THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 08:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

It's FRI-DAY! That means: What was the MOMENT... OF... THE WEEK?

Marten and I are going to go get a beer.
- 2 (3.1%)
W-we are? "We are."
- 5 (7.7%)
Tell Faye I loved her!
- 12 (18.5%)
I mean, not in a romantic way... YANK!
- 8 (12.3%)
So, uh, is this about Padma? "Yes."
- 0 (0%)
"I'm sorry, Elliot, but Weeping Hour is only on Thursdays."
- 3 (4.6%)
You've been into her all this time and never said anything?
- 0 (0%)
Been here for three years. Boss offered her a promotion if she stayed.
- 0 (0%)
...Are you taking NOTES?
- 8 (12.3%)
My life has been entirely devoid of pathos! This is primo material!
- 4 (6.2%)
I thought you were gonna kick my @$$.
- 0 (0%)
Big, unrealistic fantasy.
- 0 (0%)
DEFINITELY not gonna happen if you don't tell her.
- 0 (0%)
You think I have a chance?
- 0 (0%)
Faye gets informed about the hike
- 0 (0%)
I'm pretty sure he could take you in a fight.
- 1 (1.5%)
She's moving back to LA in a few weeks.
- 0 (0%)
You did it before, you better not do it again.
- 3 (4.6%)
Actually, I never would have met all you guys if I hadn't...
- 5 (7.7%)
Stop it you are frightening me
- 14 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2021-2025 (26-30 Sep 2011)  (Read 89729 times)

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
Re: WCDT: 2021-2025 (26-30 Sep 2011)
« Reply #100 on: 26 Sep 2011, 23:41 »

It bothers me that the whole Drunk Marten incident is such a polarizing issue. I honestly agree with Stoutflies that its possible Marten was speaking truthfully from some deep, insecure, extremely inhibited corner of his mind.

On the other hand, did he say he loved Faye? no.
He expressed his confusion that Faye would choose to make out with a jerk like Sven and a stalker like Angus* while NiceGuy Marten is dumped by Dora. These comments are coming from a place of insecurity, jealousy, and bewilderment. That isn't to say that Marten hasn't had these thoughts while sober, many people sink into these dark thoughts from time to time; we wonder why we "didn't get the girl; we did everything right, right?".

My personal conclusion: Marten does not romantically love Faye.

In strip 2021 the punchline is just that, a punchline. Marten can't ask them to tell Dora he loves her, too soon. Can't do Hanners, she'll freak out. Can't do Marigold, she might take it seriously. Can't do his mother, they don't know her. Faye is the best comedic choice, their past history just being icing on the cake.

also, I think Jeph likes throwing in these details just to see people on the forum go into a tailspin.

*I am deliberately portraying Marten in an extremely negative light. Is Marten this way all of the time? NO.
On the other hand, comic 1818 does make Marten seem like entitled douche of the year.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #101 on: 27 Sep 2011, 00:10 »

Momo must really be confused. Notice how she's almost hiding behind Padma.

If she thought Marten was in actual danger, she could drop Elliot in his tracks.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #102 on: 27 Sep 2011, 00:31 »

So it is Padma.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #103 on: 27 Sep 2011, 00:32 »

also, I think Jeph likes throwing in these details just to see people on the forum go into a tailspin.

I think that the last panel, at least, shows Jeph laying it on pretty thick to convey that the entire interaction, apart from portraying Marten's nervousness about what is about to happen, is being played up for comic effect.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

slydon

• Obscure cultural reference
  • La maladie des fesses
    • Unintentionally Pretentious
« Reply #104 on: 27 Sep 2011, 00:46 »

Poor Eliot... and (I'm guessing) he never told her how he felt.

Timmy

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #105 on: 27 Sep 2011, 00:46 »

This week's obvious outcome is obvious award goes to strip 2022 woooo

vsonics

• Plantmonster
« Reply #106 on: 27 Sep 2011, 00:50 »

Someone! Quickly bring out the fancy hats!

Gosh, I really just want to give Elliot a hug. What a guy. :(

Hopefully Marten will spur him into action and he will properly woo Padma before she leaves. And then they make beautifully clueless mini-giants together.

Edit: How do you think they picked Thursday as Weeping Hour day? I feel like a Tuesday or a Wednesday is much more depressing.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #107 on: 27 Sep 2011, 00:51 »

Elliot sits kind of… short on a barstool. Or else the guy really hunkers.

