THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 348113 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #350 on: 27 Jan 2013, 04:16 »

And the characters were "1234", right?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #351 on: 27 Jan 2013, 04:24 »

I had a dream where I was sitting on the toilet peeing and all these old naked people came into the bathroom to have a shower. Later a family with kids showed up too. My main concern wasn't that I was on the toilet, but how I was supposed to get out of there without showing them I had been wearing my girlfriends panties...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #352 on: 27 Jan 2013, 09:18 »

I just had one in which Santa Claus was showing Jesus to his execution and that Santa Claus had to judge him.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #353 on: 27 Jan 2013, 14:00 »

"We can't share this day! It's my Christmas, not your birthday!"  :psyduck:

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #354 on: 29 Jan 2013, 00:24 »

I dreamed last night that I was at a friend's house. Not weird, you say? I'm getting there. Anyway, I can't remember all of it, but here's what I can get back:

The earliest part of it was that the reason that I was at the house was for a beach party in the back garden. There's the first weird bit - her house has no garden and isn't on the coast.

A bit later on, I complemented Emily (Yes, that Emily. It gets stranger.) on how nice she looked in what she was wearing but that there was something different about her that I couldn't quite put my finger on. At this point her right boob shouted "Oh shit, they're on to us", turned into something like a bat and flew off carrying a message in its mouth.

Later still, Claire told me that Hannerdad need a hand with something over in Stonehenge - also in the garden - to stop an invasion. So I go over there and Clinton is trying to swap some of the stones in the circle with fake ones so that the invading aliens can't use it to teleport into. Hannerdad is flying the fake rocks in and dropping them in a pile nearby, but nobody is doing anything with them. Then I woke up.

No real people were involved in the dream, so I'm not entirely sure why I was in a real person's house, even if where I was doesn't actually exist.

:psyduck:

So I'll be reading QC all evening to try and plant more in my head. I want to know what happens next!
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #355 on: 29 Jan 2013, 04:32 »

I had this weird dream that I had to change clothes - every stitch of them - while I was in the basement floor of a department store.

While it was open, and people were walking around.

Then at the end, we were trying to go back outside, but they announced that there had been a tornado or something that had hit the other side of the mall, and that there were multiple reported power outages.

Just as I thought, "Power outages? Then why are the lights still on..." Bzzzpt.

What was really funny was that the entrance to the department store was open - like some of the 24-hour grocery stores in the Phoenix area, with just an opening and no doors to speak of.

Afterwards, my dream turned into a self-insertion into the basic premise of Revolution. Except it wasn't an EMP that destroyed everything electronic, and for some reason my car was still able to go.
Just another Joe like 46

Zingoleb

« Reply #356 on: 29 Jan 2013, 06:24 »

I keep having Zelda dreams. I dunno why. In one it was like some kind of Wind Waker thing - only I'd be traveling by air, and I'd get dropped onto this tiny island with a hole in it that I'd have to go down, and I'd get killed by this knight repeatedly because my armor would get shattered in one blow and I had no weapons. I kept trying, kept getting killed - eventually someone else took him out and I woke up. Fell asleep, dreamt I was in this basement where everything was leaking onto everything else. It was really depressing to be down there, and I felt trapped because I had this knowledge that I would never be able to leave it. The walls were white and everything was moldy.

Another dream I had was Zelda-related - a group of people (including Zelda) were walking up to Zora's Domain from Hyrule Field, only the field entered the area about where the secret passage from the Lost Woods was. Zelda was all, "oh, I know what to do," and someone else stopped her by saying, "Don't. This song is excellent and you don't know how to sing." They played the song and then jumped off the land bridge and into the water, and we all followed their lead whereupon we were dragged underwater by some giant...tentacle-y thing and drowned in darkness.

I had another dream after that one where, for some reason, the Sun was exploding, making the surface of the earth too hot to live where it touched. Everyone was basically piling into ships to leave the earth and just get the fuck out (I dunno what their plan was), only they left before I could get on-board and I was the only person left. I tried to kill myself before the sun came up but every cut was too shallow to do more than just draw blood and when the morning came I burned alive along with everything else on earth.

