MARTY. DANCEY. NOW.
- 1 (0.9%)
I'll have one of whatever he was...
- 0 (0%)
SAVE YOURSELF!
- 0 (0%)
Make it two.
- 2 (1.7%)
That's it, lil' bird. Spread your wings and fly!
- 2 (1.7%)
...Straight into a jet engine.
- 2 (1.7%)
Dual Conversations!
- 1 (0.9%)
Magnets or double-sided tape?
- 3 (2.6%)
"I always just REACT to things, you know?"
- 1 (0.9%)
The "does this dress make me look fat" thing
- 2 (1.7%)
DJ Tai Fighter does good!
- 0 (0%)
Secret Wine!
- 1 (0.9%)
Keep you up all night with his mischief.
- 2 (1.7%)
Hanners Muzzles Faye!
- 10 (8.5%)
YELLING!
- 14 (12%)
Band Talk.
- 0 (0%)
Oh, who are we kidding? TEH KISSES!!!!!!!!!11!!!
- 76 (65%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2051-2055; Nov. 7-11, 2011  (Read 109864 times)

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
Re: WCDT 2051-2055; Nov. 7-11, 2011
« Reply #100 on: 07 Nov 2011, 23:44 »

Seriously, does anyone really not know how to dance?

Unfortunately, I am in that pridicament.  I'm slightly tone deaf[1] and I do find it hard to pick up a beat.  I'm easily embarrassed when it comes to dancing (but I enjoy singing and do karaoke sober).

But yes, you should not laugh in your dance partner's face, no matter how lame their performance.

That's true but most people laugh when they shouldn't.  I'll see how they interact over the next few days before making a judgement.

[1] I've been a test subject in an experiment on tone deafness (or, to use the official name, "tonal amusia").  I'm one of the few people who test as tone deaf who enjoy music (that's probably because it's only mild for me).
Francisco

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #101 on: 07 Nov 2011, 23:45 »

Rumple Minze.  Clear, sweet, hundred proof, and just enough capsaicin to send it straight to your head without actually slowing you down
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #102 on: 08 Nov 2011, 00:16 »

Seriously, does anyone really not know how to dance? OK, Marten might not be super-good, but he is a musician, so he must have a sense of rhythm. It's not like he has to learn the minuet or something to dance with Padma. Come on...

But yes, you should not laugh in your dance partner's face, no matter how lame their performance.

I'm a musician, I can't dance, and my wife laughed at me when I'd been forced into it in public.  Just the same situation, except that we were already going out.

It didn't damage our relationship.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #103 on: 08 Nov 2011, 00:20 »

[1] I've been a test subject in an experiment on tone deafness (or, to use the official name, "tonal amusia").  I'm one of the few people who test as tone deaf who enjoy music (that's probably because it's only mild for me).

Interesting.  How are they defining tone deafness?  I would describe both my late mother and my wife as tone deaf to different degrees, but they both enjoy(ed) music.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #104 on: 08 Nov 2011, 00:37 »

Interesting.  How are they defining tone deafness?  I would describe both my late mother and my wife as tone deaf to different degrees, but they both enjoy(ed) music.

The way they define it is something to the effect of: an inability to tell the difference betwen the pitch of two notes in a situation where an average person would be able to perceive the difference.

The screening test is to play you a set of notes (sometimes only 2 notes, sometimes a lot more) and they ask questions like:

Are the sets of tones the same or different?
Is the pitch rising or falling?
etc

If you perform worse than an average person (especially if your performance improves with a greater difference) then you are probably tone deaf.[1]

Once you had been classified then they do a lot more in the way of testing to see just how different your perception of music is.  The tests are similar but with a lot more variation (e.g. one of the tests tests the subject's ability to detect "key violoations" (i.e. a note that doesn't belong in the key the melody is in).

[1] I was at the mild end of the spectrum (and my border is around a quarter-tone or semi-tone apart).  I think the most extreme test subject couldn't tell the difference between two notes 5 octaves apart.
Francisco

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #105 on: 08 Nov 2011, 00:45 »

Thank you, you have no idea what you've tapped into.  

When that video came out, my future wife and I were involved with the SCA, and did a ren faire north of Indianapolis.  The consensus among our friends was that she looked exactly like the girl in that video.  A friend even taped it (on his betamax) and we paused it - yup, the hair, the smile/maniacal grin, the outfit - a perfect match!  

