THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The most exciting and wonderful survey you will ever see!  (Read 3139 times)

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Well, certainly it's a survey.

I have to conduct a survey to find out what people think the role of a midwife is.

This is for a distance-learning course I'm completing in order to get into university so it's quite important!

Please can anyone from the UK or who has lived in the UK fill in the survey? It is very short and doesn't collect any identifying details so I won't be able to tell who you are!

It is limited to people with experience of the UK because the situation is radically different in other countries, most notably in the US. Sorry to anyone who hasn't lived here!

Here is the survey. It is super-exciting, I promise.

And if you're intrigued to find out which of the multiple-choice answers are correct, send me a PM (after you've taken the survey!) and I'll tell you :-)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Well I've lived in the UK for a year and a bit, do I count?
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Kris, I would say so, yes - basically I'm being quite flexible about it but on a one-week holiday to London, for example, you're highly unlikely to discuss pregnancy, birth and midwifery in the UK so you probably don't know anything about it. People who have lived here a while will have at least a fuzzy sense of what happens, I'm assuming.

It's not a scientific study or anything like that, and I'm certain I'll have made all kinds of research errors. Oh well!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

valley_parade

• coprophage

I watch Doctor Who and soccer and Top Gear and drink a lot of tea, does that count?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

NO. 

It's a matter of cultural attitudes towards midwives, I'm sure.  And the US's will be different than the UK's. 

I on the other hand lived in Canada for a few years as a youth.  While that may  count, I think I'll let it slide and try not to skew the data! 

After all, we all want Barmymoo to succeed...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Attitudes towards midwives certainly are different in the US, considering that it is illegal to hire a midwife who is not a qualified nurse in 23 states. It is illegal to be a direct-entry (as in, not a nurse first) midwife in twelve. Staggering.

valley_parade

• coprophage

..USA, USA.  :psyduck:
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

schimmy

• The Tickler

Doing that made me feel really ignorant. I realised pretty much all my knowledge comes from listening to a program on the radio rather a long time ago, and that was rather a long time ago, and I only vaguely remember a few of the things discussed in it.

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale

A part of me is upset that I don't get to participate in "the most exciting and wonderful survey will ever see"  :-(
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Tell you what, you can participate but don't press send! Then you don't skew my results and you get to take part. EVERYONE WINS.

Carl-E

• Awakened
Re: The most exciting and wonderful survey you will ever see!
« Reply #10 on: 20 Oct 2011, 07:08 »

That's ... absolutely BRILLIANT!

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #11 on: 20 Oct 2011, 12:49 »

Any chance you can post the answers up somewhere (obviously where nobody will see them if they've not done it yet) or PM them to me? I'm interested to know just how wrong I am.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #12 on: 20 Oct 2011, 17:30 »

I watch Doctor Who and soccer and Top Gear and drink a lot of tea, does that count?

And dark beer! ftfy
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2011, 09:25 »

And warm dark beer! ftfy

FYP
Pages: [1]   Go Up