And I thought every night was weeping night in a bar. If you can't cry into your beer, where else can you?
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #108 on: 27 Sep 2011, 00:55 »

So much for my expectations of a twist in the tale.

I guess we will hear more of Elliot's tale tomorrow?

Hopefully Marten will spur him into action ...

That's not something I would have ever expected to read around here. :)
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

ihaveavoice

« Reply #109 on: 27 Sep 2011, 00:56 »

Gosh, I really just want to give Elliot a hug. What a guy. :(

Me, too! I love Marten's panic, but oh, bless Elliot's hulking heart! I feel so bad for him.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #110 on: 27 Sep 2011, 01:04 »

Well, well. Not really a huge surprise, but ... May be this will teach me not to read too much into tiny details? :-)
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

michael28

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #111 on: 27 Sep 2011, 01:06 »

A guy like that weeping is a very scary sight (you might get drowned) :(  Again, time for a talk between men with Marten helping someone get the woman he likes ^^.

My bet, Doras next bf/gf will have a simliar talk with him before she starts getting serious with Dora.
and a barkeeper like that should be punched... where is Faye when you need her?
The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"
- Sigmund Freud -

akronnick

« Reply #112 on: 27 Sep 2011, 01:18 »

Two possibilities. First, at work, faithfully zugging it to pay the man. And second, doing something that involves forcfully clutching Angus' ass.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Cornan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #113 on: 27 Sep 2011, 01:23 »

Oh wow. I want a bar here in town that has Weeping Hour. I would totally go to that.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #114 on: 27 Sep 2011, 01:52 »

Are you sure? Given that a Weeping Hour is the opposite of Happy Hour I would guess that the prices on the drinks go up during the Weeping Hour. After all, the weepers will scare away the regulars, and they still need to keep the cash flowing.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #115 on: 27 Sep 2011, 01:54 »

I also thought most pubs had weeping hour every night. It usually happens soon before last call around here.

Poor Elliot. Maximum ridiculousity is most needed.

Cornan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #116 on: 27 Sep 2011, 01:57 »

Are you sure? Given that a Weeping Hour is the opposite of Happy Hour I would guess that the prices on the drinks go up during the Weeping Hour. After all, the weepers will scare away the regulars, and they still need to keep the cash flowing.

Totally worth the increased prices for a good solid hour of socially acceptable weeping.

I wonder if they allow the rending of garments?

WAYF

• Beyoncé
« Reply #117 on: 27 Sep 2011, 02:03 »

I've just read the discussion on the last couple of pages about what Marten meant when he said "Tell Faye I love her".
Personally I think he was just being characteristically overdramatic. You know, like everyone except Raven has been at some point or another.

But these kinds of discussions ARE why I find this forum so entertaining, even though that comic got dragged up again.
So I just want to say how utterly hilarious I will find it if stoutfiles's theories are ever vindicated in the comic.

(although if you ask me, the saying should go more like "a drunk man's words are a sober man's 'Oh god... why would I say that?!'")

About the comic today: I guess we all should have known that Elliott had a soft centre... :D

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #118 on: 27 Sep 2011, 02:13 »

(although if you ask me, the saying should go more like "a drunk man's words are a sober man's 'Oh god... why would I say that?!'")
Why indeed? Basically, drunks suck.

Oh man... Elliot. Sack up please. Did Will (I think that is Will) have a crooked nose on his first appearance? Yes!
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #119 on: 27 Sep 2011, 02:15 »

To go from looking like he's about to snap and kill everybody, to weeping with his head in his hands in the next panel, that is quite a dramatic shift.

Also, there is an interesting detail in the lower left. Marten, with his "oh geez oh geez"ing, has knocked over his glass. I suspect we will be met tomorrow morning by a mingling of spilt beer and tears.

akronnick

« Reply #120 on: 27 Sep 2011, 02:18 »

Only if accompanied by the gnashing of teeth.

Sackcloth and ashes are also available if required to replace rent garments.
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2011, 02:24 by akronnick »

Cornan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #121 on: 27 Sep 2011, 02:42 »

Only if accompanied by the gnashing of teeth.

Sackcloth and ashes are also available if required to replace rent garments.

Man, now I REALLY want to go to this bar.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #122 on: 27 Sep 2011, 03:20 »

Especially when the next day Marten feels like he's said something stupid. Those owls are sneaky.

