THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 14:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

It's FRI-DAY! That means: What was the MOMENT... OF... THE WEEK?

Marten and I are going to go get a beer.
- 2 (3.1%)
W-we are? "We are."
- 5 (7.7%)
Tell Faye I loved her!
- 12 (18.5%)
I mean, not in a romantic way... YANK!
- 8 (12.3%)
So, uh, is this about Padma? "Yes."
- 0 (0%)
"I'm sorry, Elliot, but Weeping Hour is only on Thursdays."
- 3 (4.6%)
You've been into her all this time and never said anything?
- 0 (0%)
Been here for three years. Boss offered her a promotion if she stayed.
- 0 (0%)
...Are you taking NOTES?
- 8 (12.3%)
My life has been entirely devoid of pathos! This is primo material!
- 4 (6.2%)
I thought you were gonna kick my @$$.
- 0 (0%)
Big, unrealistic fantasy.
- 0 (0%)
DEFINITELY not gonna happen if you don't tell her.
- 0 (0%)
You think I have a chance?
- 0 (0%)
Faye gets informed about the hike
- 0 (0%)
I'm pretty sure he could take you in a fight.
- 1 (1.5%)
She's moving back to LA in a few weeks.
- 0 (0%)
You did it before, you better not do it again.
- 3 (4.6%)
Actually, I never would have met all you guys if I hadn't...
- 5 (7.7%)
Stop it you are frightening me
- 14 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2021-2025 (26-30 Sep 2011)  (Read 89751 times)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
Re: WCDT: 2021-2025 (26-30 Sep 2011)
« Reply #200 on: 28 Sep 2011, 07:46 »

One thing about Padma's 'cluelessness' / wilful obliviousness / subtle chain-yanking: in the comic where Marten was being dragged off panel by a grumpy Eliot, she actually did look worried. She knew something was going down.
Nope. Even ignoring the fact the whole strip was more played for laughs than anything else, Padma looks rather like puzzled, then like worried.

If Padma or Momo would actually have believed Marten would be in any danger, both could have done something about it. They dont, so thats a clear sign they either dont get why Marten is so worried or they dont believe he's in danger.
Carpe Diem

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #201 on: 28 Sep 2011, 09:22 »

Elliot's an idiot, and Marten's dead wrong.

Elliot's an idiot because if he should realize by now that most women aren't going to make the first move, and that, even that notwithstanding, there's a difference between "interested enough to make a move" and "interested enough to consider it."

Marten's wrong because telling her now is just going to be an awkward guilt trip no one needs.  He'll have regrets either way, and doesn't need to plant that spectre in her head as well.  He should have told her two years ago, but the time for honesty is over.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #202 on: 28 Sep 2011, 09:33 »

Penelope once described Wil as "dangerously naive."  This is a good example.  Doing something like that in a bar is a good way for someone to "Give him the broken face!"  Drunk people in an emotional crisis tend to have less control over their behaviour than non-drunk people in the same situation.  Fortunately Elliot, despite his appearance, seems closer to Hannelore in his temperment.  Which is of course half his problem here.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #203 on: 28 Sep 2011, 09:47 »

Marten's wrong because telling her now is just going to be an awkward guilt trip no one needs.  He'll have regrets either way, and doesn't need to plant that spectre in her head as well.  He should have told her two years ago, but the time for honesty is over.

I'm with Near Lurker, and Elliot himself, here. Telling Padma will do no good to anyone, and is more likely to piss her off than cause her to fall into his arms; "You're telling me this NOW?? When I'm leaving??? You IDIOT!!!". Or even worse, she'll think his admitting his feelings is a desperate but cute final attempt to get her to stay, and actually LAUGH. Not necessarily at Elliot per se, but what she perceives as his ploy to persuade her to stay. Elliot of course, will be devastated by her thinking his pouring his feelings out to her is humorous.

