THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 345336 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Weird dreams you've had
« on: 30 Jan 2012, 15:47 »

Last night in a dream I was having a conversation with Akima about the Buddhist doctrine of Dependent Co-Arising. She used a constellation as an example of something that even in Western terms did not have Ding An Sicht but which nonetheless looked like an object, and pointed out a major gap in my understanding of the concept.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2012, 16:32 »

I had a dream where I found myself holding onto the edge of an iceberg, half submerged in the ice cold water with my dad. I can't remember what we spoke about, but we both panicked when Russia began to launch a missile out of the iceberg we were holding on to. Worried that a part of the missile would fall off and hit us, we pushed ourselves under water and tried to burrow into the ice.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2012, 16:42 »

Hoo boy, where to start?  

There was one dream I had where I was walking through the courtyard of a ruined castle at night as a light snow was falling, and I see a burning torch in a niche on the wall.  I approach it, but right as I'm about to pick it up, a skeleton comes out of nowhere and starts swinging a two-handed sword at me.  I turn and run, and soon come to one of the walls, where a barrel sits.  In the barrel is an assortment of weapons, so I grab a sword and turn around, only to see the skeleton is gone.  

Confused, I approach the torch again, only to have the skeleton come at me again.  I backpedal away, and notice that the skeleton stops and goes back to standing near the torch.  Now, for some reason, I really wanted that torch, so I went for it again, and this time me and the skeleton go at it, swinging and parrying and blocking each other's blows, but no matter what I do, I can't maneuver him around so I can grab the torch and run.  We continue fighting it out until my alarm goes off.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2012, 19:38 »

Well my dreams tend to involve falling, or (on occasion) freaky sex. I have regular kind of dreams too, but I don't seem to remember them.

Any of you ever had lucid dreams before?
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2012, 21:49 »

Partway toward lucid. For example, faced with the prospect of walking across a muddy patch, I have thought "If I'm dreaming, I'm able to walk on air, so I'll try that".
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2012, 22:39 »

I don't dream. 

At least,  I don't recall them. 

At all.  Ever since some recurring nightmares as a child.  I must have supressed them. 

Very effectively. 

Once in a great while, I'll wake mid-dream, but it dissipates too quickly for me to get any kind of handle on it.  I know this happens to most people, but I think it's faster for me - I literally can't recall anything of it after a matter of a fraction of a second.  I'll know I was dreaming, but that's it. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Middle-of-the-Road Conservative
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2012, 00:29 »

What I want to know is how you fly in your dreams. I always do it by putting my arms at my side and twitching my wrists, but I can only fly just within somebody's reach. Sometimes I have to move around by grabbing onto a garbage truck or pulling myself around with the grass.
Voluntarily banned from DISCUSS.

Listen to my music. http://wolfgangruck.newgrounds.com/audio/

Zingoleb

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2012, 00:48 »

When I fly, I can't control it. I'm aware that it's a dream but I'm never able to control myself - instead I feel myself floating away, unable to hold onto anything that could keep me tethered, feeling more and more nauseous and terrified the higher I go. After awhile I end up  just dropping like a rock, but tend to wake up just before hitting the ground.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2012, 00:56 »

It's always a garbage truck. Don't know why. You can pay me anyway.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2012, 03:50 »

I tend to jump off the top of a staircase and swoop down, and then just continue to swoop. It feels so real that I sometimes wake up thinking that I can actually fly. Thankfully even as a child I never tested the theory.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2012, 04:46 »

It's been a couple years since the last episode, but I used to have this recurring nightmare. I had the feeling that I was being chased. I never saw any pursuers, but it was clear that I had to keep running. Usually there was an endless number of staircases. A weird thing is that I never got too winded even though I wasn't in the best of shapes. It is just that my progress slowed down to a crawl as I became tired, and little old ladies could easily overtake me by walking. Yet the pursuers never did?

