THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 17:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347951 times)

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #450 on: 20 Mar 2013, 19:24 »

... if I could choose who I had sex dreams about...

Well, you could always use daydreaming, but that would be cheating :laugh: .

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #451 on: 30 Mar 2013, 17:04 »

Last night I had a dream where someone's TV was showing a series based on Fifty Shades of Grey, with a laugh track.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #452 on: 30 Mar 2013, 17:15 »

That is ... awesome.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #453 on: 30 Mar 2013, 17:35 »

I had a strangely vivid dream lately. That's unusual, as I usually don't remember my dreams.

I remember wanting to buy something, I knew was not necessary, and walking around, wondering what it was. I entered a store (which was exactly a store which has been closed 5 years ago close to my home), and remembered what it was. I bought a Nintendo 3DS XL. I knew that I wouldn't need it, but just thought "What the heck, I'll buy it anyway". I also remember being surprised by how cheap it was. What was strange as well, is that the price was exactly the current retail price of a 3DS XL, even though I never purposely researched it. This whole episode remembered me strangely of the Futurama episode, in which Fry is getting Advertisements transmitted into his dreams (Lightspeed Briefs!). The dream hadn't ended yet though. The rest of it consisted of, well, pretty much the same as the first part. I wandered around, wondering what I have bought what I wouldn't need, and couldn't figure it out.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #454 on: 31 Mar 2013, 18:37 »

Very weird one, featuring the two main characters from The Big Bang Theory.

It involved a hotel room, a harness, and some sort of sumo wrestling suit.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #455 on: 31 Mar 2013, 18:40 »

Friday night I had a dream that we got a tiny little beagle/dachshund puppy (in addition to our German Shepherd). It kept running around and escaped from the backyard because our fence is falling over. Then in the morning we kept hearing these scratching scuffling noises from the attic/wall, and my husband tried to wake me up to listen to it, and before I was really awake I was like, "no no it's okay it's just the puppy." Turns out, no, it's birds.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #456 on: 01 Apr 2013, 02:25 »

After reading this entire topic, I feel a bit more normal - I'm the only person I know of who knows that they are, in fact, dreaming, anytime I dream. I never have any control over my "character" though. Just three parallel thought processes - my dream self's thought process, my dream self's memories/intuition (always incredibly complex/detailed), and my nearly-consious "standard" thought process. As a reference, when I'm fully awake I always have 2-5 thought processes running at once. 

I typically dream in over-the-shoulder third person, or (less commonly) a completely detached third person view. When that happens I'm usually able to switch back to over the shoulder third person at will, but I normally end up drifting back to detached third person.

I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do they're normally fucked up. One of my most haunting dreams was from when I was about 13. I dreamed that, with my long & sharp fingernails, I ripped out my own heart. I watched myself bleed out, felt myself getting weak. I didn't die though, was just incredibly weak. I hid the heart behind my mom's China Hutch, and went off to find the bicycle pump - I knew I needed to keep my blood circulating somehow. Before I could find it I woke up.

The freakish part? It wasn't a nightmare. All I felt was morbid fascination, a little physical pain, and a sense of purpose.

I wrote up sweating and feeling shaken, but not scared.
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2013, 02:38 by mtmerrick »

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #457 on: 01 Apr 2013, 03:26 »

Like a martini.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #458 on: 01 Apr 2013, 05:22 »

Last night's dream was that a small group of deities were/are arranging my life specifically for the highest comedy potential for them. Upon waking my first thought was "That was a weird dream.... which is exactly what they'd want me to think!" ah paranoia I missed you!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #459 on: 01 Apr 2013, 06:18 »

what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper
« Reply #460 on: 01 Apr 2013, 06:21 »

I had a dream last night that I was investigating an underground drug ring, and it led to me suspecting a former co-worker, but the guy had just been "absolved of any wrongdoing whatsoever" by the pope. I had to call another co-worker to let me in on the first guy's mob payroll, and when I woke up I realized that these two co-workers wouldn't have known each other, because they live in different cities and I know the from different jobs. Graaaahh...
Worry Hat, Engage!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #461 on: 05 Apr 2013, 09:53 »

Haven't really gotten much sleep as of late, but when I did, I had a weird one:

Dreamed my cat had turned into a human girl of age 17. I think she was going to say something to me, but not sure what.

Probably, "Can I have car keys, daddy?"
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #462 on: 05 Apr 2013, 10:23 »

I posted a vaguely weird dream in the TMI thread.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

mtmerrick

« Reply #463 on: 07 Apr 2013, 13:39 »

I just had one of the most "normal" dreams I've ever had.

I was playing ingress at the mall. I found a portal inside a small bookstore, and as I got in range, it started talking, as if it were alive. Creepy,  but I was more excited than anything. So I go in, and it turns out there's a special ingress-related event going on. I get a free book that I'm really excited about. Then my mother shows up and drags me off. I'm yelling at her, getting very hurt/upset, because she wouldn't let me get it signed - the guy behind the counter was the author. 

