• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What will Marten do?

Call back right away and apologize.
Run to her apartment and apologize.
Wait until tomorrow, and get arrested at the airport trying to apologize at the gate.
Call/go over and ask for an explanation.
Decide it's a lost cause, toast a waffle or two, and try to move on.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT January 9-13, 2012 (2096-2100)  (Read 129346 times)

Tormuse

• Larger than most fish
  • I'm not really that patriotic... really!
Re: WCDT January 9-13, 2012 (2096-2100)
« Reply #100 on: 11 Jan 2012, 05:54 »

My dating experience doesn't provide a statistically valid sample, but when I've been in Marten's situation, continuing to press the matter never led to anything good.

My dating experience isn't necessarily valid either, but I've tried it both ways, pressing the matter and not pressing it.  Neither has led to good.  :)

It seems to me that whether or not Marten should press the matter depends on the nature of the relationship, as they have defined it.  If it's "just a roll in the hay" and that's it, then he just shouldn't bother.  If they intend this to be a lasting relationship, he should definitely go over there to find out what's up.  I get the feeling that they haven't really defined their relationship, so I suppose it could go either way, but I definitely lean more towards visiting her so he can, at the very least, ask, "are you okay?"  If she really is going through a difficult time, this would be an appropriate, supportive thing to do.

Is that Raven or Dora? The Lipstick and hairstyle is confusing me  :psyduck:

It's definitely Dora.  Her boobs are too small for her to be Raven.  Look at the boobs!  :D

kent_eh

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #101 on: 11 Jan 2012, 06:05 »

My dating experience doesn't provide a statistically valid sample, but when I've been in Marten's situation, continuing to press the matter never led to anything good.
My dating experience isn't necessarily valid either, but I've tried it both ways, pressing the matter and not pressing it.  Neither has led to good.  :)
My gut feeling is that Marten is right... for now. Leave messages and wait. For a few days.
If he hasn't heard from her in several days, and hasn't been blown off, then I don't think stopping in to see if she's ok is not creepy, nor is it being "that guy"

It's definitely Dora.  Her boobs are too small for her to be Raven.  Look at the boobs!  :D
Good advice. Always look at the boobs.
It's what I do.

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #102 on: 11 Jan 2012, 06:30 »

We in this crazy world of being QC fans/readers/obsessives have always seen tSB as something of an "alternate universe" CoD. Hanners and Marten mentioned that the first time they set foot in the place.

There's one thing that differs between the two, still - someone dying. In the CoD "universe", it was Faye's dad. In tSB, we're still presuming it's going to be Padma's grandmother.

What if it's not that, though?

I'll just leave my thought there for now. But I've seen enough foreshadowing to suggest someone is about to get written out of the story - permanently. 

Oh no, Renee! After all she's apparently the counterpart of Faye, but since the bakery crew are all subtly different from the "originals" maybe something bad is going to happen to her, instead of a family member.  Of course if something bad has happened to any of the bakery crew you'd think Marten and co. would already know about it, if only via overhearing gossip from customers at Coffee of Doom or in the college library.  In a fairly small town like that someone getting killed by an exploding donut maker or what have you would probably generate some local press and a lot of talk.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #103 on: 11 Jan 2012, 06:40 »

...That's not what I meant.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

quix0te

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #104 on: 11 Jan 2012, 07:43 »

This comic reminds me how glad I am I learned these lessons early.
1)Don't dwell.  Either its moving forward or it isn't, if it isn't, keep yourself amused and distracted by other things.  S/he won't love you more if you are mopey and weepy.
2)Keep it moving.  If its not working with somebody, or hasn't worked, don't sit around hoping things will change.  Start moving toward finding somebody else. 

Most people want partners that are self-reliant and strong.  If you have these attitudes, your partner will sense it, and be less prone to playing games.

Litch

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #105 on: 11 Jan 2012, 07:52 »

I can't believe I finally registered just to participate in this thread but you people talking about her being at her grandmother are being wrong on the internet.