Anyway, on midsummer's day we had a Morris dancing troupe at the ren faire, and during the grand processional she gave a grin, jerked he arms into an S and started singing, "We can dance if we want to..." and our whole group joined in, including the Morris dancers.  The hired actors weren't too pleased, neither were the people who ran the thing, but the populace enjoyed it!  

And no, I never looked like the guy with the hair and leather vest.  

Or the midget.  

But where you wearing a hat?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

gangler

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #106 on: 08 Nov 2011, 00:47 »

Aw man. Poor Marten. He doesn't deserve that. Nobody deserves that, but Marten doesn't exactly have the surplus of self-esteem required to just shrug something like this off.

I actually thought no one did. My track record for fooling others into believing I know what I'm doing certainly speaks of a poor overall ratio of people who actually do know what they're doing. Bullshit is effective, but generally actual knowledge will cut through it with a level of ease that would be hyperbolic in most contexts. I'm pretty sure dancing as such is a myth within modern day North America, and what we're really doing is just a manifestation of the larger craft of showmanship.

I mean really, when one can consistently pass off mimicry for self-expression something's gotta be up.

Dust

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #107 on: 08 Nov 2011, 01:10 »

I can memorise stuff with steps, but my club experiences most likely looked like Marten.

(Faye's bubbles are back too, maybe I was right on Page 2.)

KingofHearts

• Not quite a lurker
  • Calling His Attack
    • Superheroeskickingass
« Reply #108 on: 08 Nov 2011, 01:14 »

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWER! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGER SWORRRRRDDDD!!! GO! GO! GO!!!"
— Domon, Calling His Attack in the hammiest way possible

Moonsaves

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #109 on: 08 Nov 2011, 02:58 »

I think she thinks he's messing around, to be honest. I don't think she'd laugh at someone if she knew he was actually bad, but he might be that bad she must've thought "oh, he's messing around!"

I can't dance, so I mostly flail around like a spazz for shits and giggles when I'm forced to.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #110 on: 08 Nov 2011, 03:24 »

[1]

[1] I was at the mild end of the spectrum (and my border is around a quarter-tone or semi-tone apart).  I think the most extreme test subject couldn't tell the difference between two notes 5 octaves apart.

That person wouldn't be able to tell his mother's voice from his dad's. That's just silly.
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 15:10 by idontunderstand »

stoutfiles

• BANNED
  • Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #111 on: 08 Nov 2011, 03:40 »

I don't like how Faye uses the phrase "lil guy" for Marten.  It's a condescending phrase if the person is not actually little.

Also, Padma is leaving soon.  Who cares what she thinks?

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #112 on: 08 Nov 2011, 03:50 »

Looks like Marten doesn't follow Dara O'Briain's rules for straight  guys keeping hands below the waist while dancing.

I like the expression on the purple haired girl on the last panel. I want to know what's surprised her.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #113 on: 08 Nov 2011, 04:11 »

I don't like how Faye uses the phrase "lil guy" for Marten.  It's a condescending phrase if the person is not actually little.

But actually it's referring back to "lil' bird", which is a metaphor, and not necessarily condescending at all.

Marten, it seems - and Faye, on his behalf.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #114 on: 08 Nov 2011, 04:23 »

Oh well, given that he knew he was a terrible dancer already, hopefully his pride won't be too badly dented. Just carry on. It can be quite liberating to look like a goose and not give a hoot.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #115 on: 08 Nov 2011, 04:38 »

>Safety Dance memories<

But where you wearing a hat?

A hood, but it was down most of the time. 

It was part of the monk's habit.   :angel:

[1] I was at the mild end of the spectrum (and my border is around a quarter-tone or semi-tone apart).  I think the most extreme test subject couldn't tell the difference between two notes 5 octaves apart.

That person wouldn't be able to tell his mother's voice from his dad's. That's just silly.

My mother's about that tone deaf.  Fortunately, there's more to a person's voice than just pitch.  She enjoys some music, but it's more of a rhythmic thing for her.  Can't carry a tune in a bucket.  There's a lso a genetic aspect to it - of her four sons, two of us are musical, and the other two are nearly as tone deaf as she is! 

But actually it's referring back to "lil' bird", which is a metaphor, and not necessarily condescending at all.

