Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 18 Sep 2019, 09:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 149197 times)

UniqueNewYork

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #1350 on: 18 Jun 2019, 13:00 »

Heheh. Never thought about the brownout portion, although in the second case it was definitely more of a blackout.
Data:
>"I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."
Picard, later:
>"Well, Data, time for some unsafe velocities..."

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1351 on: 24 Aug 2019, 10:20 »

Last night I dreamt that when I took my washing out into the garden, Trump was there, and he pulled up the posts holding the washing line to stop me.  Then he pulled down the garden fences and my dogs and the neighbour's got to fighting.  When I started ranting and yelling at him his acolytes (of whom there were many) started up a wordless chant to protect him from hearing me.  This was too dis-spiriting, so I woke up...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Definitely DEFINITELY not touching my balls
    • Do They Have To Use Drums?
« Reply #1352 on: 27 Aug 2019, 11:44 »

Gotta love a dream that feels like reality happening at a more heightened level.
There's a difference to being bisexual and taking what you can get.
www.madcap156.wordpress.com

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1353 on: 27 Aug 2019, 14:58 »

I'm dreading having a Boris version...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

de_la_Nae

• Older than Moses
  • but will you understand
« Reply #1354 on: 28 Aug 2019, 07:02 »

it's fading away now, but a warning, a prophecy of sorts in the context of the dreaming story, that's still with me for now.

"1947 is coming. You can't stop it. Make your peace with it."

something like that, anyway

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1355 on: 07 Sep 2019, 09:32 »

I dreamt that we got into Japan real late and everything was closing down and I couldn't help but feel really disappointed

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1356 on: 08 Sep 2019, 08:16 »

Last night I pulled wire by hand through conduit about fifteen miles long. I had pre-cut it and wound up with just enough at each and realized I should have left myself more safety margin.
"Non-compliance is a social skill"
Quote from: an unnamed minister's sermon
In your face, darkness!  We are the light and we outnumber you!

cesium133

• comeback tour!
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #1357 on: 10 Sep 2019, 06:13 »

Last night I had a dream that I was at a physics conference in Iqaluit, Nunavut.

I need better dreams.
The nerdy comic I update on Saturdays: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

BenRG

• Preventing third impact
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #1358 on: 10 Sep 2019, 07:44 »

Of late, my dreams have been telling me that I am a frustrated action movie director.

For example, Sunday night, I enjoyed a spectacular movie with Jason Statham as the protagonist and Don Cheadle as his sidekick - two prisoners in a maximum-security prison trying to survive a violent riot triggered by a group of prisoners who had deliberately allowed themselves to be imprisoned there so as to cause the riot and get to an important prisoner whom their employer wanted dead.

Statham's character was that action movie staple - the violent man with an unshakable (if quixotic) personal code of honour and finds himself fighting on the side of angels.

The twist? The characters were all based on the Grecio-Roman gods. Statham's violent ex-army prisoner was Ares. Cheadle's crippled technical genius was based on Hephestus and the two men had to get over the fact that Statham's beautiful but utterly unfaithful wife had an affair with Cheadle's character some time in the not-distant past. What's more (and this is my weird brain at work) as the plot progresses, it becomes increasingly unclear whether the characters are based on the Grecio-Roman gods or if they are the Grecio-Roman gods. There are SFX moments that may be 'miraculous powers' and the villains are 'Herc', 'Jason' and 'Percy', who are the bastard sons of some Mafia leadership figure known only as 'Jove'.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Case

• Older than Moses
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #1359 on: 11 Sep 2019, 05:12 »

Last night I had a dream that I was at a physics conference in Iqaluit, Nunavut.

I need better dreams.

Hmmmh - Most colleagues I know are avid hikers. Nunavut looks spectacularly suited to that purpose ...  :evil:
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you donít know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

cesium133

• comeback tour!
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #1360 on: 11 Sep 2019, 06:14 »

Y'know, the conference I dreamed I was at does occasionally hold its meetings in Canada. In 2013 it was in Quebec City. Maybe I should suggest Nunavut as a future location.
The nerdy comic I update on Saturdays: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Morituri

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1361 on: 11 Sep 2019, 17:20 »

Last night I dreamed that I was drinking (hot spiced applejack!) at a bar called the Screaming Chicken, which was in some city I didn't know. 

There was a live band playing, named the Hopeful Monsters.  They were actually pretty good.

LTK

« Reply #1362 on: 11 Sep 2019, 17:31 »

Well, there is a Screaming Chicken in San Bernadino, California, but the Hopeful Monsters seem to be local to Boston, so your dream accuracy leaves a bit to be desired.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Morituri

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1363 on: 11 Sep 2019, 17:52 »

Huh.  I've spent a few weeks at each of those locations, so...  yeah, things get mashed up inside our heads.

Yes, those are definitely the same Hopeful Monsters.  I didn't remember them with my awake brain until listening to a couple tracks on their site just now, but I must have run into them on a trip to Boston.

That is definitely not the same Screaming Chicken though.  Weird.

How much of our dreams is stuff we imagine, and how much is things we remember?

cybersmurf

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
« Reply #1364 on: Yesterday at 23:06 »

How much of our dreams is stuff we imagine, and how much is things we remember?

Well, it's a dream. Dreams are weird, you're familiar with people you've never met or reconstructed from memory about people you've seen in the street. Also, memories about dreams fade FAST, and memories tend to be inaccurate by default (I've read somewhere memories never are objective, always biased in a way it makes them inaccurate).

Couple weeks back I had a dream about a dear friend of mine, and our... "adventures" concerning a parking garage, including not finding our car, and some possible con men.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up