THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 05:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 91   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: The M/F thread - '08 reboot! Still with no requests!  (Read 802879 times)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
Re: The M/F thread - '08 reboot! Still with no requests!
« Reply #50 on: 04 Jan 2008, 15:50 »

A WORD OF WARNING:

The Eels are pretty good but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AVOID THE SOLO ALBUMS E DID BEFORE HE FORMED THE BAND.  They are so fucking terrible.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #51 on: 04 Jan 2008, 15:54 »

Just quite how bad?
Get off my land

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #52 on: 04 Jan 2008, 15:58 »

Just quite how bad?

James Taylor bad.  I'm not exagerrating.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #53 on: 04 Jan 2008, 16:22 »

Ouch. I tried to find some stuff by E there but couldn't, i want to experience how bad it is.
Get off my land

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #54 on: 04 Jan 2008, 16:47 »

If you enjoy masochism, there's a Spice Girls thread you may or may not have posted in nearby.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

SeanBateman

« Reply #55 on: 04 Jan 2008, 17:28 »

Man not true. Broken Toy Shop isn't that great, sure, but A Man Called E is a really sweet pop record with a couple great songs.

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #56 on: 04 Jan 2008, 20:59 »

Boris's Rainbow

Hey, thanks for this! Valley Parade said he wanted it uploaded, and I said I would, but I never got around to it. You have saved me the trouble of uploading! Yay! Also: more Growing wooo! Admittedly the last one of theres you uploaded was a bit inconsistent, but it toally had some awesome moments.

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #57 on: 04 Jan 2008, 21:12 »

This is something a friend uploaded for me, and I'm passing it onto here as so far it sounds pretty damn good.

This is  Destroyalldreamers - A Coeur Leger Sommeil Sanglant. It sounds kind of like a darker, murkier Explosions in the Sky. It's pretty sweet.

Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G9T7EUQU

SeanBateman

« Reply #58 on: 04 Jan 2008, 22:21 »

New Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?buo4gm1sm9w

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #59 on: 05 Jan 2008, 01:13 »

A number of pages ago, someone posted a Muse album. It's obviously no longer up, but if anyone else has Muse albums that they'd be willing to put up, I'd be grateful; I've been wanting to get into them for awhile but haven't been able to find many of their albums--(I love in a small city of 70,000 with only one record store, so they don't carry much.)
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

SeanBateman

« Reply #60 on: 05 Jan 2008, 01:27 »

If you have to listen to Muse? Just buy them on Amazon. The "My record store sucks" excuse is getting so fucking old.

And Muse sucks.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #61 on: 05 Jan 2008, 01:36 »

That was a pretty unnecessary comment. I didn't ask for anyone's opinions on the band. And I frankly don't mind much what yours may be. Also: don't have a credit card, so Amazon's out. Thanks for being so helpful though.
 - Napoleon

SeanBateman

« Reply #62 on: 05 Jan 2008, 01:51 »

You can set up a paypal account using a bank account, if you have one. Or you can ask a friend with a credit card to order for you and you can pay them back!

Or you could read the title of the thread where it says no fucking requests and just take your shitty fucking taste somewhere else!

morca007

« Reply #63 on: 05 Jan 2008, 02:13 »

A number of pages ago, someone posted a Muse album. It's obviously no longer up, but if anyone else has Muse albums that they'd be willing to put up, I'd be grateful; I've been wanting to get into them for awhile but haven't been able to find many of their albums--(I love in a small city of 70,000 with only one record store, so they don't carry much.)
Hey buddy, the Muse EP I posted is still up actually.
Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/?83oahnmj7m9
I am currently uploading more, just to spite Dirk Hopeless.