I guess my dreams are kind of morbid.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
« Reply #357 on: 29 Jan 2013, 09:44 »

I've had Zelda dreams before...but they were basically weird sex dreams. I was Zelda, and Ganondorf was having his way with me.

:psyduck:
Worry Hat, Engage!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #358 on: 29 Jan 2013, 13:14 »

I had another dream after that one where, for some reason, the Sun was exploding, making the surface of the earth too hot to live where it touched. Everyone was basically piling into ships to leave the earth and just get the fuck out (I dunno what their plan was), only they left before I could get on-board and I was the only person left. I tried to kill myself before the sun came up but every cut was too shallow to do more than just draw blood and when the morning came I burned alive along with everything else on earth.
That's weird. Every time I kill myself in a dream I black out immediately into a different dream. But the same thing happens when I'm about to be injured in some way. Some time ago I dreamt I was walking down the street at night and passed a group of men, thinking "What if those guys attack me?" They did, of course, and an instant later my head was approaching the pavement with an alarming velocity, at which point I blacked out and started a different dream.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #359 on: 29 Jan 2013, 15:11 »

That's weird. Every time I kill myself in a dream I black out immediately into a different dream.
If you die, or shot yourself in the head, you will wake up or change into another dream. But if you cut your wrists like (i guess) Unicorn did, you won't, 'cause it take some time and in the dream there isn't such thing (not in the traditional way).

Zingoleb

« Reply #360 on: 29 Jan 2013, 16:04 »

Nah, I've died in my dreams and had them keep going. Usually just people like, carrying on, y'know? I'm just kind of there and people are walking around me.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #361 on: 29 Jan 2013, 16:11 »

I've had dreams like that, with people just walking around me, but without the death element. I think I'm usually going through sleep paralysis in that situation and half dreaming and half hallucinating.

Zingoleb

« Reply #362 on: 29 Jan 2013, 16:20 »

Sleep paralysis is the worst. I used to have really bad sleep paralysis issues before I cut caffeine out of my diet, and I'd be stuck in bed 10, 12, 14 hours a day. I'd wake up, and be unable to move, talk, make a noise - hearing everyone around me but unable to talk to any of them. I'd fall back asleep, but I'd have dreams that I was dealing with sleep paralysis - only I could barely move, or I could barely make a sound, and I would wake up into another dream just like that, over and over again - and then  wake up for real, actually being paralysed, and then fall back asleep into those dreams...

The two I remember strongest were where I was at my ex's apartment, and I woke up but couldn't breathe or talk and no one was around, and I managed to roll out of the bed and tried to claw my way to the front door but my arms weren't strong enough, and another one where I managed to drag myself to someone at the compound and, being unable to talk, kept slowly, painfully doing the ASL sign for "sadness" over and over again, but they couldn't see me.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #363 on: 29 Jan 2013, 16:28 »

Nah, I've died in my dreams and had them keep going. Usually just people like, carrying on, y'know? I'm just kind of there and people are walking around me.
This has happened to me at least once.  That dream messed with my head for weeks, and I still wonder about it every now and then.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #364 on: 29 Jan 2013, 18:18 »

That's weird. Every time I kill myself in a dream I black out immediately into a different dream.
If you die, or shot yourself in the head, you will wake up or change into another dream. But if you cut your wrists like (i guess) Unicorn did, you won't, 'cause it take some time and in the dream there isn't such thing (not in the traditional way).
You say that as if there is any kind of consistent logic in dreams.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #365 on: 29 Jan 2013, 21:12 »

Your own death in dreams is (most of the time) one of the easiest way you will wake up. Sudden death or slowly (like poison).

