THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347802 times)

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #400 on: 27 Feb 2013, 14:54 »

I did no such thing! I am a completely innocent person.  :angel:  :mrgreen:

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #401 on: 27 Feb 2013, 15:05 »

Dicks.

Lotsa dicks.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Zingoleb

« Reply #402 on: 27 Feb 2013, 16:28 »

I haven't dreamed about fucking neko, per se...

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #403 on: 27 Feb 2013, 18:53 »

Yet.

I am the stuff that sex dreams are made of, people

Also fantasies. Lots and lots of fantasies. :D
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
« Reply #404 on: 27 Feb 2013, 18:56 »

I am the stuff that sex dreams are made of, people

Well, who am I to disagree? *Hums*
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
« Reply #405 on: 27 Feb 2013, 19:35 »

Dicks.

Lotsa dicks.
Been there, done unmentionable things with those. A-yup.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Zingoleb

« Reply #406 on: 27 Feb 2013, 20:11 »

this doesn't make you special

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #407 on: 27 Feb 2013, 20:52 »

And from the other end of the age spectrum, I can't recall having a sex dream in years, can no longer fantasize about boinking at my current age, but in the fantasies transport myself back to my early 20s with the women I knew at the time. Which is better than being past it all. Although as I consider dating, I'm beginning to rethink....

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #408 on: 27 Feb 2013, 20:54 »

this doesn't make you special
Doesn't make those dreams any less entertaining, though. ;D

I also have dreams where I'm trying to rescue a princess from a castle (no joke)...they usually end badly.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #409 on: 03 Mar 2013, 05:43 »

Blech.

Had a really fucked up dream today. Cannot really remember it, but as soon as I had any kind of thought in the dream, it would basically become real. I was aware that things weren't happening realistically, but (or because of his) it was... like being stuck in psychothriller. You have that feeling of shock thinking "this cannot be happening" and at the me time "this IS happening now".

I eventually managed to somehow get almost lucid. At that point, there was Harry Potter (as portrayed by Daniel Radcliffe) and another guy sitting at a bar table opposite of me, and  remember thinking that the other guy must be a selkie because he looked so weird (I didn't even remember what a selkie was, but "knew" it was fitting), then my brain made the connection "selkie"->"guys swimming in water", which made the guy turn into Gollum and Harry became a few years older (like, jumping from the fourth movie to the eight).

Then the Gollum guy started imploring me about giving him something (no, not the ring), he also suddenly had sunglasses (the "gangsta" kind), and they had dice painted on the glasses which made no sense at all, so my brain finally decided "fuck this, this doesn't make any sense" and luckily woke me up.

I had to look at my hands a few times afterwards to be sure I was really awake. I remember thinking "well, stuff in my room isn't turning into other stuff, so I must be awake".

Really wish my GF had been there for comfort.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #410 on: 03 Mar 2013, 18:19 »

Last night I had a dream in which I told Paul Krugman that an idea in his latest column was too simple and proposed a six-dimensional taxonomy to replace it, and asked whether North Korea's spectacular gap between production and capacity was a counterexample to his arguments about using fiscal policy to close an output gap in a liquidity trap.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #411 on: 03 Mar 2013, 18:59 »

Those are some pretty sweet dreams. Well, like not 'sweet', but 'cool'. Well not 'cool' necessarily, but...dangit if you're gonna dream might as well dream crazy!

Speaking of. I did say I'd share a couple of my dreams, and I"ve got a few minutes before I go get ready for this party.

Now I don't remember this one all too well of course, and there were a few different threads plot running through it...hm...okay, so my main character in the dream had recently come into ownership of a couple different businesses and properties. I remember some sexual subplot going on with a bookstore (he?) was trying to get off the ground. The real piece of work was a nightclub I had, in which I was screening a new or rediscovered film, and so at night I and a bunch of people got together to watch it, only it was...hm.

Okay so the film itself was based on a dream-scape 'historic event' about a town or city in past days that was under siege. It fell, but was never clearly determined whether it was due to betrayal from within or simple accident, and the film purported to answer those questions, as well as determining the fate of the various people in the town. Only the film was sort of a trap; starting the reel spinning summoned the two Elephant Spirits, Merciful Atima and Obosa, the Vengeance (or something like that, names may be a little off after all this time), and their demonic servitors to take us all prisoner until the movie ended. You see, the Elephants were to *judge* the spirits and actions of the people of the historical event in question, based on the actions of their actors and the film which I guess were somehow an echo of the past? And in some weird way *our* fates were to be judged as well in the process.

The movie played out and the fall of the city seemed to be more due to accident than treachery, and so Merciful Atima won out in the debate with Obosa, and we were set free.

Then the dream rewound itself. Now I should say that this is somewhat common in my particularly memorable dreams, for them to loop and replay a slightly different way. This new viewing of the film showed the fall of the city to be much more the product of pettiness, selfishness, and greed. I woke up before the end, but more and more evidence was piling up for Obosa's case, and I think I'd rather not find out what someone who's name includes "the Vengeance" does when they win a judgement. :x

TheCollyWolly

• Larger than most fish
  • pressganged into service on a gnome submarine
« Reply #412 on: 03 Mar 2013, 21:55 »

I had a dream that my girlfriend and I had a baby, and it was terrifying in all kinds of ways. It was really vivid and I woke up more confused than I've ever been...