Re-read #2091 and look at the last panel.

From personal experience, dying family isn't so all consuming that you can't find time to return a phone call or even if she lost a phone get a message to someone you're "dating".

If they'd been dating for weeks or months MAYBE going to visit would be justified, but my impression is they have only been going out for a few day, a week or two at most. But a lot also depends on the guys style, guys who look big (and thus scary) are NOT encourage to push this boundary. A skinny wimpy guy like Martin could get away with it but honestly, give the chick some time to figure out what's going on in her head. A week or two goes by and send her some flowers or other sort of gesture.

Delator

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • In my own little world
« Reply #106 on: 11 Jan 2012, 08:28 »

...That's not what I meant.

I think I know what you meant...and I hope that you're wrong.

You had better be wrong!!  :psyduck:
No, I will never settle on a particular avatar.

Throg

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • will accordion for food
« Reply #107 on: 11 Jan 2012, 08:28 »

There's one thing that differs between the two, still - someone dying. In the CoD "universe", it was Faye's dad. In tSB, we're still presuming it's going to be Padma's grandmother.

What if it's not that, though?

I'll just leave my thought there for now. But I've seen enough foreshadowing to suggest someone is about to get written out of the story - permanently. 

dunh dunh DUNH!

Okay, spill. I have NO idea who you could be talking about: no one seems to have a deathmark on them.  Unless you're just trying to make a new interesting poll option.   :-P

///

Also, Marten seems to be taking a perfectly reasonable attitude: I think Dora / Faye should cut him some slack. He's got enough pride, as a man, not turning into a creepy stalker or some whiny s.n.a.g. if some girl decides to walk. It's a sucky thing for her to do, but that's that. Marten is actually *showing backbone* and *not* being a doormat.

« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2012, 08:33 by Throg »
SQUEEZE BOX

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #108 on: 11 Jan 2012, 08:35 »

From personal experience, dying family isn't so all consuming that you can't find time to return a phone call or even if she lost a phone get a message to someone you're "dating".

Personal experience varies.  For some people it is perfectly possible that a traumatic event could push everything else aside for an indefinite period, even those apparently quick or simple things.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #109 on: 11 Jan 2012, 09:51 »

FOREBODE
FOREBODE
FOREBODE
FOREBODE

That is all.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

fwiffo

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #110 on: 11 Jan 2012, 09:57 »

If Martin were to do anything else, it would venture into stalking territory. Padma has given every indication that she's either done with the relationship, or too preoccupied for it. She's probably realized that it's not going to work with her personal situation and the distance and everything.

I've dated more than one woman with this break-up style (being suddenly unavailable and not returning messages, even in a fairly serious relationship.) My one of my exes would get calls and text messages from guys she's been on one date with a year before who would not take a hint. She refused to just tell them that she was not interested, she thought it was better to just ignore them. The guys just looked creepy and pathetic, even borderline psycho, for not moving on.

It's over, and Martin should move on. If Padma is still interested, it's on her to fix it. If she's doing some sort of relationship dance game mumbo-jumbo, she should knock it off and give him explicit instructions.

Dora and Faye think he should give chase, which is wrong. The girl signals for "chase me" and "leave me alone" are often exactly the same. They only think the signal is "chase me" because they know Marten and know he's harmless and not creepy stalker guy.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."      -- Mark Twain

Spoom

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://uberm00.net/
« Reply #111 on: 11 Jan 2012, 10:11 »

I've dated more than one woman with this break-up style (being suddenly unavailable and not returning messages, even in a fairly serious relationship.) My one of my exes would get calls and text messages from guys she's been on one date with a year before who would not take a hint. She refused to just tell them that she was not interested, she thought it was better to just ignore them. The guys just looked creepy and pathetic, even borderline psycho, for not moving on.
While I agree that he should just leave it since it would at this point make him a stalker to do anything else, Padma is the one causing the problem here.  People who use this "style" of breakup, in the absence of other reasons to ignore the other person, are cowards.

