Moment of the Week?

It's a secret! (waffles)
No peeking!
Hanners continuing to peek anyway.
The unmentionable DAAAAAANG
Pintsize's coma
"Damn, girl!"
Mister gentleman
First he was all :D, and then he was :), but soon he was :|, and finally he was :(
BOOBS!
Happy Arbor Day 2003!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2056-2060; Nov. 14-18, 2011  (Read 232478 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
Re: WCDT 2056-2060; Nov. 14-18, 2011
« Reply #100 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:08 »

Cut to comic 1887, but with different characters

Wow, the poll actually called it! :D
Yep!  Huzzah!

@stoutfiles - Second date.  And they knew each other a while beforehand.  Also, everything else that's wrong with that statement!

Whoa, a red text that actually says what I was gonna say first.  Eh, I'll keep it.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #101 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:12 »

Also, sex on a first date?  Padma is the definition of slut.  I think if Marten got herpes that would be a good lesson for all the readers out there, a girl putting out on the first date is usually a girl putting out for everyone.

Really?

Really?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #102 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:14 »

I guess I know what one of next week's caption images is gonna be  :-D

Also yaaaaaaaaaaaaay Marten! Also did anyone else notice that the bags under his eyes are gone now?

Padma seems to be quite proud of her...assets. Also her breastets (I only feel the need to link since it's such an old comic).  8-)
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

stoutfiles

• BANNED
  • Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #103 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:16 »

Also, sex on a first date?  Padma is the definition of slut.  I think if Marten got herpes that would be a good lesson for all the readers out there, a girl putting out on the first date is usually a girl putting out for everyone.

...wow, epic fail.

Earth to stoutfiles: being a slut is not a bad thing. Sleeping together on the first date is not a bad thing. And the two are not necessarily related. Seriously, what the hell?

Slut (n) - a dirty, untidy woman.  It is a bad thing.  Marten won't get any STD's because I don't think Jeph would ever go there, but he should have at least asked if this is something she normally does after a couple of drinks.

First date sleeping is not always a bad thing, but when you're leaving soon to head across the country it goes back to the slut definition.  They are related in this instance.

Cut to comic 1887, but with different characters

Wow, the poll actually called it! :D
Yep!  Huzzah!

@stoutfiles - Second date.  And they knew each other a while beforehand.  Also, everything else that's wrong with that statement!

Whoa, a red text that actually says what I was gonna say first.  Eh, I'll keep it.

Oh, that's right...it would be the second group date.  That does make it slightly better.  

Marten knows about her, but only right before they made out has Padma ever gotten to know Marten.  Padma talks, Marten listens.          

Shadic

• Shadic's Website
« Reply #104 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:17 »

Yeah, because dialogue never happens off panel.  :psyduck:

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #105 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:18 »

Uh last I checked this wasnt a date.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #106 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:21 »

Slut (n) - a dirty, untidy woman.  It is a bad thing.  

Dictionary flame (n) - the use of a dictionary definition to make a point in an argument about a word that may have shifted in meaning.

Slut = promiscuous person. That's its primary meaning these days, and a lot of people are trying to get rid of the perception that promiscuity in and of itself is bad, thus the reclaiming of the word for things like Slutwalks.

First date sleeping is not always a bad thing, but when you're leaving soon it goes back to the slut definition.  They are related in this instance.

Again, it's not a bad thing. It's not even really anyone's business but her and Marten's.

Oh, that's right...it would be the second group date.  That does make it slightly better.  

Marten knows about her, but only right before they made out has Padma ever gotten to know Marten.  Padma talks, Marten listens.          

You're kind of a spiteful person, you know that?

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #107 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:23 »

Uh last I checked this wasnt a date.

Shhh, don't say that. You'll just make stoutfiles hate Padma more.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #108 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:23 »

they just met up for some fun, had a few drinks, got to know a little about each other and had some more fun.

honestly its not slutty if this was a spur of the moment hook up. Now if she usually does this then yes she would be a slut.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

akronnick

« Reply #109 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:24 »

Slut (n) - a dirty, untidy woman.  It is a bad thing.  Marten won't get any STD's because I don't think Jeph would ever go there, but he should have at least asked if this is something she normally does after a couple of drinks.