Looks rather vanilla when written out, doesn't it?
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2012, 06:02 »

In my dreams I can never actually hit/punch anyone, no matter how hard I try to fight back. My hand just slows down and slips to the side, or just stops before reaching them. It's pretty distressing in the dream, and makes me wonder if I could actually hit someone for real.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2012, 07:33 »

It's easiest to recall dreams when you're sleeping in really late and spend a lot of time between being almost awake and being in REM-sleep. I got a lot of that last week when I had a week off from lab work. I dreamt that my internship was denied, but the language used in the notification was so scathing that I knew it couldn't be real. The same thing happened with a grade I've been waiting a month to hear. I scored a 2/10, which was also impossible and gave away that it was a dream.

I rarely fly in my dreams. The one time that I did, I was able to fling myself from the tops of really tall conifers, and somehow generating lift by keeping a crouched position. But there is a recurring theme in my dreams where I run really, really fast. An element of fear is never present, although sometimes I am running away from something, but have no reason to fear it. I'm dreaming, after all. Interestingly, in my dreams I always run like a quadruped. I'm extremely aware of continually using my hands to vault over things or boost myself. I'd say it's a remnant from my evolutionary past, but it's really been a long time since primates were running on all fours. In fact, I'm not even sure if modern apes are able to run or sprint effectively...

Isn't it amazing how our brains can convincingly simulate experiences that we can't possibly know about? And that these dreams are structured on-the-fly, with sometimes incredibly elaborate actor behaviors? You can talk to someone in your dream, and their responses are effectively conjured up by your own knowledge of that person. And sometimes your brain produces something in a dream that's impossible to do when you're awake. Like, there was this one time where I heard someone recite a poem, complete in rhyme scheme. I have absolutely no affinity with poetry, and yet my brain just shook out an entire verse while I was asleep. Just imagine what you'd be capable of if you'd unlock that potential while you're awake!
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2012, 07:39 by LTK »
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #13 on: 31 Jan 2012, 07:44 »

Your brain might be capable of reciting poetry in that way, you might even be able to think it that way, but the muscles of your mouth and tongue lacks the training and muscle memory required to perform those tasks.

Or maybe you can't even get that rhythm in your active mind, but your brain knows how it perceives such reading of poetry, and can effectively repeat that perception, without requiring the feat of being able to do that. Brains are pretty damn cool.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #14 on: 31 Jan 2012, 09:15 »

For a while I kept a dream Journal, so I will probably be posting a lot as I review it.

I park my car in a parking lot next to a small restaurant, but the lot has that deserted look to it. After I’ve gotten out of the car I see a man approaching. I start to get nervous, but he isn’t coming right at me.

He circles around me, staring at me, smiling nervously; but he approaches my car. The car has mysteriously turned into a convertible, and before I know it he is getting the top down.
“What are you doing?” I scream and run towards him. He jumps out of the car and grabs me by both arms, pulling me close.
“What do you think I’m doing?” he says roughly, pulling me away from my car and down the sidewalk. I struggle, refusing to walk and I scream; but no one pays attention.

I begin to struggle, moving us toward the street while he is distracted with keeping me in his control. We trip off the sidewalk into the road. The cars coming at us swerve to miss us, causing a crash. He takes the opportunity to release me and run. I stagger up, shaken. The drivers of the cars look at me scornfully, I caused their crash.

When I get back to the parking lot my car is gone. I go into the restaurant to use their phone. Inside is brightly lit with plants and laughter. I ask, “Did any of you see what happened outside?” they all look at me blankly, “A man grabbed me, I was screaming.”
A man behind me stands up and grabs my arm. “Come here sugar, I’ll give you some comfort.” As he leers at me, I grab his nose and kick him in the crotch. He goes down and I run.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #15 on: 31 Jan 2012, 09:22 »

I had a horrible nightmare once where I was in line at some stupid coffee shop and then Danny DeVito jumped out from behind me in line and started shooting me with a gun that used dimes as bullets.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #16 on: 31 Jan 2012, 11:46 »

I've had teeth falling out dreams a bunch of times before.  I think it's fairly common.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Zingoleb

« Reply #17 on: 31 Jan 2012, 12:18 »

My father's tooth fell out once and he tried to super-glue it back in. Sadly, that was reality.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #18 on: 31 Jan 2012, 12:41 »

I had a dream where my heart was suddenly in my hand instead of my chest and I had a panic attack because I was thinking "I'm dead! I can't grow another!" I've had teeth falling out dreams too.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #19 on: 31 Jan 2012, 16:31 »

In my dreams I can never actually hit/punch anyone, no matter how hard I try to fight back. My hand just slows down and slips to the side, or just stops before reaching them. It's pretty distressing in the dream, and makes me wonder if I could actually hit someone for real.

