THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 23:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Primarily joined just to get in on some of the forum jokes  (Read 2890 times)

lavacano201014

• Not quite a lurker

however I will hang around and be a social person and what not

assuming I remember I'm registered here

Also: If I upload an avatar that's bigger than 100x100 px, will it automatically be resized?
...then he grabs your hand in some strange California handshake and breaks the bone...

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

I think it complains and doesn't let you do it, but I don't recall for certain.  It may just crop it. 

And welcome!  Though I'm not sure the jokes alone are worth joining for...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

lavacano201014

• Not quite a lurker

I think it complains and doesn't let you do it, but I don't recall for certain.  It may just crop it.

well here goes everything then (AFTERMATH: it appears to resize it. NEAT!)

And welcome!  Though I'm not sure the jokes alone are worth joining for...

ALL jokes are worth joining things for.
...then he grabs your hand in some strange California handshake and breaks the bone...

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

If you upload an avatar that has dimensions greater than 100x100, it will be resized before it is stored.  If you link to an external image that is oversized, then HTML will be generated to make the browser display the image as 100x100, but the original file still gets downloaded each time.  If your avatar's file size is so large or it's so poorly hosted that it affects the speed of page loading, I will probably notice and complain to you (the most extreme case I've had was a dynamic GIF of over 2MB).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Welcome!
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

lavacano201014

• Not quite a lurker

If you upload an avatar that has dimensions greater than 100x100, it will be resized before it is stored.  If you link to an external image that is oversized, then HTML will be generated to make the browser display the image as 100x100, but the original file still gets downloaded each time.  If your avatar's file size is so large or it's so poorly hosted that it affects the speed of page loading, I will probably notice and complain to you (the most extreme case I've had was a dynamic GIF of over 2MB).

I'll stick to uploading then - I have a very fast connection (for the US anyway) so it'd take a lot for me to notice slowdown.

Also I DID REMEMBER I WAS REGISTERED HERE! That is promising, I tell you what

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Once you register here, you will never forget.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Oh, and welcome aboard the Forum.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up