THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347916 times)

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #1150 on: 04 Sep 2014, 17:56 »

I get it.
and now I have a headache.

Weird dream:
I was a minor English noble  in the 1880-90s.  Time travelling.  so were others.
a squad of my retainers and I were trying to stop another time traveler from doing something bad.  (bad??)
gun fight. with black powder pistols.
outnumbered. and bad guys were wearing undercover segmented body armor.
failed. lost 1-2 of my squad.  we retreated.
I spent the rest of the dream trying to get in touch with the Army GHQ and warn them.
but was being thwarted and jumped by enemy time travelers.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #1151 on: 05 Sep 2014, 05:21 »

I was riding through the woods on an ATV (something I've never done before) at night. I ended up going off the trail, and I was attacked by a rabid fox. I ran away, leaving my ATV behind.

Then I was part of a team composed of me and other theatre majors, whose job was to capture the foxes, who had some kind of connection to Sherlock Holmes? (we're in rehearsals for a Holmes play now). I really wanted to get my ATV back, but didn't want to go back out their during the night. Unfortunately, daylight never came before I woke up.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1152 on: 06 Sep 2014, 08:37 »

I had a Five Nights at Freddy's dream and right as I felt safe my cat jumped onto the bed from a shelf, scaring the hell out of me

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #1153 on: 09 Sep 2014, 13:19 »

OK, about two years ago I gave up on this thread, because - well, time partly, but also lack of interest. 

See, I don't dream. 

OK, technically I never remember my dreams, even when I wake in the middle of them.  As far as I know, it stems from a long series of nightmares I had as a kid (around the age of 5), and I managed to develop a really good mental block to protect myself. 

So the night before last, I finally lay down with only about 2 hours until I had to be up.  I lay on my back for a change (my neck's been giving me a bit of trouble) and I was awakened by a dream fucking nightmare in just under an hour.  I had trouble getting back to sleep, but fortunately finally did briefly, though with no further dreams, and none last night - thank god. 

I've told no one about this - it's too gruesome, but i really need to tell someone, so I've chosen y'all.  However, I'm going to spoiler the content of the dream itself, since it involves violence done to a pet and a certain amount of gore.  Sorry if that alone was too much. 

(click to show/hide)
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #1154 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:12 »

Carl, I so seldom dreamt that every one of them was treasured.  Then I started treatment for apnea, and I seem to dream constantly.

Maybe nothing, maybe something?

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #1155 on: 10 Sep 2014, 14:07 »

Pretty sure my issue would take a good bit of therapy to sort out - I sleep fine, and I know I dream, I just block the memories of them really well.  Pretty sure it was something I actively pursued as a kid, so it's pretty deeply ingrained. 

Not really worth the investment of time, money or effort to remove wht's basically a harmless block.  Unless more stuff like that starts getting through...

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #1156 on: 13 Sep 2014, 00:38 »

I dreamed Gareth and I went to see wrestling together and then went to a pub afterwards and ALL THE RASSLERS happened to be there. We kept daring each other to go flirt with them and I'm so disappointed I don't remember beyond that.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1157 on: 13 Sep 2014, 04:32 »

Sounds like something we'd do!
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1158 on: 13 Sep 2014, 09:35 »

Maybe some day we will!

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #1159 on: 16 Sep 2014, 00:14 »

Ugh. I really shouldn't go to sleep dehydrated from alcohol.

In the dream, a friend of a friend called me while I was out with friends at some market. The reception was bad, but I understood she urgently needed my help and to come to a certain subway station. (There is no subway in my town).
I am reluctant to help, but she doesn't really understand me due to the bad reception or due to being obviously stressed, and tells me over and over she needs my help. So I rush there using public commute (could have taken a taxi, in hindsight). I see all kinds of people from our mutual circle of friends heading in the same direction.
In one of the trains I am taking in that direction, I meet my father. (IRL, he is dead and I hate him.) I find his presence confusing, but think he might be able to help me because at this point I suspect the girl who called me is crazy, and since he is paranoid, he would thus know about loony logic. And indeed, he briefs me a bit about what is going on - apparently, the mother of the girl who called me is dead. He is also there to help. I cannot remember much more of the briefing.