This is Origin of Symmetry, their second studio album:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8euo9mcvdz9
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2008, 02:43 by morca007 »

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #64 on: 05 Jan 2008, 06:06 »

New Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?buo4gm1sm9w

Ballin'

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #65 on: 05 Jan 2008, 06:21 »

I'll upload Black Holes and Revelations. Also cheers for that Ep Morca.
Get off my land

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #66 on: 05 Jan 2008, 06:43 »

Boris's Rainbow

Hey, thanks for this! Valley Parade said he wanted it uploaded, and I said I would, but I never got around to it. You have saved me the trouble of uploading! Yay! Also: more Growing wooo! Admittedly the last one of theres you uploaded was a bit inconsistent, but it toally had some awesome moments.

I did. Cheers to the both of you!

And suck it, Kieffer. I don't even have a record store.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #67 on: 05 Jan 2008, 06:43 »

Origin of Symmetry is a pretty good album but surely it's not hard to find Muse mp3s on the internet, they're massive.

sandman263

• Plantmonster
« Reply #68 on: 05 Jan 2008, 07:33 »

Or you could read the title of the thread where it says no fucking requests and just take your shitty fucking taste somewhere else!

There's a Beirut request and 2-album upload answer a couple of pages back....

Nice to see there are some open minds on here regarding other people's taste.

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #69 on: 05 Jan 2008, 07:47 »

It's not about being open minded (which sucks), it's about being polite. I'm not the most polite person on this board, but if someone requested, say, Bright Eyes in this thread I wouldn't go nuts at them. Or at the very least i wouldn't go crazy with the cussing. Basically, I am saying that Kieffer/Dirk Hopeless is a douche, and doesn't really deserve anyone's respect and/or attention.  :police:

Having said that, Muse are fairly easy to find, to put it lightly. I find the dude's excuse of not being able to find Muse highly unlikely.

Anyway, here is some excellent guitar-driven ambient stuff. Tim Hecker and Fennesz, live at Nanterre in France on the 1/6/2007. I find Fennesz's show to be much better, but Hecker's still great. About 35 minutes of each, pretty lo-fi style of recording, but it still sounds great. Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/35342718/Nanterre_1_6_2007.zip.html

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #70 on: 05 Jan 2008, 07:48 »

Yeah i'm not sure whats been shoved up dirks ass but it sure is something massive and spiky to give him that sort of temperament. Also i might just be being ignorant here but why was the thread closed to requests anyway?
Get off my land

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #71 on: 05 Jan 2008, 07:53 »

It's just that way too many people were requesting stuff, without uploading anything themselves.. The way I see it, if you've already uploaded plenty of stuff then you should be able to get away with requesting an album or two.. But I'm probably wrong about that. It does say "Now with no requests" in the thread title, after all.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #72 on: 05 Jan 2008, 07:55 »

Aye suppose a lot of people would just be leaching. Don't know why, its not exactly hard to get a mediafire account, download winrar and upload a couple of albums. I quite like sharing my music with people.
Get off my land

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #73 on: 05 Jan 2008, 07:58 »

Sigur Ros & Steindor Andersen - Sigur Ros/Steindor Andersen EP
(aka "Rimur")

http://www.mediafire.com/?3d5zxxxyzmv
Quote from: sigur-ros.co.uk
in early 2001, sigur rós set out to record some songs in their newly-completed álafoss swimming pool studio with their friend steindór andersen. steindór andersen is a fisherman and chairman of the icelandic poetry society, called iðunn. steindór is a chanter/singer of the traditional icelandic epic poetry form called rímur. rímur are narrative poems which generally tell stories of icelandic heroes and epic battles which have been passed down generations in iceland through word-of-mouth since the 14th century. rímur were regarded as a performance art; a good rímur chanter would engage his listeners with his clever rhyming schemes and catchy melodies. rímur were performed on winter nights when inhabitants sat occupied by their work (making clothing from wool, wreathing horsehairs into ropes, cutting tools from wood, etc.) for seven centuries, this was icelanders' only branch of entertainment and it's only recently that this tradition has dissolved.

the steindór andersen ep contains six songs, three of which sigur rós accompany him on. two songs feature steindór alone and the last song on the cd is steindór and his friend sigurður sigurðarson singing the poem lžkurinn (the stream), recorded under the bridge of the stream by sigur rós's studio.