If (in the dreams) your body dies, but you are in another "character" like, the one who shot you or an omnipresent entity, it's more likely that your dream will just continue like nothing; or change to another, depending on how you take it.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #366 on: 30 Jan 2013, 04:33 »

Except not. I never wake up when I die in a dream. Be honest, you have zero expertise in dream logic that's not your own, and I daresay not a lot in the dreams that are your own.  :-D

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #367 on: 30 Jan 2013, 04:42 »

I dreamt last night I was part of a rather slipshod lunar landing.
Just another Joe like 46

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #368 on: 30 Jan 2013, 05:27 »

I have no idea what I dreamt last night, but I woke up very suddenly and flailed around so much that I knocked my alarm clock off and it switched itself off. So I had to get up because the "snooze" option had vanished.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #369 on: 30 Jan 2013, 08:04 »

Be honest, you have zero expertise in dream logic that's not your own, and I daresay not a lot in the dreams that are your own.  :-D

Actually, i was quoting some psychology textbooks that i read (and still have part of them). But yeah, the things written in there doesn't happen to everybody; it's more like a "general vision" of the dream's mechanism.
 I used to have lucid dreams to check some of that stuff, but now i just do it for fun  :-D .

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #370 on: 03 Feb 2013, 05:59 »

I suppose you could make some generalisations based on how many people report on how dreams work for them, but I would still take any psychology textbook that claims authority on dreams with a box of salt.

Had a dream, was kind of morbid, where I was in a big mansion for some reason I forgot, with a bunch of other people and Hannelore. She was scared because people kept showing up in unexpected places, often behind her, but no one meant any harm. Still, we were in the kitchen so she grabbed a massive cleaver, like, broadsword-sized from somewhere for protection. Then she ran off, and I heard her scream in the next room. I figured it was probably nothing, but I grabbed a similarly large knife too, just in case. But when I got there, I saw a girl in a mask and a hood who was obviously a psychopath, and that was why Hanners got scared. I told a guy to warn the other people in the house about this dangerous person, but he was too busy running away in terror to do that. The girl grabbed Hanners like she wasn't even holding a sword-sized kitchen utensil and then she threatened to cut off her fingers. I told Hannelore to scream, but she wouldn't. I tried to stab the girl, but I was afraid to because of her threats, and she kept distracting me by talking about something which I also forgot. Moments later she did start cutting off fingers, which she did so quickly that it was like cutting vegetables. The girl let Hannelore go, who then put the amputated fingers in her mouth - probably because I know that preserves appendages for surgical reattachment, but I didn't realise it at the time - and then the masked psychopath was about to do the same to me. So I screamed like a girl, realised I had been a girl the entire time, and woke up. The end.

That was two days ago, and last night I bought a bottle of soft drink that was only filled 1/10th or so, and when I looked at the label it said "500 mm3". I tried to convert 500 mm3 to ml, but I couldn't before the dream faded into something else.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #371 on: 03 Feb 2013, 07:09 »

Dreams have the meaning you think they do.
Just another Joe like 46

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #372 on: 03 Feb 2013, 09:00 »

That was two days ago, and last night I bought a bottle of soft drink that was only filled 1/10th or so, and when I looked at the label it said "500 mm3". I tried to convert 500 mm3 to ml, but I couldn't before the dream faded into something else.

0.5 mL. That must have been a really small bottle. Or was it (500mm)3?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #373 on: 03 Feb 2013, 09:08 »

But sometimes I'm not quite sure what to think..  :meh:

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #374 on: 03 Feb 2013, 10:14 »

0.5 mL. That must have been a really small bottle. Or was it (500mm)3?
What, do you expect me to conjure up bottle labels in my dreams that accurately reflect the volume they contain, in a misleading unit no less? The bottle was 1 liter, and contained about 100 ml of whitish, opaque fluid. Like Aquarius lemon. Even though it would have contained more than advertised had I been able to convert the units into something I can estimate better, I still would have demanded my money back.

Disagree! Dreams are made of random stuff that's in your memory, jumbled up and filtered through a Meaninglessness Engine (patent pending).

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #375 on: 06 Feb 2013, 11:17 »

had a dream last night that I was walking around the DC mall and I passed a couple of pretty girls who told me I need to shave.

