THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347928 times)

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Middle-of-the-Road Conservative
    • My Newgrounds Audio
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #200 on: 16 May 2012, 18:21 »

For the first time ever a few weeks ago, I had a dream where I could punch bad guys and actually hurt them. Usually I either can't hit them or I'm so weak that my blows do nothing. I think it's because I recently made a mele character in Fallout 3.
Voluntarily banned from DISCUSS.

Listen to my music. http://wolfgangruck.newgrounds.com/audio/

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #201 on: 17 May 2012, 00:53 »

Dreams are so weird. I know we mostly dream of stuff we know, which is why people start dreaming about things they've just started doing, but I know I dream about stuff I've never done. My favourite dream, which I haven't had for years now, is of flying - and even that is kind of like swimming in the air. It always seems to be set in the house I lived in as a child as well.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #202 on: 17 May 2012, 02:46 »

Akima: Western-style boxing, as you call it, is obviously more free-form than any martial art. That is true for both the actual technique and performance of movements as well as the surrounding.. ceremonial stuff. There are rules of conduct in a boxing gym, but I would imagine that they're not as strict as for, say, karate or tajiquan (I only quickly looked it up on wiki). You don't have to speak to your coach with honorary titles or anything and you don't have to greet your opponent prior to sparring, though most people will anyway. But concerning the punching technique and defense strategies I would say boxing is at least equal to any martial art. It requires intense training and concentration. For most people the first step is overcoming the fear of stepping inside the ring with an opponent. The next step, however, is overcoming your ego and your anger. There's no use in just thinking about beating the other guy up if he's at least as skilled as you. The one with the coolest head will win. The less emotion you show the more unpredictable you get, so you have to control your feelings and try to manipulate the other to make a mistake. At least in my opinion it's as much mental training as physical.

I admit there are people who give boxing a bad rep, but the same can be said for rugby or basketball. I have never seen anybody so prone to violence as an average football-fan.  :mrgreen:

I dunno why I'm defending myself like this... Barmymoo, we cool?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #203 on: 17 May 2012, 03:07 »

Sure, I have no problem with either you or boxing :) Just didn't want there to be a disagreement over what sounded like a misunderstanding. I've considered boxing myself, but I don't have time at the moment.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #204 on: 17 May 2012, 04:07 »

My favourite dream, which I haven't had for years now, is of flying - and even that is kind of like swimming in the air.

This is also how I fly in dreams.  I have talked about it with other people and they all told me that was weird, that they "just fly" in their dreams.  I figured it was evidence that even in the depths of my subconscious mind things needed to me logical. I mean, come on, you just "just fly" you need to propel and steer yourself some how...
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #205 on: 17 May 2012, 05:54 »

The dreams I flew in (and this was a long time ago) involved a coat or jacket or sweater that I held and that was flapping like it was in a strong wind as I glided on a strong breeze. 

I think it was the result of growing up on the ohio plains - always windy there.  I'd take off from a small rise or hilltop, and somehow fly for miles/hours. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #206 on: 17 May 2012, 05:58 »

Sure, I have no problem with either you or boxing :) Just didn't want there to be a disagreement over what sounded like a misunderstanding. I've considered boxing myself, but I don't have time at the moment.

Well, great.  :-) Thanks.

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci
« Reply #207 on: 17 May 2012, 07:12 »

In my flying dreams, it's rather like Peter Pan - I just go the direction I want to go, no propelling necessary. I've had others, though, where I fly like I'm sitting on something - but again, no propelling. I just want to go a certain direction and start moving that way.

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #208 on: 17 May 2012, 10:39 »

I don't typically have dreams about flying- when I'm "airborne" I'm usually either floating or just looking down on something from above and not really aware of even having a body, let alone being sure of what it might be doing.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #209 on: 17 May 2012, 11:15 »

I always fly by putting my hands on my hips and flailing.