All I can think of is a 12 lb Canada goose, sucked into the intake...
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 12:51 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #116 on: 08 Nov 2011, 04:41 »

Looking at the poll - I think that the attempted drunken makeout with Tai would be absolutely fricken hilarious
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #117 on: 08 Nov 2011, 04:50 »

In any event, can you be condescending inside your own head? Faye is thinking, not speaking or acting in a condescending manner.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #118 on: 08 Nov 2011, 04:53 »

Marten really needs to just laugh at himself now. An alternative might have been to grab Padma's hands, look at her in the eyes, and spell it: "I can't dance. Teach me, please." But I think the door on that option closed, when Marten made his trip to the bar instead.

Count me in the ranks of people who can't manage it on the dance floor. I enjoy mostly the melody/harmony side of music, but have problems with the rhythm/beat. In junior high our class took a test much like the one described by HiFranc. IIRC I was still able to tell the difference between two consecutive tones, when they differed by quite a bit less than a quarter tone (2.9 per cent difference in frequency), but some classmates did much better - a violinist friend was particularly good at that. But my sense of rhythm is somewhere between so-so and pitiful. My high school flame made me try to play piano with a metronome ticking on the side. An eyeear-opening experience.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

kent_eh

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #119 on: 08 Nov 2011, 05:17 »

Seriously, does anyone really not know how to dance? OK, Marten might not be super-good, but he is a musician, so he must have a sense of rhythm. It's not like he has to learn the minuet or something to dance with Padma. Come on...
*raises hand*

me shuffles awkwardly to Sorflakne's corner of teh room, and raises hand.

LordVaughn

• Now in grape flavor!
« Reply #120 on: 08 Nov 2011, 05:25 »

Marten forgot the most important rule of dancing...

"It's all in the hips!"
If my experiences with dancing are anything to go by, it's very easy to mess that up. I move my hips somewhere in between "walking baby" and "robot", just at that point where its extremely awkward.

kent_eh

« Reply #121 on: 08 Nov 2011, 05:28 »

Who says she won't be back, though?
Either after her granny's funeral, or more likely) after a couple of weeks when her family drives her crazy.

Moonsaves

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #122 on: 08 Nov 2011, 05:33 »

Why do I get this forboding feeling Padma is going to get a phone call from her family telling her that her gran has passed away before she even goes?

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #123 on: 08 Nov 2011, 05:40 »

I think that this says it all
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #124 on: 08 Nov 2011, 05:46 »

Hmm.

Just for the record - I love dancing.

I have no clue if I'm good or bad at it. Probably rather bad, because I never TRAINED it in any way - but I definitely love it.
Carpe Diem

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #125 on: 08 Nov 2011, 05:55 »

That's probably the main thing you need to make it convincing.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #126 on: 08 Nov 2011, 06:00 »

Beer or love?
___

According to some people, I'm kinda bad. Mostly in the "you are too stiff" kind of way. Once I get one or two drinks I seem to move a bit better but I still think I suck at it plus I'm very shy but if the number of people dancing is quite big I don't care at all, with alcohol or not. I give Marten full credit for actually dancing in the first place.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #127 on: 08 Nov 2011, 07:18 »

I think Marten's best response to Padma's laughing is to make her laugh even harder. In other words, totally ham it up on the dance floor, flail around like an epileptic on crack or something. Of course, that takes a bit more self-confidence and self-esteem than Marten has (or more strong drinks, perhaps?).

Never mind, his best option was to slam down several shots of some 100-proof type liquor and pass out long before he got to the floor. Too late for that now.

« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 07:30 by themacnut »
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #128 on: 08 Nov 2011, 07:30 »

The poll does not mention Beatles Medley Drunk.
a 'dčanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeňid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

crazdgamer

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #129 on: 08 Nov 2011, 07:31 »

... An alternative might have been to grab Padma's hands, look at her in the eyes, and spell it: "I can't dance. Teach me, please."
That option would require Marten to have some degree of game, of which Marten has precisely none.  

stoutfiles

• BANNED
  • Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #130 on: 08 Nov 2011, 10:38 »

In any event, can you be condescending inside your own head? Faye is thinking, not speaking or acting in a condescending manner.

It's as if Marten never was close to ever dating Faye if she thinks of him as a lil' guy.  She's thinking that Marten is pathetic.

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #131 on: 08 Nov 2011, 10:40 »

Count me in the ranks of people who can't manage it on the dance floor. I enjoy mostly the melody/harmony side of music, but have problems with the rhythm/beat.