1000 copies of the cd were printed and sold in the spring tour of 2001, where steindór joined the band to perform the songs from the ep. the cd was sold in a blank white paper case and the artwork on the cd itself was minimal. there are currently no plans to release this cd.

I'm not sure why they're listed as being "Hrafnagaldur Odins", but y'know. You can switch it to "Rimur". I'm too lazy right now.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

amok

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #74 on: 05 Jan 2008, 08:05 »

It does say "Now with no requests" in the thread title, after all.

It also says 'Mediafire' and Mediafire is for commies. More of a set of guidelines really. :-D

(uploading something)

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #75 on: 05 Jan 2008, 08:25 »

It used to be sendpsace. But sendspace is slow as balls.

I have about 10 albums loading on mediafire right this second. All are expected in about 40 minutes.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #76 on: 05 Jan 2008, 08:32 »

I also have ten uploading at the moment and they are at about 40% and still have over 2 and a half hours to go, its even slower for me to download things. My friend just got a rapidshare account as he is an uploader on http://rapidworld.i67.org/ so once he gets enough points he's gonna let me use his account :lol:. Much better that shitty mediafire.
Get off my land

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #77 on: 05 Jan 2008, 09:42 »

I just hope some of you are actually buying some of these albums you download (especially stuff like Growing) if you enjoy it (you can order direct from Growing's label for cheap) because I will bet any amount of money I don't have that most of you have more spare cash than I do.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #78 on: 05 Jan 2008, 09:47 »

Two of the albums I was uploading were over 100 MB! so I get to put them into two pieces now. but here's 8 new things!

Yellow Swans - At All Ends

Quote from: allmusic
On their second album for Load, Gabriel Mindel Saloman and Pete Swanson again make a lot of righteously gloomy noise soundscapes for the masses -- they wouldn't have it any other way, of course. With Daniel Voss again providing engineering help while Marcelo Spina oversees production, Yellow Swans begin the album with the title track, a slow swell of a throbbing dark rhythm the bedrock for a series of overlaid drones and feedback wails, Swanson's guitar turning slowly into a triumphant crescendo somewhere between a minimal sitar piece and pure overload. It's perhaps the most straightforwardly rock thing the band's recorded in some time but even then it's not quite normal, and a good thing too. From there much of the album seems to take on a desert theme, at least due to three successive song titles -- "Stretch the Sands," "Our Oases," "Mass Mirage." Alliteration and assonance aside, all three find Swanson fully embraces space-rock dramatics filtered through the vast soundscapescreated by the likes of Flying Saucer Attack, sheets of feedback howl and moan turning into something utterly transcendent, with "Our Oases" the most spectacular example even at being the shortest in length. "Endlessly Making an End of Things" concludes the album in a more astrigent fashion initially, though like the opener more and more sound builds on it while mournful wordless vocals snake through the mix in counterpoint as distant siren songs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bbtdxmmbotn
Wolfgang Dauner - Output

Quote from: some dude's website
Continuing in my quest for Wolfgang Dauner LP’s I’ve come across this fine, fine gem “Output”. Output was released on progressive jazz label ECM in 1970. Dauner plays Piano, Syntheziser [Ringmodulator], Keyboards [Hohner Electra-clavinet C]. He’s joined by bassist, cello, and guitar player Eberhard Weber, and on percussion, and voice Fred Braceful.
Output combines avant, electronica, and low key freejazz. Its definitely more avant electronic than anything to me. ‘Nothing to Declare’ is the only cut on here that has obvious jazz underpinnings.
I absolute love this record. I remember Jim O’Rourke talking about this record in some interview quite a few years back. I tried looking for this back then to no avail but this was before the emergence of Ebay and all the glorious cataloguing that is available via the computras today. I have yet to hear a stinker that Dauner was involved in but this and Oimels have to be my favorites so far. Two very different records pushing in different directions but most important pushing.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1zthmyjgutp
Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