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci
« Reply #210 on: 17 May 2012, 13:50 »

Remembered my dream from last night while I was driving around today. One of the strangest dreams I've had in a long time. I dreamed that I was at a natatorium with a few friends - a girl I know now (Girl 1), and one I haven't seen since high school, 15 years ago (Girl 2). We stop at a bathroom somewhere in the building because they both have to go. It's just a toilet and a sink in one room and we we're all crammed in there, so Girl 2 says, "It's fine, it's not like you guys have never seen someone use the bathroom before," and proceeds to poop in the toilet (somehow it was significant to me that she wasn't just peeing). I'm trying to act nonchalant about it but am kind of freaked out because who poops in front of other people that they don't know all that well? She finishes and Girl 1 has to go too, so she starts to poop, then turns around so she's facing the tank. All of a sudden I notice that she's not using the toilet anymore - she's baking eggs in an oven/toilet (somehow it was the same thing). She has eight eggs on a jelly roll pan and has just taken them out from under the broiler, and they're all crunchy on top like bread crust. Girl 2 reaches over and starts poking holes in the crusts where the yolks are, so they run out.

By this time I realize I have to use the bathroom too, so Girl 1 moves out of the way and sets the pan of eggs aside. I'm sitting on the toilet trying to do my business, Girl 2 is sitting on the sink, and Girl 1 is just waiting. Girl 2 pulls her skirt off and Girl 1 goes down on her, and I'm pissed off at them and saying, "Seriously? You can't wait til I'm done? How is this sexy at all? Come on, can't you wait so I can watch while I'm not pooping?"

And then, suddenly, I'm in another area of the natatorium and trying to get my pass approved. I'm holding a baby, though it's not my baby. The cashier hands me a diving mask of some sort with an extra tube and mouthpiece that the baby can use. I go past a few pools where other people are doing drills of some sort, and finally come across the one I need to use. It's only about 4 feet deep and there's a line of people going into it and snaking around in the pool. They all have these diving masks, and we're all headed to the same place - we have to dive 40 feet down in an enormous pool in the next room, and then climb through the tiny opening at the bottom in order to emerge in a different dimension, where we'll be given instructions.

As I'm standing in line, I strike up a conversation with the guy in charge, who happens to be Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor. We're chatting casually and he's being really nice to the people in line, telling them jokes and trying to keep them from being nervous. He starts talking to the baby I'm carrying and that's when I realize it's not a baby, it's a girl who's maybe 13-14 years old and she's standing next to me. I can't understand how I didn't notice that before but I realize that the mask I have won't work and that she'll need her own, so we go back up to the front of the natatorium and get her a new one, and then go back to the line, where things have progressed a little more.

We now move into the room with the 40-foot-deep pool and I'm told it's actually only 20 feet deep now, which I'm very relieved to hear because the last time I had to dive in this pool I didn't quite make it to the bottom before running out of air (yes, I've had this part of the dream before). We all get our masks on and everyone is pretty scared because we don't know what's on the other side of the opening. I put on my mask and so does the 13-year-old girl, and we jump in. I dive down and am about to head through when I realize something is happening up above and the other people are in trouble somehow so I grab the girl and pull her down and through the opening with me.

We emerge on the other side which somehow is through a very large door that is not laying flat like the opening was - it's standing up just like any normal door to a room. It looks just like our world except the colors are somehow brighter - but not like bolder colors, more like everything has kind of a translucent rainbow tint to it. There's a large Warthog-style vehicle that we have to drive but we don't know where to go.

That's the last part I remember, but I'm pretty sure there was more to it.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #211 on: 17 May 2012, 13:53 »

You have very odd, and very interesting, dreams. I'm impressed you remembered that much! I can never remember my dreams very clearly, except for a couple of recurring ones.

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci
« Reply #212 on: 17 May 2012, 14:04 »

I usually remember them very vividly the second I wake up, then the memory fades for a few hours, then I remember them pretty vividly again early afternoon or so. Sometimes I remember them til I start writing them down... or I'll get fleeting memories of them but if you asked me what part I just remembered, I couldn't tell you.

