THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 10:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Designer clothes, exclusive deals site sharing thread  (Read 2247 times)

Ben yayayayayayayay

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • You are so handsome. You are my friend.
If you fight fire with fire, you will just make a bigger fire. Yes.
But if you fight fire with crystals, and ice bulbs, you will put the fire out and the crystals will turn to diamonds!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: Designer clothes, exclusive deals site sharing thread
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2011, 08:30 »

So is this spam, yes or no?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2011, 08:35 »

Ben is not unknown around here, and pops up at irregular intervals.  Because he hasn't been here since May, he's unaware that the people he knows have moved elsewhere (until he reads my PM).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2011, 09:21 »

A list of copy-paste webshop urls always sets off some alarm bells, so I was thinking of a compromised account. But if one referral id is knazickben then I guess it's all good!

It may just be me, because I buy all my clothes the old-fashioned non-digital way, but I've never seen an online shop before where you had to sign up before being allowed to look at anything. Is that a new thing?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2011, 10:47 »

I've heard of it, but only on here to be honest. I think it's a bit of an advertising scam really - the company makes you feel like you're part of a super-exclusive club, so they can put the prices up (but never having actually used one, I don't know for sure).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Ben yayayayayayayay

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • You are so handsome. You are my friend.
« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2011, 12:02 »

the fuck

thanks for the PM, hodges. duly noted

and yes, LTK, it was sperm all along

you've all clicked my sperm
If you fight fire with fire, you will just make a bigger fire. Yes.
But if you fight fire with crystals, and ice bulbs, you will put the fire out and the crystals will turn to diamonds!

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2011, 12:11 »

I subscribe to all of those and to Ideeli.  Considering I check the designers that they're selling regularly anyway, I know what is and isn't a good deal, but mostly, it actually IS a bargain.  For me, the only risk really is that I'm kind of a shopaholic, so getting the emails every day is a little too enticing.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #7 on: 24 Oct 2011, 12:49 »

I'm alarmed by spambots that are sufficiently sophisticated to sound like people.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2011, 12:56 »

It's actually quite easy to tell the difference with experience; but as running a spam blocker has been a significant part of my day job since spam took off, I have that in spades.  Teaching other people to tell is harder, I find.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #9 on: 24 Oct 2011, 13:25 »

It's the "I know it when I see it" conundrum. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up