THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 04:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 348203 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #1050 on: 29 Apr 2014, 04:30 »

I had a dream in which I had a very detailed conversation with the Character Dexter from the T.V. show of the same name.

The conversation was... interesting... to say the least.

Also I've absorbed some down right disturbing shit from crime procedurals over the years.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #1051 on: 29 Apr 2014, 08:58 »

Ugh I had a dream that made me think "Jesus Christ dude, play less video games".

A few times when I've been playing a lot of Fallout 3 or New Vegas, when trying to sleep I've thought about hitting select to open the wait box.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1052 on: 30 Apr 2014, 10:19 »

I had a dream with my ex wife in it, naked. That's all I remember about it, and I wish I didn't.

Ah fuck man. I had a dream about Camille last night. Woke up crying. What the fuck why is this happening
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1053 on: 30 Apr 2014, 12:44 »

I almost wish I knew the context. I think it'd be more comforting. It might've been a dream of just a random hatefuck hookup. I could deal with that emotionally. But I am DONE with her, and I'm not even angry at her any more (Christ knows I should be though) but I just don't want her in my brain AT ALL, thanks.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
« Reply #1054 on: 08 May 2014, 21:59 »

I had a dream that I was a student in some kind of fascist retro-future Britain when a nuclear attack happened.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1055 on: 08 May 2014, 22:12 »

Ugh I had a dream that made me think "Jesus Christ dude, play less video games".
Back when I played WoW way more than was healthy, I sometimes wondered what it would be like to dream of playing WoW and having my char suddenly stop, turn and face the screen, and tell me to go outside and take a break from the game.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1056 on: 09 May 2014, 02:19 »

I almost wish I knew the context. I think it'd be more comforting. It might've been a dream of just a random hatefuck hookup. I could deal with that emotionally. But I am DONE with her, and I'm not even angry at her any more (Christ knows I should be though) but I just don't want her in my brain AT ALL, thanks.

I'm in the same boat, except for the 'not even angry' bit. I don't think I'm ever going to completely forgive her, and to be honest, having recently run into/spoken with her brother, neither has her family (which I suppose could feel like it somehow vindicates me, but I don't take any joy from it regardless of how bad her leaving hurt; hell, I feel worse for the 15 year old black lab she raised from puppyhood and then abandoned). Frankly I really just want to forget I ever knew her. But... when it comes to whether or not she enters my thoughts during my dreams, my wishes are apparently a nonvoting member of the crew.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #1057 on: 10 May 2014, 21:38 »

I had a dream last night that someone asked me for a bowl of vanilla ice cream with potato chip crumbs sprinkled on top.  I have not tried this in the waking world, but now I want to!

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #1058 on: 12 May 2014, 07:24 »

I had a dream last night that someone asked me for a bowl of vanilla ice cream with potato chip crumbs sprinkled on top.  I have not tried this in the waking world, but now I want to!

The crunch might be nice, but they'd have to be lightly salted chips or something.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #1059 on: 13 May 2014, 06:12 »

In my old hometown.  Down near the library, find a little shop that sells paintings and used books.  Two girls in there, one blond, one redhead.  I seem to know them both, but get absorbed in looking at used books.

Flip, I'm on a couch, talking to redhead.  She says "I know you like girls X and Y".  I'm pretty sure X is the blonde, but I can't decide if she's telling me she knows I'm interested in her too and she's not interested, or if she has no idea I like her.  Since I don't understand the subtext, I don't know how to proceed.

Anxiety dreams are awful.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1060 on: 13 May 2014, 07:38 »

Every time I see this thread in any capacity, I sing the first few bars of "I Dreamed a Dream"

I think I've said this before.

:psyduck:
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1061 on: 13 May 2014, 07:40 »

I was panicking so much last night that I dreamed Big E Langston (RASSLER) invited me out for drinks and consoled me about my college workload. He said once I got my marks he'd give me a puppy.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1062 on: 13 May 2014, 11:39 »

Every time I see this thread in any capacity, I sing the first few bars of "I Dreamed a Dream"

I think I've said this before.