Really?

Really?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #110 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:24 »

*/macnut looks at comic #2057, gets to the last panel, dances.*

Things are going a LOT better for Marten than I expected so far. Longs like the few posters who predicted Padma would indulge herself in a goodbye fling with Marten were dead on. Me, I didn't think Marten would get anywhere near that lucky.

Not really, once she leaves we'll get a mopey, depressed Marten for who knows how many strips.  I'm not looking forward to that arc.

Ah, I see it is time to get smacked with the Great book of not-being-a-prick.

Let us see.

1. Though I understand your referring to the first-date rule out of 50s induced habits, but for the record Marten and Padma are not on a date. They have known each other for some time and interacted extensively, though they have never dated per se, and probably never will. Technically the term for this is a one-night-stand.
2. You can't get herpes if you use a condom and Marten is a responsible boy so he probably has some.
3. Though I respect your personal values which labes anything with a sex drive a slut, I'd like to point out that you might want to keep them to yourself. Notice how I am not here to insult you for being a prude. Whispering slut under your breath would suffice. Each has their own personal values and disrespecting them is a crime against democracy, good sir. Seriously. Freedom of speech is one thing, but using it to suppress others freedom of expression is a misuse.
4. I am horribly offended by your use of the term slut solely referring to Padma. Though I understand your personal values place a person who has casual sex at an unpleasant level(see pt. 3) I would kindly remind you that both of them are at "a first date", as you call it. Therefore, both of them are sluts.
5. Generalization fail. Since according to your values both of them are sluts(see pt.4) then Marten should also have herpes since it is clear that since he has had sex with a girl on the first date he is putting out for everyone he has ever met. Unfortunately we are fully aware of Marten's sexual history, unlike Padma's, so you have a contradiction. Either the generalization stands on a nonsensical level and the past 2000 strips are a lie, or your generalization is incorrect. I would vote for the latter.
6. It is not called PUTTING OUT. It is called HAVING SEX. This is not the 50s.
7. Just as a side-note, the amount of sex you have is not directly related to the amounts of STDs you suffer from. Though it seems like a logical step, there are many unfortunate people who have contacted STDs during their first sexual encounter or worse, whilst still being virgins. There are also many STDs which can be contracted through non-sexual means. Herpes also has many subbranches, though through various weird interactions it can lead to the probably genital herpes you are reffering to. But going back to the amount of sex=amount of STDs thing, it is incorrect. People who have lots of sex tend to also be well informed on the dangers and use proper protection, which keeps them safe from most sexual diseases. Obviously, each person treats his/her health differently so this may vary. When in a relationship you can have a huge amount of sex but without any risks of disease(minor a few situaitons: if one of them is infected pre-relationship, which can be checked, if one of the cheats with an infected person, which is them being a bastard and having a low opinion on the cheated-on party is just disrespectful, or in case one memeber contracts a STD through non-sexual means which is, again, extremely unfortunate.

Thank you good sir. A bright future to you! By taking this post into account and improving your attitude you may truly make this world a better place.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2011, 21:31 by Fen »

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #111 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:31 »

Oh goodie, here we go.

Not really, once she leaves we'll get a mopey, depressed Marten for who knows how many strips.  I'm not looking forward to that arc.

I'm looking forward to that arc, because if it turns out that Marten does not go all mopey and depressed, I'm going to enjoy pointing out how wrong you were.

I'll leave the rest of the post for others to discuss - Fen's done quite a nice job, for starters. :)

Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

amandathehunter

• Plantmonster
« Reply #112 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:32 »

Ah, I see it is time to get smacked with the Great book of not-being-a-prick.

Let us see.

Thank you good sir. A bright future to you! By taking this post into account and improving your attitude you may truly make this world a better place.

This. All of this.