StevenC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #112 on: 11 Jan 2012, 10:33 »

Padma and Marten weren't on "one date a year earlier" though. They were on multiple dates, had sex until shortly before and what's more, they were happy safe for the fact that she has to leave after a vague unspecified time of a few weeks. And then suddenly from one day to the other she gets like that.
For all we know she could have been abducted and replaced by Pod people after their last date so sudden was the change.
Wanting answers in that situation is justified.

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #113 on: 11 Jan 2012, 10:38 »

Why are Faye's and Dora's boobs the same size in this strip?

Just a nearly-wild guess from the drawing style, I'd say Faye is not wearing a bra today. Although that seems unlikely given her endowment.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #114 on: 11 Jan 2012, 12:34 »

That is enforcing respect.

Have you never heard the phrase "to earn  respect"?  

You imply that there can be some God-given right to respect, which maybe not everyone would agree with - especially if this is in some way linked with being male (which is all too common, I fear).  

Of course, we should all try to respect others, regardless of failings, but this is a different matter from demanding or expecting respect (which is too often a matter of wanting to be kowtowed to - really, different words should be used) - it is far more important to be able to respect others than to be respected.

I believe I understand your point, which is well taken, but it's worth noting how much social progress has been brought about by women demanding respect.

Padma was offered the managership to get her to stay, but there's no evidence she accepted. She did act manager-y when she tried to negotiate the merchandise swap with CoD.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #115 on: 11 Jan 2012, 13:23 »

I can see Marten wanting to let things drop here and move on, but Faye and maybe Dora not letting it. I can also see the ladies marching down to tSB to confront Padma, maybe even dragging her out by her hair to make her talk to Marten. Faye especially I can see doing that...
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #116 on: 11 Jan 2012, 13:27 »

Faye: Hey, you know how I didn't press assault charges when you punched me in public with absolutely no provocation? Would you like it to stay that way?
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

litthefilter

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #117 on: 11 Jan 2012, 13:52 »

For whatever it's worth, Jeph thinks Marten is doing the right thing.

Overkillengine

• Furry furrier
  • Meh.
« Reply #118 on: 11 Jan 2012, 13:53 »

This whole respect argument is weird. I feel like everyone's on different wavelenghs. I think Overkillengine's point is, sometimes people treat you badly for no reason and there's no way of earning better treatment. At that point, you have to actually walk away, otherwise terrible people just pile up in your life. "Enforce" is a weird word for it, but getting respect does require some sort of action, like everything else. Right?

The respect issue is similar to the trust issue in that way. You obviously can't demand respect in the same way you can't just demand trust. But sometimes people are so stingy with those things it's irrational, and then it ruins your life.

Actually that is pretty much the closest anyone has gotten to the point I have been trying to make. I guess using the word "enforce" threw people off or something, though I believe it a perfectly valid usage of that word. Sometimes people suck. Sometimes unconsciously. When that happens, they often don't even realize what they are doing is wrong until you make a clear* point of telling them that the behavior is not OK.

I believe I understand your point, which is well taken, but it's worth noting how much social progress has been brought about by women demanding respect.

Thank you. :)

*Unambiguous phrasing, no hints, no subtlety, minimal tact. Often the only way to get through to them. Often referred to as being "assertive".

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #119 on: 11 Jan 2012, 14:30 »

Is it just me, or does Dora look like Raven in panel 2?

And liking the current Dora design with the longer hair. 
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

jaredstar

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #120 on: 11 Jan 2012, 16:35 »

ive been thinking about this  and it seems to me that this all started when marten  mentioned  how a year before he was more of a whiner  then he is now.    It occurs to me that given the random nature of the person in question  she may be to get him to man up.   From what  i have seen she wants to stay  and he wants her to stay.  In her own weird way she might be trying to get him to give her a reason to stay.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #121 on: 11 Jan 2012, 16:46 »

Far more likely she wants Marten to stay away. That's usually the case when a person pulls a fade like this-they want to end things without the messy breakup conversation. A coward's way to be sure, but then again many people don't take being dumped very well either.