I used to be a lot better at remembering them, though... and I used to be better at lucid dreaming, too. I don't know if that's related or not, or why I've lost the knack for both.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #213 on: 17 May 2012, 15:47 »

She finishes and Girl 1 has to go too, so she starts to poop, then turns around so she's facing the tank.
"When you go to drop a Sir Harrington, you face the tank, so you can use the flat top for your ink and papers.  Then when you're done, you don't have to turn around and look at your Sir Harrington when you flush.  That's gross!"
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #214 on: 18 May 2012, 11:06 »

There was this dream where i had kitten that was total jerk and there were these odd screens that told me some stats and then i met nicer kitty and this first kitty were more herk, it has been scratching me already and now it bited my balls so i snaped its neck and get along with nice kitty.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci
« Reply #215 on: 18 May 2012, 11:51 »

Last night I dreamed that my aunt had bought a new house and for some reason we were using it as a stakeout. The whole thing was made of cheap wood and had no carpet or drywall or anything, so walking across the floor was really noisy. Outside in the back yard, a very large hole had been dug. Each time I went outside, it was in a different place, though - one time it was just a large hole in the ground, another time it was a hole in the side of a hill and there were struts holding it up.

There was also a cherry-picker truck out there, and I knew I had to drive it somewhere. I got in and drove off, and suddenly I was driving through really deep water and trying not to get stuck - and by deep I mean it was many feet deep and the truck was actually driving on the top of it somehow. There were train tracks to my right and I figured they'd help keep me out of the really deep part, so I drove up onto those (not sure how, as in my dream they were about 10ft above the water and there was no way to get to them) and followed someone else's car for a little ways. We got past most of the worst of the water so I drove back off the tracks which had dipped down towards the water. The person I'd been following didn't see that the tracks went back up again and they tried to drive off them too late and ended up rolling their car.

Finally I drove back to my aunt's house. Now there was a huge core of dirt next to the hole - not a pile, but more like a large plug. It had been taken out of the hole and held its shape so it was like a 20-foot tower of dirt. I was pissed because I had to park where it was sitting. I ended up parking directly next to it, in a vegetable garden, and then went inside. A few minutes later I heard someone pulling up and looked outside to see a much larger truck - more like an immense forklift almost - picking up the cherry-picker and trying to move it. I ran outside and yelled at the driver and told him he wasn't even supposed to be there and that I still had to use the truck again. He dropped the cherry-picker and then began doing work in the large hole which was now in the side of a hill and had people inside. I walked back into my aunt's house yet again....

... but now it had become my actual house and my husband was there. I knew that I had to help someone so I ran upstairs, but that had become a passageway of some sort - very much like a set of large tunnels inside of a tree. There were lots of people in there trying to find someone, and they were using electronics that were built into the tunnels. There was a sense of urgency about them. I finally found out that a Frost King had gotten in and was trying to harm an important girl. We knew they were on a lower level, so I ran downstairs and was back in our house again. I went downstairs one more level and it was not my house anymore but the basement of what seemed to be a fairly spooky, dark house - like an old farmhouse.

The Frost King was holding onto the girl who seemed to be holding her own. She didn't seem desperate but definitely needed help to defeat him. This is the part where I realize I shouldn't play too much Skyrim before bed... I brought up some sort of interface by touching the air in certain places, like there was a huge invisible game controller there. I brought up a list of spells and was able to read about each one and how it would affect the Frost King. I remember thinking that I liked this interface MUCH more than Skyrim's "usual" interface because it listed different levels of spells that I could use and what I needed to do to upgrade to each one.

I ended up scrapping the whole spell thing and walking up to the two - the girl and the Frost King - and grabbed two handfuls of her hair and then twisted each one and stuck it up each of the Frost King's nostrils, knowing that it would eventually cut off his air. She didn't have quite enough hair to do this, though, so I knew that I'd have to find another way. I pulled the hair out and made it one big handful and used it to wrap it around his face under his nose so that he wouldn't be able to breathe. Knowing that it would give us some time to figure out what to do, I ran back upstairs into my living room where hubby was still waiting for me and wondering how he could help. I told him everything was under control and we just had to wait.

