THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 22:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 357376 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #300 on: 01 Jan 2013, 14:08 »

My first dream of the new year has to be the weirdest: I dreamt about The Who.

No, I can't explain.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #301 on: 01 Jan 2013, 14:10 »

I was in a celebrity tag contest.

US soccer team coach Jurgen Klinssman won.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #302 on: 01 Jan 2013, 14:45 »

In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #303 on: 02 Jan 2013, 01:00 »

I was staying with my son before the New Year. 

I dreamt that we were walking down a corridor which then became a tall and wide underground tunnel, cut out from sandstone, but with an earthy floor.  It was brightly lit, but had no lights.  After a while, I was reading a book, and he told me that we were in a police library, and thinking that I was trespassing, I went back out into the corridor, which shortly became a gently curving tunnel again.  There may have been some junctions, but the only one I remember was an arch about a foot tall on the right. I was just able to crawl through it (I found it easier to go backwards), and through it was another spacious tunnel - but I was worried about the possibility of getting trapped in there, and returned to the previous tunnel. 

Shortly after this, I had a large pro video camera on my shoulder, which was connected to a team of people at my starting point by an apparently unlimited unreeling cable.  As I went along the tunnel (bending to the left at this point) I suddenly lost contact with the video team - but when I stepped back, it was restored.  Holding a loop of the cable in front of me also made the signal go.  I realised that if I proceeded, I would be in an alternate or parallel universe, and might not be able to return, so I turned round and went back to my starting point, winding up the cable.  When I reached the waiting team, I found that the signal I was getting through the cable - both ends of which were now in view - was different from what was being said in front of me.  After some strange misunderstandings, I understood that I was now in a different universe, but my cable was still connecting me to the original.

Then I woke up, and took a while to get back to sleep, as I was confused as to what universe I was in.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #304 on: 02 Jan 2013, 02:33 »

I had a weird dream last night, and I can't remember it properly but I was being chased by something (I think some kind of beast-man, like from Beauty and the Beast except mean) that wanted to kill and eat me, and the other girl who was with me. We managed to run away into a sort of underground bunker and tried to hide in the top bunks of two bunkbeds but they came in and found us by punching hard on the beds and feeling that we were in there (I remember thinking I should have made my stomach more squishy). I was dragged out by my hair and then my feet, which doesn't even make sense, and tried to defend myself from being eaten by shouting about Corinthians. Now that I'm awake I think what I was actually trying to do was convince the monster not to eat me because I was a good girl who read her Bible, but the irony is that I was actually thinking of Psalms, not Corinthians... and anyway what kind of monster cares about that?

So yeah, woke up a bit muddled.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #305 on: 02 Jan 2013, 07:05 »

Last night I dreamt that I was in Stop and Shop with one of my coworkers/friends in the morning before work and we lost each other, then found one of our managers from Queens on her way to a staff meeting, then met up, checked out and went to work. When we got there, none of the managers knew who I was and instead of going to my office I was the receptionist but my desk was facing the wall and I had to turn around to see anyone coming into the door. Then another coworker (an older gentleman) came in to work and said hello and complimented me on my outfit.

It was a pretty kickass outfit. I remember a nifty side zip camel color leather motorcycle jacket and a pair of crazy patterned pants.

Anyone else ever wake up sad that they don't own the thing they were wearing in their dream?  :psyduck:
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #306 on: 02 Jan 2013, 08:36 »

So he was complimenting your outfit with your back to him? Sounds like something I'd do, back in the 70s and 80s before it became politically incorrect.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #307 on: 02 Jan 2013, 11:29 »

I once dreamed that my feet became autonomous while still attached to my legs and then tried to eat me. It was... weird.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Zingoleb

« Reply #308 on: 02 Jan 2013, 15:06 »

So much of what you say I interpret as things said by Emily (due to your avatar) and it works out surprisingly well.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
« Reply #309 on: 02 Jan 2013, 19:12 »

My wife has been watching Gundam Wing non-stop for the past 36 hours...I was sleeping, she's watching it next to me (Earphones? What are earphones?) and I wake up, after having a very unusual dream about making out with Treize...I'm a tad confused.
Worry Hat, Engage!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #310 on: 03 Jan 2013, 04:45 »

I just had a dream where my former Mistress was doing Gaz in the butt. There was much more to it but that's all I remember.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #311 on: 03 Jan 2013, 10:37 »

Why would you want to remember anything more?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #312 on: 03 Jan 2013, 10:39 »

:psyduck:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #313 on: 03 Jan 2013, 14:14 »

:D
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #314 on: 03 Jan 2013, 14:47 »

If you wanting something for comparison to real life, I have photos along similar lines  :mrgreen:

Being done in the butt is pretty awesome, honestly.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #315 on: 03 Jan 2013, 16:09 »

I must agree. I've never dreamt about getting it in the butt, though. I imagine that dream-butt-sex would be extra awesome.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #316 on: 03 Jan 2013, 16:17 »

Really? I've dreamt about butt sex every which way. I even dreamt about dry-humping Unicorn on the stairs in my parents' house, which was a bit odd.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #317 on: 03 Jan 2013, 16:38 »

Were your parents present in the dream?
Worry Hat, Engage!