Nope, no good will come of Elliot speaking up now. He'll just have to suck it up, let her go, and hopefully learn the life lesson to not wait so damn long to make a move on a woman he finds attractive.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #204 on: 28 Sep 2011, 10:22 »

Elliot sits kind of… short on a barstool. Or else the guy really hunkers.

Perhaps they have a special short barstool for him so he doesn't loom over the rest of the customers.
Weeping hour, fancy clothes provided, and now this. They think of everything in that bar, don't they? I wonder who their know-it-all is, and where he (or she) sits?

It is just as well that Elliot is not like a certain other bowler-hatted young man, or he might relieve his feelings with a horrorshow spot of ultra-violence.
I thought Alex was cured…

… of wearing bowler hats. Been a long time since last I saw that movie, though. Maybe not.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #205 on: 28 Sep 2011, 10:49 »

I am utterly bemused by the fact that I don't find the comic Jeph linked at the bottom funny at all, which means that I don't have the same sense of humour as Jeph, yet I find QC amusing. What's wrong with me?
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #206 on: 28 Sep 2011, 10:51 »

Ah yes, the QC forums. Where one week you can be talking about 2001: A Space Odyssey and the next about A Clockwork Orange.

Tune in next week when we discuss Platoon and Driving Miss Daisy.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #207 on: 28 Sep 2011, 11:22 »

I thought Alex was cured…

He was cured, all right.

8-)
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

stoutfiles

• BANNED
  • Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #208 on: 28 Sep 2011, 11:37 »

Nope, no good will come of Elliot speaking up now. He'll just have to suck it up, let her go, and hopefully learn the life lesson to not wait so damn long to make a move on a woman he finds attractive.

Are we assuming that Padma wasn't in a serious relationship, then when it ended she said "in three months I'm moving to L.A. because I'd like to do something different now".  Maybe Elliot never got a chance to do anything, she was with someone and then before you know it she was planning on leaving.

Marten's willingness to help shows that, once again, he has no real feelings for Padma, nothing like Elliot.  
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2011, 12:19 by stoutfiles »

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #209 on: 28 Sep 2011, 11:47 »

Ah yes, the QC forums. Where one week you can be talking about 2001: A Space Odyssey and the next about A Clockwork Orange.

It's Kubrick all the way down...

Marten's willingness to help shows that, once again, he has no real feelings for Padma, nothing like Eliott. 

Oooh!  I actually agree with that... Marten may have considered her a possibility, but hadn't gotten nearly to the point Elliot's at. 

Then again, Elliot's love seems to be unilateral...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Moonsaves

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #210 on: 28 Sep 2011, 12:16 »

Fortunately Elliot, despite his appearance, seems closer to Hannelore in his temperment.  Which is of course half his problem here.

[removed by moderator -- forum rules]
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2011, 16:33 by Is it cold in here? »

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #211 on: 28 Sep 2011, 12:24 »

Honestly, I think I agree with Elliott to an extent. You can usually tell if someone likes you in that way, unless you're fairly thick. If you haven't gotten a hint by now, it ain't happening. You're so deep in the friendzone that the infinite time dilation of the event horizon of a black hole is easier to escape from.

For now, speaking from experience, I corroborate the difficulty of outsiders enjoying healthy relationships with members of these groups, as the constant tentacle to pull back those who try to deviate from the accepted can be too much to overcome.
If a potential boyfriend from outside my ancestral culture used the generally perjorative (unless you're talking about a squid or something) word "tentacle" to describe its influence over me, I would certainly regard him as rejecting rather than accepting it. As I said, the "push away" is at least as strong as the "pull in".

Edit: I was unnecessarily confrontational in tone. Fixed.

It'd be troubling if you suddenly were not confrontational. I'd probably take it as a sign of the coming of the body snatchers.