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #413 on: 04 Mar 2013, 15:55 »

I had a dream that my girlfriend and I had a baby, and it was terrifying in all kinds of ways. It was really vivid and I woke up more confused than I've ever been...

Which one of you was giving birth? That might clarify the level of terrfying.
Worry Hat, Engage!

TheCollyWolly

• Larger than most fish
  • pressganged into service on a gnome submarine
« Reply #414 on: 06 Mar 2013, 20:41 »

Which one of you was giving birth? That might clarify the level of terrfying.

Oh, she was the one doing the... birthing? Baby-ing? It was still pretty scary, in a oh-shit-my-life-is-different-forever-now kind of way.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #415 on: 06 Mar 2013, 20:43 »

Heh...wait until it really happens. You can pinch yourself on the arm all you want, but it won't help because you're already awake. Nyahahaha...

No, it's a wonderful experience. After the fact, of course.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #416 on: 07 Mar 2013, 07:35 »

Sexy dreams about people you despise are annoying.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #417 on: 07 Mar 2013, 08:06 »

Also dreams about repeatedly punching people in the face whom you don't despise at all.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Zingoleb

« Reply #418 on: 07 Mar 2013, 09:12 »

being woken up by the person whose in your dream  :psyduck:

we ended up in a lawfirm and he disappeared and there was this very sternly angry rabbi following everyone around and the head guy was like "we're religious, but who knows what religion it is!" being all happy and chummy with him while showing everyone off? the rabbi was like 'you need oranges in your life' and i went upstairs and there was a bunch of orange seeds framed from an orange seed spitting contest (including one 'so small the judges had to squint to see it') and I ended up getting a bunch of oranges and taking all the seeds and i went out to the steps outside and took my pants off and started scraping handfuls of orange seeds over my leg, making it really orange in the process

then the rabbi came out and glared at me and i remembered 'carrots! even the master knows you're supposed to use carrots!' and that's when i woke up anyhow.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #419 on: 07 Mar 2013, 11:13 »

I once had a dream about banging Bruce Springsteen. Can't remember if I mentioned that in here already. This was long, long before I liked his music.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #420 on: 07 Mar 2013, 11:16 »

I've obviously been watching too much True Blood lately, because I've had several dreams including characters from the show. Still no sex dream with Eric though, which sucks.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #421 on: 07 Mar 2013, 13:39 »

If I was to describe the person I dreamt of in QC terms (because why wouldn't I?), he's like if you took the Makeout Hobo and Early Womaniser Sven and combined them then dipped them in tar to add extra disgusting-ness. I have called this person, "objectively scum", which is one of my favourite ways I've ever described someone.

I don't want to admit it but it was a pretty awesome HateFuck.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #422 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:21 »

I bought extended care on my 4-month-old Mac laptop yesterday, in observance of the first day of a new credit card billing cycle.
But last night, I dreamed that I dropped the new laptop I'd bought yesterday, shattering a large part of a corner of the plastic case. Applecare wouldn't cover that, I knew, and the model was so new I'd never find the case part to do the repair myself. By the end of the dream, I'd convinced myself that Apple wouldn't charge a lot for the repair.
Hah!
Reality check: The laptop has a unibody aluminum case. And it's intact this morning.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #423 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:23 »

I dreamed that I went on a date with two guys that I used to date on the internet. They live in the Netherlands, and I never actually met them in person, though I saw many pictures.

It was really... real. And a little creepy. And made me miss them a lot.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #424 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:32 »

I dreamed that I was driving with my father on a steep mountain road, which was incredibly difficult, because the road wasn't plastered with asphalt but with motor oil. It got really really difficult and my father kept giving me shit because I couldn't get the car over the hill. When we got to the top of the hill, a bear started to attack me, and out of fear, I cursed a lot (I'd be FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK, but in Turkish, and that is really undecent to shout that there). The bear tore open my chest and arms, but I always managed to get away. Then all of a sudden, the motorists behind us (which were already angry because it took so long to get on the hill) started shouting and were really upset with me because I swore so much and my father got in a fight with them because they were so impolite.

The dream ended when the bear said "fuck this, you guys are no challenge to me at all" and slid down the oil motorway on his belly.

edit: and my signature was inspired by another recurring dream I used to have.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #425 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:33 »

It was really... real. And a little creepy. And made me miss them a lot.
If it made you miss them, it sounds like it was sweet more than it was creepy.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #426 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:36 »

The dream ended when the bear said "fuck this, you guys are no challenge to me at all" and slid down the oil motorway on his belly.
So did you wake up in fear, anger and trembling, or with a chuckle at the bear's exit?

When I related the occasional dream to a shrink many years ago his question was always, "How did that make you feel?"