Spiritualized's third collection of hypnotic headphone symphonies is their most brilliant and accessible to date. Largely forsaking the drones and minimalistic, repetitive riffs which have characterized his work since the halcyon days of Spacemen 3, Jason Pierce re-focuses here and spins off into myriad new directions; in a sense, Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space, with its majestic, Spector-like glow, is his classic rock album. "Come Together" and the blistering "Electricity" are his most edgy, straightforward rockers in eons, while the stunning "I Think I'm in Love" settles into a divided-psyche call-and-response R&B groove, and the closing "Cop Shoot Cop" (with guest Dr. John) locks into a voodoo blues trance. Lyrically, Pierce is at his most open and honest: The record is a heartfelt confessional of love and loss, with redemption found only in the form of drugs -- designed, no less, to look like a prescription pharmaceutical package, Ladies and Gentlemen is pointedly explicit in its description of drug use as a means of killing the pain on track after track. Conversely, never before have the literal implications of the name "Spiritualized" been explored in such earnest detail -- the London Community Gospel Choir appears prominently on a number of songs, while another bears the title "No God, Only Religion," pushing the music even further toward the kind of cosmic gospel transcendence it craves. A masterpiece.
http://www.mediafire.com/?07b3fxdndw3
Silberbart - Four Times Sound Razing

Working within the dynamics of a typical power rock trio, the early-'70s Krautrock band Silberbart take the genre much further into creative realms on their only album. It's got all the aspects of any good heavy metal band, screaming guitar solos and bone-shredding rhythms, as well as screamed high-pitched vocals, but they throw in a lot more improvisation and some curve balls as well, maybe coming off like a heavier version of the three-piece Guru Guru of that same era. The improvisational chops give Silberbart a jazzy limberness that one doesn't find in your typical plodding heavy metal dinosaur, even as they turn up the psychedelic quotient into overdrive. On the longest track, "Brain Brain," the group begins with a slow gloomy riff and falsetto vocals until about three minutes in when abruptly everything explodes violently as the drugs suddenly kick in. Then it's an intense roller coaster ride through heavy psychedelic noise blasts and abstract free-form soundscapes of scraping guitar and clattering rhythm. The other three tracks are only slightly less intense and unusual on this dark hard rock masterpiece.
http://www.mediafire.com/?24r3xvdgkcf
Sun City Girls - Grotto Of Miracles

Quote from: a pretty shitty allmusic review actually
Even as far back as the mid-'80s, this group's versatility was the stuff of legends. There was the gig where all the Sun City Girls did was an extended cover version of an old soul song, forcing the entire audience of skate-punkers out into the street. There was the gig in the jazz club in Rochester, NY, where Rick Bishop stayed on piano and they imitated the Paul Bley trio all night. There was a gig in an Arizona wrestling rink, when the group's entire set consisted of a note-perfect cover version of the entire score from the surreal film El Topo. Okay, take a deep breath, here comes this album, cut early in the band's career for a combination music label and skateboard manufacturer for whom at least one bandmember toiled in the warehouse, packing boxes. Side one kicks in with a wonderful rock instrumental version of what is identified as the Tangier Radio Internationale theme. Wow. From then on it is a shift back and forth between superbly played trio tracks, often instrumental but also making use of vocals in an always creative manner, and passages of what is best described as weirdness. The group can be gentle, savage, rocking, funky, and swinging. Sure, the swing on "Swing of Kings" is more the swing of garage bands, despite drummer Charlie Goucher's ambitions to finally mutate Max Roach into Sunny Murray. Yet when this track goes into its herky-jerky, "out" middle section, the performance is brilliant. What the band always seems to do best is music coming from any kind of Arabic influence. In this context, the Sun City Girls simply have no peers. The traditional "Kal el Lazi Kad Ham" is given a magnificently intense ride, complete with wall of noise guitar buildup. Typical mid-'80s analog recording gear gives the music an earthy sound, helpful because of the sometimes thin sound of the band. Despite the listing of many bizarre instruments on the liner, most of the record is dominated by simple guitar, drums, and bass. As inspired as much of this is, there are indeed moments when the three musicians lapse into noodling.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4z1vomc3d1k
Saturday Looks Good To Me - Fill Up The Room