Cambyses

• Not quite a lurker
  • yipyipyipyipyip
« Reply #318 on: 03 Jan 2013, 17:11 »

I once had a dream that I was having gay butt sex with Satan in my mom's kitchen. Earlier in the same dream, an Australian got me addicted to smoking Ricola lozenges. I later ended up in the woods, where a zombie named Arioch let me hold his detachable severed head, which was very squishy and gross, though I appreciated having been given the privilege.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #319 on: 03 Jan 2013, 17:18 »

Were your parents present in the dream?

No.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #320 on: 03 Jan 2013, 18:53 »

Hmm...now I can't chalk it up to Oedipus gone awry...yeah, I got nothin'. Enjoy your humping. I know Pintsize would. :mrgreen:
Worry Hat, Engage!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #321 on: 04 Jan 2013, 17:30 »

You guys are fantastic. Strong boarding.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #322 on: 04 Jan 2013, 18:29 »

Had a weird dream where I was driving in snow - we're talking ridiculous level snow, four feet deep. For some reason, I ended up in front of the county maintenance garage, mostly because my car couldn't get down the road. I had to get to work, so I ended up using... a skateboard or some such thing.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Cambyses

• Not quite a lurker
  • yipyipyipyipyip
« Reply #323 on: 07 Jan 2013, 18:17 »

A couple of years ago, I had a dream that I was immersed in a hot spring that had been built into an ornate temple to a forgotten god. They, whoever they were, had built this ornate tiled room around this hot spring, they had even shaped the interior of the basin into a square with rounded corners and lined it with intricate mosaics, and there was this smiling, brightly painted statue standing above it. The water smelled like rosewater and seemed to seep into all of my tissues and regenerate them. The only other thing I remember was that there were Nazis.

Spriteling

• Plantmonster
« Reply #324 on: 08 Jan 2013, 02:49 »

Last night, I had a dream where I was travelling with my girlfriend, and somehow one of our mutual friends was also on the flight.  Weirdly, two of us thought the flight was heading to one place, while the other was sure the flight was to somewhere else.  About an hour into the flight someone was having a severe medical problem and we really needed to land the flight, and so the pilot tried to land the plane on a residential street.  Unfortunately, the plane crashed.  I woke up right as it hit the ground.

It was weird. o.O

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #325 on: 08 Jan 2013, 04:52 »

Last night I had 3 dreams

1st
I was Bruce Lee and I was living in Hong Kong with my blonde wife and our son.  My wife worries that I like martial arts more than our family.  We are at a mall like place and everything is written in Chinese.  The martial arts mafia or organization despises me because I train non asians.  My wife was looking for me or just going up the stairs (4th floor) and the leader saw her and shot her in the abdomen.  She fell one flight of stairs.  I just so happen to be going up the stairs and freaked out.  I picked her up and rushed her downstairs.  She feels relevied that I choose her over fighting the man who shot her because I choose family over fighting.  It then cuts to me helping her into the car and her abdomen is all patched up.  I then take our son from a friend of a family who was watching him at the mall (for some reason it was seth green in a wheelchair) and I get our son strapped into the child seat in the back seat of the car. He remarks that we should eat at his favorite restaurant every day.  Unaware that anything was wrong with mommy.  and then we drive off.  I am contemplating if I should move out of hong kong.  I do not want to show that I am a coward but I also do not want to risk the safety of my family. Then I wake up.

2nd dream
part of an ocean 11 type heist with george clooney and the gang.  The heist is still in the planning stages, we are in vegas in a 50's style mom and pop motel and restaurant.  I am new to the team and am trying to get to know everyone.  This gorgeous supermodel brunette on the team will not leave me alone and finds me fascinating.  Most of the dream is us hanging out at the restaurant and jason statham from the italian job is baffled at why she is interested in me.  I then head off to my motel room and she is waiting for me outside my door.  Then I wake up.

3rd dream
I am frodo baggins and me and sam go on an adventure long after the war of the ring to different places in middle earth we were at to reminisce about the events in lord of the rings.  We meet up with elves and dwarves and fight off some orcs and goblins at moria before heading home on an eagle.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #326 on: 08 Jan 2013, 06:44 »

So...
 You watched Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, Ocean's Eleven and LOTR before sleep?   :mrgreen:

Cambyses

• Not quite a lurker
  • yipyipyipyipyip
« Reply #327 on: 08 Jan 2013, 22:15 »

I have a lot of dreams about environments degrading or becoming gradually less and less cool. Like I'll be riding in an airplane, and then suddenly the seat I'm in is an upside down metal bucket, then there isn't anyone else in the plane, then it's not really a plane, but a messy garage and it's suddenly night time, and there's someone lurking outside of the garage with a knife, and the door is wide open, and they're just standing right there in the entrance looking at me, and their face is made out of darkness and chaos.

