THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 17:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tropico / From Dust  (Read 2136 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Tropico / From Dust
« on: 30 Aug 2011, 20:11 »

Hello everyone.  I am trying to get some input from the QC community to see what they think of the tropico games and from dust.  I was looking to buy one of these games but would like some input.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Re: Tropico / From Dust
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2011, 10:26 »

played the tropico 3 demo on xbox a while back, it was pretty neat. it was a demo so i didn't get super into it and i'm sure there's alot more to it, but it was enjoyable enough.

i also bought From Dust a week or two ago because i'd been looking forward to it for a while, but honestly it was pretty disappointing. it just "feels" weird and i had a hard time getting into it....then i got stuck on a level and Deus Ex came out so i haven't touched it since. i'd wait for it to be just slightly cheaper, but that's just me. also, i wouldn't get it on PC unless they fix all the things that everyone was complaining about (draconian DRM, bad mouse support, some other stuff i think...i dunno?) with that version
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2011, 13:49 »

I had a choice between From Dust and Bastion, I chose Bastion and I chose wisely.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2011, 15:08 »

bastion looks and sounds so awesome, i wish i had bought that instead of From Dust (too bad i didn't buy the shitty PC port, i could have gotten a refund)

definitely planning on picking up Bastion as soon as possible. i got lots of stuff to play at the moment though, so i'm gonna wait and see if it goes on sale as i'm sure it will soon
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2011, 05:55 »

I love Tropico 2 and quite like Tropico 3. There's just something about the games I really like. Not sure about the latest, mind you.

From Dust I found intriguing, but ultimately boring.
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up