I have the same experience in my dreams.

~~

Maybe this isn't as weird as I think it is but it sticks out to me because it's one of those few dreams I've had that was so vivid it's like a memory from yesterday.

I once had a dream I went on a the Most Romantic Date EverTM with Robert Downey Jr, dinner and a walk on the beach but when he went to kiss me I said, "I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend." Mr. Downey Jr then drove me back to my boyfriend's on a motorbike, came in to meet him and we all had tea and polite conversation and then he left and I woke up.

I was staying with my boyfriend that night so I looked over and saw him all snug and asleep and had a genuine feeling of guilt for my dream-date date-dream. Then I went back to sleep and had a bout of sleep paralysis.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #20 on: 31 Jan 2012, 17:03 »

I've heard that teeth falling out/crumbling is usually a stress dream. I've only had one once I think, I was actually pulling my teeth out though (I do have mild trichotillomania so that kind of makes sense in a weird way).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #21 on: 31 Jan 2012, 17:12 »

I sleep with my iPod playing and once I had a nightmare to Pink Floyd's Echoes. I was spraying hair spray into the sky a little at a time and I blew it up and it was cool. I did it a few times and then I sprayed a bunch and blew up the entire world on accident while the scary part of that song was playing.

Penheart

• Plantmonster
  • Cause the voices tell me to
« Reply #22 on: 31 Jan 2012, 17:47 »

A few nights ago I had a dream where I was going to a deserted facility with my 60 year old aunt, and my old french teacher who is also my best friends mom, and some weird cloaked guy. fighting our way through shadowed enemies to an unknown goal. A little ways into the dream which I forget I end up in another building through warped dreamy space directions in a corridor leading to the outside. Then I am paralyzed but start convulsing painfully then go limp. A few minutes later my body starts tingling so hard I start to panic and everything goes black till I wake up. A lot of this is because I was up reading the webcomic www.thezombiehunters.com

Lesson learned, never read creepy stuff before going to bed.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #23 on: 31 Jan 2012, 17:54 »

Yep! All the time.
When I was in my third year of university I took a class on Depth Psychology, which is basically modern psychoanalysis, largely built upon the work of Freud, Jung, Adler, et al. Anyway, one of the things we had to do for the class was keep a dream journal. After doing this for some time I began to become aware of when I was dreaming. It's a slow process but eventually, once I was able to regularly recognise a dream I was able to slowly change things and take actions. It's difficult and I find I have to remain very calm to do this or I end up just waking up. It also doesn't work with nightmares for me. I don't know why.

Over the last few years I've now figured out some new things based around lucid dreaming. I can control the content of my dreams. For instance, whenever I re-read the Harry Potter series, I begin to have HP based dreams. Same as if I re-read through my comic collection. I have had more than a few dreams where I hang out with Nick Fury and fight supervillains.

A big upshot of being able to lucid dreams is that if I wake up from a dream, as long as I go to sleep within a few minutes I can come back to the dream, more or less where I left off. This is especially awesome for sex dreams where you wake up before the good bit but also good for when you just want to see what happens at the end of the dream. But there are downsides as well. Lucid dreaming is not in any way restful. I always wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all so I only do it intentionally if I have nothing on the following day (I might try and do it tonight since I have no plans tomorrow). I also experience Sleep Paralysis more often than before, the most notable time being when I was waking up during a dream where I had a box strapped to my head with my pet rats in it and they were about to eat my face. I was awake and I could see my bedroom but on top of what was real I could see the box/cage and Jekyll and Hyde (my rats) squealing and screeching, trying to eat my face. Then my phone rang which was right next to my head so KMFDM blasted into my ear really loud while I was paralysed and hallucinatory rats ate my face.

