THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347670 times)

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #150 on: 30 Mar 2012, 20:23 »

I hate a dream I was standing on the edge of a dock and I said, "Peter, I can fly!" in a British accent and started floating up to the sky. My big sister was there and we flew over the countryside and looking down at the tiny houses below us I could hear the sounds of people cooking in their kitchens. That seemed weird to me in my dream. But not the flying part. Then my sister said "we're flying over South Korea" and I woke up.

I had been sleeping on the couch and the sound of my friend's mom cooking breakfast in the kitchen filtered into my dream.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Middle-of-the-Road Conservative
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #151 on: 31 Mar 2012, 22:50 »

In my dream last night, a friend from the internet travels to see me. We make love and then her skin is peeled off. It's ok though, because she turns out to be a black version of the midget from Twin Peaks. Then we fell in love and go on cave adventures where we ride on a big skateboard to try to fight the monsters and get to Pennsylvania to see my friend Scoops.
Voluntarily banned from DISCUSS.

Listen to my music. http://wolfgangruck.newgrounds.com/audio/

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #152 on: 14 Apr 2012, 21:27 »

Last night I woke up to Stephen calmly reasoning with someone "Ok, I understand... But before you arrest me can I  just take this mumble mumble..."
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Papersatan

« Reply #153 on: 04 May 2012, 11:02 »

Last night I had a sex dream about Vincent D'onofrio.  I may be watching too much Criminal Intent.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #154 on: 04 May 2012, 14:16 »

Some of the dreams I've been having lately have been surprisingly coherent and within the realm of possibility. One of them involved with me riding my bike somewhere and meeting two girls I haven't seen in some time who were about to do a clarinet performance at a church. Then I had a conversation with a fellow student about alcoholic drinks. It's something that could conceivably happen in this universe, which can't be said for a lot of dreams.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci
« Reply #155 on: 04 May 2012, 17:14 »

Last night I dreamed that I was at a comic book store, browsing the shelves, and some 45-year-old soccer mom type was in there making fun of a guy next to me. I looked over and it was Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I chewed her out for being dense because she didn't know who he was, and said that he was my personal hero.

Dude's awesome and all but I don't think I'd call him my personal hero outside of a dream. I woke up amused at myself.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #156 on: 04 May 2012, 18:47 »

A couple nights ago I had another dream where my ex was present.  She wasn't the focus of the dream, she was just there...as in I only perceived her when I looked in her direction. 

The dream itself, though...I can't really go into detail about what I remember without breaking the CoC, but let's just say it involved a mutual female friend who's Korean and a sexual act.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #157 on: 05 May 2012, 00:29 »

I think I had a dream last night where at one point I was singing Amazing Grace with someone else (which would explain why it's in my head again this morning) and the other person got the words right while I got them wrong. Weirdly, I can never remember the correct words when I'm not actually singing them so clearly at some level I do actually know them.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Zingoleb

« Reply #158 on: 05 May 2012, 04:50 »

I dreamt I was walking down the sidewalk across a bridge of rushing water, and there was a chainlink fence at the edge of the walkway. I came to a break, where the sidewalk suddenly slanted down, dropping off to the murky green water below, and I found myself sliding down off of the path, grabbing onto a pipe that was hanging from the underside to keep from falling in. I was screaming at people to help, but they ignored me, and I eventually ended up letting go, but instead of falling into the water I was in a different dream.

This one is a lot fuzzier. I was in someone's house, but there were no windows and I couldn't open any of the doors. I just kept going down the hallway, but the further I went the darker it went, and I could feel reality breaking apart with every step and letting more of the darkness through, and every step made my body throb in nausea, and I could sense some sort of...well, beings that were part of the darkness, running beside me, and I realised that they were always there, but it was only in that hallway that I was finally aware of their presence.