Yep, that's me too. I'm much more responsive to melody than to rhythm, and I cannot for the life of me "feel out" the beat of a song. My gentleman friend has recently been teaching me to dance, and now I mostly can tell the beat, if I relax, sort of... but when we started I would confound him with my utter inability. He couldn't believe at first that I really, truly, did not get what the "beat" of any song was at all, and could not pick it up. I also tend to be too stiff in my movements, so in general... not a good dancer. Heh.

I don't think I'm tone deaf exactly (I am pretty sure I can tell there's a difference between pitches if they're presented to me right after another, and the whole rising/falling bit), and I do enjoy music, but I definitely don't have an "ear" for it. For instance, even if I love a song, and it comes on the radio, all I can tell from the first few notes is that "I know this one!" but not what it is. Even if it's a song I've sung along with a thousand times. I usually need the main melody to start to figure it out. (For instance... I love David Bowie. Love, love love. I certainly know all his songs. But when the first few chords come on the radio, I consistently cannot tell if they're about to play Queen Bitch or Rebel Rebel. I know they're different. But what the chords trip in my brain is "Bowie!!" and it takes a while to settle into "which David Bowie." Major shame there.

It's as if Marten never was close to ever dating Faye if she thinks of him as a lil' guy.  She's thinking that Marten is pathetic.

....not necessarily. I don't know where guys get the idea that women must think of them as Infallible Manly He-Men in order to want to date them. That's true for some women, but not all. An occasional feeling of "awww, cute lil' dude" is not at all an impediment for many women. For some of us, that's even required for surface attraction to crest over to deeper affection.
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 10:47 by JackFaerie »

VonKleist

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • First I lol'd. But then I serious'd.
« Reply #132 on: 08 Nov 2011, 10:47 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOyF4hR5GoE

Luckily there´s a song for everyone :D

I can't dance either, but if you do it in a convincing way almost nobody can tell the difference.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #133 on: 08 Nov 2011, 11:29 »

I don't think Marten ever was all that close to dating Faye, though.  He may have thought he was at a few moments, but he really wasn't.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #134 on: 08 Nov 2011, 11:29 »

It's as if Marten never was close to ever dating Faye if she thinks of him as a lil' guy.  She's thinking that Marten is pathetic.

Um, have you never come across terms of endearment?  Or use of kiddy talk between friends?

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #135 on: 08 Nov 2011, 12:35 »

I haven't danced in quite a while. Based on my ability to find female partners willing to synch with me on a dancefloor, if only for a song or two, I suppose I'm not awful at it.

It recently came to my mind that the few times I got laid, back in the 90s, can all be tied to my dancing.

I really should manage to dance more...

Am I seeing Dora in panel 3?

Panel 2B, I take it? No, that's DEFINITELY not her. Too wide of a mouth.

I'm pretty sure cesariojpn really meant panel 3. As in, the third panel. The one before panel 4, and after panel 2. The second panel of the second line of panels, in a comic comprizing four lines of panels, totalizing exactly seven panels. For every existing definition of "panel" in the context of comics (hint: there only one).
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #136 on: 08 Nov 2011, 13:34 »

I guess I'm the exception in here - I love to dance, and I'm told I'm good at it.  I took a stage movement course in the theatre department when I was in college, it met 5 days a week.  Monday and Wednesday were ballet, Tuesday was jazz, Thursday was tap.  I can still do "bells", the move where you click your heels in midair.  But Fridays - oh, Fridays - was ballroom.  Waltzes, tangos, foxtrot, lindy, I couldn't get enough.  I took that course every semester for 3 years, 4 of the times weren't even for credit. 

My fondest memory was the Viennese waltz with Heidi Loebstein.  She was 6 inches taller than me, and I had to leap over her leg like a hurdle to make it far enough around her for the next step.  Wayne, the instructor, said it was the most gracefully executed awkwardness he'd ever seen. 

My wife had been a dancer as well, 12 years of ballet (she instructed, too) and when we went out to hear our favorite local band (The Dorkestra) , one of the tunes they always played was a cover of Paradise.  We'd get up front and waltz through the crowd.  One time they invited us up onstage to waltz around them while they played. 

Her knee blew out about ten years ago, so now the only dancing I do is around the kitchen when something good comes on the radio.  When my daughters were little, I'd twirl them about, too. 

I hope I can go dancing again someday.   :|

kent_eh

« Reply #137 on: 08 Nov 2011, 14:25 »

Marten really doesn't want anyone to think he's a Dancin' fool

"tonight, we'd like to do a song about an importany social problem - disco..."