I do want to see where Elliot's going with this. If he's had a missed chance with Padma or just hasn't expressed his feelings. Maybe he'll chase her and to LA and it'll all work out.  :psyduck:

Wimblesaurus

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #123 on: 27 Sep 2011, 03:53 »

About the comic today: I guess we all should have known that Elliott had a soft centre... :D

Center?  He's all soft.  And presumably cuddly.

Jesus DeSaad

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #124 on: 27 Sep 2011, 04:15 »

A guy like that weeping is a very scary sight (you might get drowned) :(  Again, time for a talk between men with Marten helping someone get the woman he likes ^^.

Elliot is friend-zoned. Unfortunately there is no escape.

I know both their types, she's too stubborn to change her mind, and he's too timid to even try to suggest it.

Delator

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • In my own little world
« Reply #125 on: 27 Sep 2011, 04:19 »

Oh man... Elliot. Sack up please.

I was waiting for someone else to say it.

I've been there. Literally. A chick I was nuts over, but hadn't confessed my feelings to, moved halfway across the country. Saying goodbye was very hard.

Was it my fault things never had a chance to move forward? Yep...

...but you'd never catch me crying about it, especially in public.   :psyduck:
No, I will never settle on a particular avatar.

Throg

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • will accordion for food
« Reply #126 on: 27 Sep 2011, 04:21 »

Well I guess it's official then.

Aw, Eliot, man the f---  up. It's kinda embarrassing when a lug the size of Montana loses it like that.

But from Eliot's expressions in the first three panels -- it did look like a buildup to an explosion, not a breakdown.

SQUEEZE BOX

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #127 on: 27 Sep 2011, 04:23 »

Ah Elliot, Elliot, Elliot. Weeping in a bar next to a guy you barely know, instead of taking action to be with the girl you want. No wonder you had no chance with her. I second Akima's call to sack up already. Nobody else can do it for you and it's your LAST and ONLY chance to get with her.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #128 on: 27 Sep 2011, 04:26 »

As an odd question, could Elliot be pining for Hannelore? Ok, maybe a silly question...or maybe not *attempts search fu to find picture with weird smiling Hannelore and the guy she was smiling at* I can't seem to find it right now but perhaps that was Eliot. If so, maybe he was still pining for her and when he saw her in the secret bakery with Marten, and later realizing that she wasn't with Marten, wanted to try to talk to her but wasn't sure what to say without feeling awkward. He mentioned it once or twice and Padma kept reccomending Eliot talk to him, but due to Eliotts tendency to look creepy and the tendency of the rest of the staff to alienate Marten this was rather impractical. Padma set this up in part to give Eliot a chance to talk to MArten about it...

Wait, no, I'm stupid, that wouldn't cause Eliot to cry like that at the mention of Padma. Though it does make me wonder why Eliot was so damned...insistent on dragging Marten off.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

Dust

« Reply #129 on: 27 Sep 2011, 04:41 »

As an odd question, could Elliot be pining for Hannelore? Ok, maybe a silly question...or maybe not *attempts search fu to find picture with weird smiling Hannelore and the guy she was smiling at* I can't seem to find it right now but perhaps that was Eliot. If so, maybe he was still pining for her and when he saw her in the secret bakery with Marten, and later realizing that she wasn't with Marten, wanted to try to talk to her but wasn't sure what to say without feeling awkward. He mentioned it once or twice and Padma kept reccomending Eliot talk to him, but due to Eliotts tendency to look creepy and the tendency of the rest of the staff to alienate Marten this was rather impractical. Padma set this up in part to give Eliot a chance to talk to MArten about it...

Wait, no, I'm stupid, that wouldn't cause Eliot to cry like that at the mention of Padma. Though it does make me wonder why Eliot was so damned...insistent on dragging Marten off.

I had the same thought a while back, hair's a little different and I don't remember the guy being that big. Would mean they've freaked each other out across the time-line, after his Okapi comment.
*Found it http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1399

And Wil's become the kind of Barkeep who knows everyone's name.
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2011, 04:48 by Dust »

Jabberwocky

• Larger than most fish
  • Pony!
« Reply #130 on: 27 Sep 2011, 04:55 »

Defeat ridiculosity with maximum awkwardness.    :psyduck:

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #131 on: 27 Sep 2011, 05:35 »

Will knows Elliott's name because he's the bouncer at THR.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #132 on: 27 Sep 2011, 05:41 »

I have to agree, Wil seems to take a liking to working at the bar.  He hasnt really complained much (that we have seen) after working here this whole time.  I think the only time we did hear bellyaching from him was after his first day.

