THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347858 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #650 on: 03 May 2013, 02:16 »

....yikes, a Paprika level? That can't be good for the brain meats
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #651 on: 03 May 2013, 03:15 »

You're gonna reach a Paprika level.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #652 on: 03 May 2013, 03:48 »

The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
« Reply #653 on: 03 May 2013, 04:19 »

..I love you, Unicorn. :laugh:
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

Zingoleb

« Reply #654 on: 03 May 2013, 11:30 »

aww, thanks!

i had a dream the bus was going to drop me off in chorrol (which in my dream was situated near cheydinhal? ???) which irritated me 'cause we were going up there all the way from leyawiin and we weren't stopping in the imperial city, but that was cool - i'd just water walk over to the imperial city. anyhow, i had a helmet of detect life on and there were fucking COWS EVERYWHERE, glowing fucking COWS just COVERING THE HILLS. also a canister that, when broken, would give you magic power (geneforge reference)

also, the inside of the bus was shaped like malfoy manor and i poured salt along the inside of the door and window of draco's room, effectively locking him out, and also making tom felton sad.

????????

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #655 on: 03 May 2013, 11:37 »

wait, there are no cows in Vvardenfell!!!! :psyduck:

I have only seen 2 episodes of doctor who but I had a dream last night that I was a time lord.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Zingoleb

« Reply #656 on: 03 May 2013, 11:38 »

yeah and the geography wasn't remotely cyrodiil-ish either. there was also all these broken homes and witches  up in the northeast who had tried to grasp power beyond their control and ending up wiping out their own people, with only a few brittle survivors who tried to warn me about magic  :psyduck:

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #657 on: 03 May 2013, 11:42 »

power overwhelming
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Zingoleb

« Reply #658 on: 03 May 2013, 12:28 »

new reaction gif acquired

mtmerrick

« Reply #659 on: 03 May 2013, 16:13 »

I don't remember my dream from tonight but I remember being heavily WTF'ing as I woke up. 

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #660 on: 04 May 2013, 00:41 »

Three weird dreams today.

In one, I publicly posted a video of me where I was autoeroticising to some other video to Facebook. It was meant as a PM to my girlfriend (which isn't even on Facebook IRL). After like five minutes, I realized my mistake, but by then it already had 6 likes and 11 comments (my brain loves remembering numbers). I am pretty sure I don't even have that many people that receive my updates. I deleted it and then was basically hoping noone had downloaded it. I remember posting some other comments; one of them was offering monetary rewards for related stuff, for example, 1 grand to whoever came up with a way to make sure this video... wasn't leaked anywhere or something. I am not sure. And 100 dollars (strangely, not EUR) for something else.

I remember waking up thinking about how stupid that dream was. I am not sure if I really woke up or my brain was just thinking I did.

Anyway, my second dream was far more interesting. I "decided" to go to what I have now named the Carnival of Dreams. My dreamcanon was that I had already visited it in my dreams before, but now that I am awake, I am relatively sure that never happened.

The Carnival of Dreams works like this: it irregularly comes into town, noone knowing where it comes from or where it goes. The general consensus is that it somehow predicts the future, or reads from your unconscious, or does some other stuff which is supposed to be impossible. You can ask it questions, and it will lead you into relevant rooms, which can also change and play the typical "this room certainly wasn't behind this door before" game. No two rooms are supposed to be ever the same. (All pretty cliche, I know.) You are allotted one hour in the carnival. Some of the rooms or attractions have additional prices listed which were quite high (I specifically remember 10€ and 30€ for something), but there was no way to pay them, and I don't think anyone did.

This time, I was guided through the carnival by Death (ie the grim reaper in the black cloak). I say this time, because, again according to my dreammemories of the place, I had not had a guide the first time I had been there. I knew Death would guide me to the places I wanted to go, but not enter them with me.

Warning: This is going to be long, as the dream was full of details. I spoilered it for your convenience.
(click to show/hide)
I flew away from the Carnival shapeshifting into a cartoonish bat swarm and woke up.

