Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was... THE MOMENT OF THE WEEK?

Momo likes the new chassis!
- 3 (4.8%)
Momo hugs!
- 3 (4.8%)
Perhaps you should buy a humidifier too.
- 1 (1.6%)
Do you not recognize me, Pintsize? It's me. Momo.
- 5 (7.9%)
Momo Robo Beatdown! (Hurf Durf)
- 2 (3.2%)
I'll give her five more minutes...
- 1 (1.6%)
It was nice of Hannelore to give some of her old clothes.
- 2 (3.2%)
I can cook for you!
- 0 (0%)
I can also reach your head to smack you upside it...
- 4 (6.3%)
I really do love you, Marigold. "I love you too."
- 6 (9.5%)
You're gonna make Angus cry.
- 3 (4.8%)
THERE WAS A CAT ON THE STAIRS AND I'M ALLERGIC.
- 13 (20.6%)
No offense, but it's hard to sleep with you sitting there staring...
- 1 (1.6%)
Spooning Momo!
- 16 (25.4%)
But I am too big to fit on the dresser anymore!
- 3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2001-2005 (29 Aug-2 Sept 2011)  (Read 138968 times)

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
Re: WCDT: 2001-2005 (29 Aug-2 Sept 2011)
« Reply #250 on: 30 Aug 2011, 23:35 »

Of course, there's the issue that now that she's bigger, by almost an order of magnitude, her skirt is also bigger by almost an order of magnitude. Ergo, the opportunities for Pintsize to peek under her skirt will increase by almost an order of magnitude.

Also, if it is Momo's intention to do this to everyone who's tried to look under her skirt, Faye needs to run.Fats. Now.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #251 on: 30 Aug 2011, 23:57 »

Here's something more light-hearted to change to conversation flow: Play the QC caption game! (I mean if you don't already)

/plug

Challenge accepted.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #252 on: 31 Aug 2011, 00:20 »

Also, if it is Momo's intention to do this to everyone who's tried to look under her skirt, Faye needs to run.Fats. Now.
I dont believe there is a danger of that:
1. Momo likely isnt as strong as Faye.
2. Faye has only bothered her once and she stopped when Momo demanded it.
Carpe Diem

westrim

« Reply #253 on: 31 Aug 2011, 00:37 »

I just realized that we could see the joints on every human scale anthroPC except this one. Why would sales AIs not be using the latest and greatest to show them off, at least?

Seconding the buying a new body desire. It's not that mine is bad, it's that I know it will wear out. I wouldn't mind dying at 100 if there weren't so many aches and pains along the way.

On the more frank side, I don't see how there could be robotics this lifelike and there not be widespread human-on-robot action (assume that I am not necessarily talking about AIs, just hardware and firmware considerations, and note that I have mostly not been party to any conversations on the subject last week). It at the very least has a mouth; even if all the developers all steadfastly refuse to install anything downstairs, there are surely aftermarket suppliers and technicians. Do we have any reason to believe that the Rule of First Adopters is not in effect in QCverse?

« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2011, 00:46 by westrim »

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #254 on: 31 Aug 2011, 01:07 »

I didn't think it was possible for Momo's new chassis to be cuter than her chibi one, but Jeph proved me wrong. What is it about girls wearing shirts that are too big for them that is just adorable?
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2011, 01:15 by CompSarge »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #255 on: 31 Aug 2011, 01:36 »

Like Hanners in Sven's hoodie? As cute as a kitten.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

westrim

« Reply #256 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:05 »

I think it's some sort of mental thing where, so long as it covers below the crotch it evinces the same reaction as a very short dress; pants don't seem to factor in even though we know logically that means they're covered, there's still something hoping that they aren't pants, just really long leggings.