TL;DR: Lucid dreaming is pretty ace but can fuck you up emotionally.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2012, 18:27 by Jimmy the Squid »
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jan 2012, 18:03 »

I'm no expert, but I've always thought of nightmares as anxiety attacks while you're dreaming. Maybe that's why you can't control them.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #25 on: 31 Jan 2012, 18:20 »

I'd say that's probably functionally accurate. The physiology of anxiety attacks I don't think applies to nightmares because I've had nightmares in which there is no immediate sense of threat to personal integrity or safety or that of others, but in a way, yeah there is a strong element of panic which makes control difficult.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #26 on: 31 Jan 2012, 18:26 »

Dream from 10/22/10
My family is taking my Grandfather to different cemeteries to see where he would like to be buried. We are followed by a carnival wherever we go. My Grandfather hands me a red balloon. In order to find some of the more obscure graveyards we burn down the buildings that have been built over them. As the wind scatters the ashes of the buildings I let go of the red balloon and watch it float away.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #27 on: 31 Jan 2012, 18:28 »

TRVA, are all your dreams David Lynch movies?

Zingoleb

« Reply #28 on: 31 Jan 2012, 18:31 »

Sleep paralysis is utterly terrifying. My mother actually had me convinced for some years as a child that it was demons attacking me in my sleep.

I remember one time I had a dream that I was fighting a shadowy monster in my backyard, and I knew if I didn't kill it it would kill me, so I took a giant branch and beat it to death. I remember feeling its bones and its jaw break, and then when it died, I was standing over my dog's body.

That dream still makes me sad.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #29 on: 31 Jan 2012, 18:39 »

I don't usually have sleep paralysis with any hallucinations or dreams, I'm just awake and can't move at all. It was terrifying the first few times but now I just try to keep as calm as I can and wait it out. It usually only lasts a few minutes.

Last year I was writing a paper on child abuse and so I was reading a lot of child abuse case studies. I ended up having this awful nightmare where I was walking around a dilapidated old house and in every room something awful was being done to a child. Like in one room a man was mercilessly beating his son and screaming at him that he was a faggot. In another room a boy was being forced by his mother to rape his little sister (she couldn't have been more than like, 10) because she was a "slut".

I don't always wake up from nightmares all shakey and crying but when I do I accidently the whole thing.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #30 on: 31 Jan 2012, 18:56 »

The last time I lucid-dreamed, I was able to hold it for about 10 seconds, and then the dream just...dissolved away.  Kind of like how if you throw a piece of paper on a fire and how it...burns, I guess, that's the best way to describe it.

Sleep paralysis is utterly terrifying. My mother actually had me convinced for some years as a child that it was demons attacking me in my sleep.
It's happened to me once as well.  I'm 99% certain it was sleep paralysis and I was just dreaming about what I saw in the corner of my room, but god alive, I didn't sleep for the rest of that night.

What did I see?  Death.  Full on visage of Death.  Just a formless, shimmering mass of black against the black of my dark room, except I could also see his skull (missing its lower jaw) and the spinal column attached to it extending into the blackness.

A big upshot of being able to lucid dreams is that if I wake up from a dream, as long as I go to sleep within a few minutes I can come back to the dream, more or less where I left off.
This happened to me when I had a dream about being in a special forces team and getting shot in the head.  Basically, I take the bullet (felt like getting hit in the forehead by a hammer), and lay there for a few seconds before I...die, I guess, because the dream ends.  I sit up, look around the room, and I can still see the dream landscape superimposed over reality.  Before I know it, I fall back asleep...and wake up in a dream (same one?) in an operating room with a team of surgeons leaning over me saying, "He's gonna make it."  The dream then proceeds into me being a brain-damaged POW (I was shot in the head after all...) in a compound that looked exactly like my high school that was controlled by the people who shot me earler.

There was also another dream I died in...  I was a samurai in feudal Japan and I was in a battle, and I get decapitated.  Even better, when I wake up, I look down at my hands, and I'm still holding my katana, even though I'm wide awake.  It vanished, though, when I blinked in surprise, but my hands were still formed around open air as if I had been holding something.

The thing is, though, that at the time I had that dream, I knew next to nothing about Japan except pretty much what a katana was.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #31 on: 31 Jan 2012, 19:48 »

I've died several times in dreams...

I think my favorite time was this dream where I ran off of a cliff, and hit the ground. Then the narrator (because of course that dream had a narrator!) said "And then I was dead.............

...............wait.. no, I had actually only broken my arm" and then the dream just went from there.