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #138 on: 08 Nov 2011, 14:41 »

I'm pretty sure cesariojpn really meant panel 3. As in, the third panel. The one before panel 4, and after panel 2. The second panel of the second line of panels, in a comic comprizing four lines of panels, totalizing exactly seven panels. For every existing definition of "panel" in the context of comics (hint: there only one).
I'll bet you're really good at Holy Hand Grenades.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #139 on: 08 Nov 2011, 15:09 »

"Panel 5"
"Three, sir."
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #140 on: 08 Nov 2011, 16:34 »

The poll does not mention Beatles Medley Drunk.

I could say "This was dancing, not Karaoke we're talking about", but truth is it never crossed my mind.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #141 on: 08 Nov 2011, 17:16 »

ya know.. maybe Padma's just having a good time.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #142 on: 08 Nov 2011, 17:23 »

I read the original post without thinking twice about it, but now that you've asked, my native-speaker intuition is floundering for an answer.

Anyone else think that condescension can be an attitude as well as a type of action?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #143 on: 08 Nov 2011, 17:59 »

Anyone else think that condescension can be an attitude as well as a type of action?
Most definitely. In fact, I think of it as an attitude that leads to an action.
But I want to see how things turn out in the next few comics. If I've learned anything about QC, it's that a burning fuse rarely leads to an explosion -- at least right away.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #144 on: 08 Nov 2011, 18:07 »

I think that counts as a bird strike, yeah.

And add me to the ranks.  Like many other social customs, I (used to) know the SCA version but not the modern equivalents - I could manage a round or even a pavane, but you'd have to drag me out onto a nightclub floor (not an easy task, considering my weight and stubbornness).

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #145 on: 08 Nov 2011, 19:36 »

How drunk will Marten get?

Dancing Fool Drunk.    - 17 (30.4%) <--- Emphasis on the "Fool" part.
Drunker than Faye.    - 6 (10.7%)
Sucker Rule Violation Drunk.    - 5 (8.9%)
Attempted Makeout with Faye Drunk.    - 5 (8.9%)
Attempted Makeout with Tai Drunk.    - 4 (7.1%)
Hospitalized (trying to drunk makeout with Hanners).    - 2 (3.6%)
Everclear drunk.    - 1 (1.8%)
Raven drunk (two Shirley Temples).    - 5 (8.9%)
Waffle House drunk.    - 8 (14.3%)
MOAR BUTTS!!!!!1!!1    - 3 (5.4%)

Total Voters: 56
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #146 on: 08 Nov 2011, 19:44 »

ya know.. maybe Padma's just having a good time.

Yeah, It looks she's having a great time. At someone else's expense. What's your point?

It'd be more forgivable if Faye were the one doing the laughing; she and Marten are tight and he'd probably laugh with her, but Padma doesn't know Marten that well, so it's a bit rude for her to just outright point and laugh at him.

Then again, what Moonsaves said earlier could definitely be true about Padma thinking Marten's just kidding around; she's not exactly the queen of perception, is she?

Edit: One of my posts has now begun each new page of this thread. Weeeeiiiiiiiirrrrrrrd  :psyduck:
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

gprimr1

• Furry furrier
« Reply #147 on: 08 Nov 2011, 20:01 »

I dislike this kind of dancing where everyone is dancing by themselves in a big group.

Now if I am with a girl, that is no big deal and I'll enjoy it.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #148 on: 08 Nov 2011, 20:03 »

Most definitely. In fact, I think of it as an attitude that leads to an action.

You can only tell a person's attitude by their actions - you can't have a condescending attitude and act in a way that's not  condescending.  

The attitude that leads to condescension is superiority.  You have to feel "above" someone in order to "lower" yourself to their level... hence the "descend" part of condescending.  

JohnTheWysard

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #149 on: 08 Nov 2011, 20:35 »

And yeah, count me among the "can't dance" people. Want me to kick a dude in the gut while punching in someone else's face? I'm graceful as all get out. Want me to move around a dance floor? I'm awkward two-left-feet-made-of-lead-man. One is planned and has structure and the other is free form. Anything without structure just sends my brain into panic mode and most dance (at least the kind that people do at parties and what not) is pretty free form.

You might want to check out some of the older, "traditional" dance forms like contradance, ballroom, square, or even "International Folkdance". Grace, precision, planning and structure are integral to them (you do NOT want much freeform in a hambo....!!!!) and in additon they're lots of fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up