I'll probably look at the wording later today and slap myself, but I hope you get the idea.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #257 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:28 »

Clothes that don't fit are so childlike. Momo looks like she's waiting to grow into it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #258 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:32 »

She does look rather like a kid sister now.

ihaveavoice

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #259 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:33 »

Oh ffs. Yeah, maybe part of being a child in a first world country. I think the starving, malnourished, abused children would beg to differ on that. Joy is not a part of every childhood...and it's not a part of every life.

I am really sick of being told that there's something wrong with loving someone, expecting love back.

Humans fuck it all up...other animals get it right.

I am not twisted, creepy, or anything else. My view makes perfect sense. I have never broken a heart.

The bolded bothered me so much, I had to make an account so I could respond.  No, the starving, malnourished, abused children of the third world do not lead lives completely bereft of joy and satisfaction.  That they have much harder, shorter lives than ours does not preclude them living completely.  In fact, when everything is darkness and pain in so much of your life, brief moments of respite become great sources of joy.  Imagine that your daily life includes never knowing when your next meal will come or if your sister will survive this latest bout of dysentery; now imagine a night when you have an extra bit of food to eat and share with her, and for once it's not too hot to cuddle as you chew.  Life in that moment is full of satisfaction, regardless of what it otherwise holds for you.  Hell, just seeing the weeds that grow between stones or feeling a cool shadow pass over you as you work can fill you with content when you least expect it.  To say that the starving, abused, etc. never feel joy is like saying they are incapable of it, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

And I don't think you're a twisted, creepy person, but I do think that saying someone who is loved must necessarily love back is a bit...rapey, by way of unfortunate implication.  I also have seen enough of the animal kingdom through my childhood obsession with Animal Planet and any related reading to know that idealizing the way that all animals approach sex is not the way to go, unless you'd count rape as love and squealing, kicking resistance as returning said love.  Angus did not betray Marigold by being honest: he was being a good friend to her.  When one of my guy friends asked me out and I just didn't feel the same way, it hurt like hell to have to tell him no, and if he'd reacted using the logic you apply to Angus and Marigold, I would have lost his friendship completely.  Instead, he accepted that romantic feeling is no more a switch you can flip at will than, say, sexual orientation, and our friendship did not suffer a whit for it.

I hope your wound heals as smoothly as possible and I also hope you don't take my response as an attack.  And, um, hi, forum!  It's nice to be here!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #260 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:39 »

Just to say that questionablecontentfan has posted in the relationship advice thread, and it would now be more appropriate to respond to her there.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #261 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:55 »

ihaveavoice, thank you for elucidating what I was trying to say so well. 

Also, welcome to the forums!  Good first post...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #262 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:57 »

I didn't think it was possible for Momo's new chassis to be cuter than her chibi one, but Jeph proved me wrong. What is it about girls wearing shirts that are too big for them that is just adorable?

makes them appear smaller and hides secondary sex characteristics, thus making them appear more childlike and helpless and triggering protective instincts.

Okay, I get it. Life just has to suck. Moving on...
life is just life. sometimes it's a bitch, and sometimes it's bitch'n. sometimes you have control, and sometimes you don't. about the only constant truth is that it's always better than the alternative.

Random Al Yousir

• Emoticontraindication
  • There will be bugs
« Reply #263 on: 31 Aug 2011, 03:41 »

I second that.

On topic: I can't wait to see the new Momo happen to Faye.
"Just try and make it through the night without saying anything else stupid, okay?"
"Your ass looks fat in that skirt.  I mean, yes Ma'am."

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #264 on: 31 Aug 2011, 03:43 »

I like the new Momo.  Momo has always cared about Marigold but she, Momo, is more assertive and confident.  Beforehand she could only advise (translating unspoken desires between Marigold and Hannelore) and "persuade" (threatening to use her electric shock, threatening to tell Angus a story that would embarrass Marigold).  Now she can take direct action to look after Marigold -- cooking healthy meals, talking to Marigold as an equal.

Of couse, Marigold needs to learn how to look after herself rather than rely on Momo but it is a step in the right direction.
Francisco

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #265 on: 31 Aug 2011, 03:59 »

Today's comic decides it - I am definitely happy with Momo's new chassis.