Or maybe you just dreamt it.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1063 on: 13 May 2014, 12:09 »

:wow:

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #1064 on: 13 May 2014, 19:58 »

Last night I dreamed I was exploring the bottom of an ocean trench in a bathyscaphe. There was a "glowing crack" like the one from "Pacific Rim". Then I was teaching in a bush school with a wooden frame and corrugated-iron walls in Africa, I guess from the very black kids. For some reason, I was teaching them Chinese. I worry about my subconscious sometimes.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1065 on: 13 May 2014, 23:22 »

Mine treated me to a dream about getting my torque wrench calibrated.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Schmee

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #1066 on: 14 May 2014, 01:57 »

Did Kugai steal it?
work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder 
make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better 
do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster 
raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #1067 on: 14 May 2014, 09:47 »

I dreamt that a lesbian couple, former coworkers of my wife; took US to court to force us into a poly marriage.  They wanted to be married to us because a. their house was being foreclosed,  b. they wanted access to my medical benefits and c. despite being 15 years older than us, wanted our sperm/eggs for IVF treatments for them.
I remember sitting in court, feeling outraged and awaiting the final ruling.

Then I woke up.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1068 on: 15 May 2014, 00:16 »

Last night I think I dreamt about having Latin classes. Which is weird, because I'm actually taking Arabic classes.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1069 on: 15 May 2014, 04:55 »

When I finally got to sleep last night I got to dream about flying an X-wing... nothing really weird there, I'm just really disappointed I woke up.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1070 on: 19 May 2014, 03:23 »

I had a really weird dream last night that I was breastfeeding a load of babies in the hospital.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #1071 on: 19 May 2014, 06:40 »

So your dream job is to be a wet nurse?
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1072 on: 19 May 2014, 06:46 »

Haha I guess you could say that! I think I was doing it as a midwife though, I was definitely at work and part of some kind of rota. I think one of the babies had a clip in his mouth or something? I can only remember weird fragments.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #1073 on: 19 May 2014, 07:11 »

Goddamn

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1074 on: 10 Jun 2014, 11:13 »

Real life: I had an appointment at 10, so I set my alarm for 9. I woke up to my alarm at 9, turned it off, and fell back asleep.

Dream: Suddenly I came to my home and saw the door was forced open. It had been burgled, it couldn't have been more than an hour ago. First I look around at the people who are milling about to see if any of them have my stuff, but none did and they were apparently victims as well. I approached some nearby policemen who were in conversation. They told me, in Dutch, "What do you want, American? You're not injured." I replied, "I'm not an American, and I've been robbed." Since they were obviously unhelpful, I went inside to see if any stuff was missing. I checked the only things I have worth stealing: Laptop, phone, TV. The TV was gone. I don't care, I thought to myself, I never watch TV anyway. My laptop was partly disassembled, the screen having been removed from the base. And the whole time I was so stressed that I thought, this has to be a dream. Could it? I sat down, closed my eyes and tried to wake up. I could tell I felt sleepy, which should have told me everything, but I couldn't actually wake up. I tried to recall what had happened previously, and everything from coming home to that point seemed like a cohesive and realistic series of events. I had no recollection of waking up less than half an hour before. So I kind of abandoned my theory.

When I went to turn on my laptop, the screen that had come off was actually still working! I showed this to someone else (a blank 'placeholder person' in my mind, literally nobody) in amazement, and found out that it was actually designed to come off the laptop and function separately. I could see an intricate mechanism of cylinders and pegs, and exactly how they anchored the screen in place normally but also how a specific series of manipulations would make it come off cleanly. A short time later I woke up, suddenly remembering I had an appointment, and noticed I'd overslept 45 minutes since my alarm went off. And still made the appointment!

The actual weird things about that dream: the home bore no resemblance to any place that I have lived in, I don't actually own a TV and the one in the dream belongs to my parents, my laptop screen obviously does not come off, and I think closing my eyes in-dream is actually not helpful at all to waking up. And uh, I'm not an American. And I didn't remember any of this when I woke up, it only gradually came back to me as I was on my way to the university.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LocoJoe

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #1075 on: 10 Jun 2014, 15:06 »

A few years ago I was really stressed from being at work too much that I actually had a dream that I was working. Going through a normal day, nothing crazy was happening, except that whenever I talked to a customer, I was talking in my sleep. I was so loud in fact that my then roommate had to wake me up.
"No one's going to draw you a map. You gotta walk your own path."