I checked my phone. It was 07:55. I kept lying in my bed musing about how strange the dream was. Eventually, I must have fallen asleep again. I had a somewhat cryptic conversation with my ten year old me inside a sphere or bubble that kept shrinking as time passed by, indicating that our time together was running out, but I lucidly forced it to grow to keep talking. (I found that if you want to make a sphere you are in grow, it's easier to imagine a spiral motion instead of one increasing the diameter of a circle.)

I asked him for advice for some of my real-life troubles, but he only gave me the standard cryptic bullshit to follow the light and not the darkness (yes, literally.) I insisted how this was not an answer, refusing to let the bubble collapse, which would have made him leave. Eventually, he left anyway, I woke up, checked my phone again (it was 8:10) and sat down to write this post. And apparently, I have been typing for an hour  :psyduck:

mtmerrick

« Reply #661 on: 04 May 2013, 01:00 »

You dream in black and white? o_O

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #662 on: 04 May 2013, 01:11 »

Eh. I am not sure. I mostly don't remember the color of things in my dreams after I wake up. I think colors usually appear only if they are somehow relevant to the "plot". Otherwise, it's usually something like black and white, yes. It's difficult to explain, really.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #663 on: 04 May 2013, 01:15 »

Relevant, to the thread in general, nothing in particular

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #664 on: 04 May 2013, 01:31 »

Unfortunately, this SME-music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights.

:x

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #665 on: 04 May 2013, 01:32 »

I feel so sorry for those living under GEMA's tyranny. :(

EDIT: also, I, like, totally, have wet dreams about satan and sacrificing newborns in the valley of moloch. :evil:

Zingoleb

« Reply #666 on: 04 May 2013, 01:32 »

that was the 666th post in this thread

are you satisfied

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #667 on: 04 May 2013, 01:34 »

Oh.

I am ashamed now.

Zingoleb

« Reply #668 on: 04 May 2013, 01:35 »

:evil:

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #669 on: 04 May 2013, 03:14 »

It's not unusual to dream in black and white. Some people are incapable of dreaming otherwise.

Zingoleb

« Reply #670 on: 04 May 2013, 10:49 »

like sociopaths!

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #671 on: 04 May 2013, 14:00 »

....but that would make me one...
in all seriousness, I can't see colours in my dreams AT ALL. I sometimes know things around me have colours, but I still see them in black and white.

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #672 on: 04 May 2013, 14:01 »

I dream in monochrome sometimes.

mtmerrick

« Reply #673 on: 04 May 2013, 14:50 »

The colors in dreams for me are both muted and vivid at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Dreampost incoming. Writing now.

mtmerrick

« Reply #674 on: 04 May 2013, 15:53 »

So the dream started with me and my family entering a building. This was a massive building. A large foyer and a central (not straight, but it felt like it) hallway,  with huge square rooms tacked on at architecturally impossible angles. This was not a church,  but church services (of an unknown christian religion) were being had there. For some reason my parents wanted to stay. So we did. (my family has not gone to church in a couple years,  IRL) But in the incoming rush of people I got split off from my family. They went into the furthest room, where the religious speaker was. I got funneled into the room closest to the front door on the left side. There was an identical stage/podium in each room, and speakers to broadcast what the speaker was saying,  but nothing to look at other than the empty podium. Which was quite ironic considering the seating was based around huge long tables, stretching the entire width of the room,  and fixed seats attached to it. The sort of thing you'd see in a lecture hall or something. Made to be looking forward when there was nothing forward at all. The two rooms (left and right) that were closest to the entrance were the only ones like this. I was told to sit at the back. This was the last hall to be filled. Only a few other people were sitting there,  most notably Cole. (Cole was an IRL quazi-friend I had on a few soccer teams I was on back when I was MUCH younger.  Like 12-13yo. Though we weren't the same religion, our mothers thought it would be a good idea to send us to church/bible study at his church. That did not go over well. After that we didn't talk outside of the soccer field. I haven't really thought about him since)