There certainly wasn't anything wrong with the vintage-pop-with-a-low-fi-twist that Saturday Looks Good to Me perfected over the course of five albums and many, many singles. However, it's also understandable why Fred Thomas would be ready for a change, especially after switching labels and recording studios for Fill Up the Room, and change abounds on the album. The most obvious difference between Saturday's earlier work and Fill Up the Room is that Thomas sings lead on nearly all of the album, and it takes some getting used to hearing his endearingly strained voice on rangy melodies like "(Even If You Die on The) Ocean." But Fill Up the Room doesn't just have a sound that's different from the previous Saturday albums' charmingly lo-fi updates of '50s and '60s pop. This album is, well, filled with different approaches that might not have fit in the past, but make perfect, and perfectly whimsical, sense here. The opening track, "Apple," announces the kinds of changes to follow: a winding, doo wop-influenced interlude, it sounds little like where Saturday Looks Good to Me -- or any of Fred Thomas' other projects -- have been before. He sounds liberated by the opportunity for change, and some of Fill Up the Room's most exciting moments are the most different. "When I Lose My Eyes"' epic swell and brass flourishes recall the Microphones' homespun-sounding symphonic indie pop drama (which underscores why K Records is such a good fit for Saturday Looks Good to Me). "Make a Plan" struts along on Latin-inspired guitars, telling stories about life's unpredictability, while "Money in the Afterlife"'s streamlined rhythms and skipping, Afro-pop guitar melodies make it a standout. As the album unfolds, Fill Up the Room gets closer to Saturday Looks Good to Me's previous territory, particularly on the sunny pop of "The Americans" and "Hands in the Snow," a bewitching kiss-off song that features Betty Marie Barnes' gorgeous voice caressing clever lyrics like "And I watch you drink invisible ink/So I won't know when you swallow your words." Thomas' ways with melodies and words are still the main attractions on Fill Up the Room, and songs spanning "Edison Girls"' cheery indie pop to the vulnerable, unsettling lullaby "Come with Your Arms" prove that those are constants in Thomas' music, no matter what else changes. Saturday Looks Good to Me fans who appreciated the spirit behind the music as much as its sound will enjoy all the curves Thomas throws on this album. Sweetly willful, cheerfully creative, Fill Up the Room truly is independent pop.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dekuyt5ornk
Magik Markers - Blues For Randy Sutherland
http://www.mediafire.com/?4t6mbqkyxln
Les Rallizes Denudes - Electric Pure Land
http://www.mediafire.com/?9kenak2930t
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

SeanBateman

« Reply #79 on: 05 Jan 2008, 10:39 »

It's a forum about music on the internet. If you have shitty taste, it's everyone else's job to point that out to you in the hopes you someday can rise above being a fucking mouthbreathing idiot

It's not about being open minded (which sucks), it's about being polite. I'm not the most polite person on this board, but if someone requested, say, Bright Eyes in this thread I wouldn't go nuts at them. Or at the very least i wouldn't go crazy with the cussing. Basically, I am saying that Kieffer/Dirk Hopeless is a douche, and doesn't really deserve anyone's respect and/or attention.  :police:

You wouldn't do anything because you're a spineless little fuckwad who doesn't have the stones to ever stand up for anything. Also, don't fucking use my real name if I have no idea who you are.

Yeah i'm not sure whats been shoved up dirks ass but it sure is something massive and spiky to give him that sort of temperament. Also i might just be being ignorant here but why was the thread closed to requests anyway?

Actually the temperament comes from illiterate posts like yours.

sandman263

• Plantmonster
« Reply #80 on: 05 Jan 2008, 11:14 »

Actually the temperament comes from illiterate posts like yours.

« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2008, 11:16 by sandman263 »

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #81 on: 05 Jan 2008, 11:21 »

Alright, enough.