WAYF

• Beyoncé
« Reply #122 on: 11 Jan 2012, 16:49 »

Well, I seem to have called it. I've never done that before. :psyduck:

I think Marten, as I am, is comparing what's happening here and what happened with Vicki. He doesn't want to push the matter because he thinks he'll seem a bit too doggedly determined, and that's fine. I think he's doing the right thing.

But I still think Padma might have a reasonable explanation for this, especially given how much her personality has changed since we first met her. In the past few weeks (QC time) she suddenly became a lot more serious about, well, everything. The last time she said something that fits with her bright and somewhat silly personality was here, i.e. when she and Marten first began this relationship. I'm pretty sure there's something in that.

Oh and by the way, was I the first person to notice Marten's shirt? :P
Penny Arcade reference or indie music reference? Jeph likes to do both...

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #123 on: 11 Jan 2012, 16:59 »

I personally think that if the only options are Go See Her or Leave Her Alone, Marten is doing what the situation calls for. The last encounter they had was the conversation in bed about how Padma wishes they met earlier. It was her first clue that Marten may not be serious about their situation, when Marten was the one who was initially interested in her but toned down his seriousness because that's what he thought she wanted because that WAS what she wanted until she had it, then she wanted more but then when she wants more, Marten was finally getting the hang of just having fun.

Given how complicated their mini-relationship-thing is/was....it's understandable to an extent that Padma is avoiding him (even if you ignore the granny saga) because she has absolutely no idea how to convey such a convoluted thought process. All she has to say is that she ended up liking him more than she had planned and is worried that he isn't as interested anymore. She could be doing a number of things- pulling the "chase me" thing because she's desperate/not right in the head...or genuinely trying to end thing, but I just can't seem to wrap my brain around that one. It could be that Padma is no longer interested, but given her reactions to a lot of their conversations, it just doesn't seem likely. Either that or she is ripping the band-aid off early so it heals by the time she HAS to deal with Grandma.

Either way....it's not nice. Are either of them doing what makes the most sense? Absolutely not. I think the most sensible way for either of them to react to the other would be:

A) Marten sends Padma a text that he will be ready for her to talk if/when she wants to but will not press her anymore so he doesn't risk annoying her.

B) Padma sends Marten a text that she will talk to/see him before she leaves but she's not up for talking yet.

If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

ZBixby

• Emoticontraindication
  • Zombie Jesus ate my Peanuts
« Reply #124 on: 11 Jan 2012, 17:23 »

My bet is that Faye being who she is is gonna storm over to tSB and demand to know what's going on as she took the Vicki situation into her own hands and has a knack for looking out for Marten.
"I have the weirdest friends."

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #125 on: 11 Jan 2012, 18:01 »

Oh, that's pretty much a foregone conclusion.

What might be funny is if she runs into Renee - in pretty much the exact same outfit as she has on.
Just another Joe like 46

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #126 on: 11 Jan 2012, 18:10 »

Yes!  Same plaid shirt...  wait, wasn't Marten wearing that one the other day? 

Anyway, there is  another angle to Padma.  We've all seen how flighty she is.  This may be the first time she's ever really fallen for anyone...

And she's scared.  Really, really  cared, and doesn't know how to handle it.  So she's using the time-honored technique of avoidance. 

It's not going to end well, methinks. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #127 on: 11 Jan 2012, 18:24 »

It never ends well in this strip, does it?
Just another Joe like 46

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #128 on: 11 Jan 2012, 18:52 »

My bet is that Faye being who she is is gonna storm over to tSB and demand to know what's going on as she took the Vicki situation into her own hands and has a knack for looking out for Marten.