RE perjorative: If your automatic reaction to a choice of words is to put it through a filter about whether or not it's "offensive" rather than "descriptive" or "evocative," you really need to turn off the Politically Correct Decision Matrix.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #212 on: 28 Sep 2011, 12:24 »

Fortunately Elliot, despite his appearance, seems closer to Hannelore in his temperament.  Which is of course half his problem here.

Sir, that may actually be the best possible ship that could come of this. Why didn't I [removed by moderator -- forum rules]?

...because you want to stay on the forums?
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2011, 16:43 by Is it cold in here? »
Just another Joe like 46

Throg

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • will accordion for food
« Reply #213 on: 28 Sep 2011, 12:51 »

It's Kubrick all the way down...

Then I'd hate to see when it gets to The Shining and Eyes Wide Shut.
SQUEEZE BOX

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #214 on: 28 Sep 2011, 13:00 »

How about Barry Lyndon? Lolita? (That'd get some of the creepier shippers going) Dr. Strangelove?
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #215 on: 28 Sep 2011, 13:55 »

Dr. Strangelove?[/i]
I'm surprised nobody brought it up when Clinton's hand was a plot point.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #216 on: 28 Sep 2011, 14:10 »

Are we assuming that Padma wasn't in a serious relationship, then when it ended she said "in three months I'm moving to L.A. because I'd like to do something different now".  Maybe Elliot never got a chance to do anything, she was with someone and then before you know it she was planning on leaving

I think Elliot would have mentioned padma being with someone if that had been a factor. Instead, he mentions them working together as an issue. Never mind that he could have just found himself another job, but no, he let's that be the stumbling block. The obvious one anyway...

Nope, he was just too chicken to say anything and now he has to pay the price of his fear of rejection, namely getting rejected anyway...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #217 on: 28 Sep 2011, 14:40 »

Of course, it would be funny to discover that part of the reason Padma is leaving for LA is because she has an arranged marriage waiting for her...

...Naaaahh. That'd be too Bollywood for Jeph.
Just another Joe like 46

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #218 on: 28 Sep 2011, 14:48 »

...or that she felt that she wasn't connecting to people in MA and couldn't find anyone to date

Neuroses of the Majii?

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #219 on: 28 Sep 2011, 14:54 »

Of course, it would be funny to discover that part of the reason Padma is leaving for LA is because she has an arranged marriage waiting for her...

...Naaaahh. That'd be too Bollywood for Jeph.

But "Spontaneous Bollywood Interlude!" would be quite amusing. :-D

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #220 on: 28 Sep 2011, 14:57 »

Marten's willingness to help shows that, once again, he has no real feelings for Padma, nothing like Eliott. 

Oooh!  I actually agree with that... Marten may have considered her a possibility, but hadn't gotten nearly to the point Elliot's at. 

Well, come on, they've practically only just met. Was there really anyone who believed otherwise? Marten is hardly the type to be moved to passionate love at first sight.

Edit: I'll second the vote for the spontaneous Bollywood interlude! Wooo!
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #221 on: 28 Sep 2011, 15:04 »

While it would be interesting, I fear drawing a spontaneous Bollywood interlude would put Jeph's hand out of action for a week. Those costumes (at least those I've seen) are intricate, man.

The one thing about metal is you can get away with a lot of black outfits. Which he did. http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=666
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #222 on: 28 Sep 2011, 15:21 »

Dr. Strangelove?[/i]
I'm surprised nobody brought it up when Clinton's hand was a plot point.
We might have been distracted by Faye's "Addams Family" movie reference in the midst of her Faye-rage.
Or were you thinking, perhaps: "You can't fight in here! This is the War Doo -- er, room!"
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #223 on: 28 Sep 2011, 15:52 »

Elliott will brobably wind up crying in his Beer.

Well, surprisingly I did call it.

Yep you did; although honestly, your use of the word* "brobably" makes me want to cry in my beer myself. Ugh.

I'm disappointed that you were right, only because it caused me to have to look at that post again.

* "word" in a very loose sense

Hey, you gotta feed the Typo Monster occasionally or it eats all your fingers off!!