So after sitting down I spotted Cole. Not exactly the Cole I remembered, as he was age-accelerated to be the age I am now, but definitely recognizable. Shaggier hair than I remembered. This was significant to me for some reason. He was sitting in the row in front of me, to the left. The one of my sisters came in as the last person let in,  and sat to my right. I tried striking up a conversation with Cole. This was (according to my dream-self's memories) not the first time we'd seen each other in dreamworld, but it didn't happen often so I enjoyed it when it did. We traded a few words, including me joking that we always seemed to wind up in church together. My sister was doing g something on her phone - my mom's Galaxy S3, actually, which she's not allowed to touch IRL, but my dream self's memories reminded me she had gotten it as a hand-me-down - and when I looked back at Cole, he was in the same row in front of me,  but in the seat to my right instead my left. He had the exact same phone as my dad (VZW Note II,  Gray,  with Flip Cover) and I began to ask him about it,  but he ssshhhh'd me,  as he was taking pictures of the podium,  which he found fascinating. The lights were getting dimmer. People started leaving but Cole stayed entranced by the muffled and indecipherable speaker's voice coming out of the speakers. My sister tugged on my arm,  as if to say it's time to leave. I woke up.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #675 on: 05 May 2013, 07:46 »

My dream last night:

I was taking my first behind the wheel driving lesson (IRL this is scheduled for Tuesday, wee), but when I got there, they put me in a huge truck (think Fedex truck) instead of a car. Also Welu and Gaz and Unicorn were there, plus my sister and my friend Chris. And they were all in the truck with me, in back seats, even though that's not something that exists in Fedex trucks.

So I start driving and within a couple minutes I crash the thing - it falls over on its side and I kill someone. Then all of a sudden we are all out of the truck, no harm done, and waiting in what I knew was the driving school's lobby... but it looked like a highschool gym with mats everywhere for gymnastic activities.

So I'm sitting there all pissed off that they'd make me drive a truck instead of a car. I bitched about it with everyone (especially Welu) and finally decided to go talk to the guy at the front desk about it. As I'm walking up, he calls my sister's name, and she walks up all sassy saying, "You know what time it is!" She bitches him out - this is something my sister is very good at. If I need an advocate for something, she is who I call. So she's at that for a while and then I get in on it and keep bitching at the guy. Apparently I paid $200 to be out in a truck for a couple minutes and I was pissed.

That's all I remember.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #676 on: 05 May 2013, 11:01 »

Last night I was on an old timey style cruise from england to boston.  I had my own cabin and the tvs on the cruise played the titanic over and over again, except the girl playing rose was topless the entire time.  me and the other passengers worried it was an omen that this ship would sink, but it turned out to be a prank by the crew.  When I got to boston and was visiting family I had 7+ missed calls from james vega that he wanted to hang out some time.  I visited him and found he was being electroshock tortured in a hospital run by greys who were doing experiments disguised as doctors. Me, Alenko, and a salarian (kirrahe maybe?) broke him out of the hospital and snuck aboard a transport heading to a ufo in orbit that was balloon shaped.  We fought the aliens deck to deck until we made it tot he control room and found they had infected the internet with a data gathering virus that was virtually undetectable.  To leave the virus inert we would have to destroy this ship.  Somehow Alenko was disgraced for not stopping this silent invasion and we were going to give him credit for the mission to help clear his name.  We made it to the engine room where the alien commander was.  Kirrahe? suggested we set a nuke in the engine room and captured the leader.  We made for the elevator to get to the air lock but sealed the commander inside the elevator.  We jumped out into space and landed on a transport flown by an unnamed asari commando.  She was making remarks that alenko failed to stop the invasion again to high command as we where climbing inside the transport.  The nuke then detonated.  She then broadcasted in excitement on all channels that alenko did it, he destroyed the enemy ship.  She dropped us off at a gathering point of soldiers that cheered and greeted us.  James gave me a big old bear hug thanking me for saving him.  Alenko shook my hand and hugged me for helping him.