I expressed doubts before, but that was probably just my human opposition to all and any change. ;) This new form for Momo allows the story to go in new directions and take on new themes. It's not quite like adding a new character, but it's taking an old character and giving her a very different role. Even though she is still cute and short(ish), she's no longer the little doll-size she was before, and that simple fact will mean she is treated differently by characters, and by Jeph, no longer as a sort of little pet/child.

Slightly disappointed we didn't get to see Hannelore's 'first reaction', but perhaps Jeph is just avoiding that because doing it with all the characters would just be repeating the same comic over and over again, and doesn't really have all that much potential for humour.

ihaveavoice

« Reply #266 on: 31 Aug 2011, 04:12 »

I second that.

On topic: I can't wait to see the new Momo happen to Faye.

Thank you for the warm welcome and the compliments on my post!  :-D  Also, teehee, I like the phrasing of Momo happening to Faye.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #267 on: 31 Aug 2011, 04:14 »

Of couse, Marigold needs to learn how to look after herself rather than rely on Momo but it is a step in the right direction.
Is it worse to rely on a robot cook than for me to use an electric rice cooker? I mean, what's the point of a personal robot if you can't have it do useful things? How about Momo the robo-personal-trainer too? Just no maid's uniforms...
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

anabatica

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #268 on: 31 Aug 2011, 04:24 »

Is it worse to rely on a robot cook than for me to use an electric rice cooker? I mean, what's the point of a personal robot if you can't have it do useful things? How about Momo the robo-personal-trainer too? Just no maid's uniforms...
I don't know about you, but my electric rice cooker doesn't encourage me to go out and socialize, suggest I exercise, or insist that I eat more veggies. Marigold letting Momo cook for her is great, Marigold relying on Momo to tell her what is best to do with her life is a little sad.

Throg

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • will accordion for food
« Reply #269 on: 31 Aug 2011, 04:31 »

Well, it already seems accepted that there's a whole scale of AI in the QCverse.  All the way from "I make bread fun!" to running a nuclear submarine and breaking into impromptu musical numbers.  And, for that matter, Momo has already "nudged" Marigold into a social life anyway -- under threat of electric shock -- and helped Marigold and Hannelore over their initial mutual social awkwardness.  

And at this point, what's wrong with maid uniforms? This whole storyline seems to be a huge Jeph shout-out for his love of various anime tropes.  Might as well go all the way.   :|

SQUEEZE BOX

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #270 on: 31 Aug 2011, 04:41 »

I don't know Akima, most anime costumes for females tend to be as sexist as any "French Maid Outfit". 

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

sharpreed

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #271 on: 31 Aug 2011, 04:52 »

I'm pretty much loving the story arc. Its great seeing Momo being able to express herself in a more assertive manner. To be fair, the violent tendencies have always been present in angry Momo its just now she is able to act on them.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #272 on: 31 Aug 2011, 05:02 »

I don't know about you, but my electric rice cooker doesn't encourage me to go out and socialize, suggest I exercise, or insist that I eat more veggies. Marigold letting Momo cook for her is great, Marigold relying on Momo to tell her what is best to do with her life is a little sad.

I agree with what anabatica says.

I would add to that that even using a rice cooker takes a bit of skill.  You may need to prepare some other ingredients (e.g. cook some fish, veg, etc) to make the meal balanced.  We're not talking about being "Master Chef" here but enough for day-to-day life.  It's a personal opinion but I believe that part of being an adult is being able to cook and being able to look after yourself.

It's one thing to have another person, or even a robot, cook you a meal.  It's another thing if you would be lost without that assistance.
Francisco

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #273 on: 31 Aug 2011, 05:11 »

I'm not sure I like this direction in the comic.  Sure, the sentient tech has been there since the beginning, and we saw the robot body Hannerdad sent, but I can't help feeling making that commonplace is lining up the shark for a good long leap.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #274 on: 31 Aug 2011, 05:25 »

I just realized that we could see the joints on every human scale anthroPC except this one. Why would sales AIs not be using the latest and greatest to show them off, at least?