Hmmmmm. i wonder if Elliott will end up following Padma to California?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #224 on: 28 Sep 2011, 16:00 »

Methinks that if he chose to do that, Marten would dissuade him in short order.
Just another Joe like 46

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #225 on: 28 Sep 2011, 16:06 »

Methinks that if he chose to do that, Marten would dissuade him in short order.

Well, he might try anyway... :)
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #226 on: 28 Sep 2011, 16:45 »

I'm still not sure it's a bad idea.  It won't work out with Padma, but maybe a change of scenery will be good for Elliot.  It worked for Marten, arguably.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #227 on: 28 Sep 2011, 16:47 »

Or did it? I mean, yeah, he's got a good friend in Faye, but his relationship with Dora went down in flames (pardon the pun) and now he's oh-fer with Padma.
Just another Joe like 46

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #228 on: 28 Sep 2011, 16:53 »

Or did it? I mean, yeah, he's got a good friend in Faye, but his relationship with Dora went down in flames (pardon the pun) and now he's oh-fer with Padma.

I don't think he'd regret his time with Dora.

I'm also not at all convinced by all the argument here disagreeing with Marten's suggestion to talk to her. Why do you think that no good could come of it? You don't overcome your fear of falling off the bike by sitting at home.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #229 on: 28 Sep 2011, 16:58 »

Equally, though, you don't overcome your fear of falling of the bike by trying to jump on it as it's about to board a plane to the other side of the country.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #230 on: 28 Sep 2011, 17:34 »

It'd be troubling if you suddenly were not confrontational.
Why thank you!

If your automatic reaction to a choice of words is to put it through a filter about whether or not it's "offensive" rather than "descriptive" or "evocative," you really need to turn off the Politically Correct Decision Matrix.
My reaction to writers' choices of words is: "what meaning, emotional tone etc. did they intend to convey?". My reaction to "tentacle" when used as a metaphor for influence is: "this writer regards the influence as malign". The dictionaries I consulted to check my initial reaction back me up on this. Every one, in supplying examples of this kind of use of "tentacle", offered such usages as "the tentacles of organized crime", "the tentacles of corruption", etc. The Oxford American goes so far as to give: "An insidious* spread of influence and control: the Party's tentacles reached into every nook and cranny of people's lives." People are entitled to their opinions, and entitled to express them, but also wholly responsible for what they say, and how they say it. Playing the "political correctness" card is a cop-out.

*My emphasis.

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #231 on: 28 Sep 2011, 17:38 »

Equally, though, you don't overcome your fear of falling of the bike by trying to jump on it as it's about to board a plane to the other side of the country.

Interesting mixed metaphor. :)

I don't think he's going to break his neck or anything like that. Maybe her reaction will be "oh, sorry, I don't feel that way" and that will at least bring some closure. And maybe he won't be so scared to talk a bit earlier next time. On the other hand, he might be surprised by her reaction. Discovering that she's fond of him after all could lead to a variety of scenarios, but I see all of them as being an improvement over sitting and crying in your beer.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #232 on: 28 Sep 2011, 18:41 »

Martenmom pointed out that he's "built a nice little life" in MA surrounded by people who care about him: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1836. He had said, if memory serves, that there wasn't much holding him in California.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #233 on: 28 Sep 2011, 18:49 »

Dude, did Elliot really expect her to puts the moves on him first?
If she was ever into him in the first place she def stopped being into his pansy ass when he sat back and waited for her to read his mind.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #234 on: 28 Sep 2011, 19:58 »

If Elliot can sing he should be in the band?

edit: gasp! what about Sven? He rights songs perhaps he could sing?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #235 on: 28 Sep 2011, 20:28 »

If she was ever into him in the first place she def stopped being into his pansy ass when he sat back and waited for her to read his mind.

