THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 20:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Cooking Thread?  (Read 454527 times)

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
Re: A Cooking Thread?
« Reply #2300 on: 12 Jul 2021, 02:48 »

My wife was Puerto Rican, plantains are awesome and versatile sf.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Gyrre

« Reply #2301 on: 09 Jan 2022, 21:16 »

I've been watching Sohla El-Waylly's Ancient Recipes show recently and it's been pretty good.
I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe. It's just rice, anko, rock sugar, and rice flour.

a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

« Reply #2302 on: 01 Feb 2022, 20:41 »

Is there a pizza (not a pizzeria) called Panama pizza? The name was floated by a coworker for the pizza I concocted last night.
It's got a base of salsa instead of marianara, pepperjack and American white cheddar cheese[1], honey ham, habaneros[2], crushed pineapple[3], onions, and pepperoni[4].

[1]in two different layers to help hold the pineapple layer. This does make it to where it requires cooling the pizza to prevent the toppings from all sliding off.
[2] Some spiciness and a bit of zing to tie the sweetness and savoriness together.
[3] crushed spread more or less evenly across the pie to change the texture profile.
[4] the pepperoni and chopped onions go on top of everything else.

It's a mix of American southwest and Sicilian cuisine if that helps with other name suggestions.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

DeceinCoat

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2303 on: 09 Apr 2022, 03:41 »

I like to cook food, but what goes wrong with me. Always, I'm thinking to try a new dish, and at the end of the story, I forget to ingredients' names that are memorized. I think it needs to keep a note.
Unique shisha bowls for great smoking experience

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2304 on: 28 Jun 2022, 17:51 »

For dinner tonight, we made (and had) Onigiri for the first time. It was pretty easy and the kids liked stirring in the seasoning and molding them into triangles and adding the nori. It was surprisingly good. Next time we'll make some teriyaki chicken and add it as a filling.

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #2305 on: 13 Jul 2022, 14:09 »

So, first of all, great work.

I am starting to get really into East Asian cuisine - not so much Chinese, but Korean and a bit of Thai and especially Japanese.

I'm looking into recipes of how to do it myself, but I am obsessed with gyoza and don't feel capable of making them yet. Conveniently there is a Korean market on campus where I work, so I have picked out a packet of frozen ones I will get to accompany the curry and possibly soup I will eventually make.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2306 on: 13 Jul 2022, 19:57 »

Here is my 3rd attempt at onigiri. Teriyaki Chicken stuffed and Penguin shaped ones. First time stuffing them and also first time using a mold and cutter.

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]   Go Up