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #1076 on: 10 Jun 2014, 20:44 »

during a quick power nap today I had a extremely detailed dream/ nightmare.
I was somewhere on a beautiful beach, with people around.
I was laid out on a chair, and then watched this massive wave curl in, but it was like 100+ meters over my head...
and it was coming and coming and coming, over arching me and reaching clear back to the hotels.
All the people were screaming and running.
But I laid there, just refusing to let this water ruin my day.
I woke up when the wave broke and it started to come down on me...

freaky.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #1077 on: 12 Jun 2014, 09:23 »

I just woke up from a long and weird and intense dream(s).

First there was one about surviving a tornado hiding in the bathroom of a home depot, and then looking for a plane crash after that turned out to be smugglers.  But that/those are just boring what ever dreams.

The last one was long and rambly and emotionally intense.  I just woke up from it anxious and emotional.  It's long, but I'll leave out the irrelevant details.

There was some guy a politician I think, and I can't remember most of the start now, but he and I had some forbidden relationship that he wanted to take further, but which I was scared to.  He sat at a desk next to me, even though I was in love with him I think, but I didn't want to be made a public spectacle of. He was smart an witty, but sometimes an asshole, you know they type. 

Anyways he tried to get me to follow him somewhere, and I refused and he got mad and said that was it, he was done.  And something about does it all really mean anything anyways.  Which was not a "do you even love me?" statement, but a like accusation about the nature of reality. Which I sighed at. Any ways he left and when he returned he was engaged to a young girl, 13 maybe? (this was acceptable in the context of my dream, it was like an old royal wedding, she was to be sent back to live with her family after the marriage). 

Any way at this point my dream adds the detail that he was meant to marry my sister in law who recently died of cancer.  I have to make the wedding cake for this.  I am standing in a cubical/house of someone else as the wedding proceeds being angry because I am convinced this is all about me.  And everyone is just "oh he's so eccentric" and I'm like "no, he is planning something, he is mad at me, and this is some elaborate plot to get at me."  Everyone thinks I am crazy.  He is being just terrible.  At one point he makes a toast to cancer for taking his former bride away and freeing him to marry this one, and I'm outraged, but unable to say anything.

Then he looks back at me, and says something again about does it actually mean anything? and he disappears. The crowd is in shock, but when he disappears he leaves a pile of newspapers with articles about him, and there is a bulletin board of my mementos, that has been there the whole time i guess, Stamps and postcards mostly, and when he disappears they all change from what ever image was on them to just text.  Like "29 cent flag stamp" or "image of mountains" and I run out of my hiding place screaming and sobbing, like my world has ended, not just because he is gone, but because I understand what he was asking.  And nothing has fixed meaning and the keepsakes are meaningless now, the life I had been holding on to is just gone.  I don't have a future with him and I no longer have the past I was letting prevent me from being with him.  And I am making a public spectacle of myself sobbing and people are trying to read the newspapers and figure out what it means.  I remember one had a flight plan (I guess he was a pilot too?) and it assumed his plan could teleport or something because there was a chunk missing, and some man said "see he was just crazy!" and sobbing me just starts yelling no everything was intentional, that he understood, but I couldn't. I'm just just inconsolable. 

The only memento that is left is a new one, which is these stalks of some ornamental grass in a clear bag which has "Leaves of Grass" stamped on the front.

This might be the weirdest, esoteric dream I have ever had.  But if you know anything about my intellectual interests, it totally makes sense.  I would have a dream where the emotional crisis is meaning being removed from an object and therefore changing my realty.  Also maybe I should re-read Leaves of Grass? I think I own it. :/
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #1078 on: 12 Jun 2014, 14:32 »

Oh damn, even reading this was intense and disturbing.
...I shouldn't read this thread before sleep - my mind is prone to take stuff from here and run with it.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1079 on: 12 Jun 2014, 18:27 »

Last night I had a dream that my phone bill wasn't as high as I expected.

...Then this morning my bill arrived and it wasn't as high as I expected.

LIFE, EH?

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #1080 on: 12 Jun 2014, 20:33 »

I had this dream two nights ago that I was outside a burning house, and I think I was trying to get in to save something (no, ZoeB, you weren't in the dream), and suddenly I felt like I couldn't breathe in my one nostril.