It would probably be better for everyone concerned if Faye respected Marten's choice of how to handle this and left it alone. But that's unlikely, so expect highjinks at tSB when Faye goes on the warpath.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #129 on: 11 Jan 2012, 18:59 »

Again, personal experience. From my own experience, people aren't nearly as predictable. For example, my best friend (as in, he is like my brother to me) lost his father to cancer three years ago. Now, as his father underwent treatment, we talked once a week. When his father recovered, we hung out more, like we did. This went on for about a year. Then nothing for about a month, no returning my phone calls, messages, ignoring everyone he knew. Well, just as I was about to track him down, he turned up at the front door, his father had died that morning. It had turned out that during the month, his father's cancer returned, metastasized very quickly, resulting in him being moved into a hospice where he later died.

Point is, even from personal experience, there is no way in knowing exactly how people are reacting to something as traumatic as a loved one dying.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #130 on: 11 Jan 2012, 20:33 »

I find it a bit odd that both Faye and Dora would take Martens behavior as passive aggressive. He isn't ignoring calls from Padma or doing anything like that, he's simply deciding "Well, since she doesn't seem interested I'm not going to go confront her right now since that would probably be too much. If she wants to talk to me she will, and if she doesn't...well then I guess we cross that bridge." If anything it feels mature and reasonable.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #131 on: 11 Jan 2012, 21:27 »

In other news, Time magazine have had to make a 11th-hour change to the cover of their upcoming edition.

edit: Well, all I can say in response to the new comic is: holy shit, Marten.
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2012, 21:41 by Tova »
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #132 on: 11 Jan 2012, 21:42 »

You daft prick!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Wagimawr

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • Facebook
« Reply #133 on: 11 Jan 2012, 21:49 »

"CANCEL" THE "PLANS"

"CANCEL" THE "PLANS" AND BE A HERO

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #134 on: 11 Jan 2012, 21:51 »

I have had this planned since Padma first showed up in the comic.

HA HA HA HA HA.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Napoleon_Blownapart

• Plantmonster
« Reply #135 on: 11 Jan 2012, 21:57 »

Congrats Jeph, you wrote Marten brilliantly. I'd be tired of being fucked around too if I were him.

Please don't draw up a crapsaccharine "Officer and a Gentleman" ending to this plot arc. Don't do that. Life isn't like that. An honest resolution to the story would have Marten running to Padma and being shot down because she has to leave and a lame apology that she got too involved too fast, etc etc that ends with her taking Marten's heart and shitting on it. Let Marten shit on the girl's heart for once. He's earned it!

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #136 on: 11 Jan 2012, 21:59 »

I don't know what to think. On one hand, Marten's angry (and different clothes than yesterday, so even more time has passed), and for once in his life doesn't want to be a doormat, and I admire the fact that he's at least capable of saying (even passive-aggressively) "you can't treat me like this."

On the other hand...

You FOOL! SHE'S LEAVING TOMORROW! THERE'S A TIME AND A PLACE TO BE A VINDICTIVE PRICK (thank you Dora) BUT THIS ISN'T IT GO TO HER

sorry bout the caps
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #137 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:00 »

Now that... that... is passive-aggressive.

Faye, Dora, take note.

(Also, six damn words, Marty: "Tai let me off the hook.")
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #138 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:00 »

That doesn't really surprise me, because it ties in with the way he handled his anger and bitterness towards Dora's issues as well.

He needs to learn to deal with those kinds of issues in a productive way, rather than store them up (possibly at least partially due to his passivity) and then let them all pour out at the wrong time and/or in the wrong way.

Anyway, congrats - that comic threw me for a loop more than any other before it.

Also, I think this is my 400th post... IF I CAN GET PAST THE RED TEXT OH MY GOD

Faye, Dora, take note.

Yes. Yes, it is.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost
« Reply #139 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:02 »

It's good to see Marten learned something from the Dora breakup and is finally starting to grow.

God DAMMIT Marten.

HA HA HA HA HA.

Stop the Press: Jeph loves to Troll readers. We keep coming back for more.
I had something witty to put down here but.....

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #140 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:03 »

Let Marten shit on the girl's heart for once. He's earned it!