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #427 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:41 »

So did you wake up in fear, anger and trembling, or with a chuckle at the bear's exit?
I woke up in fear, but not because of the bear, but because of the protesting motorists. I don't like being shouted at for my faults.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #428 on: 14 Mar 2013, 09:20 »

It was definitely more sweet than creepy. But I knew, even in the dream, that they lived very far away. It also made me sad because I'm no longer in contact with either of them.

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #429 on: 14 Mar 2013, 10:54 »

Neko... obvious question, but I'll ask it in case there's a less obvious answer/circumstance involved... do you have any way to get in touch with them again? Dreams like that often seem like a signal that it might be nice to catch up with certain people you don't even realize you miss.  :-)

Had a dream that I went to some theme park with one of my best friends. For some reason, we had to ride one of the rides into the park and had to choose which one individually. My ride choices were called "Fire World" and "Ghost World." I (somehow) knew Ghost World was literally heart attack inducing, so I opted to take my chances with Fire World.... I thought it'd be firefighter themed or something. Little did I know it was just Ghost World, but with fire.  :psyduck:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #430 on: 14 Mar 2013, 11:00 »

I don't have any of their contact information anymore :(

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #431 on: 14 Mar 2013, 13:04 »

What about usernames and country?

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #432 on: 14 Mar 2013, 13:33 »

One is Jonathan, from the Netherlands, and one went by Squall (I don't remember his real name), they were friends, and lived close to each other. That's literally all I've got.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #433 on: 14 Mar 2013, 13:46 »

When I was learning shorthand at university and had to practise it every day as well as the 90 minutes of lessons each time, I used to literally dream of people talking in shorthand. I would perceive them as talking in the dream and HEAR the written outlines. It was kind of amazing.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #434 on: 14 Mar 2013, 16:02 »

That is amazing, and that I can't quite visualize it doesn't make it any less so. What's especially interesting is how shorthand became a sort of language, a communication medium. I had a slightly similar but simpler experience , this one with typing.
I took a typing course in sophomore year of high school, first semester. At the time, I was a bike messenger for Western Union, taking telegrams to people all over the White Plains NY area. When I completed the course, I asked for an "inside" job, and at one point, I learned to type on a teletype machine. The kind of machine I used had a maximum speed of 65 wpm, but that speed was measured more as characters per minute, or per second -- if I typed more characters in a second than that rate (65 x 5?), this electromechanical machine would freeze. So bursts of speed were out. What I learned was a very constant rhythm on the keyboard. And as I was learning that, I would go to sleep "writing" to myself in that rhythm. I think I dreamed in it too.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #435 on: 19 Mar 2013, 11:03 »

Last night I dreamed my way through a romance themed musical with a ton of random songs I can't remember now, it was freaking epic.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #436 on: 19 Mar 2013, 18:36 »

I had a dream about ninjas. I really shouldn't binge-read Dr. McNinja chapters before going to sleep.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #437 on: 20 Mar 2013, 12:59 »

Someone I know has been dreaming about fucking me.

Think I might have to make her dream a reality ;-)

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #438 on: 20 Mar 2013, 13:46 »

But can you change into a fighter jet midway through? I'm not sure you can compete with my dream-Gareth very well otherwise.   :mrgreen:

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #439 on: 20 Mar 2013, 14:29 »

Well actually I do that most weekends, why, have you dreamed about it too cause THAT'D BE SO WEIRD?

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #440 on: 20 Mar 2013, 14:37 »

I have not actually, but I can try to dream about confetti-sex with your avatar guy if that would help.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #441 on: 20 Mar 2013, 14:46 »

Don't go bangin' Vince Russo in your dreams. He'll just turn heel on you at the end of it and it'll turn out he was aligned with your ex boyfriend the entire time.

There is literally no one on this forum who will understand what the fuck I'm talking about. Even the only other wrestling fan here I don't think will.

Anyway, point is... DREAM ABOUT FUCKING MEEEEE

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #442 on: 20 Mar 2013, 14:53 »

While I don't know the specifics, I did follow professional wrestling and all its goofy glory for a couple years in the mid-00s. So I sort of get it.

I'LL TRY OKAY

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #443 on: 20 Mar 2013, 15:21 »

Good.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #444 on: 20 Mar 2013, 15:31 »

Don't go bangin' Vince Russo in your dreams. He'll just turn heel on you at the end of it and it'll turn out he was aligned with your ex boyfriend the entire time.

There is literally no one on this forum who will understand what the fuck I'm talking about. Even the only other wrestling fan here I don't think will.

If you're referring to me, indeed, I have no clue. Although I'm a sucky fan.

~ ~

I've been reading about dog's dreams.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #445 on: 20 Mar 2013, 15:32 »

Hey I already have

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #446 on: 20 Mar 2013, 15:37 »

Nice.

I don't have very vivid dreams generally so I've not had many sex dreams, Springsteen aside and the dry-humping Unicorn one.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #447 on: 20 Mar 2013, 15:37 »

No one dry-humps ME in their dreams *sniffle*

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #448 on: 20 Mar 2013, 15:48 »

Neko apart from anything else if I could choose who I had sex dreams about I'd have had them about you like five years back.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #449 on: 20 Mar 2013, 18:00 »

Aww why is that so flattering
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29   Go Up