I think I need to lay off mass effect for awhile.

mtmerrick

« Reply #677 on: 05 May 2013, 13:56 »

By this time in the day I've forgotten my dream from last night, but I recall it took place on some sort of physical manifestation of this forum,  and a lot of you guys were there.  :psyduck:

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #678 on: 06 May 2013, 05:22 »

I had a dream the other night where I fought off a lynx that was trying to kill my cat. For some reason, my wussy cat who won't even take on other cats half his size, had attacked the lynx and he was obviously losing. So I put on this hideous, grey, bulky pair of trainers I remember I had when I was around 12/13, and I started kicking the lynx until it ran away, and my cat was fine.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #679 on: 06 May 2013, 07:23 »

I had this weird dream where I was involved in some sort of mafia-like negotiations that involved five cars parked end-to-end in a semi-circular driveway.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
« Reply #680 on: 07 May 2013, 01:06 »

The three of us were together in the dream I just had (as in me, Ceras and Garand). Yay!

I was writing something serious on a "haunting" at a place, but as a matter of irreverently reversing death. Garand was tinkering with functioning Space Marine power-armour for.. uh.. "cosplay" reasons? Ceras was definitely more closely involved with my obsessive quest as a colleague / sidekick-in-a-non-demeaning-way. She considered parts of plans I thought up very ill-advised to try.. and she was right, but I learned valuable things from them.

For some reason when initially searching for signs of her [the Apparition's] existence I had to pay a guy exactly 26kr in coins. I bought Dumle-lollipops at a nearby store to get exactly that in change. If I didn't, he wouldn't even let me get in the area. It turned out to quite clearly be the case that she existed, no matter what it turned out she was.

Eventually I dared to resurrect her with my improved ~methods~ (what, you think I'll reveal my tricks of the trade?), even though she was begging me as it slowly weaved stringy flesh onto her ethereal specter. She thought it hurt and was scared it'd anger the Goddess of the Underworld as a sacrilege. Nothing much happened in that regard, though she was pretty clearly having PTSD after that point.

I also, in another bit of the dream, walked the same path over and over and over again, running into sets of animals. I became pretty close to a big Rabbit and a Dog (Hi, Ceras~). Towards the end of those repeated scenes they helped each other break out of their garden to follow after and be with me. The Rabbit really wanted to tell me and make sure I understood how much something I'd said meant to her. It's probably notable that "me" in the animal-sequences is far less clear and more open to doubt if really me, even if story-wise it'd make sense for it to be because of surrounding scenes, but this is dream-logic.

P.S. ...There may also have been a bit near the end where Garand wanted me to show him which of my panties were my favourite, but I'm PRETTY SURE that was the start of a.. different.. story-arc, even if it was still in the same general setting. Just the Wolf being his frisky self. ;>_>

P.P.S. All of these things took place in like four hours of sleep, but I never sleep much anyway, so yay fun dreams!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 04:44 by Valdís »
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #681 on: 07 May 2013, 07:30 »

Had another ME dream last night.,  I havnt played since the last one.

I was on an asari cruiser with an asari that dressed like liara but wasnt.  her "father" was the asari in command of the ship.  The 3 of us were fighting cerberus and indoctrinated asari in the engine room.  After we cleared that we were arguing with the "father" about humans being evil and such.  I took control of the ship and we fought an alliance cruiser that cerberus had hijacked to save an asari colony.

mtmerrick

« Reply #682 on: 07 May 2013, 14:30 »

I dreamed we (undetermined who "we" are) were in the reptile house at the zoo. And they had a pen with a baby ankylosaur.  :psyduck:

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #683 on: 07 May 2013, 15:05 »

That's what you get for making fun of Jurassic Park  :-P.

mtmerrick

« Reply #684 on: 07 May 2013, 15:22 »

I've been talking about/advocating resurrecting dinosaurs since I was little. It's plenty possible, though, just now how they did it in jurassic park. :P

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #685 on: 10 May 2013, 03:48 »

Damn it, I was writing an assignment in my sleep but now I don't remember what I said in it.  :x
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #686 on: 10 May 2013, 07:25 »