Because some companies are misers when it comes to expenses. I used to work for a company that still used a combo Windows NT 4.0/MS-DOS only several years ago in day-to-day operations. They managed to "upgrade" to Windows XP a few years ago. 

Random Al Yousir

• Emoticontraindication
  • There will be bugs
« Reply #275 on: 31 Aug 2011, 05:37 »

I also think it might be a point of courtesy and good customer relations to let the customers know on first glance if they are dealing with an an AI or a human.

I like the phrasing of Momo happening to Faye.
Hehe, yeah, I understand Faye's role ...
Well, I think, one of Faye's roles in this comic is the role of a happening person.  She joined the storyline by happening to Marten after all, and, in the name of fair game, things keep happening to her as well.
"Just try and make it through the night without saying anything else stupid, okay?"

Sylentknight

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #276 on: 31 Aug 2011, 05:38 »

When Momo threatened to give Marigold a whack, Asimov's Laws jumped into my head. As I am sure they have already been discussed and as I have no desire to bring back the dead, could someone direct me to the week they took place?   :-)

stoutfiles

• BANNED
« Reply #277 on: 31 Aug 2011, 05:44 »

I'm not sure I like this direction in the comic.  Sure, the sentient tech has been there since the beginning, and we saw the robot body Hannerdad sent, but I can't help feeling making that commonplace is lining up the shark for a good long leap.

You aren't the only one.  They were great for comic relief when the relationship drama escalated, but now they're just as important as the regular cast, not to mention the endless questions they create.

We've gone from indie drama to sci-fi almost instantly.

stoutfiles

• BANNED
« Reply #278 on: 31 Aug 2011, 05:47 »

Why not Dale?

It's the cheap way out.  I hate when stories match people up because they currently have the same hobby.  Dale has been nothing but an ass...and besides, Marigold isn't happy with her current lifestyle.  She needs an active guy who doesn't play games all day.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #279 on: 31 Aug 2011, 05:48 »

Even though she is still cute and short(ish)
I wonder how tall she is anyway.. Considering that jeph uses to draw pretty much all the people quite tall it wouldn't surprise me that even Momo is taller than me.

Yes, I'm a short fella, 5'6''

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #280 on: 31 Aug 2011, 06:07 »

Nobody has a duty to love anyone*. None of us are special snowflakes. Nobody's personality entitles them to affection, or to be looked after by somebody else. Life is suffering.

But sometimes there are parties, and makeouts!

WIN.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #281 on: 31 Aug 2011, 06:16 »

MOVING RIGHT ALONG..........................................................
I already tried that, but hopefully your version works.

...Maybe you need to tell QCF that the thread starter HATES IT when his discussion threads get locked?
Just another Joe like 46

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #282 on: 31 Aug 2011, 06:20 »

You aren't the only one.  They were great for comic relief when the relationship drama escalated, but now they're just as important as the regular cast, not to mention the endless questions they create.

We've gone from indie drama to sci-fi almost instantly.

Has to be said, Jeph's original vision for the comic was "a depressed guy and his robot", and even though his idea evolved into something different and better, robot companions have from the beginning been a crucial part of the comic. As for the 'endless questions', well, there don't have to be. It doesn't affect the comic. All the discussion that's been going on here about AI is an interesting debate but not a crucial one. Jeph's offered a little background detail so things make sense, but it's possible to just enjoy a generally light-hearted comic that happens to have robots in.

Don't forget that this robo-centric arc has been running less than two weeks. It's way to early to tell if this will make a difference to the comic as a whole, or if everyone will just go, "Oh, look, Momo is human-sized now, that's pretty cool" and then go back to talking about the latest townie drama or obscure indie band with more words in their name than fans.