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #113 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:32 »

6. It is not called PUTTING OUT. It is called HAVING SEX. This is not the 50s.

It's interesting that the term is even still in use. It implies that the woman gives, the man takes (or, occasionally, the other way around), which is kind of messed up if you think about it. Sex, if done right, is a shared experience, and the idea of "putting out" tends to deny that. Then again, I think of what you do with a DVR as "taping" even though I know it goes to a hard drive, so make of that what you will.

Overkillengine

• Furry furrier
  • Meh.
« Reply #114 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:36 »

Last I checked, women had the same rights as men, and the same cravings. If a woman wants a meaningful one night relationship, as long as she is safe and ethical about it, nothing really wrong with it.

Otherwise Marten deserves the same derision that I somehow don't see him getting.

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #115 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:39 »

haikupoet: I KNOW, RIGHT? I hate that idiom so much. And what irks me is that I've only heard it used by US citizens or media, where the whole political correctness thing is extreme. You'd think there would be a bigger problem with that than with the word "stewardess" but nooo....

Overkillengine: Technically this is not a rights issue, but a social factor. Though obviously the rights to have sex are there for both genders, the social perspective on what one chooses to do with it is the issue. It doesn't help that promiscuity is a problem in itself for both genders (as it relates to personal values more than anything).

stoutfiles

• BANNED
« Reply #116 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:40 »

1. Though I understand your referring to the first-date rule out of 50s induced habits, but for the record Marten and Padma are not on a date. They have known each other for some time and interacted extensively, though they have never dated per se, and probably never will. Technically the term for this is a one-night-stand.

Do you think Marten is going to see it that way?  Be honest now.

Also, once again, they have not interacted extensively, unless you're including Marten's listening as interacting.  Marten has not talked to her about himself until just recently.  In fact, one of the strip's where Marten tried to tell her what was bothering him, she just walked away as the punchline.

I don't hate Padma, I just think she's kind of dirty now, like Sven dirty.  Some people might like that, whereas I think you should get to know the person a little more.  I also don't know why everyone is rooting for Marten to be depressed in the very near future.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2011, 21:45 by stoutfiles »

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #117 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:43 »

Marten is an adult and though he might get understandably mopey he should be realistic enough to understand how this is not going to turn into a relationship.
He is mature enough to know that what he feels for Padma is infatuation and that this was an act of lust and nothing more.

And even if he would be immature enough to not comprehend that, why would this make the act any worse from Padma's side? It's not her duty to coddle a guy she barely knows.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #118 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:45 »

Do you think Marten is going to see it that way?  Be honest now.

Also, once again, they have not interacted extensively, unless you're including Marten's listening as interacting.  Marten has not talked to her about himself until just recently.  In fact, one of the strip's where Marten tried to tell her what was bothering him, she just walked away as the punchline.

I don't hate Padma, I just think she's kind of dirty now, like Sven dirty.  Some people might like that, whereas I think you should get to know the person a little more.  I also don't know why everyone is rooting for Marten to be depressed in the very near future.

Yes, because Marten's not an idiot. He know she's leaving in a few weeks, he knows they don't know each other terribly well, and he went ahead anyway because it's really not that big a frigging deal. They both wanted some fun; they're pals, but not with a deep enough friendship that sex would make awkward. Dammit this is a good thing and you're fucking it up for everyone by making a mountain out of a molehill.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. Goddammit whatever I'm not retracting
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

leahneedsanap

• Plantmonster
« Reply #119 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:47 »

Oh god you guys I'm just...

Somebody was a misogynist asshole on a forum and I didn't have to be the one to drop that knowledge hot and fast before the whole thing deteriorated into completely unfunny rape jokes

I'm just

I'm so happy *tears up*

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #120 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:47 »

I am willing to bet she never intended to hook up at the end of the night but it just flowed that way.

Overkillengine

• Furry furrier
  • Meh.
« Reply #121 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:47 »

Thus my disclaimer about safe and ethical.

Basic checklist for what I mean by that: 1) Anyone being harmed? 2) Anyone being deceived or misled?

As far as we know Padma hasn't gone and done an entire biker bar unprotected immediately prior to this and has been very clear about her not likely being around after this for a relationship.