Unsettling dream this morning. Two things you do not like hearing in corrections: the sound of someone pounding on their door, followed by the sound of a very loud ripping sound. Problem is, it reminded me too much of the worst night I ever had at work (December 31, 2004).
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

ThinksTooMuch

• Plantmonster
« Reply #687 on: 11 May 2013, 08:09 »

You all sound amazing.  Kind of makes me wish I remembered my dreams.  I know I must have them, since I am (relatively) sane and without any major personality disorders (which generally come along with not dreaming at all), but I haven't remembered any of my dreams since I was six.  I fall asleep, and when I wake up, there is nothing, not even a sensation that I had been dreaming but can't remember what.  It's actually rather frustrating, given that in the waking world I have a near-photographic memory.

In order to keep with the theme, the last (and only) dream that I recall (when I was six) was of running around a prehistoric world, with stegosaurus and triceratops and brachiosaurus wandering around.  Then a t-rex showed up and attacked the triceratops, but it stabbed him in the stomach, so he gave up.  Then he noticed me and the last thing I remember before waking up and running to my parent's room was staring down the t-rex's throat as it ate me.  I had seen the original Fantasia for the first time that day, and I was obsessed with dinosaurs throughout first grade.

*addendum - I absolutely love the original Fantasia.  Has anyone else seen both the original and the 2000 version, and is it just my nostalgia speaking or was the 2000 one a pile of steaming crap?
"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them."  Lemony Snicket

Zingoleb

« Reply #688 on: 11 May 2013, 12:53 »

I just had like three dreams at once? I don't remember them. It's hard to separate one dream from another, but Kanye West was in at least two of them for some reason. I don't even like Kanye West.

In one he was my upstairs neighbour, and his apartment had all these secret passages and rooms and I remember distinctly thinking at one point that I am going to squat the FUCK out of his apartment and he ain't never gonna find me.

In another I was at like...a lake, or something? And I was bored and trying to leave, but it turns out it was some kind of training program I never paid for, and I was like, "I don't have the money for this," and they were like, "yes you do" and I tried to open my bag to get my wallet to prove I have like, no money, but all these loose singles were on top of everything else in my bag, and I was trying to hide them to keep them from thinking I had money, but they saw it and assumed I was holding out on them, so they summoned a hurricane that didn't seem to suck up anything but lots of birds and directed it at me, and I ran for it and got on the bus.

There was a little person in a tiny car who was super pissy about people making fun of their little car, and then there was a bus stop where Kanye West was just straight up bein' a dick to that person and then he got on the bus and we were going along and he stopped the bus to get out and shove someone in a wheelchair over and I'm like "what are you doing" and he's like "I'm Kanye West" and I'm like "you are being a dick" and he was like, "but all the cool kids are doing it!" and I was like, "No, you are just being an asshole, Kanye West," and I made Kanye West feel bad.

casually quoting this

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #689 on: 11 May 2013, 13:02 »

I want to return to my Carnival dream.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #690 on: 12 May 2013, 03:04 »

I was at the dentist and he gave me a breathing mask to put me under anaesthesia. I inhaled the gas and felt myself slipping into unconsciousness - yes, I was losing consciousness in my sleep - but not all the way there, so I was using hand signals to tell the dentist that I was still aware. He then didn't do whatever surgery I needed to be anaesthesised for, and I just went home, I guess.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #691 on: 12 May 2013, 12:10 »

I do not understand the reference you are trying to make.  :psyduck:

Book of Revelation by John.

I actually thought you were making a reference to Terminator

I had a dream I was making out with Aubrey Plaza while on the run from Reavers (I fucking love Firefly).
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

mtmerrick

« Reply #692 on: 12 May 2013, 14:45 »

I dreampt that my betta fish was gone,  and replaced with a tiny black betta with bright green fins. It later turned out my mother had bought it "because it was pretty" so she replaced my fish with it. My fish was moved to the downstairs tank, which would be not a good thing because it'd go to war with the algae eaters and Bala sharks. However when I went down to check on it, it wasn't fighting, instead it was hiding. Poor little guy was terrified.