Perhaps my subconscious is saying I need to shave?  I have been getting comments from co-workers that I have really been growing out my beard lately.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Zingoleb

« Reply #376 on: 07 Feb 2013, 10:00 »

I had a dream that I was living in the shed at one of my old houses, only it was the attic here that was on top of it. Well, until some psychic brat started dropping boulders on my house and demolished it - the downstairs was okay, but the upstairs was completely destroyed. Someone re-built it, but the ceilings were so low that I couldn't even stand up straight in it, so I left.

At some point I ended up in some kind of magic, fairy-world business, on this bridge that crossed a waterfall. The water was warm, all sorts of vividly glowing stones embedded underneath, reds, blues, and greens mostly. I was just standing there, letting the hot steam pass over me - though at some point I fell off, landing at the base of the waterfall where there was a small ledge and some kind of face of bo business going on blocking the stairway that led upstairs. I went around to the back and found a secret passage which I pried open, finding a long sheet of bark that had some kind of spell on it, only I couldn't read it, so it decided to fuse with my body, which caused this angry, lovecraftian sea beast to rise out of the water and attack me...

I don't really remember the rest; I had a lot of dreams last night.

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #377 on: 08 Feb 2013, 06:50 »

Had one where I was babysitting these two little kids at my mom's house, a little boy and girl. I was also reading this really depressing children's book about a girl who cut herself and a boy that was always depressed.

So I was worried for some reason that the kids would somehow know what was in the book and get ideas, so I tried to read it away from them and keep it out of sight. But then the girl randomly wanted to read it and I had to say "no, it's for adults." And she got really unhappy and I thought I somehow fulfilled the prophecy anyway.

And then there was a knock on the door so I check who it is through the window. It was my great uncle for some reason, so I guess I let him in (I don't recall opening the door though... so I guess he teleported in). Then I looked outside again for no real reason and saw
a bunch of cars pulling into the driveway.

I managed to identify Bane and the Riddler as two of the drivers and suddenly knew someone invited Batman's rogues gallery to invade the house for some reason, so I ran back into the family room to warn my uncle and the kids, but my great uncle is gone and there's just the kids hanging out with the sketchiest looking Batman ever.

So I say "you're not really Batman, are you?" and "Batman" smiles and pull off the mask, revealing Catwoman and then I freaked out and woke up.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #378 on: 26 Feb 2013, 05:21 »

Oh god. I have a couple I should put here sometime, but getting ready for class now.

I did have one of those nice little bits where in the dream I went to sleep and my conscious body/mind woke up in response. I admit one of my first responses was 'lolwut', since it was sometime before my alarm.

Asterus

• FIGHT YOU
  • I'm not crazy, I'm just a little Unwell :P
« Reply #379 on: 26 Feb 2013, 13:42 »

You know what's just annoying in general with dreams? You get odd ideas and the mindset that such ideas are pretty important/interesting. But that all goes away when you're fully awake. All I can remember from ~3 AM was the feeling that I knew something that should be looked into, but decided I would better process it later when I was fully awake. Now I don't know what it is! T_T
From time to time you must concede, the need to sit down and have a good read:
http://hypocriticalparadox.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjonUt21G0HBaFsHPupFwxw
Those with Vas Deferens should show vast deference to those without.

LittleKing

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #380 on: 26 Feb 2013, 13:49 »

The other day I dreamt I was watching TV with my cat... and we were chatting about the show we were watching. I kept asking him questions about it to make sure he was paying attention.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #381 on: 26 Feb 2013, 14:06 »

I had a very vivid dream about fucking my best friend.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #382 on: 26 Feb 2013, 14:11 »

I had a really strange dream once. I was piloting some kind of spaceship over an organic planet. I don't remember much anymore, but I know for sure, that the planets surface was purple, and sometimes orange. The surface was moving, and in some places it was covered with corn fields.