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig
« Reply #159 on: 07 May 2012, 10:04 »

I had a dream 2 nights ago in which I moved back to NYC and ran into my ex on the subway. I don't remember a lot of our interaction, but I know we spent the whole dream together and there was ridiculous tension between us. Then he said something about me being jealous of the long hot pink ribbon he braided into his facial hair.....
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Papersatan

« Reply #160 on: 07 May 2012, 10:17 »

Then he said something about me being jealous of the long hot pink ribbon he braided into his facial hair.....

I'd be jealous

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #161 on: 08 May 2012, 11:20 »

I had a dream where I was entrusted with a seed that would somehow heal or benefit the world. and then I ate it. because it was delicious. Even though I knew that it would be better for everyone if I planted and nurtured it...

I wonder what my subconscious thinks of me...

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #162 on: 08 May 2012, 11:43 »

I had a dream that I snuck into China because it was a better place than the US. I fought magic ninjas and stuff.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist
« Reply #163 on: 08 May 2012, 15:24 »

I dreamt that I found a new internet discussion forum and it was dedicated completely to root vegetables. I got banned when I started asking about dwarf beans.

My subconscious can be scarily boring sometimes.
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #164 on: 09 May 2012, 02:53 »

Had a dream I chipped my front tooth and there was a red, bloody sort of thread coming out of it. Think it was meant to be the nerve. Think I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep again.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
« Reply #165 on: 09 May 2012, 05:15 »

Apparently dreams about your teeth being loose or chipped or broken means you are worried about money. (So goes the old wives' take anyhow.)
the rest is dross.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #166 on: 09 May 2012, 05:46 »

I've heard that before. First time I've had a dream to do with teeth so I guess I've just grown up.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #167 on: 10 May 2012, 01:18 »

I've heard that dreams about your teeth signify change in your life.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
« Reply #168 on: 10 May 2012, 05:37 »

Well having them all taken out and replaced with huge metal incisors could be construed as a change. Just ask Richard Kiel.
the rest is dross.

lepetitfromage

« Reply #169 on: 10 May 2012, 05:47 »

Welu- when I'm grinding my teeth I'll often have dreams where my teeth are crumbling into pieces and I keep spitting them out.

I always pop awake and have to check and make sure they're still in my mouth.  :-\

cvcharger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #170 on: 10 May 2012, 14:26 »

It's been a long time since I could remember the exact details of my dreams, but I know that I tend to have reruns of the same dreams.  They usually involve me flying or attempting to fly, having sex with some girl I met in college, seeing my roommates again, being a super hero, minecraft (yes, I have minecraft dreams), and then the occasional someone shoots me but I don't die.  Yeah, that about summarizes my dreams.  And then there are the dreams I get because I left the tv on, or my brother decided to turn the tv on while I was a sleep in the living room.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #171 on: 10 May 2012, 14:54 »

I had a mine craft dream once... I was in one of those scary fucking caves and it was really dark and a couple of white hands came out of the wall and grabbed my arms, which was terrifying. I actually stood up to my feet in my sleep and woke up in full fighting mode, with guard up and everything. My girlfriend thought I was going to sleep-attack her... the reason I dreamt that was that I was apparently breathing really fast in my sleep and she had grabbed one of my arms to wake me up. I guess I have a thing about getting grabbed.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #172 on: 11 May 2012, 05:50 »

Had a dream about dating one of my favourite internet reviewers and now I can't watch his videos because it feels like I'm betraying my boyfriend.

lepetitfromage

« Reply #173 on: 11 May 2012, 06:16 »

Oh man, those are the worst*! I always feel so guilty when I wake up from sex dreams- especially when they involve someone I know.

*and also best.....

cvcharger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #174 on: 12 May 2012, 00:50 »

Ok, after last night, I'm beginning to notice an actual trend in my dreams.  Through most of the dream, I go through all this shit (I guess you can call them trials), and then towards the end of the dream, I finally meet this girl and then stuff happens (doesn't necessarily mean sex).  Well, right before the good parts, it's time to wake up.  A sign I play too many video games, maybe.