And the rest is just bits and pieces that I remember glimpses of but forget as soon as I remember them >_<

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #216 on: 19 May 2012, 02:23 »

I looked in the mirror and I had a really thick beard. And I thought, what the hell, I just shaved yesterday. Then I scratched it and it fell off. I can't grow a beard for squat in real life.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
  • Hai. Zorro here. Any CC?
« Reply #217 on: 19 May 2012, 08:18 »

I have so much stress, imagined stress becuase I don't think I'll fail in the end, that I got stabbed in the belly in my dreams. I didn't bleed or anything.

Oh, and another time, because I have a very small blatter I went to the bathroom in my dream, proceeded to sit on the toilet, take a piss, piss on my hands to make it flow into the toilet becuase I was pissing all over the place and then I still had to piss and piss becuase my blatter wasn't emptying. That's when I noticed what what going on and I woke up to take a piss. I should make a 4chan story out of this.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #218 on: 19 May 2012, 10:49 »

We were all hiding out in this old house. there were zombies outside, but it was ok! My friend's step dad wrote a book about zombies and left it there for us. But the zombies weren't the most dangerous things out there. There was a gang of mexicans who took over the house and all I had for a weapon was a lighter that shot tiny bullets.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #219 on: 19 May 2012, 10:54 »

Last night I had this dream where an ex-lover decided to get snuggly at the weekly guitar lesson I give her. We started making out, getting a little heated, that kind of stuff. Then she quite suddenly turned into this dude that I absolutely cannot fucking stand, and I woke up feeling gross and dirty.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #220 on: 19 May 2012, 11:40 »

I had a weird dream last night. My foster sisters were there (a little younger than they actually are - more like the age they were when I lived with them, which makes sense) and we were at some kind of seaside resort. I think a boy I was in love with had just left me, so I was all upset about that. They took me to look at some hideously tacky pictures made of glass beads which they had bought from a little tea room, and they were complaining that they couldn't find the last one of the collection. Then we went back to what I think might have been a ship and there was a huge fuss going on because I think the Queen was coming to visit (someone important anyway) and the corridors were flanked with soldiers in fancy uniforms. We had to run back to the car.

At some point in the dream I was also kissing a girl I've had a crush on since we met, and who is now one of my closest friends. She has no idea how I feel about her, which is good since she has a boyfriend and I think would feel awkward about it. I'm trying to get rid of those feelings.

Zingoleb

« Reply #221 on: 19 May 2012, 18:57 »

Last night I had this dream where an ex-lover decided to get snuggly at the weekly guitar lesson I give her. We started making out, getting a little heated, that kind of stuff. Then she quite suddenly turned into this dude that I absolutely cannot fucking stand, and I woke up feeling gross and dirty.

you would dream this shit

cvcharger

• Furry furrier
« Reply #222 on: 19 May 2012, 21:20 »

Sometimes, my dreams have subtitles.  I assume that is a sign as to how much anime I watch.  Meh, I'll only be concerned if it starts to cause me physical harm.  Not sure how it could though.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #223 on: 20 May 2012, 02:06 »

You hush, Zing, I already know don't have much of an imagination, conscious or subconscious.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #224 on: 20 May 2012, 07:43 »

After convincing a bar owner to let my friend and I into the building before it opens, I found a wheel barrell full of salt. Naturally, my friend is now my cat and we start heading home, BUT aS WE ARE CROSSING tHE STREET THE PIZZA GUY SWERVED AND TRIED TO HIT MY cAT! So I ran over and yelled at him. Later I had to bury my cat because he poisoned her. Her flesh was falling off and I buried her with her head sticking out of the ground. She died before I was finished. It was a terrible dream.

Zingoleb

« Reply #225 on: 20 May 2012, 15:13 »

I just had like three dreams at once? I don't remember them. It's hard to separate one dream from another, but Kanye West was in at least two of them for some reason. I don't even like Kanye West.