Normally my dreams are much weirder, much less realistic. And I rarely remember them. 

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #464 on: 07 Apr 2013, 14:19 »

Sometimes I think my subconscious may be too nerdy. I had a dream where someone offered me use of a 3-D printer but I couldn't think of anything I wanted, but finally came up with the idea of making a copy of a "machinist's puzzle" artifact which my car shop used to display on the counter.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

mtmerrick

« Reply #465 on: 07 Apr 2013, 14:25 »

Well, my answer to that would completely depend on the scale of the printer, the materials it could use,  and the resolution.

Zingoleb

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #467 on: 07 Apr 2013, 15:28 »

This afternoon's nap dream involved an unreasonably large and fuzzy caterpillar that had decided I was a tree and it was going to hang out. Right before I woke up it started trying to kill me.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #468 on: 10 Apr 2013, 14:55 »

I was watching a documentary about reconstructions of the possible appearance of animals from the Burgess Shale.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #469 on: 10 Apr 2013, 15:10 »

Last night I had a dream Nekowafer moved in to the house opposite mine and we became super besties. She invited me over to the house, which turned out to be like a 24/7 sex dungeon with orgies going on constantly. The only other forumers I noticed were Ackblom and Gareth. Ackblom was pissed off for some reason. Gareth was fucking people.

Zingoleb

« Reply #470 on: 10 Apr 2013, 15:12 »

i

wow

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #471 on: 10 Apr 2013, 16:00 »

Yep, sounds about right to me. Except the angry part.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #472 on: 10 Apr 2013, 16:04 »

I was really annoyed when my alarm went off because I was trying to figure out why Ackblom was angry. I think some people were shagging where they weren't supposed to be shagging.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #473 on: 10 Apr 2013, 16:10 »

Gee, I wonder who that was  :mrgreen:

ackblom12

« Reply #474 on: 10 Apr 2013, 16:12 »

Had I been reading Internet comment sections? Those make me pretty angry.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #475 on: 10 Apr 2013, 16:20 »

I think you just wished I was bangin' you instead of whoever else was in the room.

Zingoleb

« Reply #476 on: 10 Apr 2013, 16:40 »

he was angry i wasn't there, i bet.

i'm not projecting, fuck you

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #477 on: 10 Apr 2013, 16:46 »

I assume I got lots of action because it was my house, after all.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #478 on: 11 Apr 2013, 05:19 »

Uni, you may have been there but my alarm interrupted before I saw you.

Neko, you were busy being a perfect host to me. You were showing me around the rooms and being all, "This fire place is an original feature." without acknowledging the shagging group in front of it at all.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #479 on: 11 Apr 2013, 05:56 »

Dream-me sounds awesome.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #480 on: 11 Apr 2013, 06:59 »

I had a rather bizarre dream about Emily (the QC character) last night... In the dream I went to a restaurant with my mom, and Emily was the waitress. None of the things she said had anything to do with food, and she tried to sell me a cell phone for some reason... I'm starting to think I shouldn't eat jalapenos shortly before going to bed anymore.  :psyduck:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #481 on: 11 Apr 2013, 08:11 »

Well that was a pretty awesome dream actually, something to do with a shotgun, "dragon's breath" rounds and having to fight off an army of ents.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #482 on: 11 Apr 2013, 08:31 »

I dreamt that I met myself but I didn't recognize me and neither did uh.. I. We talked for a while, finding out we had very similar backgrounds.. then all of a sudden we recognized each other.

We didn't have sex though.  :-\

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #483 on: 11 Apr 2013, 08:46 »

this all went down about a few weeks ago

had 3 dreams.

The first dream had me in space with some sort of space navy.  I was with a squad of guys who went on a space station to evacuate some scientists and get some data and fight off some alien troops who attacked it.  Meanwhile we were waiting for the counter-counter attack by the alien navy.  It was very intense and I got plenty of scientists out and flew a space fighter out of the facility and engaged some enemy fighters while the scientists got to the main ship.  The alien vessels eventually backed off and retreated.  I was left wondering if we should go back to the facility, but instead chose to abandon the facility as we had no way of defending it and eventually left.