Case in point:  Last night, I had a dream that I had to defend this city against the giant birds because I'm the only one who can.  Well, after defeating them, I meet this girl who sells ice cream.  I don't know why it had to be ice cream, but the girl was hot so I rolled with it.  We talked and just before it got good, my alarm goes off.  Sad thing is, I never asked her what her name was, so I spent half the morning trying to figure it out, but finally I just decided to call her the Ice Cream Girl.

I think that last part may be related to how I can talk to girls naturally and such, but like a moron, I never remember to ask them what their name is.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #175 on: 12 May 2012, 04:45 »

Ice Cream Girl? Could you have been dreaming inside the world of Waterman Studios?

cvcharger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #176 on: 12 May 2012, 20:16 »

Ice Cream Girl? Could you have been dreaming inside the world of Waterman Studios?

Not sure.  Of course, I may be missing the cultural reference.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #177 on: 15 May 2012, 00:40 »

Last night dream was really odd there was military march but all the people were diffrend toys and it looked bit like nazi themed and then there was lots of this guys heads around as i think he was their leader.

Wiki about the fella if you dont know him
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #178 on: 15 May 2012, 02:36 »

i need to know how to stop having horrible nightmares. this shit is getting out of hand and i am afraid to go back to sleep.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #179 on: 15 May 2012, 02:44 »

Talking to someone about them might help.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #180 on: 15 May 2012, 04:30 »

Pay attention to how hot you are when you have nightmares. I've found that if I'm even slightly too warm, I am practically guaranteed to have nightmares. The hotter I get, the worse and more vivid they are. Making sure I'm cool is a guaranteed way to stop myself from having nightmares.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #181 on: 15 May 2012, 04:52 »

Play more videogames. People who play them are better at distinguishing reality from fantasy. That came from a study to lucid dreaming, but I think it works for nightmares as well. For me, at least. Whenever something bad happens to me in a dream, even a non-lucid one, I know in the back of my mind that it isn't real, so it ends immediately.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #182 on: 15 May 2012, 05:03 »

ha maybe that could help then. i'm definitely not a gamer, and i have had exactly one semi-lucid dream in my entire life.

schimmy, thanks for the tip about heat. i usually have the ceiling fan running because i don't like being too hot anyway, but i'll make sure it's cooler tonight. hopefully that will help.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #183 on: 15 May 2012, 13:59 »

Actually, ever since I started boxing (I know I go on and on about the merits of boxing on this forum, but this is the last time, promise) my reaction to nightmares is to just try to beat up whatever tries to get me. This includes huge man-eating spiders and creepy killers as well as general feelings of horror dread. It's like "who's there?! Show yourself you motherfucker! I'll kill you!" etc, whatever it is.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #184 on: 15 May 2012, 14:19 »

On the other hand, aren't you the one who nearly beat up his girlfriend while fighting a dream?
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci
« Reply #185 on: 15 May 2012, 15:43 »

I second the heat thing - when I'm too warm at night I have really bad nightmares - same as when I'm sick and running a fever. In both cases, they're extremely vivid.

You might also want to try switching gears before going to bed. Find a relaxing activity that you can do for a half-hour or so. I generally read a few chapters in bed before turning out the light. Even if it's an action-filled book or a horror story, it gets my brain focused on one thing before I go to sleep, rather than the hundreds it's been focused on all day long. Meditation works for other people, or listening to music.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #186 on: 15 May 2012, 16:53 »

On the other hand, aren't you the one who nearly beat up his girlfriend while fighting a dream?

Maybe I'm just tired but that's not very funny dude.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #187 on: 15 May 2012, 17:00 »

No, I'm serious, you're espousing the benefits of something that you've already noted has caused you a problem. I find that kind of weird.