So Elliot has the hots for Padme (there's a news flash) and she is moving soon so he is torn up on how or if he could stop her from going because he loves her.  Wait havnt we seen this in the 80s and jokingly in the 90s and 00s?  Dude man up and tell her how you feel but chances are she's either oblivious of your feelings (which is par for the course for Padme) or she only likes you as a friend and that isnt enough to keep her from going home to take care of her granny.  Hook him up with raven or just get his mind off her so he can move on.  Elliot seems pretty sensitive and he's tall and handsome? He has it going on I suppose.  Throw on a leather jacket like Wil did and the smif girls will be pinning over him.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

dragontart

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #133 on: 27 Sep 2011, 05:57 »

This one was fun. Actually, most strips have been fun for me lately.
Also it reminded me that I really want a max.-ridiculosity-shirt but there's a darn ocean between me and that shirt. Any German readers who want something from that shop, too, and would like to pool money for the shipping costs? They're not astronomical, it just would be nice. -> message me.

Regarding drunk people, Marten and Faye, spoiler because it's actually not this weeks topic and nobody cares:
(click to show/hide)

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #134 on: 27 Sep 2011, 06:32 »

So... the one who ended up blubbering was Elliott. Not quite what I was expecting, but still hilarious! So we now know Elliott likes Padma. I hereby predict Man Talk where Marten plays the role of moral support, Elliott fesses up, Padma cluelessly thinks it's about something else, and hilarity ensues.

Or more blubbering. Whichever amuses the sadistic audience most.

I got into a massive argument with Akima over the whole Indian thing back when Padma first appeared, so I'll strive not to get into it again. For now, speaking from experience, I corroborate the difficulty of outsiders enjoying healthy relationships with members of these groups, as the constant tentacle to pull back those who try to deviate from the accepted can be too much to overcome.
It isn't easy to develop good relationships for anyone, in any circumstances, but cross-cultural relationships do add another layer of difficulty to overcome, I think. And in my observation, any "tentacle pull" :roll: is at least fully matched by the rejecting "push" from outside "these groups".

As one minority to another, it is highly possible your observations are at least slightly tainted by your desire for that to be true.

Aethir

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #135 on: 27 Sep 2011, 06:35 »

At risk of wading into a conversation without reading much more than the OP...
...and thus saying something that's been expounded to death already...
(it's late on this side of the big blue ball)

Maybe there's more to this unrequited love-story than meets the eye...
could Padma be Jim's ex-wife??

Maybe Elliot been harbouring feelings for her ever since the affair between he and Padma that split her and Jim up?
Or is that too soapy?

Or is he really in love with Marten, and is bummed to find he's straight?  :-o

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #136 on: 27 Sep 2011, 06:51 »

I seriously think Marten and Faye need to move.  There's still a weirdness between them that's just not healthy.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #137 on: 27 Sep 2011, 07:02 »

How do you know?

jdreyfuss

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.
« Reply #138 on: 27 Sep 2011, 07:13 »

As a pretty big guy myself (6'1", 210), I'd like to point out just how much more sad it is to see a big guy cry like that than anyone else.

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #139 on: 27 Sep 2011, 07:22 »

As a pretty big guy myself (6'1", 210), I'd like to point out just how much more sad it is to see a big guy cry like that than anyone else.

It is sad. :[

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #140 on: 27 Sep 2011, 07:22 »

Depends on the cryer.  

Some people manage to raise it to a morose art form...

Why yes, I do  have daughters...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #141 on: 27 Sep 2011, 07:22 »

I seriously think Marten and Faye need to move.  There's still a weirdness between them that's just not healthy.

That'll probably happen anyway if Faye's relationship with Angus progresses. If it goes well for long enough the subject of living together will come up, and Faye, mindful of Marten and Dora's experience (and possibly her own Southern conservative upbringing), will most likely either nix the idea completely, or either want to move in with Angus, or have Marten move out so Angus can move in. Either way, if Faye and Angus decide to live together, there's a good chance Marten won't be living with them.

Heck, Marten himself may decide he doesn't want to stick around, he may end up feeling too much like a third wheel. Which could lead to him getting a new roommate-Marigold...

Depends on the cryer. 