@Mister D, only the ones I remember well. I guess I'm just not as attuned to happiness.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2012, 19:59 by TRVA123 »

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #32 on: 31 Jan 2012, 22:04 »

Sometimes I realize I'm in a dream, but I still can't do anything about it.  For instance, a few months ago I had this dream that I was driving me and my girlfriend around my hometown for some reason and I realized it was a dream.  I thought to myself "this is a dream, we can totally make out right now" but no matter how hard I tried to turn my head, I couldn't turn it to look at her. 

I've also had those dreams where I can't hit someone with any strength at all.  I remember one where a friend of mine was petting a kitten, and then a guy from my hall walked up and punched it in the face.  then all of a sudden the kitten was a little 5 year old boy, and I wanted to go up and punch the guy who punched the kid in the face.  I walked up to him and tried, but couldn't get any force behind my swings.  Then he picked me up, wrapped his arms aroudn me such that my arms were pinned to my side, and jumped really high in the air.  At the apex of his jump I headbutted him, he let go of me and fell down to teh ground.  Somehow I was then on the ground to see him fall from the sky and impact. 

I also remember one really detailed dream from my freshman year in college that started with my neighbor (future roommate) being a small squirrel out to kill President Obama and ended with me and him (still a squirrel) hiding from a southern farmer with a shotgun as we tried to kill him with sticks.  At the very end I was sneaking around a tree to stab the farmer with a stick, and right as I was about to lunge my alarm clock rang and in real life I rolled over and thrusted my arm out, shoving my alarm clock the the ground where the batteries popped out.

There was also an icecream shop that served lettuce icecream, and me and my freshman gang of friends were a legit gang that robbed stores and stuff.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #33 on: 31 Jan 2012, 22:17 »

I have nightmares sometimes where I'll "wake up" in my own bed and then something will be outside my window trying to kill me and I'll run into my hallway. While this is happening I have the distinct thought "this isn't a dream". From here I can "wake up" and do this seven or eight times. It's scary because it takes place in my room. In my bed.

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
  • Hai. Zorro here. Any CC?
« Reply #34 on: 31 Jan 2012, 23:02 »

Tonight was an awesome dreaming party!

First of I went to Harvard in the grounds there, on the backside of a building half filled with glass on the first floor (thats the floor you enter :X) there was a group of students doing a classical recital. They were playing Metallica - Nothing Else Matters. I realised they actually played the Star Wars theme when that dream was over.

After that dream I dreamt going to the chinese restaurant with my mom, sister and brother. I now realise this is the first dream in a setting like this where my father is absent. He died 5 years ago. Well, not to get all sentimental, at the restaurant my mom ordered me my food instead of picking it myself. So I got a glass of red wine which I just played with a lot, spilling it, putting it upside down on the table etc...

Afterwards I removed myself from that room and went upstairs where people from the students group I am in are... They were listening to music on the stairs looking at a room where a band is playing.  The band is rock/metal but with a dance/DnB kind of undertone, the beat wasn't anything weird tho. The female singer was standing in the middle of the crowd once we were up. She almost had skrillex hair, but she faked it by moving all hair to one side, clipping it up and letting it fall. There were two guitar or bass playing girls with the most beautiful hair I know (pretty curly all the way, length till the shoulders) and the music was 3chord awesomeness.

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #35 on: 01 Feb 2012, 06:59 »

Last night I had a dream where I was sitting on a bus and the bus driver kept telling me that my cat was sick. Like, so sick that it was in a coma and frozen into a position you might see in taxidermy. He described it in a way that made it seem like he was trying to torture me. Why the bus driver knew what was happening to my cat is beyond me.

Then, he pulled a big black garbage bag out of nowhere, told me it was my cat and tossed it into a big garbage bin. I got out of my seat and starting punching him while he was driving, telling him that he was a monster and it was disrespectful to just dump the cat in the garbage and drive away. I was pounding on this guy until he forced me off the bus. Then, my fiance was standing there and I was sobbing, telling him that the cat was dead and I missed her so much. I went on and described everything to him and he looked into my eyes and said "It's ok, it was just a dream. Fuzz is still alive!" Then I asked him where she was and I woke up.

