Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 24 Jul 2021, 03:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 221033 times)

LTK

Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #1400 on: 03 Apr 2021, 08:12 »

I had a dream where I isolated the luck gene and found that it coded for a protein that folds itself into a talisman.

This is a fucking awesome concept for a techno-magical/sci-fi-fantasy story.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Veritable_Variable

• Not quite a lurker
  • He/They
« Reply #1401 on: 03 May 2021, 12:12 »

Last night, I dreamed that an island in Hawaii was infested with giant frogs. I wasn't there personally, but I was keeping up with it on various news sites. I remember seeing an image or video in which there were a bunch of these large bright-red frogs in a neighborhood cul-de-sac in mid-day. I recall one particular frog about the size of a bear sitting on the roof of a house.

One of the commentators said that if the frogs ever made it to the mainland, they'd overrun the continent and destroy our forests.
Yes.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1402 on: 10 Jun 2021, 20:52 »

Thank you, Dr. Kariků.

Gyrre

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1403 on: 28 Jun 2021, 22:33 »

Had two:

In the first one, my hands and feet were swapped but just my hands and feet, and was terribly neglected beyond being receiving the most basic necessities. I forgot what the (probably) madeup psychobabble term that was used in the dream was for my mental state, but I (or the character I was) had to go through both physical and psychological therapy. Psychological because I/they was found neglected at home curled up in a bed. Physical so I/they could learn to walk using "shoes" that were wooden circles with handles. I think the psychobabble was "incessile" or something among those lines, possibly with extra prefixes and suffixes.

The one I just woke up from was cut short, but I was in a world where people had a docking station for their cell phones to fit in the upper center of their chest, with the screen towards themselves.

I think it's the most on-the-nose metaphor for talking what people say online to heart.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Morituri

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #1404 on: 01 Jul 2021, 12:41 »

You know how you always think of the right thing to say to some idiot in your dreams, right after you wake up?

"Ma'am, if you want to turn gay and lesbian people straight, you've got it exactly backward.  These so-called therapy camps don't work, cause suffering, are criminal in the whole US now, are an atrocity when people are forced into them, and don't deserve your support.  The only safe, legal medical treatment that usually *does* have that as a side effect is sex reassignment surgery, which you're trying to have banned."

hedgie

« Reply #1405 on: 01 Jul 2021, 17:27 »

Still, the forced reassignment surgery is a thing in Iran.  Either get executed for being gay, or get to be someone that a cis gay man certainly isnít.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Morituri

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #1406 on: 01 Jul 2021, 18:13 »

Ew.  I suppose that's one step up from execution?  But such a pathetically small step.... I wasn't aware of the change. 

One day, maybe there'll be a world where all the clenched-up prudes aren't so eager to visit atrocities on everyone else.  But I guess I ain't holding my breath. 

I'm just annoyed that I've interacted with so many in my life that I'm dreaming them now.

Like, I wanna get back to the fun dreams where everybody dresses in pajamas made out of white flannel fabric with great big colorful spots, and then someone gets out a twister spinner ....

hedgie

« Reply #1407 on: 01 Jul 2021, 19:21 »

Heh.  I texted my ex the other day, telling her that "I had the most wonderful dream last night.  You were in it.  In fact, EVERYONE was in it."  Of course, it was a dream about a giant space creature devouring the universe system by system.  Sad to say, but that's one of the less frightening dreams that I have.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up