In one he was my upstairs neighbour, and his apartment had all these secret passages and rooms and I remember distinctly thinking at one point that I am going to squat the FUCK out of his apartment and he ain't never gonna find me.

In another I was at like...a lake, or something? And I was bored and trying to leave, but it turns out it was some kind of training program I never paid for, and I was like, "I don't have the money for this," and they were like, "yes you do" and I tried to open my bag to get my wallet to prove I have like, no money, but all these loose singles were on top of everything else in my bag, and I was trying to hide them to keep them from thinking I had money, but they saw it and assumed I was holding out on them, so they summoned a hurricane that didn't seem to suck up anything but lots of birds and directed it at me, and I ran for it and got on the bus.

There was a little person in a tiny car who was super pissy about people making fun of their little car, and then there was a bus stop where Kanye West was just straight up bein' a dick to that person and then he got on the bus and we were going along and he stopped the bus to get out and shove someone in a wheelchair over and I'm like "what are you doing" and he's like "I'm Kanye West" and I'm like "you are being a dick" and he was like, "but all the cool kids are doing it!" and I was like, "No, you are just being an asshole, Kanye West," and I made Kanye West feel bad.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2013, 12:53 by Unicorn »

Dollface

« Reply #226 on: 31 May 2012, 20:50 »

There was this man in banana costume chaising me around the house while on bmx bike.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #227 on: 31 May 2012, 21:03 »

Oh, that was me. 

Sorry, I was looking for someone else's dream at the time. 
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2012, 05:35 by Carl-E »

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #228 on: 01 Jun 2012, 02:18 »

the ghost of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is stalking me. When we meet face to face we start doing the dance moves from PonPonPon. She then stabs me in the gut repeatedly.

Dollface

« Reply #229 on: 01 Jun 2012, 05:55 »

Oh, that was me. 

i didnt mention this but he had yellow odd looking gun he kept pumping it and yelled something to defile/deflower my ass with it all the time.
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2012, 06:12 by Dollface »

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #230 on: 01 Jun 2012, 23:03 »

Look, I said I was sorry. 

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #231 on: 02 Jun 2012, 03:22 »

Thursday night after my show, I had a dream that one of the bands we played with broke up. Their drummer is phenomenal, so we swooped him.

Then this afternoon in real life my bandmate suggested we hit that guy up and ask him to be our tour drummer this summer. Coincidence?

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #232 on: 02 Jun 2012, 06:31 »

Probably not - both of you noticed how good he was ad how well he'd mesh with you.  Your brain took it to the dream state, and your bandmate's brain decided to just ask. 

Let's hope he says yes...
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2012, 06:54 by Carl-E »

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #233 on: 02 Jun 2012, 06:46 »

I was having sex in a parking lot with some girl I apparently knew for a while. But before that, we were being chased by a twitchy green behemoth of a thing in a mine shaft. So there's a guy on a scooter just hanging out at the corner of the parking lot by the road. We stop and we notice he's following us and there's a guy on a skateboard holding onto the scooter with fishing line. Somehow now we're in a room and things seemed ok, but then this guy pulls out what looks like a switch blade with the blade retracted, so I take my shorts off the table since I was in my underwear and I used them to try to get the knife, but he kept a hold of it, because my dreams never let moves like that work unless it's against me. So he tries extending the knife and it only comes out about a centimeter and it's perfectly square and not sharp at all. I got it, finally, but then he shows me a sign painted and decorated with glitter that he must have just made, because it was something I said in the parking lot earlier to the girl who doesn't seem very significant at this point. Then he pulls out some kind of handheld metal grinder and slices my thumb open. I look and it's not that deep, but then I realize I'm bleeding clear blood. Eventually I escape into the road, run down, duck into an alley and hide in a room. Then I woke up.

I was drinking last night.