Random Al Yousir

• Emoticontraindication
  • There will be bugs
« Reply #283 on: 31 Aug 2011, 06:40 »

At least we now know that the QC-universe world is managed by sentient machines, instead of the stupid machines of our world, obeying any order given to them by anyone with the authority to do so.

Might be an improvement; although I have some trouble bringing meself to believe that sentience defaults to sanity and any aberration is caused by faulty (biological) hardware.

And then: What about bugs?

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #284 on: 31 Aug 2011, 06:53 »

Of course, what could happen is that the Idoru company and/or whomever makes chassis (what IS the plural of that, anyways?) for AnthroPC's has a major manufacturing issue which drives them out of business - making them go the way of the iPod, PocketPC and whatever.

A point to remember: the concept of the APC as a robo-companion was relatively new - new enough that Faye asked if Pintsize could do "all that crazy holographic stuff" like in the commercials. That indicates that they were new enough back then - anywhere from a couple of years to nearly a decade ago in strip time - that the idea of making the robots more lifelike hadn't quite come along (yet).

I like to theorize that Hanner's dad was the one behind the Idoru-style production of APC chassis, with Hanners' "boyfriend" being the prototype.
Just another Joe like 46

Throg

• will accordion for food
« Reply #285 on: 31 Aug 2011, 06:57 »

There comes a point where one has to adopt the hand-waving, it's-for-the-sake-of-a-punchline acceptance. 

Along with the sentient AI's, what about the teleporting cappucino maker?  Some grad student chick working in a coffee store can whip that up?  What are the implications of that tech?   :-P
SQUEEZE BOX

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #286 on: 31 Aug 2011, 07:04 »

Quite.

anywhere from a couple of years to nearly a decade ago in strip time

To run away on a tangent, is there any kind of consensus as to roughly how much time has passed in the comic?

kent_eh

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #287 on: 31 Aug 2011, 07:05 »

Robot chefs can be some fine comedy too:

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #288 on: 31 Aug 2011, 07:18 »

I wonder how he will handle this in print form. The robo-beat-down wills work with a static panel but the twitch needs the animation to work. Maybe the old cartoon convention of superposed images or motion lines will work.

i vote for a hologram  :-P

Unfortunately, this would most likely add to the cost of printing the book, which would then add to the final price of it. Which would then mean fewer copies of said book being sold. So a hologram would probably not be a good idea.

hmmm....good point. the only other thing i could think of would be one of those silly move-the-limb-on-a-rotating-tabby-device-thingamabob*.....which could be fun in a silly way but could also end up being incredibly hokey.

*what the hell are those things actually called?? I would google it, but i doubt my term of choice would give me any productive results lol

also- i love the new little sister-esque Momo. I think for Mari, this new chassis could make her take Momo a little more seriously. She's always had Marigold's best interest in mind but due to her size (and stinkin' cute outfits) it's been hard for Mari to really take what she says to heart. I think Mari could learn a lot about socializing and taking care of herself, plus they kind of have a cute roommate vibe now. Yes, she's essentially a computer, but lots of people learn things from computers  :-) Only difference is that Momo can figure out exactly what Mari needs and how to help her attain it rather than having Mari sit down and type all of her problems into a search engine.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Kwaping

• Pedals!
    • Kwaping!
« Reply #289 on: 31 Aug 2011, 09:01 »

Did anyone notice Momo's arm joints disappeared after she took ownership of the new body? Intentional or oversight?
No amount of gear will make up for a lack of skill - but I keep trying!

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #290 on: 31 Aug 2011, 09:48 »

It has  been noted - I know, the thread's gotten TL;DR.  They were barely there in 2000, when we first see the chassis, and disappeared completely right away.  This is a higher end chassis, though. 

But I think IRL Jeph's forgotten, or is hoping no one notices...

And jwhouk, the plural is  chassis.  It's like moose. 