Our train is in a subway tunnel. We exit the train at some point to go through one of the maintenance tunnels connecting the subway tunnels to enter another train which is standing there waiting for us. So basically, we take a shortcut through the tunnel system. This saves us a lot of time.
On my way, I see more people heading in the same direction. Particularly, my stidy partner.
At some point I am sitting at a table with him and his unrequited crush (who is also a part of the circle of friends called for help). Then she starts kissing him for something sweet he said, and he  is surprised (as am I), but of course enthusiastically kisses her back.
Side note: My brain has this thing where it will sometimes replace areas it cannot simulate in a dream with a black area. This is what happens at this point with the two of them snogging, which is justified in-dream by me looking away to give them some privacy.
At this point, or some other, it starts falling apart as I realize this is a dream.

All this time, there was a heavy feeling of stress and dread - I think it would best be described as "gritty". I read a plot summary of the dream on Wikipedia just to see how much shittier it gets.
Then I wake up.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1160 on: 25 Sep 2014, 09:55 »

So I think I've adjusted my apnea mandibular brace about as far forward as I will for now.  My lower jaw now has very little range of motion with it in.

So the last 3 nights, coincidentally or otherwise, have been filled with very vivid dreams.

3 nights ago I was involved in a complicated prison break with River Song.
Last night, I had a dream that I just realized may have been related to a dream I had months and months ago, about my sister and her family.

I need to start writing them down more, now that they're not so rare that I always remember them....

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #1161 on: 28 Sep 2014, 19:46 »

It took me a while to place her, but River Song was in the series ER. 

Well, the actress was.  I had a nagging feeling I knew her from somewhere...

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1162 on: 29 Sep 2014, 12:06 »

It took me a while to place her, but River Song was in the series ER. 

Well, the actress was.  I had a nagging feeling I knew her from somewhere...

Really? I recognised that instantly and wondered what the fuck she'd been acting in for the previous decade.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #1163 on: 29 Sep 2014, 20:16 »

I'm not a regular doctor watcher, so I'd only seen her once or twice.  And I wasn't a regular ER watcher, either. 

I've become a regular watcher with Capaldi.  My older daughter hijacks me (willingly) every Saturday. 

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1164 on: 06 Oct 2014, 03:00 »

Not sure which was weirder, dreaming we were all 40 years old and back in high school, or my friend telling me she still writes paper letters to her cousin.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1165 on: 06 Oct 2014, 03:20 »

I had a back in high school dream as well. Not your average high school, though. Firstly, at one point there was a levitating, statue-like feminine supervision android that looked like it was made by Apple, which ensured people were doing their work. Attendance lists were also scattered everywhere and I had to write my name down multiple times. At one point I was in a library on off-school-time with a lanky, bad teacher and a girl (she had no appearance). The teacher told her that she didn't need to be here and that she should go home, but apparently that didn't count for me. Later on me and some other people discovered a room full of interacting toy blocks (for lack of a better description; they were unlike lego) and wasted some time in there. Eventually we heard the supervisor's voice through the wall and I left, after which I encountered him on the stairs and he asked me if I got a lot of work done, with a very obscure turn of phrase, which I pointed out to him to deflect the question.

This dream was probably influenced by the fact I have hardly gotten any work done since returning from Sweden.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #1166 on: 06 Oct 2014, 03:50 »

Last week I started having nightmares all of the time. Most involve standing on a high ledge or building or balcony and being uneasy on my feet and falling down.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1167 on: 13 Oct 2014, 07:26 »

I was in a supermarket (seemed to be Lidl) where they were giving away piles and piles of assorted products; food, hygiene products, kitchen utilities, you name it, anyone could just take it for free. Another shopper said "I can't believe they're just giving this stuff away!" I replied "I know, I'm just waiting to wake up from this dream, because it's too good to be true!"

Then later I had to deal with a giant immortal earthworm that could regenerate any injury, burrow through almost any material and squeeze through the tighest spaces to escape. Later I noticed that any bits that came off while I was inflicting grievous harm on it would regenerate into even more tiny earthworms. That was not a nice dream.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1168 on: 13 Oct 2014, 12:17 »

Was it a siege worm?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1169 on: 13 Oct 2014, 13:16 »

Lots of death in my dreams lately. All of other people. It's bumming me out.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1170 on: 13 Oct 2014, 16:09 »

Was it a siege worm?
*searches* I see a MTG Siege Wyrm and a Civ: Beyond Earth Siege Worm. The one I mentioned was not 'colossal', but rather 'enormous'; a worm this size could conceivably exist, maybe in a prehistoric environment.