Edit: The sign with my quote was credited to  Ben Stein.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2012, 08:01 by Mister D Nomms »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #234 on: 02 Jun 2012, 10:41 »

I think you might have been dreaming that you were Scott Pilgrim.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #235 on: 02 Jun 2012, 13:55 »

That's the third time today that somebody has mentioned Scott Pilgrim to me. All unrelated.

whom

• Plantmonster
  • fire is pretty
« Reply #236 on: 02 Jun 2012, 15:25 »

Some  guy was threatening me with a gun to let him into my high school, so I let him in and then found a giant plastic knife that I tried to stab him with while he wasn't looking, but I failed and he shot me in the stomach.  Then I called 911 to tell them I'd been shot, but I felt bad for calling them when I was probably fine.  Also, I kept worrying about a paper I had due in 10 minutes that I hadn't started, and throughout the dream I kept trying to let my teacher know that I wouldn't be able to hand it in on time because I'd been shot.  Then the Doctor showed up (the 11th one) and was trying to help me, along with some little kid named Abraham Lincoln (but he wasn't the Abraham Lincoln). I kept saying I'd only seen the guy who shot me in a dream so I couldn't understand how I'd really been shot.  At some point I looked down at my stomach and saw all the blood for the first time.  I woke up and felt the need to double check that I didn't have any bullet holes in me.
You don't know what it's like to be stuck in my mind all the time

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #237 on: 02 Jun 2012, 16:51 »

I hadn't dreamed about my wife for a while, but she showed up in the last couple of nights. I was racing to bring some food that she was going to cook, and I think I had started out leaving much of it behind and had to go back, on foot, to retrieve. I wasn't anxious, I wasn't in trouble.
And I was glad she showed up. I thank her every time she appears in a dream.
She's been gone about 16 months, and I'm not missing her and grieving for her quite so much. Although this weekend for some reason is difficult.

And at the same time: I went to a next-door neighbor's picnic today and met a woman who is attractive, bright, funny -- and lost her husband in a sudden illness last fall. I left the picnic after she did, and told my hosts on the way out, "I think I'm in love." But she lives 3 hours away in Chicago, had never heard of Lake Wobegon, may be 10 years or more younger than I and a political conservative besides.

But the dream was good, and the conversation was fun.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #238 on: 03 Jun 2012, 03:03 »

I'm always happy to see loved ones who have passed in my dreams, although it's definitely bittersweet. My favorite uncle visits me every so often, he passed away a little over half a year ago. We watch Giants games together at AT&T Park. Which is funny because I have never actually been there, so it's nice of him to take me. One day I'll take the hint and see them play ball out there.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #239 on: 03 Jun 2012, 12:59 »

So last night I dreamed about my landlady's daughter (she's about my age).  She was sneaking into my apartment while I was at work and taking photos of herself in her bra and panties on my bed and hiding them in my books.  I find some of the photos and confront her on them, and...eh, I'll let you figure out the rest :P

Here's a dream I had a couple years ago.  Anyway, I was a kid...not me myself, but a kid about 10 or 12.  I lived in a medium sized town, and some new neighbors had just moved in.  My parents invite them to dinner; they're like a family out of a 50's sitcom, in appearance and mannerisms; husband smokes a pipe and wears sweater vests, wife is a secretary but dresses like a stay-at-home housewife, daughter is a sweet little girl who likes frilly dresses, and son is...the outlier...he's basically an expy of punk/grunge.  Definitely does not fit with the rest of his family.  And unlike his family, who likes to tallk and whatnot, he is stony silent throughout...basically a typical rebellious teenager.

And the next night, they invite us to dinner.  BBQ ribs is the entree, and they are the best tasting ribs ever.  The new family says they're from a special breed of pig that the husband's uncle keeps in some remote corner of the country, but for some reason, a thought in the back of my mind says that something's off about this meat.  Can't place a finger on it, but it just bugs me.