I forget what happened next, but it lead to me flirting with a girl outside of the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. She then began turning into an ent made out of Legos. I picked up the instructions and remember thinking that this was the worst designed Lego ent ever - it barley even looks like an ent.

Wtf, subconscious.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #693 on: 16 May 2013, 08:08 »

I remember one dream I had that disturbed me so much that I wrote it down so I can remember it again.

The dream took place in a hospital. This hospital had a very curious architecture: It had four differently sized towers, that were all aligned into a square formation, giving the impression of a swiss cross when looked at it from the top. The walls were made of old, brick stones. Between the towers there was little more than a meter of space, in fact the towers were so close to each other that you could see from one tower into the other, but you could still only switch from one tower to the next through the bottom floor. Between the towers, there was only filth.

Speaking of filth, the hospital was formidably old. It was a government-issue building, possibly from the sixties, with low hanging ceilings, wooden wall dividers, cheap linoleum floors or crumbling blocks of marble, and cracks in the walls. Just imagine an old thirties building, that hasn’t ben refurbished ever since it was built. It was here where I was supposed to have an operation of huge importance.

I was all alone, waiting inside the doctors room. The place gave me the creeps, and the doctor was not the trustworthy type. Adding to that were the horrible pictures of dying or disfigured people I could see through the windows in the other towers, I felt like I came into this hospital to get killed. It took agonisingly long until the doctor decided to anaesthetise me and start the procedure.

Suddenly, I changed character. I can’t explain how, but try not to explain a dream, since that is impossible. Instead of being inside the doctors room, being operated on, I was waiting in front of it, in the hall. I was waiting for my sisters’ operation to finish, my sister, who had been taken inside the doctors room. I was sitting on an old, brown couch, and I could feel every single spring inside the cushions, compressing and sticking into my back.

I was not alone, waiting for my sister. With me was my cousin, who was a mixture of two of my cousins, Necdet and Necmi. My cousin was walking the corridors, sometimes speaking with doctors, sometimes dissappearing into a patient room or somewhere else. He was acting weirdly, as if he knew the place and had been there before. There were random people greeting him and he was greeting back. I was getting anxious because of all the wait, the operation was supposed to be a standard procedure and was taking much longer than anticipated. The longer I waited, the shabbier the hospital seemed to get, everywhere were rugs, old carpets that had an orange-green design that looked very old were appearing on the floors, and the longer I waited, the dirtier they looked, they started to have burn marks and they smelled more like smoke, sweat and death.

Out of nowhere, the doctor appeared. He was bringing bad news: My sister had died during the operation. My cousin was devastated from the loss, but I wouldn’t believe it. I asked to see my sister. The doctor, looking stricken with grief, tried to console me with sentences like “she will never be back” or “seeing her won’t bring her back”, but I had a feeling the hospital was hiding something. I was requesting to see her, since I hadn’t seen her going out of the doctors room, and I knew that there was no other exit in there. I was hell-bent to get inside that room, and the doctor and some nurses were deliberately trying to stop me from getting inside. Angered, I pushed the doctor aside and rushed inside.

Instead of finding my sister, I found an old man, fragile, thin, and weak. He had giant age marks on his face, and the bones in his face were sticking out. The doctors were all looking at me with anger, and the old man said “she’s not here”. “How would you know?”, I returned “how do you know where my sister is?” But it was to no avail. The old man looked demented. The doctors sent me back out into the waiting room, where my cousin was waiting. All I remember him saying was that “she was dead” and I had to get over it. He was almost getting angry at me, for not accepting that she was dead. But I wouldn’t hear it. I wanted to go to the hospital morgue and see her dead body, or else I wouldn’t accept her death.