'Giant' is kind of ambiguous as it could refer to a giant squid but also a giant monster. Those are at least two orders of magnitude apart. I wonder how one would order the different descriptors of vastness. BRB, English thread.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #1171 on: 15 Oct 2014, 16:59 »

I had a dream last night where
(click to show/hide)
I suppose I should call it a nightmare.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2014, 17:17 by Akima »
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #1172 on: 15 Oct 2014, 19:32 »

....that's pretty fucking brutal Akima. I didn't know you had it in you.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #1173 on: 16 Oct 2014, 04:04 »

How d'you think I feel about it! I don't like the idea of that sort of think lurking in my subconscious.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #1174 on: 16 Oct 2014, 04:12 »

extreme violence lurks in everyone's subconscious.
we happen to be a very violent species.

but

the fact that the dream upsets you is a sign of your goodness.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1175 on: 16 Oct 2014, 08:45 »

You don't have to be violent to have dreams about violence, 'subconsciously' or not. Gruesome dreams can happen to anyone. I used to dream about my own suicide often, doesn't mean I'm suicidal.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1176 on: 18 Oct 2014, 08:04 »

I don't dream often (or I just don't remember them when I wake up), so when I have the same dream several times, it kinda freaks me out.

Apparently I watch Godzilla movies too much, because I keep dreaming that I'm one of the people in the evacuation scenes. I run for hours trying to get away from the giant monster, I'm carrying suitcases that I can't let go of, and I don't know where to go because I can't understand what anyone's saying or read anything because I don't know Japanese.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #1177 on: 20 Oct 2014, 00:07 »

Not quite a dream but,,,,

This is what happens in my head late at night with little sleep. To the tune of I Dreamed a Dream from Le Mis, a snippet of "I Dream of Naval Gunfire Support"

I dream a dream of days gone by
When squids had actual weapons
and did real fighting
I dreamed those shells would fall true
I dreamed their aim would be forgiving

Then I was young and unafraid
So fire calls were made and never wasted
There were no restrictions to be paid
No pill box unshelled
No call for fires wasted
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1178 on: 25 Oct 2014, 04:33 »

I had a weird dream.

I was somewhat alone, nobody was looking at me, everyone just passed by without noticing me. I was awkward around everyone and thought I was hideous, because I didn't know how I looked.

And then I found a mirror, and what I saw in it was beautiful. I was beautiful.

I didn't know whose mirror it was or if the mirror felt it was appropriate to show me my face, but we didn't care, I felt so much better with the mirror than I ever did without it. We'd always be together, looking at each other and the mirror made me feel at ease with myself. At some point I forgot it wasn't mine.

Of course, at that point its previous owner came up to me and violently requested his mirror back, and in the struggle, the mirror fell to the ground. The shattering made my insides turn, like the shattered mirror was just a reflection of my heart shattering at the same time.

I kneeled down to pick it back up (other owner had disappeared into thin air), taking the handle and turning it around to see. All I saw was shattered glass, and my reflection, broken beyond recognition. And seeing myself broken like that made me so sad I woke up, feeling nauseous.

I don't like metaphors.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1179 on: 30 Oct 2014, 05:29 »

I think in my dream 2 nights ago I must have been the world record holder for running down stairs.   Another house exploration dream, sort of.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1180 on: 04 Nov 2014, 06:45 »

I dreamt that I was watching a pride of lions migrate to a part of the African savannah that was chaotic and lawless, and established themselves as kings to rule over the other animals, which would lead to the events of The Lion King.

Now I suddenly wish that a prequel to The Lion King was a real thing.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1181 on: 12 Dec 2014, 06:14 »

After 2 days without my mandibular advancement device, I used it again last night while I slept.  I expected vivid dreams, and was not disappointed.

Basically, I dreamed a long team/class trip to South Korea.

While there was too much to recount, two things stand out:
- South Koreans will stop anything to sing along with I Heard It Through The Grapevine when played in public loudspeakers.  It's impolite not to join them.
- This is all akima's fault.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1182 on: 16 Dec 2014, 22:32 »

My dreams include Lovcraftian nightmares, the end of the universe, and other horrific things all the time (my mind is a freaky place).  But I had one today that recently *really* freaked-me out.  I don't know where it came from, but out of nowhere, I had this dream where I had the kind of vertigo that I had when I had an inner-ear infection from hell, and was staggering around like I had just knocked down more booze than a human could possibly live through (wasn't actually drunk in the dream, though), and just was blindly just crashing into everything and everyone, getting a load of bruises and a few cracked ribs in the process.