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #291 on: 31 Aug 2011, 09:54 »

Pretty sure there aren't any arm joints in Momo's chassis in #2000. I don't see any.
Josie's on a vacation far away, come around and talk it over
so many things that I wanna say, you know I like my girls a little bit older
I just wanna use your love tonight--I don't wanna lose your love tonight

Jedit

« Reply #292 on: 31 Aug 2011, 09:59 »

Along with the sentient AI's, what about the teleporting cappucino maker?  Some grad student chick working in a coffee store can whip that up?  What are the implications of that tech?   :-P

None.  The cappuccino maker was in fact teleported to Alaska by a paintball-playing polar bear.
Warning - while you were typing 14 new replies have been posted. Empires have risen and fallen. New species have evolved, and they too have invented webcomics. You may wish to review your post.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #293 on: 31 Aug 2011, 10:21 »

Pretty sure there aren't any arm joints in Momo's chassis in #2000. I don't see any.

They're very faint, in the first three panels, at the elbows, wrists and finger joints. 

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #294 on: 31 Aug 2011, 10:25 »

And jwhouk, the plural is  chassis.  It's like moose. 

I was about to the plural of chassis. Glad to have the answer. So it's not like 'basis':-)

Re 'moose'. When in grad school my friends royally fooled me. They new that I was paying attention to politics, and at that time a high ranking US official named Meese (from CIA?) was involved in some kind of a scandal. Well, you can fill in the blanks.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

TheCollector

« Reply #295 on: 31 Aug 2011, 10:42 »

New Momo just got even cuter in that baggy shirt and pants. So cute!
And i agree with those in here that stated this is good for the character. It basically means for her she'll be involved in more comics now. Cause she's not just the little antropc girl who lives in Marigolds room and is sometimes with Pintsize. Now she can be used more often, going to CoD with Marigold maybe. Personally I'm really excited over what this change could mean for her screen time.

And y'know, I don't understand why Marigold has such low self esteem, if she was real I'd go out with her in a second.

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #296 on: 31 Aug 2011, 11:00 »

if she was real I'd go out with her in a second.

This, and if she liked girls, which she doesn't. *sigh*

I need to get a life...lol.
Josie's on a vacation far away, come around and talk it over
so many things that I wanna say, you know I like my girls a little bit older
I just wanna use your love tonight--I don't wanna lose your love tonight

SirDudley

• Hope's Bright (Night)Light
« Reply #297 on: 31 Aug 2011, 11:01 »

You know, Momo actually looks good in Hanners' clothes. I don't know what it is, but they just work for Momo. Although, I wish I could have seen Winslow's reaction to Momo 2.0, but I guess that will be a DVDvolume extra or something along those lines, like Marten's initial reaction.

And I do agree, now Momo does look a lot like a kid sister to Marigold. With pink hair. And the ability to electrocute people (maybe; unknown if that ability transferred). And has eel handling expertise.

Now, will Momo be acquiring hand-me-downs from Hannelore in the future or will there be a future set of strips revolving around clothing shopping hijinks? Only Jeph knows. And by "knows", I mean "will probably make it up on the fly eventually because he damn well can".

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Grr...
Disclaimer: Avatar image does not reflect user's true identity.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #298 on: 31 Aug 2011, 11:23 »

She needs an active guy who doesn't play games all day.
What about a guy with at least two jobs who games in his spare time?
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #299 on: 31 Aug 2011, 11:52 »

Jeph on Joints (from his Tumblr):

Quote from: Questioner
I noticed Momo’s new chassis has what appears to be a solid exo-skin. Every other model featured in the latest arc has articulating separate parts connected at the joint like an action figure. Is Momo’s chassis just a later model? Higher quality? And is it an actual flesh-like skin? Imagining that in real life gives me the Uncanny Valley jibblies.
Quote from: Jeph
It’s a seamless synthetic covering- it has some actual stretch and give to it, unlike the other chassis which are a semi-deformable plastic like Pintsize, hence their visible joints. It doesn’t have the same texture as skin, it’s just a flesh-toned synthetic.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up