What an incredibly shitty thing to say.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Napoleon_Blownapart

• Plantmonster
« Reply #141 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:10 »

That doesn't really surprise me, because it ties in with the way he handled his anger and bitterness towards Dora's issues as well.

He needs to learn to deal with those kinds of issues in a productive way, rather than store them up (possibly at least partially due to his passivity) and then let them all pour out at the wrong time and/or in the wrong way.

Marten did the right thing this time. He didn't want to get involved in the first place. The girl practically claimed rights to his cock against his will. Then she shut him out when she realised she was an idiot for going too fast. I know what it's like to be fucked over like that. It's becoming a "same old story": girl/guy comes on too strong, has a great time with new partner/fuckbuddy for a while, then disappears completely for whatever reason. The very worst thing you can do when you've been burned like that is give even the time of day to the one who burned you. Padma is being written so that we can see her guilty conscience. She wants to be absolved of guilt by the universal doormat that is Marten.

Marten did the right thing. He's moving on.
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2012, 22:17 by Napoleon_Blownapart »

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #142 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:12 »

If Jeph shuts us down before morning, I'd just like to say, it's been fun hanging with (most of) you fine folks.

:psyduck:
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #143 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:25 »

Prediction: Padma will be devastated.

Did Marten do the right thing? I don't know. It depends on whether Faye and Dora know something he doesn't.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #144 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:26 »

Marten did the right thing this time. He didn't want to get involved in the first place. The girl practically claimed rights to his cock against his will. Then she shut him out when she realised she was an idiot for going too fast. I know what it's like to be fucked over like that. It's becoming a "same old story": girl/guy comes on too strong, has a great time with new partner/fuckbuddy for a while, then disappears completely for whatever reason. The very worst thing you can do when you've been burned like that is give even the time of day to the one who burned you. Padma is being written so that we can see her guilty conscience. She wants to be absolved of guilt by the universal doormat that is Marten.

Marten did the right thing. He's moving on.

Yeah, steady on. She didn't disappear completely - just hadn't called him for a week. It's an emotiona situation - I'm not saying she was right to have done so, but cut her some slack, Jack.

He did the right thing yesterday.

Today, not so much.

Vista

• Plantmonster
  • The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas.
« Reply #145 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:29 »

Indeed.
 :-(

What an incredibly shitty thing to say.

Second.
"Himemiya, I've misjudged you!"
"My image of you is ruined!"

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #146 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:31 »

Something sort of like this may have happened to me once (I say may because it involves my lying bitch of a sister as an intermediary). We had some kind of thing going. Not sure what it was, probably just friends, but she had another guy she never told me about. After a while I made my peace with that, but it became clear that for whatever reason we couldn't be friends. I dashed off an angry (and frankly rather deranged, in retrospect) letter about how I loved her, how she hurt me, we could have been friends, yada yada. Probably not the best move on my part. Didn't call her again.

About three weeks later my sister told me she called. As I said above, my sister is a liar about nearly everything. I have no idea if this call actually took place. I didn't reply for something like a month and never heard from her again. In retrospect, if the call actually happened, she probably just wanted to apologize for letting me lead myself on and/or tell me I was absolutely batshit insane from what I wrote in the letter. Took me a hell of a long time to get over it, too.

Indicible

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Jaegermonster impersonator
« Reply #147 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:33 »

I really hope Marten stops being a prick and actually sends her off.
Is he channelling Dora, or what?
Signature OF DOOM!

WAYF

• Beyoncé
« Reply #148 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:35 »

Damn, that was cold, and it's only going to keep getting colder the more I think about it.

It's probably going to get colder the more Marten thinks about it too.
Oh boy is he ever going to be wracked with guilt tomorrow.

Well, now we have a new standard for people to claim that Marten is completely a jerk all the time from just one incident.
:psyduck:

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #149 on: 11 Jan 2012, 22:36 »

HA HA HA HA HA.
We still don't know exactly what "this" is.  Perhaps we can wait one more day before all hope for Marten is shattered.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up