And just as I was thinking it, a man appeared, concerned, and afraid somebody was listening. He was slowly approaching us, and he was saying “there’s something wrong about your sister’s case.” And that was all he would say, because suddenly, doctors appeared from everywhere and were pulling him away. The only thing I could hear him saying was “the morgue is in the opposite tower!”. And just as I looked through the windows to find the other tower, I could see my sister there, walking around a corner, framed by three doctors on every side. I was furious. “I am going there, I’m going to that other tower” I shouted to my cousin and went into the elevator, with my cousin following. The elevator was ridiculously old, not bigger than one square meter and decending in an incredibly slow pace. My cousin kept being angry at me, telling me I had to move on, but instead of keeping me from seeing her, he would help me find her now. But he was still whispering to me, telling me that “she is dead”. And during the decent, the hospital was still getting shabbier and shabbier.

When I arrived at the ground floor, the hospital looked as dirty as if nobody had been cleaning in ages. Dust bunnies were collecting in the corners, and the plaster was slowly falling off the walls. I was angry at myself for allowing my sister to be admitted here in the first place. A slow fear crept up my spine, a fear that I may never find my sister again. I ran to the elevator of the opposite tower, and started to accend the other tower.

The elevator arrived at a completely dark room. I could not see the walls, they were hidden in darkness. Instead, I could see a glass cube, illuminated by bright lights, in the middle of the room. Inside it, there was my sister, but she had no body, she was a cloud of mist that was disturbed with the faintest wind, but rearranged back into her features immediately. She was almost transparent. I slowly approached the glass cube, finding my sister inside to be chuckling and laughing with such an intensity it was scaring me. I stood on top of the cube. My sister would not open her eyes, instead she was continuing to giggle and force a smile on her face, eyes closed shut.

And suddenly I realized, my sister was not laughing. She was crying.

She had lost her body, and the glass cube was the only way to keep her mind from floating away with the winds. An intense sorrow struck me as I was watching my sister manically hold on to her soul by forcing the saddest grin on her face.

It was then when I woke up.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #694 on: 16 May 2013, 08:17 »

Gee. Well, I wasn't planning to sleep tonight anyway...

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #695 on: 17 May 2013, 06:10 »

So something something happened with my husband's company's sister company, we turned the reception area into a walk-in clinic, and then I ended up getting prepped for a Suicide Girls-style photo shoot, even though they actually do event decor. The president of the company was doing my hair and talking about how she was just going to dye it black, because I'm "traditional" and blue hair washes people out. But when she was finished my hair was black and green, buzzed way down on one side, and in these choppy layers on the other side. It was a pretty cool hairdo, in retrospect, but I just started sobbing because I knew my boss wouldn't let me go to work with hair like that and since she'd shaved it I didn't know how I was going to fix it. She didn't notice that I was upset, but as soon as my alarm woke me up I checked to make sure my hair was still there.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #696 on: 17 May 2013, 06:48 »

I'm trying to better my dream memory. I've remembered more dreams in the last two weeks than in the year before.
Today I dreamt of being part of a Mars space program. The ground consisted of some kind of pulverized metal, maybe rust. The sky was red and cloudy, and it looked like a storm, while the air at the ground (yes, there was breathable air) was standing still. I was with a geologist, who looked exactly like a old german-teacher I had. We were inspecting a phenomenon, in a way similar to underwater lava tunnels on earth. Only that they consisted of the metal the ground was made of, melted by lightning which happened to hit in the same spot every time. That lightning was harmless, we didn't care about it even when we were working on the metal tubes it hit.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

mtmerrick

« Reply #697 on: 17 May 2013, 15:47 »

I had the most mundane dream ever.

I dreamed of going to mimis cafe and ordering the jambalaya.

That is all.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #698 on: 18 May 2013, 08:59 »

I made a really embarassing bloggy forum post and it got picked up by a major news site, which ran it as an Onion-style human interest story, only about a real person. Me.

That was the closest thing to a nightmare I've had in a while.  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: 18 May 2013, 09:05 by LTK »

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #699 on: 19 May 2013, 03:07 »

the fuck. I dreamt of a meeting with many of you in a bar in my town. Gareth went off with a girl I've been flirting with for over an hour, after only one pickup line…
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29   Go Up