A few days pass (yeah, it was a loooong dream), and there's a story in the newspaper about a few people that have gone missing in town.  Later that evening, I happen to look over at the new neighbors' yard, and see them enjoying a BBQ dinner on their deck.  Then it crosses my mind that my new neighbors are cannibals!  New people in town...several people gone missing...BBQ ribs on the same day people go missing...it all makes sense!  But, I need proof...

So that night, I sneak out and over to their outdoor trashcans.  After digging through them, I can't find any bones, or anything else that might prove my theory.  So I go one step further.  The next day, I feign illness until my parents agree to let me stay home from school.  Once they're gone, I watch the neighbors' house until they all leave for work or school.  Once they're gone, I sneak out of the house and over to theirs, and find an unlocked window I can open and slip through.

The inside of the house is ordinary enough...but I carefully comb the interior, looking for anything incriminating.  But the more I search, the more I'm starting to believe that my imagination had gotten the better of me.  The only room that doesn't fit with the 50's image of the family is the son's room, with rock and metal posters adorning the walls and whatnot.  Basically, the family is just a typical all-American family, from what I can see.  So I head for the window to sneak out and enjoy the rest of my day off, and I see a door I hadn't noticed before.  I open it, and see a set of steps leading into a basement.  Since I'm already here, I decide to check it out.

I flip a light switch at the bottom of the stairs, and see an unfinished room, cinderblock walls and cement floor.  A water heater is in one corner and a shop sink next to it.  There's a shelf with tools along one wall, and a small window opening into the backyard.  Nothing of interest stands out, and I turn to leave.

As I start going upstairs, a thought occurs to me.  When we had dinner with the neighbors, I remembered seeing two windows along the house's base.  I turn and look back, but see only the one window.  Getting curious again, I go back into the room and take another look at the far wall.  After examining it for a few minutes, I finally find what looks like a secret door.  Getting excited now, I look for something that could open it, and soon find the switch.  The door swings open into a dark room, one that's lit only by the light filtering through the other window, which looks like it's covered in grime.  I find a light switch, flip it on, and proceed to become freaked the fuck out.

The scene before me looks like something out of a horror movie.  There's a wooden beam table in the center of the new room, with a carcass missing most of its flesh on it.  Except its human.  And its remaining flesh looks like it's been ripped, judging by the raggedness of it.  Even though I'm thoroughly terrified, I move forward for a closer look, and nudge something on the floor.  I look down, and see it's a spinal column.  And that the floor is littered with bones and flesh...all of it bearing marks of having been gnawed and torn.  Despite myself, I continue to the table and take a closer look at the body.  The jaw is open in a silent scream, the bones stained dark red from dried blood, and some of its entrails still visible in its chest cavity.  I take a closer look at some of the gnaw marks, and think that it looks like a large animal did the damage.  And then I find a perfect bitemark in one of the strips of flesh...it's semicircular, and the visible marks indicate flattened teeth.

Then it dawns on me: I was right the whole time.  The neighbors are cannibals!  I turn and look back at some of the bones on the floor and recognize rib bones, only they've been cut, not gnawed, and then it hits me again:  The ribs we had for dinner were ribs from people, not pigs!  I turn to make my escape, when I hear a door upstairs open.  Oh shit!  Someone's home!  I dash to the door of the secret room and shut its door, knowing I won't be able to escape upstairs as I hear footsteps moving around.  My only hope is the window, which I now notice is grimy from dried blood spatter.  A dis-articulated skeletal arm grips...a set of bars over the window??!  Oh hell!  Maybe I can squeeze through...they look narrow enough for me to fit my kid's body through them...

I reach up and force the window open, and crawl up, feeling the boney arm brushing against me as I try to slip through.  And for a moment, it seems to be working---I'm almost free if I can get my hips through....

I look up, and see the mother and daughter come around the corner of the house, carrying a couple boxes of flowers.  Too late to slide back inside.  They look up, see me half-outside, and stop.  We stare at each other for a few seconds, and then the daughter drops her flowers and runs at me, teeth bared and giving a deranged hiss.  Her mother is close behind, with a similar expression, and--

And then my alarm went off.  Probably the only time I'm glad my alarm woke me up before a dream ended.