And the cat was sitting on my dresser, staring at me.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #36 on: 01 Feb 2012, 14:22 »

The last dream I had that I can remember included me and a friend deciding to go do some drugs - I don't think the kind was ever mentioned, only that they were drugs. The dream was pretty much us just going from place to place, not finding anything.

The most horrible dream I've ever had was probably in tenth grade or something like that. It was basically me catching the retarded guy in our class raping small children in the school shower. It was just... horrible from end to finish - as I was dragging him away from the kid, he told me his whole life story of abuse from his own father. I don't know anyone in real life that I know has been abused or has abused someone. Jesus.

Then there's the fever dreams and fantasies - they are the same every time I have a bad enough fever. Last time was just after new years, the day before I got bad enough to study my own bile. I both dream about and fantasize about strange geometric figures and properties. I keep trying to thin of ways for them to fit, but I never can, and I get more and more desperate. I could not describe it any closer - I don't think the things I imagine could actually exist in this world. Last time I was pacing around in my living room, chugging water and grabbing my head and focusing intensely on making the figures and their lack of solutions and sense go away. I actually go insane - proper, good old fashioned insane - for short periods of time when I have a fever. I'm not sure if it's a weird dream that I can't shake while awake, or if it's my brain playing some other trick.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #37 on: 01 Feb 2012, 14:37 »

At least you don't do that without a fever.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #38 on: 01 Feb 2012, 14:48 »

10/12/10   While on visit to my university I am sent to find a macabre children's book and a battered stuffed animal to donate to charity. After I find the book I am riding the escalator up from the university subway station/library when I am confronted by Darth Vader. He takes the book and when I try to chase after him I am stopped by storm troopers who force me to walk backwards because I am still on the escalator.

alienatedduck

• Emoticontraindication
    • The Dog And Louse
« Reply #39 on: 02 Feb 2012, 06:14 »

I've always had bizarre dreams. The most recent I remember involved getting lost in a museum with a friend, before rushing off to chase someone who was either a friend of mine, or a guy from a band I like, but he was walking really quickly so I decided to get on a bus. The bus then went a bit crazy, and started crashing through hedges and onto fields. It almost ran over some old people.

Then I had one where there were two new flavours of Ben and Jerry's. AND they were on offer. £1.24 to be precise. It was so disappointing to wake up from...

My dreams are always simultaneously weird and yet so boring. Buses feature way too often.

Except that one time I went water skiing with Heath Ledger. For some reason...

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #40 on: 04 Feb 2012, 10:43 »

Ok, see this rage comic?

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Kill+it_1ec394_3262406.jpg

I had a dream last night that I was in a fight with a guy with this exact feature.  He could just extend his arm out at will and smack me from six feet away and I couldn't do anything to him  :-(
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2012, 15:34 by pwhodges »

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #41 on: 04 Feb 2012, 14:55 »

Ok, see this rage comic?

No, and a copy+paste of the address redirects to the FunnyJunk home page...
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #42 on: 04 Feb 2012, 17:46 »

I dreamt at 3 in the afternoon whilst reading for studies. I was so tired I started daydreaming :X

I just looked like i was reading... :psyduck:

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #43 on: 04 Feb 2012, 19:45 »

Ok, see this rage comic?

No, and a copy+paste of the address redirects to the FunnyJunk home page...
Wtf.  Why is the Internet eating my images? (this is happening on other forums too...)

Zingoleb

« Reply #44 on: 04 Feb 2012, 22:34 »

Re-host?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #45 on: 05 Feb 2012, 00:01 »

If you have logged in to your image host, it may then show you stuff that no one else gets shown. Perhaps you have to mark things as public to let us see them, or maybe use a different form of the URL.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Zingoleb

« Reply #46 on: 05 Feb 2012, 00:21 »

Funnyjunk has a fairly odd way to avoid hotlinking; it redirects to the main page, which is a bit useless.

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #47 on: 05 Feb 2012, 03:26 »

i just dreamed I had to penisses. And one penis penetrated the other...

srsly dreams.  :psyduck:

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #48 on: 05 Feb 2012, 04:19 »

I had a dream that I was being eaten from the inside out while forced to watch porn.

Zingoleb

« Reply #49 on: 05 Feb 2012, 04:42 »

I feel that way a lot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Up