I think he was just being too timid.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #236 on: 28 Sep 2011, 21:11 »

Which is generally a major stumbling block for guys in the dating arena, since, as mentioned before, women rarely make the first move (or perhaps I should say the first overt move). Not unless the guy is really handsome, rich, famous (preferably all three), or she's really into him.

Most guys don't have any of that in their favor (Elliot obviously didn't), so it's up to them to make the overt moves.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #237 on: 28 Sep 2011, 22:29 »

Elliott really should speak to Padma about how he feels.

Even if it doesn't change her mind or if she doesn't reciprocate before she leaves, at least he'd know rather than spend the next six months of strips moping about the fact that .....

.... Oh wait - this is QC!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #238 on: 28 Sep 2011, 22:47 »

Is this meta-moping?  :-D

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #239 on: 28 Sep 2011, 23:10 »

Sven in the band would be compatible with the Principle of Maximum Awkwardness.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #240 on: 28 Sep 2011, 23:27 »

Elliot's an idiot because if he should realize by now that most women aren't going to make the first move, [...]
Uh-hu. Also, Padma is exactly the type of woman who would.

Marten's willingness to help shows that, once again, he has no real feelings for Padma, nothing like Elliot.  
He has been interested in Padma for HOW long ?

Honestly, I think I agree with Elliott to an extent. You can usually tell if someone likes you in that way, unless you're fairly thick. [...]
Gaaaa. We talk about PADMA here !

Also, no you're wrong. Many people can hide their interest in others VERY well. I know of examples in my environment where the target wasn noticing the interest of the admirer for years. And the target wasnt stupid or anything.
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2011, 23:39 by snubnose »
Carpe Diem

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #241 on: 28 Sep 2011, 23:54 »

Maybe I'm apathetic or something, but I don't really care about this string of the story at all for some reason. It feels forced.

Why would anyone give up a stable job with good income (not to mention options to advance) and a healthy circle of friends indefinitely just for family and taking care of grandma? This smells fishy and I sense there is more to it than has been let on.
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #242 on: 29 Sep 2011, 00:24 »

Why would anyone give up a stable job with good income (not to mention options to advance) and a healthy circle of friends indefinitely just for family and taking care of grandma?

Are you joking? I can never tell anymore.

Family is the number one priority for many people. She's only got one. Whereas I'm sure the place she's going to also has stable jobs with good income and new potential circles of friends.

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier
« Reply #243 on: 29 Sep 2011, 00:29 »

We're talking about a comic where Dora went for Marten here.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #244 on: 29 Sep 2011, 00:46 »

Dora was really into Marten though (see my caveats for women making the first move in my post above). He did have that going for him. Padma had shown no signs of similar interest, none that Elliot picked up at any rate, and I think, like Snubnose, that if she were interested she would have let him know definitively.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #245 on: 29 Sep 2011, 00:50 »

Also, Dora knew all about the situation between Marten and Faye, and the fact that while Marten was not likely to make any moves any time soon, things could have changed over time.

Dora had to grab while the grabbin' was good.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #246 on: 29 Sep 2011, 01:26 »

I wonder how Momo feels, watching all this and knowing how much her social protocol database could help. The SPDB probably says not to volunteer advice. She waited until Angus was wondering out loud what to do before she offered a suggestion, and that was for someone she knew relatively well.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Cornan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #247 on: 29 Sep 2011, 01:30 »

Neuroses of the Majii?

I want to write a story now where I can steal this for a title. There's some kind of great story in there somewhere.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #248 on: 29 Sep 2011, 01:48 »

Whereas I'm sure the place she's going to also has stable jobs with good income and new potential circles of friends.

The Porn industry isn't exactly booming right now.......

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #249 on: 29 Sep 2011, 02:18 »

Family is the number one priority for many people.
Quite so. Some of us would feel profoundly shamed if we didn't look after Granny within the family for any but the most serious medical reasons.

Marten is kind of kicking Elliot when he's down in the last panel, isn't he?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up