And as a final point: if it isn't wrong for Marten to do it, then it isn't wrong for Padma to do it, at least in societies that believe in equal gender rights.

End of line.

muffmasta

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #122 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:49 »

Yeah, I hate it when people apply the double standards of *slut* for the woman and *the man* for a guy. They were both drunk and might both regret it in the morning, but otherwise, they both liked eachother, and both wanted it. Why the trash talk only towards the woman?

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #123 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:49 »

Somebody was a misogynist asshole on a forum and I didn't have to be the one to drop that knowledge hot and fast before the whole thing deteriorated into completely unfunny rape jokes

I'm just

I'm so happy *tears up*

Hey, I'm just some guy who went to a Slutwalk with no intention of trying to get laid :-)

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #124 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:50 »

Holy shit, this is hilarious. And I can't get my retorts in even nearly fast enough. Stuff it, I'm just grabbing the box of popcorn and sitting back.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

lavacano201014

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #125 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:51 »

I volunteer to model for the men's line of "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG" underwear.

(I'd volunteer for the women's line too but that'd hurt and I probably wouldn't look good in a thong anyway)
...then he grabs your hand in some strange California handshake and breaks the bone...

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #126 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:52 »

I'm just

I'm so happy *tears up*

I'm actually making a huge-ass poster for stuff like this with the intention of posting it whenever someone is misogynistic/misandric/just not getting it to just save the trouble of retyping the arguments over and over again.

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost
« Reply #127 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:58 »

People, people. We are getting distracted. Let us return to the topic at hand: Marten finally, for once in the damn comic, getting exactly what he deserves: a few comics of things going his way.
I had something witty to put down here but.....

cuzsis

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #128 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:59 »

I think the major difference is that Martin would dig having a relationship.

It's Padma who's deciding not to have one (moving away ect...).

Thus, her starting sexytimes with Martin is rather uncool. (We're all pretty sure it wasn't Martin who instigated, unless his character has taken a sudden and major change.)

She knows she's leaving, yet she's doing this anyway...with a guy she knows totally digs her.

That's not a good move. in fact, she probably didn't even think it out all the way. Heck that's already an established character trait (http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2053).

And people who tend to not think out their sexytimes, frequently end up with issues. Anything from STDs, massive emotional baggage, or pregnancy. I don't think the other poster was too far off calling her a slut. If she just kinda "reacts to things" she may well have had the biker bar before Martin got there.

Soban

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #129 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:02 »

Ok a few thoughts on the last few posts and comics. As someone who is in a interracial relationship, I enjoy the portrayal of it in QC and want to see more of it in all fiction. However, I will admit that a interracial relationship comes with inherent greater difficulties then a relationship within your race. (Worth it!) However, given the circles that Marten Runs in this may be a comparatively easy relationship. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

On Fen's point 2. Per CDC STD Facts: Correct and consistent use of latex condoms can reduce the risk of genital herpes.
http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes.htm

I don't think that this encounter makes Padma a slut mainly becuase I don't feel we have enough data points for this. To be a slut to me you have to have multiple casual sexual encounters. We don't know how casual this is, we will see. Marten has not at this point had any casual sex that I can remember at this moment.

If Padma leaves, it will result in emotional baggage for Martin. I doubt an STD or pregnancy at this point. I don't think QC is that kind of comic.

amandathehunter

• Plantmonster
« Reply #130 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:04 »

However, she may just enjoy having an emotional connection. Based off of how I've viewed the things she's said recently about leaving, she's going to miss everyone here, but needs to spend time with her family. This may be her "goodbye" sex with the east coast, personified in Marten.

I think Jeph will also use this to show some emotional maturity on Marten's part, when he *doesn't* sell everything he owns and fly across the country for Padma. It's also the end of his emotional healing from the Dora Disaster.

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #131 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:07 »

Holy shit, this is hilarious. And I can't get my retorts in even nearly fast enough. Stuff it, I'm just grabbing the box of popcorn and sitting back.

Oh, now someone gets the popcorn, after I've used up all my good snark.

