figure.

It's having a few sound issues tweaked and then it will be ready to submit to festivals. I'll see if I can upload it to somewhere password accessible to show on the internet at some point. Thanks for watching!

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2011, 14:23 »

I like the look of this. Certainly a very good trailer, because it made me interested in the film, without giving too much away, which in turn only intrigued me even more!

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2011, 18:45 »

Also thumbs up on your demo reel.  :-)

I've been involved with 4 short films so far, one as PA, 3 as principle camera. No desire to be in front of it, so hats off to anybody willing to put themselves out there!

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2011, 00:48 »

Haha, thank you so much. It's daunting. All of it, I guess. Whatever aspect of the movie you're putting your signature on you're still a part of the process and art being the subjective thing that it is, there's a chance it will get ripped into.

All this to say, thank you for watching, speculating and encouraging. It means a lot. Feel free to share it. And I don't know where you are the world, but I'm an actor and I work for cheap, so if you ever need one... :P

Anything you've filmed available online? I'm always curious to see what other people are making. Is it a career that you're pursuing or just one of those all-consuming hobbies?

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2011, 02:34 »

Only a couple of trailers for the the movie I did PA for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmlcHXkXr64

The main one I did camera for premieres in October, then will be posted online, so I guess I should link to it when it's available. Not sure what will happen with the other 2, one was a "10-minute film in 10 days" challenge for a festival, and the other is rather bogged down in the writer/director's "artistic vision".  :-P

My main interest is music, though, and I'd LOVE to start directing music videos. I'm talking with some local musicians on doing some to get my feet wet in that process. In the meantime, I've entered a couple of music video contests, this one for Duran Duran I shot in a long afternoon with a friend and includes a pretty cool effect I came up with on the fly. I've also been developing my live music filming chops, and I have a thread all about it in the music sub-forum.

But the eventual goal is to turn it all into a career somehow. I have a part time job at the local access station, and I've been taking classes in TV/film production at the community college with a top-notch program. Right now 90% of what I do is volunteer stuff to just get experience in as many aspects of the business as possible.

And now that I've rambled far too long about myself in YOUR thread, allow me to ask how you got started in all this.  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up