Looking back, the whole dream played out like something from a short story from one of those scary story collections we used to read as kids.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2012, 13:05 by Sorflakne »

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio
« Reply #240 on: 03 Jun 2012, 13:09 »

That last post is now my favorite Hardy Boys story.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #241 on: 04 Jun 2012, 05:16 »

I dreamed that I slept until noon on a work day, then got up and fixed a political scandal for my coworker's friend. What really happened was my dog barked at god-knows-what for 25 minutes and stopped as soon as I got up 3 minutes before my alarm. Now I feel like butt.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #242 on: 04 Jun 2012, 17:03 »

That last post is now my favorite Hardy Boys story.
I've thought about fleshing it out into a full fledged short horror story and submitting it to an amateur publication.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #243 on: 05 Jun 2012, 09:04 »

Went to see Boris, but it was less a concert and more like they were filming a music video like..in the basements of some really generic old college. Afterwards there was a buffet for the band and everyone that was there.

Wata's friends were joking around with me and hitting on me and asking me about Marc Savard for some reason..and then my phone went off.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #244 on: 22 Jun 2012, 03:00 »

I was in a bed on an airplane and I had to explain, in my best broken German, that I hurt a kid in self-defense because a bunch of them were attacking me. To Hitler.

Later I told someone else that because of the speed of the airplane time would pass a teeny tiny bit faster at the surface than on board. That part's correct.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #245 on: 24 Jun 2012, 18:39 »

Had another dream about my ex...

Dream was in an apocalyptic wasteland, with me running around an old army complex dodging ghouls, so it was a Fallout dream, but it was in graphics from Daggerfall (the second TES game) (and yes, I have had a few dreams in pixels).  It was also a bright sunny day with a fresh snowfall, so hiding was a little hard with me leaving tracks for the ghouls to follow.  I also had no ammo for my handgun, and wished I knew a thing or two about sneaking as I look at my minimap and see multiple red dots closing in on me, so I duck into a hooch.  Inside, the graphic/pixel look goes away and my vision returns to normal.  And I find my ex there, alive and well, and apparently oblivious to what's going on outside.

And she starts getting all touchy-feely with me, saying she wants us to get back together.  I'm like, that's cool and all, but we have to figure a way out of here first.  She doesn't listen and keeps getting pushy while I'm rummaging around for ammo, a map, another weapon or anything useful.  The dream ended before conclusion as I was digging through a crate, my ex wrapping her arms around my torso.

Definitely a different dream for me...not the setting or theme so much, but how it went down.  Not sure how to interpret it.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #246 on: 25 Jun 2012, 04:24 »

Wata's friends were joking around with me and hitting on me...
(snip)
...and then my phone went off.

So this is why you get yr knickers twisted when I drunk text you stupid shit at 5am.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #247 on: 25 Jun 2012, 13:03 »

No, that's because you just wake me up at 5:30 in the fucking morning. THis was like 10:30.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Dollface

« Reply #248 on: 25 Jun 2012, 22:25 »

i was is somewooden mansion and there were these two ladies that were just bitt odd but harmless and i had to kill jack who was grimreaper and then i had to find some porttrait of an man and everything in his room was upside down and his picture he had smaller picture of him tattooed on his forehead and i had to free his sould that was inthe attic.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #249 on: 11 Jul 2012, 02:09 »

I wanted to take a bath, but everything was conspiring to keep me from doing that. I would fill up the bath, and a moment later someone else would be sitting in it, or the water was all dirty, or the plug got pulled out, or the tub was moved somewhere else, or even the bottom of the tub was just gone, causing the tap water to go all over the floor and having to clean that up. At one point I flipped over the filled bathtub in frustration after yet another failure, flooding the entire room. I never actually got in the bath during the entire dream.

I think the reason I wanted to take a bath was because I had a stinging pain in my side, probably from lying in an awkward position in bed. I can still slightly feel it now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29   Go Up