That was one of the stranger dreams I've had. Most of the time I don't remember any dreams, so I feel like I didn't dream at all. I guess I would have to structurise my time schedule better, so I can remember my dreams.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

LittleKing

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #383 on: 26 Feb 2013, 15:09 »

Ahah! Are you attracted to your friend?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #384 on: 26 Feb 2013, 15:11 »

Kinda sorta not really? Also he lives like eight hours away. I don't think I'd mind London Bridging a girl in between or something but... not really.

LittleKing

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #385 on: 26 Feb 2013, 15:21 »

That IS weird then. Maybe it's just your subconscious showing that you really, REALLY like him :mrgreen:

Asterus

• FIGHT YOU
  • I'm not crazy, I'm just a little Unwell :P
« Reply #386 on: 26 Feb 2013, 15:43 »

You're glossing over the main point though!
Was his dream self anatomically correct?
From time to time you must concede, the need to sit down and have a good read:
http://hypocriticalparadox.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjonUt21G0HBaFsHPupFwxw
Those with Vas Deferens should show vast deference to those without.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #387 on: 26 Feb 2013, 15:56 »

Mostly, yeah, although his dick was for some reason set further back under his crotch than it is in real life, which was a bit odd.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #388 on: 26 Feb 2013, 18:00 »

I sort of wanted to make a joke that you probably shouldn't stick your dick in your guitar, but then it occurred to me I'm mixing you and Patrick up for a moment.

You know what's just annoying in general with dreams? You get odd ideas and the mindset that such ideas are pretty important/interesting. But that all goes away when you're fully awake.

Last time I really recall that happening was during an episodic dream stretch full of battle and fighting (or at least I vaguely recall battle and fighting), and the last thing I remembered before waking up that stuck with me was a voice proclaiming "These are the ending days of the Age of Storms".

Which hey is metal as fuck but I wouldn't mind remembering a bit more.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #389 on: 27 Feb 2013, 09:44 »

Patrick is my best friend.

His best friend is his guitar.

His guitar's best friend is Pat's mom.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #390 on: 27 Feb 2013, 10:30 »

So did you mean to indicate that you dream-fucked Pat?  :evil: :mrgreen:

I don't remember all of last night's dreams of course, and some of it is a little too weird-yet-sexual for me to feel comfortable relating it, but my dreams included a villain pinning us down on the ground with a low-flying attack helicopter, then some woman riding to our rescue in a civilian chopper, but when the antagonist launched a heat-seeking missile the lady managed to pull some fancy piloting and drive it back into him, a la some Hunt for Red October -level craziness.

Even when my life is pretty chill my dreams tend to involve fighting. >_< It's...okay. Sometimes it's some epic adventure stuff! But people are all "I dreamed of shoe shopping" and I'm all "I dreamed I was part of a government team fighting against the perpetrators and victims of a robotization plague, and at one point I got infected and had to fight the enemy within and all."  :psyduck:

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #391 on: 27 Feb 2013, 11:06 »

No, I have as of yet not dream-fucked anyone from here. I dream-humped Unicorn on a flight of stairs once.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #392 on: 27 Feb 2013, 11:18 »

I believe I had dream buttsex with you. Now I don't remember. It's in this thread somewhere.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #393 on: 27 Feb 2013, 11:21 »

and I thought I had strange dreams…
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #394 on: 27 Feb 2013, 11:38 »

Were you the bottom, or the top?

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #395 on: 27 Feb 2013, 12:20 »

I believe I was the top :D
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

LittleKing

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #396 on: 27 Feb 2013, 13:41 »

Is it that usual that members of this forum dream about each other (fucking or otherwise)?  :psyduck:

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #397 on: 27 Feb 2013, 13:42 »

Clearly not, given that seemingly neko and I have each only dreamt of another forumite once. We need Unicorn to dream about neko to close the loop. Or Unicorn to dream about someone else who dreams about neko, and so forth.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #398 on: 27 Feb 2013, 13:59 »

Should I make a 'going deeper' joke?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #399 on: 27 Feb 2013, 14:06 »

Baby, you just did.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29   Go Up