Kieffer, stop being an asshole. Everyone else, stop being teenage douchebags, no one is forcing you to do anything. Seriously people, grow a pair, shut the hell up and start uploading music. I think this is a great thread and I don't want it to be ruined by elitist douchebaggery and immature internet come-backs.
I like the way you work it.

amok

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #82 on: 05 Jan 2008, 11:45 »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1YJHSNTQ
Julian Kytasty - Black Sea Winds: Music Of The Kobzari of Ukraine

sample: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nBiqErpeAbA

morca007

« Reply #83 on: 05 Jan 2008, 12:16 »

amok- That album looks awesome from the video, thanks!

Mirwais - Production

Quote from: AMG
On his aptly named debut album Production, hot French producer Mirwais marries the stylish playfulness of contemporaries like Air and Daft Punk with an even more direct pop sensibility. Not only does this explain why he was the ideal choice to produce the bulk of Madonna's Music -- in fact, that album's best track, the brittle ballad "Paradise (Not for Me)," is included here -- but it also results in a collection of songs that are as clever and intelligently crafted as they are danceable. Though most of Mirwais' stylistic touches (stark, sculpted electro beats, running basslines, and vocoders galore) aren't really new, the freshness and innocence he brings to them are -- this is a man who named his label Naive, after all. Production's electro-pop works equally well taken as a whole or song by song: from the slinky-yet-funny album opener "Disco Science," which appropriates the irresistibly catchy foghorn vocals from the Breeders' "Cannonball" and puts them in an entirely different context, to the dreamy, brooding house of "Never Young Again," Mirwais invigorates these vintage elements with the energy of someone hearing and playing them for the first time. Despite its name, Production has much more than pristine sonics in its favor.

http://www.mediafire.com/?eynikuo9vxm
(long shot request: Jose Gonzalez - In our Nature)
Nevermind, I just want some Pixies that is not Surfer Rosa. Why I don't have anything but that is a mystery.
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2008, 12:49 by morca007 »

SeanBateman

« Reply #84 on: 05 Jan 2008, 12:57 »

Japancakes - Loveless

It's an acoustic version of My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. It's pretty cool.

http://sharebee.com/17f6e2ce
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2008, 14:47 by Dirk Hopeless »

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #85 on: 05 Jan 2008, 14:00 »

Actually the name of the band is Japancakes, not Japanther.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #86 on: 05 Jan 2008, 14:04 »

Wow Kai, thanks for that Silberbart album, I am really digging on that. And also thanks for uploading Ladies and Gentlemen we are floating in space when I had left it uploading before I left for work yesterday,

you bastard

Coming soon, Spocks Beard, Charlotte Hatherley, and maybe some Soulwax? Stay tuned!
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

SeanBateman

« Reply #87 on: 05 Jan 2008, 14:46 »

Actually the name of the band is Japancakes, not Japanther.

Oh yeah. Japanther is it shitty pop punk band. Thanks, I forgot.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #88 on: 05 Jan 2008, 15:30 »

Lots and lots of tasty uploads.

Tool - 10,000 Days.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7lhtnjngble

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

http://www.mediafire.com/?dtwvzvbmmxb
Biffy Clyro - Puzzle

http://www.mediafire.com/?26pmoohadv1

Biffy Clyro - Blackened Sky

http://www.mediafire.com/?4mmk14vtytd

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

http://www.mediafire.com/?84xzmyw2jb9

Some obscure samba punk from an Unsigned Edinburgh Band, Bloco Vomit. It's really good.

Bloco Vomit -  Never Mind the Bossa Nova Here's Bloco Vomit

http://www.mediafire.com/?enb05oryyfc

Have fun.

Get off my land

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #89 on: 05 Jan 2008, 16:59 »

M83 - Before The Dawn Heals Us

http://www.mediafire.com/?4t2tsrbteih
I'll up Clouds of Thunder when I can be bothered, Mediafire just told me it was too big.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #90 on: 05 Jan 2008, 19:03 »

Excellent album.