Not as strange as the one I had where it was the end of the universe, there were zombie bikers everywhere, and I had to kiss a former gf goodbye so that I could restart the universe by detonating.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1183 on: 17 Dec 2014, 06:30 »

Weird multi-part disjointed dream, including a new house (!)

First part, weird Doctor Whovian pocket universe where everything is static.  I think I figured out the key to restoring dynacism to the universe.  I had to go back onto a plane and retrieve a yellow plastic tile, then climb over a small ice hill.  No, I don't know why.  Possibly Missy nemesis, though.

Last part was questing against some nemesis.  Sister of a friend from high school was there.  Topless, bizarrely.  She went off with Galahad (the knight, somehow).  Got waylaid by a corrupt cop (in NYC I think), but she's apparently tough enough to handle the most corrupt cop around.

Meanwhile, I found Sir Lancelot in a napkin.  No, it didn't make sense to me either.  He was going to help me with some other part of the plan against nemesis.

Middle part:  Large house on a lake.  New house, new location, not related obviously to any existing part of my dream geography.

My sister's family were staying with us for xmas.  The house has 2 floors, the ground floor, lake side, there's a "living room" littered with couches, sofas and chairs of disparate styles.  Easily seating for 20+ people.  That fit with the scope of the house, which could easily accommodate that many people.

The house was on a peninsula, a small one, off a main north/south (?) highway.  I drove around it a bit, so I got a good idea of the layout of the land.  Fairly hilly country, but then, hills/lakes/trees is my home country.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1184 on: 21 Dec 2014, 07:38 »

Last night I had a long dream about someone, at my request, trying to explain the Axiom of Choice to me. At one point he made an analogy involving a train full of numbers and I objected that even with an infinite train the number of train cars would be countable and therefore wouldn't be enough to carry all possible numbers, even if you could fit aleph-null numbers into each car.

I have no idea where that came from unless it was somehow triggered by driving past a building that had a sign "Infinity Molding and Assembly" during waking hours.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #1185 on: 21 Dec 2014, 08:19 »

So, uh, do you still need it explained?.. I am not sure I could do it, honestly, although we covered it this year.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1186 on: 21 Dec 2014, 13:28 »

I'll check Wikipedia.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #1187 on: 21 Dec 2014, 17:25 »

It's a lot smarter than my dream that I had last night where everyone in the world was saved by giant penises. Something about evil being driven out by by super long cock.

I sure hope that it wasn't a premonition.
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #1188 on: 03 Apr 2015, 04:53 »

In the last dream I was developing a novel. I wasn't living in the dream, but only worldbuilding. But because it was a dream there are way too many plotholes and nonsense. It was supposed to take place in an underground parking lot, in a post apocalyptic world. After a terrorist attack caused a nuclear war based on a misunderstanding (Terrorists somehow detonating a nuclear bomb, the US believing that was an attack from another country, causing a retaliation strike).
The dream involved a handful of people living in a civil protection bunker in an underground parking lot, dealing with a multitude of problems, many of them caused by nuclear fallout.

This was weird. But I also somehow wonder, whether I could really throw away a big portion of it, and use the rest.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Active Madness

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #1189 on: 04 Apr 2015, 03:34 »

Last night, I fell asleep with two nicotine lozenges in my mouth. I had a strange dream.

I was living in a huge, dilapidated building. Think the building in Blade Runner, but on an epic scale. Everything was dusty, broken and turn of the 19th to 20th century.

I was practicing a form of shamanism using fungi, moss and lichens. Stuff like that. I was also substituting cosmetics for various things.

In one part of the dream, I had to sneak past some thugs, so I covered myself in concealer.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1190 on: 04 Apr 2015, 03:40 »

Been playing Shadowrun recently?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

happyninja42

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1191 on: 04 Apr 2015, 09:42 »

I had a dream once where I was...I think running from someone, and ended up in front of this really deep, black pit.  If I recall correctly (it's been many years since this dream), I fell into the pit, or was pushed, and the next thing I knew, I was in another chamber, with lots of people in it.   

I was pretty certain I was dead, and this was the afterlife.  I looked around, and saw people were walking in lines, like you would have at the bank.  Long, weaving back and forth lines, complete with little handrails at waist height, but the handrails were odd, in that they all glowed with this multicolored luminescense, sort of like multicolored glowsticks.  The people would keep one hand on the rails, and walk slowly up and down the massive chamber.  Some would walk "upstream", some would walk "downstream", and some would just stand in place, eyes distant while they held the railings.   