Turns out I had somehow reached over and turned off my CPAP machine, and it had stopped blowing air, causing it to crimp on my one nostril.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1081 on: 15 Jun 2014, 05:57 »

My dream last night was such wish fulfillment I'm too embarrassed to tell the details but still want to mark the occasion for reasons.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1082 on: 15 Jun 2014, 07:33 »

My dream last night was such wish fulfillment I'm too embarrassed to tell the details but still want to mark the occasion for reasons.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #1083 on: 15 Jun 2014, 07:36 »

Yesterday I was feeling kind of down because I basically have no social life outside of work. Last night I had a dream in which I was quantifying the sources of error in my experiment. I need to get out more.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1084 on: 27 Jun 2014, 08:37 »

I dreamed I got to deliver some equipment to a naval base.  Was some kind of vehicle, which was stuck.

Then I got to fly in a remote-controlled fighter.  The feeling was one of euphoria and familiarity, which was weird, because while I've sad in the back of a fighter before, I've never flown in one.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1085 on: 27 Jun 2014, 15:21 »

Last night I dreamed I somehow acquired two guinea pigs but two became five and five became ten and oh noes there were guinea pigs everywhere and I didn't have enough food for them!!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #1086 on: 29 Jun 2014, 03:05 »

Had a dream last night that I was out with Jeph for his birthday. He drove this weird car, and since I had no intent on drinking, I was worried I wouldn't be able to drive it. I also had no idea what city we were in.
Just another Joe like 46

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1087 on: 30 Jun 2014, 06:11 »

I dreamed I delivered a baby on my own (as in, there was no midwife around) and afterwards a midwife showed me the woman's notes and remarked that she was known to be a "difficult customer" so was impressed that it had all gone so smoothly. As with all my birth-related dreams, the baby was tiny. This dream was much less disturbing than the one a few nights ago when the baby was born with extra legs and many genetic deformities and I accidentally smothered it while trying to hide it from the parents. Horrible dream :(

Omio

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • ... ... ...
« Reply #1088 on: 30 Jun 2014, 06:49 »

...I often get a lot of deja vu.

One that I hope doesn't come a deja vu is a plane crashing into the Children's Aid building (Well, the local equivalent, but point being 'YOU MORBID LITTLE NUB').
...Trying to meta on Tetris is impossible, I swear.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1089 on: 02 Jul 2014, 23:28 »

I had a dream where some girl was talking Polish and I could perfectly understand her (that's all I remember).

(I do not know Polish, except that I am able to recognize it as such and grasp some of the meaning based on word roots).

Edit: I also just remembered I was unnecessarily meam to some smokers. They were smoking inside a building, but that was not was bothered me about them.
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2014, 23:45 by Loki »

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #1090 on: 03 Jul 2014, 02:10 »

I hate dreaming about work because they don't pay you for that time.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1091 on: 08 Jul 2014, 10:10 »

On my second night in the hospital, I had a weird half-awake, half-asleep dream that my hospital bed was a prison cell, a 3D puzzle, armed (as in with weapons) and a spaceship, sorta simultaneously. I hate those dreams. They're even more psychosis-like than usual.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #1092 on: 09 Jul 2014, 17:04 »

You weren't given Tylenol-3 or some similar combination of Tylenol and codeine or Vicodin or whatever, were you? That gave my wife nightmares enough that she refused to take it.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1093 on: 10 Jul 2014, 02:37 »

Nah, just morphine at first and paracetamol later. The morphine had long since worn off then.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1094 on: 10 Jul 2014, 03:45 »

I dreamed I was in high school, and I showed up late for class by bursting in and singing Bowie's Moonage Daydream.

It's difficult to imagine a less likely thing to dream about.

Hmm now that I think about it, I also dreamed I got dressed on my front porch in the dark.  I wonder which dream house that was.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #1095 on: 10 Jul 2014, 05:21 »

Last night I dreamed I was at a conference and went to a bar with the guys from the lab, the Queen of England, and the President of the United States.  :psyduck:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #1096 on: 10 Jul 2014, 05:26 »

I was on this weird ride that was partially like the London Eye and partially like a roller coaster, except I was visiting with Barmymoo and Bainidhe_dub.
Just another Joe like 46

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1097 on: 10 Jul 2014, 08:11 »

Well that was definitely a dream, because I hate rollercoasters.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1098 on: 13 Jul 2014, 02:30 »

I swear I am not making this up, but this is slightly TMI:
(click to show/hide)

... :psyduck:

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1099 on: 13 Jul 2014, 02:34 »

LOL
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29   Go Up