Alright, got some stuff. I think I'm running out of good things to post, heh.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a4teunnem9c

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ao9whj
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #91 on: 05 Jan 2008, 20:21 »

The Book of Knots - Traineater

http://www.mediafire.com/?415pbtvmnyy
 - Napoleon

Clintaga

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • <("<) (>")> <("<)
« Reply #92 on: 05 Jan 2008, 21:17 »

I've been lurking for a few days, and after downloading easily 15+ albums, I decided that I had to start giving back. Exceptionally welcome was the original Donkey Kong Country Soundtrack, something I thought no one else in the world but me cared about.

Before I get started, I'd like to specifically thank whoever posted any 65daysofstatic, I had never heard of them before, they just moved into my iPod and the party has literally yet to cease. =)

The first album I am submitting is for fans of exotic string instruments, and the chubby gentlemen that comepletely fuggin' shred on them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ajf0enyzjnoIt just this guy (who I think is perfect) shredding on a Sitar with a drum machine and some kinda crazy techno shit. I also have Sitar Power Album #2 (not for his mom and dad).

Next up is one of my personal favorite hip-hop and rap artists of all time:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b9e3yl94sxz
Cunninlinguists are, in my opinion, some of the most talented and honest performers on the underground rap scene, and they are bawlz-out flawless live. If you like clever lyrics and fresh, unorthodox beats check these guys out.

The following album actually will not ever get old, and is basically all good all the time forever.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ee9dmdmon50
This guy has an offbeat voice and crooked eye, but he is soooo soulfoul (and sooo high), and I dunno what else, I find him a little hard to describe and hard to classify, but giving him a shot might be the best decision you make all week. His simplistic acoustic tracks flesh out his more hip-hop ones, and the storyline behind the songs (it's a concept album) are actually pretty cool.

Last for this post, but certainly not least, is a jewel of my collection:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5mzz2mrpzsn
Skeletonbreath is a devilish fiddler, an inexplicably skilled bassist, and a drummer that loves to Spiel... Glockenspiel that is!! Combining Gypsy/folk and Metal for some seriously spooky shit (I saw these guys live in a haunted house, they were amazing) they achieve a sound that is at once a groovy beach tune, a gaunt and macabre chamber ditty, and some righteous fuckin' violin playing.

Certainly more to come. Ultra props to OneWheelWizzard for getting me addicted to the best music... Shared Music.

« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2008, 21:18 by Clintaga »
Life goes by pretty quickly, and if you don't stop every once in a while and do whatever you want all of the time, you could miss it.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #93 on: 05 Jan 2008, 22:28 »

Spock’s Beard – The Light

http://www.mediafire.com/?0zlzduws329

Charlotte Hatherley – The Deep Blue

http://www.mediafire.com/?fsmy0y1t3ni

Soulwax – Much Against Everybody’s Advice

http://www.mediafire.com/?6x3smnpauuy

Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #94 on: 05 Jan 2008, 23:24 »

Here's Nine Inch Nails' The Downward Spiral, the instrumental version. It's missing two tracks that they either lost the masters for or couldn't mix the vocals out of. Still, I find it more enjoyable than the actual retail album.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dgr8gv
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #95 on: 05 Jan 2008, 23:32 »

A few things.

First, I fully support Clintaga's choices (especially Skeleton Breath).

Second, the Book of Knots album is locked.  fieryredlion0920 has not given me permission to listen to their music.

Thirdly, the bandura music sample posted by amok is amazing and I'm downloading the album now, will probably edit this post with rave reviews.

Fourthly, here is some more Pelican.

Pelican - Australasia

http://www.mediafire.com/?63snjbq22m4
More uploads to come.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #96 on: 05 Jan 2008, 23:40 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?4t2tsrbteih
I'll up Clouds of Thunder when I can be bothered, Mediafire just told me it was too big.

Missing track 13?
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #97 on: 06 Jan 2008, 09:32 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?7znnlmmmy0w
For sam, the best Weakerthans record.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #98 on: 06 Jan 2008, 11:53 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?2t1ytkgdy89
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #99 on: 06 Jan 2008, 12:01 »

Missing track 13?

Bleh, that's why I don't use soulseek anymore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 91   Go Up