The next dream I was still in the marines but it was modern times and I went to go check on my Ex before I was getting deployed.  A squad mate tagged along and I found she was living in the Scottish highlands with some older woman.  She wasnt happy to see me but I could tell her and my squadmate were kind of crushing on each other.  I told her I was being deployed and might die and we kissed each other goodbye.  Next thing I know me and my squadmate and my brother are in some sort of middle east country fighting some professional army. explosions, tanks, ambushes.  all of that was going down as me and my squad was trying to push them out of a town and get into the next town.  We came across a medical tent with cots that was being run by my ex and that old woman.  My ex was still being nasty towards me and flirty with my squad mate.  Eventually we left and went into the next town and I vividly remember shooting an enemy who fell on the ground and looked up at me wearing clear wrap around glasses and I shot him in the forehead with my pistol.

alien world
the third dream kind of bridged the other two.  I was a marine on some alien world fighting their troops.  My squad broke into some large facility and killed all the troops and a couple of their leaders.  I killed 2 out of their 3 leaders in our sector and came upon the 3rd who was a female.  She had fled and I followed her to what was some sort of church.  She was giving some sort of speech to rows of civilians that I couldn't quite understand because I didn't speak their language.  I raised my gun at her and she appeared to me as a baby chicken and was just waiting for me to pull the trigger, as if she just told the congregation that we were blood thirsty and there was nothing they could do.  She just stared at me frowning, just waiting.  I fired a special round that stuck to her and could detonate like a remote charge.  I chose not to detonate.  I lowered my gun, took off my helmet, and pulled out my ipod.  I took one head phone and gave it to her and put one on.  We then listened to smash mouth's "then the morning comes" (which oddly enough I do not have on my ipod) and quickly learned each others language and the congregation started to warm up to me.  I told her that there was a way we could establish peace and that my people would back off if we could establish a trading post on their planet for interstellar trade and trade with her people.  She went to go think about it and stood on a ledge.  I passed her one of the head phones again and leaned on the railing next to her and we just listened to music. she started singing the lyrics in her language and I started singing the lyrics in english.

today I posted this
had a dream the other night that I was a badass COG soldier from gears of war.  The weird thing is I fought locus and zerg.  Was rather exciting.  I was non-chalante about everything like snake from the escape movies.  Even stranger, I havnt played any GoW games since 2009.

last night I dreamed I was play wrestling with a cute nerdy girl and some how her (explicit content) came off and I ended up (explicit content) her (explicit content) and she giggled with glee.

and a friend responded with this

Well, in each dream you are in an unfamiliar setting, and two of them are set in the future. I would suspect this betrays some anxiety about where your life is headed. You are also in not just conflict, but open warfare. Perhaps you feel you are fighting against the situations of your life. You find a female and you have to make peace with her and work hard to understand her, which is not uncommon with men and women.

Your sex dream is probably just a sex dream, but it is interesting that even in a sex dream you are wrestling with the lady. Chicks are tough, bro.

mind blown :psyduck:

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #484 on: 11 Apr 2013, 09:52 »

Dream-me sounds awesome.

Dream you sounds terrible, because dream me wasn't nailing her.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #485 on: 11 Apr 2013, 10:13 »

Hey. That's just what Lynnie saw. We could have been humping like rabbits all day until I invited her over. YOU DON'T KNOW DREAM ME

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #486 on: 11 Apr 2013, 10:32 »

Dream me needs some space from dream you, dream you is suffocating dream me!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #487 on: 11 Apr 2013, 11:35 »

I'LL DREAM SUFFOCATE DREAM YOU

FOR REALS

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #488 on: 11 Apr 2013, 11:37 »

My dream yous can only be informed from what I know of real you. Since I have never seen Gareth and Neko humping like rabbits, I could not dream it. I can think of one way to fix that.  :angel:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #489 on: 11 Apr 2013, 11:38 »

Watching rabbits hump and imagining they have our faces?

I almost typed feces instead of faces

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #490 on: 11 Apr 2013, 11:42 »

I think we just hit a dream meta event horizon.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #491 on: 11 Apr 2013, 11:58 »

Watching rabbits hump and imagining they have our faces?

(click to show/hide)

I'LL DREAM SUFFOCATE DREAM YOU

FOR REALS

Forgot to mention I laughed so hard at this.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #492 on: 11 Apr 2013, 12:05 »

I have no words so I will just bang my head on the keyboard

gfrzkfzdfjklbz;dkbjz;djfklbzdfj;klbzdkfbkgfdkgfr

You rock.

Zingoleb

« Reply #493 on: 11 Apr 2013, 12:36 »

Dream me needs some space from dream you, dream you is suffocating dream me!

i'm p. sure this is a subplot in homestuck

Zingoleb

« Reply #494 on: 11 Apr 2013, 12:37 »

wait wait wait wait THAT PICTURE

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #495 on: 11 Apr 2013, 12:42 »

What fucking photo of me is that?

You captured my fur brilliantly.

Seriously though what photo was that? I don't recognise it at all!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #496 on: 11 Apr 2013, 12:43 »

I love how I'm wearing sunglasses and making a derpy face while getting humped by a Gaz-rabbit

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig
« Reply #497 on: 11 Apr 2013, 13:20 »

Yeahhh, that is amazing.  :laugh:
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #498 on: 11 Apr 2013, 13:20 »

I just looked for photos on your Facebooks where you were looking somewhat to the side. </stalker>

mtmerrick

« Reply #499 on: 11 Apr 2013, 13:24 »

That is amazing. Truly art. *claps*
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29   Go Up