ETA: ok, found your post, you just scared her not actually hurt her, but dude that would be enough for me.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #188 on: 16 May 2012, 02:21 »

I'd sooner bleed to death in a septic tank than hurt my girlfriend. Please. She didn't seriously think I would attack her, it was just that I stood up as if I was ready to fight.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #189 on: 16 May 2012, 06:51 »

I don't think bainidhe_dub is suggesting you want to hurt your girlfriend, just that if your boxing is causing you to dream aggressively and that in turn is causing your girlfriend to be afraid (I know how scary it can be when things happen in the middle of sleep, I once thought my cat was a monster trying to kill me) then it maybe isn't actually a positive thing.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #190 on: 16 May 2012, 06:53 »

I had a dream where I saw my mother shirtless, but she had my dad's torso. Any of you guys want to take a crack at that?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #191 on: 16 May 2012, 06:59 »

OEDIPUS

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #192 on: 16 May 2012, 07:21 »

+ FREUD
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

lepetitfromage

« Reply #193 on: 16 May 2012, 07:50 »

Last night I had a dream where I was trying to wrangle all of my loose pets- I had rabbits, guinea pigs and some weird enlarged amoeba thing. One of the rabbits had a baby. I had to run and catch the baby rabbit and I finally caught it and it was the size of a peanut. The I put it back in the cage with all the other pets and went to go make lunches for my fiance and I to take to work. I made us normal sized lunches, but I put them in 25 gallon Rubbermaid bins.

.......I woke up very confused.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #194 on: 16 May 2012, 08:09 »

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #195 on: 16 May 2012, 10:39 »

I don't think bainidhe_dub is suggesting you want to hurt your girlfriend, just that if your boxing is causing you to dream aggressively and that in turn is causing your girlfriend to be afraid (I know how scary it can be when things happen in the middle of sleep, I once thought my cat was a monster trying to kill me) then it maybe isn't actually a positive thing.

Thanks for the concern, but I never said boxing gives me more aggressive dreams or that it makes me more aggressive or that I scare my girlfriend. To be honest I feel you are being a bit assuming..  :-\

EDIT: "scare", not "share", jesus christ.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2012, 12:12 by idontunderstand »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #196 on: 16 May 2012, 11:14 »

I didn't have the same concern, I didn't think anything of it at all when you posted that to be honest, I'm just offering my interpretation of what was said, because I didn't think it was suggested that you were abusing your girlfriend. Sorry if I have offended you.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #197 on: 16 May 2012, 11:23 »

Yeah, basically, it's great that boxing helps you deal with nightmares, but if you end up trying to actually sleep-fight things (like sleep walking, but, y'know, with punches) - personally if my husband turned into an unpredictable flail-y person to sleep next to, I wouldn't really consider it a good thing, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want him suggesting it to others as a solution. Obviously I don't know if it was a one-time thing or not, or how your girlfriend feels about it, but that was my reaction. I absolutely was not trying to suggest that you would have intentionally hurt her, sorry if it read that way.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #198 on: 16 May 2012, 12:20 »

None of you offended me, that's not the point. I just think you jumped to conclusions. I made a post about something I as well as the gf tells as a funny story to people. She grabbed my arm in my sleep and it made me jump up. It was honestly not bad enough to cause any kind of problem between us. I guess I could have been a lot clearer on that, but it was more meant as a funny story than anything. My limited grasp of English makes it harder to communicate sometimes I guess..

I do recommend boxing to everyone. It's honestly not what you think. It has helped me a lot. When it comes to fighting monsters in dreams I honestly feel that it's a 100 % good thing to step up against things that scare you, even if it's just a dream. That's the way I see it. My training backs me up in almost every situation and has nothing to do with fighting and beating people up.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #199 on: 16 May 2012, 17:35 »

My training backs me up in almost every situation and has nothing to do with fighting and beating people up.
I don't know anything much about Western-style boxing, but I know this is true of taijiquan. It does sometimes bleed into dreams though. I had a weird one recently about fighting a wooden-man dummy that came to life...
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29   Go Up