The worst part is if I'm talking to someone in the dream and they are part of the decaying environment. First, the conversation will get weird, then they'll start repeating themselves or singing off key, then they'll start acting like they're having some kind of seizure, trembling, convulsing and soiling themselves, and their face will turn leathery and mummy like. In one dream, I was talking to a guy who was slowly turning into a rhesus monkey. He didn't seem to realize it, even though he kept having to shift around because his Hawaiian shirt kept getting looser and baggier on him and his white panama hat kept falling down over his eyes because of his shrinking forehead. Eventually, he forgot how to talk and I left him there, loping around on the ground, chirping and warbling, the hat still wobbling around on his head.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #328 on: 11 Jan 2013, 03:26 »

"Dude. You're turning into a rhesus monkey. Stop it."

I just woke up from a series of extremely vivid REM-sleep dreams. They involved flying and breaking the sound barrier, hot air balloons, pegasi, and jump pads. It was one of those dreams that I regret waking up from. Despite that, I woke up incredibly happy because I got to do all that stuff.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #329 on: 25 Jan 2013, 04:06 »

I had a dream where I went to see some live WRASSLIN' and I met Sheamus (fella in my avatar) but he wouldn't accept I was Irish because I was born in Northern Ireland. I remember saying, "I have spuds with every meal. I say the word 'spuds!'"
Eventually I convinced him when I offered him a bag of Tayto crisps.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #330 on: 25 Jan 2013, 05:57 »

Wow...I'm pretty sure the real Sheamus wouldn't care about Ireland/Northern Ireland. He's a cool guy. I have a friend in the pro wrestling circuit who's met him, says he's a cool dude.
Worry Hat, Engage!

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #331 on: 25 Jan 2013, 06:00 »

I was a leather jacket, once. In london. So much Cockney.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #332 on: 25 Jan 2013, 12:05 »

Wow...I'm pretty sure the real Sheamus wouldn't care about Ireland/Northern Ireland. He's a cool guy. I have a friend in the pro wrestling circuit who's met him, says he's a cool dude.

I really doubt he would either but dreams are weird, hence the thread. I'm happy to hear he's cool.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #333 on: 26 Jan 2013, 05:54 »

Joe Biden was my jogging buddy.

:mrgreen:
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #334 on: 26 Jan 2013, 07:13 »

Ever have one of those dreams that you remember most of the details of, and isn't all that remarkable or notable, yet you cannot for the life of you remember who it was that was with you for most of the dream?

I've narrowed it down to two people...my memory of the dream favors one of them for the most part, but certain parts of the dream only make sense if the other one is there instead.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #335 on: 26 Jan 2013, 07:20 »

I've had those sort of really detailed but unremarkable dreams to the point I sometimes mix them up with real memories. It's really disconcerting.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #336 on: 26 Jan 2013, 07:30 »

I once dreamed that I was bought a Game Boy by my parents. It was so detailed that while I didn't really trust it (I dreamed it was bought the previous day but I knew that it hadn't happened then), it was still vivid enough that I went and looked in the draw that I remembered putting it in during the dream. It wasn't there.  :cry:
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2013, 08:20 by Pilchard123 »
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #337 on: 26 Jan 2013, 07:46 »

Thats 'cause I dreamed I stole it. But I can't find it anywhere.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #338 on: 26 Jan 2013, 08:35 »

I went and looked in the draw that I remembered putting it in

Not necessarily the right thread but I just want to comment on this right quick. Why do people say "draw" when they mean "drawer"?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #339 on: 26 Jan 2013, 08:43 »

Typo? Spelling mistake? Brain fart?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #340 on: 26 Jan 2013, 08:49 »

I guess. I've been looking for dressers online and about half of all posts say draw or draws.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #341 on: 26 Jan 2013, 09:00 »

There we go then, self-perpetuating spelling mistake. You only need one fairly well-publicised typo and the spelling mistake becomes the standard.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #342 on: 26 Jan 2013, 09:29 »

Language changing in front of your eyes!

I wonder if some people would keep their drawers in a draw?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #343 on: 26 Jan 2013, 10:28 »

Some people draw drawers but we must draw a veil over such nefarious activities.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #344 on: 26 Jan 2013, 10:54 »

Brain fart and preoccupation with catching up six weeks of work that I borked.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #345 on: 26 Jan 2013, 11:00 »

Please, please! Cerebral flatulence!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #346 on: 26 Jan 2013, 11:07 »

I didn't mean to make fun of you or anything, Pilchard, it was just a question. Also I like "cerebral flatulence" and will use it more often

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #347 on: 26 Jan 2013, 11:12 »

It gets chuckles, even laughs. I love to get laughs, even chuckles.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #348 on: 26 Jan 2013, 12:01 »

I didn't think you were trying to get at me, don't worry.  :-)

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #349 on: 27 Jan 2013, 04:05 »

I had a dream last night where I was some sort of spy, like in Alias. At one point we were attempting to intercept a target's password to some super-secret system. It had only four characters... :laugh:  I think my subconscious was reacting to all the times I've tried to persuade people to use strong passwords.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29   Go Up