THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 04:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help shipping from Japan?  (Read 2604 times)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Help shipping from Japan?
« on: 24 Nov 2011, 01:53 »

I want to buy a CD from Japan that they won't ship to me.  Does anyone here know of any companies that will take delivery of goods in Japan and then ship them on for a fee (I know of such things in the US)?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
Re: Help shipping from Japan?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2011, 03:51 »

For a minute there I thought you were going to import a maid in a crate.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2011, 03:57 »

Just sent a query to my brother in Tokyo.

EDIT: He wasn't positive, but there are apparently some places that specialize in getting various Asian media products. One he mentioned was http://www.play-asia.com/ but for music it looks like they're more into anime soundtracks, j-pop, game music, and the like. I'm assuming you're in search of some classical piece, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't your quest, Paul.  8-) Perhaps if this site doesn't have it, the kind of site it is might give you a lead.

(If you want, I'll pass along the specific title along with where you did find it, and he might be able to do a more thorough search via Japanese search engines and sites.)
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2011, 04:53 by Jimor »
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2011, 09:37 »

I think you'd have more success searching for import companies in US search results, seeing as that's where all their clientele is. I can easily find a company that ships products from the US to the Netherlands, or cars from Japan to the Netherlands. Although I'm not sure how popular the practice is for imports from Japan to the US.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2011, 19:00 »

For a minute there I thought you were going to import a maid in a crate.
That would be a very tidy crate.  With all the packing peanuts pointed in one direction and whatnot.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.
Pages: [1]   Go Up