I realized that the handrails were a representation of the complete length of time, and if you touched them, you would relive that time period.  So the people would casually walk up and down the rows, experiencing the centuries through the touch.  If you were casually walking, you would sort of get a highlights real of the era, but from a personal perspective.  If you stood still and held the same crystal handrail, you would experience it in much deeper detail   Sometimes I would see people vanish, and realized that they had decided to reincarnate and live a life in that era.  Then I woke up.

Another weird dream I had, was after reading that Claire was a trans.  I was in a big house (no clue what house, wasn't familiar), and there was this guy I knew back in middle and highschool, but he was now a transgender.   This wasn't odd in the dream, but when I woke up it was definitely odd, because this guy was definitely a heterosexual guy.  He wasn't your typical Brodude or anything, but he was never the kind of guy that you would consider deciding to trans to female.  He's also a guy I didn't really know that well. I mean I knew him for like 10+ years as a kid, but we never really hung out much.  He was a stable fixture in my school life, but not a close friend.  In the dream though, it was perfectly normal, and we talked about stuff, and then we had sex.    It was a very strange dream.  I remember waking up and thinking "Huh, ok that's a new one."

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #1192 on: 25 Apr 2015, 07:01 »

Oh dear.

I just had a dream, which was almost psychological torture to me. I slept 2 and a half hours (I decided to sleep a little longer, I had a total sleep duration of six hours this night), but in the dream I experienced eight whole days. It was a "Groundhog day" style thing.

In the dream I met a girl. Every day. The same girl. I don't know her, and she isn't similar to any real person I know. I spend the day with her. Get to know her. Start to like her. She starts to like me. We start cuddling. In the end we fall asleep in a hotel room. I don't know why we're in a hotel, or how we got there. Likely my dream had no explanation for it. Anyway, we fall asleep. Together. Arm in arm. I wake up. She is gone. And the same thing happens eight times in a row. Funnily, I still remember the last days, and so does she. So we spend the day together. Go through the whole "getting to know each other" routine, although we already know about each other. And with every day, with each rude awakening, we start to get more paranoid, as to what violent thing tears us apart, and with each day we love each other more. We try not to sleep, but in the end we just do. We cry. We try to bar the door, nail all windows shut, but nothing helps. We always lose each other in the end. I kissed her, twice, on the last day before I woke up.

It's going to take a while to stomach this. Phew.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #1193 on: 25 Apr 2015, 07:20 »

Last night I dreamed I was taking part in some sort of parkour marathon race across a vaguely Eastern European city. I don't know why, and I didn't reach the finish before I work up.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1194 on: 03 May 2015, 21:55 »

I had one where I pulled out a plastic bag to pick up some dog poop from the sidewalk and asked my companions whether I was being anal retentive.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1195 on: 04 May 2015, 00:46 »

Tonight I dreamt that I was at work from 8am until midnight, apparently without any break. It bothers me that in the dream that didn't seem to bother me.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1196 on: 04 May 2015, 01:22 »

I don't know about others, but I have found in the past that when I have had to deal with working 16 hours in a day, a break is actually out of the question.  I even was pacing like mad when I had enough time to smoke just because it meant that I didn't have to stop moving.  I know that inertia doesn't actually work that way, but it really felt like the whole "object in motion"… "object at rest"… applied, even though other employees wandered in and offered to give me an hour off.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1197 on: 06 May 2015, 12:09 »

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream my guinea pigs escaped while being transported. I found Eddie quickly enough but couldn't find Richie and eventually found a similar looking piggie being sold in a pet shop that I thought was Richie, and convinced the owner to give the piggie to me. Soon after I found the actual Richie and decided to name the new piggie Stephen in the mean time before I could return him. I put him in his own separate cage from the other two in another room.

Then last night I had a dream about feeding my two piggies and suddenly realised I hadn't fed Stephen for days and got into utter dread and panic, positive I killed him by starving him but he was still alive so I fed him and spent the rest of the dream crying that I nearly killed him. I woke up still feeling guilty about the imaginary piggie. :cry:

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #1198 on: 06 May 2015, 12:10 »

I
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1199 on: 06 May 2015, 15:43 »

I dream vividly, and I always get woken up by my dreams in the same way - I'm in a skyscraper, looking down.

I have a pretty intense fear of heights, and my subconscious always uses it to wake me. I hate my subconscious.

Worse than simply looking down is being in an elevator with a glass floor. Which is what woke me just right now.

This message is coming from Tapatalk inside my phone!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29   Go Up