MamiyaOtaru

• Plantmonster
« Reply #132 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:15 »

Really?

Really?
someone has a different opinion about something than I do?

really?

really?

*is that insufferable person who says "really? really?"*

Overkillengine

• Furry furrier
  • Meh.
« Reply #133 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:18 »

Also, Marten as a grown man amazingly has responsibility for his own emotional well being.

If he despite knowing a relationship is not likely, let her have a ride and then got depressed over her leaving in the end, then it is actually his fault for allowing that situation to occur.

akronnick

« Reply #134 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:19 »

I think the major difference is that Martin would dig having a relationship.

It's Padma who's deciding not to have one (moving away ect...).

Thus, her starting sexytimes with Martin is rather uncool. (We're all pretty sure it wasn't Martin who instigated, unless his character has taken a sudden and major change.)

She knows she's leaving, yet she's doing this anyway...with a guy she knows totally digs her.

That's not a good move. in fact, she probably didn't even think it out all the way. Heck that's already an established character trait (http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2053).

And people who tend to not think out their sexytimes, frequently end up with issues. Anything from STDs, massive emotional baggage, or pregnancy. I don't think the other poster was too far off calling her a slut. If she just kinda "reacts to things" she may well have had the biker bar before Martin got there.

Really?

Really?

really?

really?

m-/

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #135 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:21 »

Ok, so I think they might be naked under the sheets in this one.

*tries to hold it together* *fails miserably* *collapses into giggles*

HeavyP

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Woo!
« Reply #136 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:27 »

Woo!  Go Marten!

Glad he got some good times before she left!

And my $0.02, I think Marten's character has grown by leaps and bounds since the beginning of the comic; he's a level-headed and well-rounded adult.  He didn't seem to go into this expecting a long-term or long-distance relationship, it's just two people who are mutually attracted enjoying an emotional and physical connection.  Good sex, snuggling and pillow-talk, and once the sun rises they part as friends who shared something special.  Maybe another bedsheet tango before she leaves, but my personal prediction is that regardless, Marten is going to have a good outlook on life and be ready to enjoy dating again.  Though it may lead to inappropriate erections around baked goods. 

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #137 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:28 »

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #138 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:29 »

Ok, so I think they might be naked under the sheets in this one.
No wai!

Lol, the forum is arguing with stoutflies again. It's like a game of whack-a-mole.

Sometimes both parties just want to get laid. Is it ill-advised? Well it's not particularly well-advised but if it's consensual and they take precautions (Marten's smart enough to use a condom and it'd be a safe presumption that Padma's on the pill) there's no harm done. Will Marten be mopey about it when Padma jumps on a plane? Maybe, but if so that's his own damn fault.

Also, called it back in February.
Quis pater tibi est?

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #139 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:30 »

Erections are never inappropriate around baked goods.

Hmmm do I post that? Why not, it's that kind of thread.

Lol, the forum is arguing with stoutflies again.

Daaaaaaaaaaaang.

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #140 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:31 »

Really?

Really?

really?

really?

Oh, never mind then. I forgot that whenever someone decides to moralize for no particularly good reason about a character's actions which happen to be well within the bounds of normal human behavior, we're supposed to be quiet because the prudes know better than the rest of us filthy disease-ridden monkeys how we're supposed to enjoy each other's company. I'm sorry. I'll just go fill out that application for the priesthood now, because you have shown me the error of my ways. Praise PersonNamedAfterARidiculouslyExpensiveCamera!

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #141 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:33 »

Really?

Really?

I don't think that akronnick was commenting on the fact that he had a different opinion than stoutfiles. I think he was expressing surprise that someone could be so... out of touch with basic ideas of human interaction, labels, STD risk, and the character precedent set by QC as a whole.

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #142 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:48 »

First of all: Good on ya, Marten!  :lol:

Second of all: my mom was sitting at the table behind my chair when I opened today's comic, so when I saw "Daaaaaaaaaaaang" I knew I'd have to wait until she moved.