Some people manage to raise it to a morose art form...

Why yes, I do  have daughters...

Ever wanted to give one of them an award for Best Crying Jag?  8-)
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

grimeyville

• Plantmonster
« Reply #142 on: 27 Sep 2011, 07:40 »

Heck, Marten himself may decide he doesn't want to stick around, he may end up feeling too much like a third wheel. Which could lead to him getting a new roommate-Marigold...

Can I just say what an interesting read that would be?
"Who Dares, Wins."

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #143 on: 27 Sep 2011, 08:45 »

Oh man I totally thought that Elliot was going to punch Marten in the face after seeing his expression in panel 3. Scary!  :-o

ink slinger

« Reply #144 on: 27 Sep 2011, 08:50 »

All I know is that in this situation, I wouldn't say "tell X I love him/her," no matter how close we were, unless there were something between us.  The fact that it's the first thing to come to his mind, and he doesn't seem to realize until after just what he's said, is a big red flag.

Possibly "tell her I love her but she needs to cut out the coke."

It could also be that it was a joke. Comics need punchlines, after all.

Miakaru

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #145 on: 27 Sep 2011, 09:36 »

Does anyone else fell that since the "Bros" shirt has been at the bottom of the page that's it's been like an extra panel to every comic? And Works especially well with this one?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #146 on: 27 Sep 2011, 09:44 »

There's reason to believe Padma is not Jim's ex. Jeph was asked whether Sam was Padma's daughter and he said no.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #147 on: 27 Sep 2011, 10:02 »

Elliot sits kind of… short on a barstool. Or else the guy really hunkers.

Perhaps they have a special short barstool for him so he doesn't loom over the rest of the customers.

Faye and Marten's living arrangements changing?  A pretty obvious way to go, and it has been a while since the last really major change in the status quo, Marten and Dora breaking up.  On the other hand such a plotline would be a little too much like the breakup plotline, since the reactions would be a lot the same.  Especially from Marigold, who might react almost as if she and Angus were a couple, and he's dumping her for another woman.
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2011, 10:08 by SomeCanadianWeirdo »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #148 on: 27 Sep 2011, 10:05 »

So... the one who ended up blubbering was Elliott. Not quite what I was expecting, but still hilarious! So we now know Elliott likes Padma. I hereby predict Man Talk where Marten plays the role of moral support, Elliott fesses up, Padma cluelessly thinks it's about something else, and hilarity ensues.

Or more blubbering. Whichever amuses the sadistic audience most.

I got into a massive argument with Akima over the whole Indian thing back when Padma first appeared, so I'll strive not to get into it again. For now, speaking from experience, I corroborate the difficulty of outsiders enjoying healthy relationships with members of these groups, as the constant tentacle to pull back those who try to deviate from the accepted can be too much to overcome.
It isn't easy to develop good relationships for anyone, in any circumstances, but cross-cultural relationships do add another layer of difficulty to overcome, I think. And in my observation, any "tentacle pull" :roll: is at least fully matched by the rejecting "push" from outside "these groups".

As one minority to another, it is highly possible your observations are at least slightly tainted by your desire for that to be true.
as the majority I feel like I don't see it, but it could be some sort of intricate  use of smoke and mirrors from my peers.  :roll: regardless on how I feel, I do think some minorities celebrate their minority-ness that they separate themselves from the community they are apart of.  But thats a topic entirely on its own and not deserving of the comic we are currently tying down this comic and beating the living crap out of it until it answers us instead of being like a Jane Goodall and analyzing it.  Perhaps we are over analyzing, like less Jane Goodall and more Christopher Columbus (see Caribs and Arawak) who overgeneralized the people they were studying.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #149 on: 27 Sep 2011, 10:13 »

For comic #2022...

1. Art-wise, Elliot's darkening expression in panel #3 was really good.  Had I not expected the blubbering of panel #4, I would have thought he was going to hold Marten up & off the floor by the scruff of his neck.

2. Is that a " :-P " on Elliot's glass?  Albeit with "X_X" for eyes.  Must be either be some potent stuff, or awful rotgut.

3. As for men crying...

- Men don't cry!  Men don't blubber! We stand strong! Resolute! Uncaring to anything that may-

- *pat pat pat* Daddy, I brought you a drawing I made of you and me from the time we saved those baby bunnies <3 .

- .... baaaa huh huh huhhh...waaah huh huh uhhh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up