Third of all: regarding the argument before: "Daaaaaaaaaaaang"  :psyduck:

leahneedsanap

• Plantmonster
« Reply #143 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:49 »

Hey, I'm just some guy who went to a Slutwalk with no intention of trying to get laid :-)

Oh man AND there are dudes doing it this is so great, you've reminded me of another thing to be So Happy about
Plus I am totally okay with an ongoing fact sheet.  Save everyone the time.

Oh also Padma certainly has plenty of flaws, but it's nice to see a girl in QC who goes after what she wants, has self-confidence and has problems (personal flaws, her grandmother's illness, etc) but doesn't let them rule her life.  I know the joke upon introduction of the secret bakery was that they were basically social doppelgangers for the existing crew, but at least in Padma's case, it's like they are the future, been-there-dealt-with-my-shit-about-that versions.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2011, 22:56 by leahneedsanap »

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #144 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:50 »

I don't think that akronnick was commenting on the fact that he had a different opinion than stoutfiles. I think he was expressing surprise that someone could be so... out of touch with basic ideas of human interaction, labels, STD risk, and the character precedent set by QC as a whole.

Not to mention that hoping that another person, even a fictional one, contract a disease does not reflect well on the person expressing that hope. To put it very mildly. It's really unnecessarily nasty.

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #145 on: 14 Nov 2011, 22:56 »

Uh, seriously? That's a pretty messed up view you have there. First of all, wouldn't it depend on the situation? Padma knows Marten quite well at this point, and could even be counting the hiking trip as a "date" of sorts. And second of all, why is SHE a slut, while HE isn't? That's not a very progressive view...
What do you know about Pokémon?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #146 on: 14 Nov 2011, 23:02 »

"I used to think I was a slut until I realized I was acting like a man".

(moderator)Don't let this turn personal. You are headed in the wrong direction if you find yourself talking about another poster and not about that person's ideas.(/moderator)

What does this mean for Marten? We've never seen him do casual. Granted that may have been for lack of opportunity, but he may believe that Sensitive Guys are supposed to get emotionally involved. Doing so now would result in making him unhappy, so it must be about to happen.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

srpilha

• Not quite a lurker
  • composer, researcher (no, srsly)
« Reply #147 on: 14 Nov 2011, 23:04 »

people, am I really the only one who WANNNNNTS that line of underwear in the Topatoco shop FOR THIS VERY CHRISTMAS OMG PLEEZ ? Ok, I'd love it for boys too, but what a heck of a present in any case.

Also: hello Fen, here's your one bazillion cookies. Thank you so much, and do make that poster. I'm amazed that someone with a worldview like that of stoutflies reads this comic at all.
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2011, 11:59 by srpilha »
Eggplant casserole tonight?
Why, yes!

Vurogj

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #148 on: 14 Nov 2011, 23:06 »

I am willing to bet she never intended to hook up at the end of the night but it just flowed that way.
She chose to wear uinderwear with writing on it. Underwear like that is designed to be seen. She knows she's on a tight schedule (leaving for Cali in what, 10ish days?), she likes Marten and thinks he likes her.
For all her protestations that she just "reacts" to situations, I'm willing to credit her with enough intelligence to have weighed up some ways the night *might* have ended and planned accordingly. While they are both drunk, they haven't yet appeared stupid drunk, merely socially drunk.

As a side note, this in no way makes her a slut, it makes her someone who, when she knows what she wants, is ready to do what it takes to get it. Go Padma.

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #149 on: 14 Nov 2011, 23:09 »

people, am I really the only one who WANNNNNTS that line of underwear in the Topatoco shop FOR THIS VERY CHRISTMAS OMG PLEEZ ? Ok, I'd love it for boys too, but what a heck of a present in any case.

Also: hello Fen, here's your one bazillion cookies. Thank you so much, and do make that poster. I'm amazed that someone with a worldview like that of stoutflies reads this comic at all. Trolling much?

If I had a girlfriend, I'd totally get a pair for her. Sadly, I don't, and unlike Pintsize, I don't like to feel pretty sometimes.
(Also, loving the Jumbo avatar. Just started reading that manga yesterday)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up