THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347704 times)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #700 on: 19 May 2013, 04:24 »

I had a dream I was going through sleep paralysis. Not actually going through it. I was able to start little movements really quickly and got standing but was stil all heavy and floppy. Then I was telling Mammy about a dream that I had where my family moved in to a giant house. Which was a dream I had earlier in the night.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #701 on: 19 May 2013, 04:31 »

I dreamed I was talking to my penis. He seemed to be quite the literary type and was very knowledgeable about hygiene. I wanted to know why he felt so depressed and he said "I want to motorboat too for a change".

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #702 on: 19 May 2013, 05:01 »

the fuck. I dreamt of a meeting with many of you in a bar in my town. Gareth went off with a girl I've been flirting with for over an hour, after only one pickup line…
I saw her. She was hot!

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #703 on: 19 May 2013, 05:07 »

Even in my dreams my self-consciousness fucks with me.

I still wonder why all of you came to my small hometown.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #704 on: 19 May 2013, 06:05 »

Coz you're a good guy and we like you?

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #705 on: 19 May 2013, 10:23 »

d'aww. Thanks!
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #706 on: 19 May 2013, 12:03 »

Aw I would totally visit if I could! And also pick up ladies :evil:

I keep dreaming that I only have a couple weeks to live. It's freaking me out.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Zingoleb

« Reply #707 on: 19 May 2013, 13:27 »

i had a dream once there was this dark monstrosity in my backyard

and i was there, approaching it, wreathed in shadow and just radiating this malice and i knew that if i didn't kill it it would kill me

so i picked up this branch, a big heavy branch that had fallen in the wind, and i raised it and brought it down so hard that i felt it connect, i felt its ribs crushed beneath the weight of the blow

and i beat it, i broke its legs, its nose, its neck, its ribs, its spine

and beat it

and beat it

and beat it until it was dead

and i was left standing there over the remains of my puppy.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #708 on: 19 May 2013, 13:54 »

Reminds me of a dream I had once.

I dreamed that I had a child, but that this child was the most evil thing in the world.

And I was so afraid

so I stood in front of a big bin full of water

and the last things I remember were my arms, holding the struggling baby under water.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #709 on: 19 May 2013, 14:26 »

you guys scare me. My subconsciousness can be pretty weird and depressive, but I never dreamt something like that.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #710 on: 19 May 2013, 14:30 »

I uh...yeah.

* Pilchard123 backs away slowly
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Zingoleb

« Reply #711 on: 19 May 2013, 15:31 »

in another one more recently (about a year ago) i was walking down this sidewalk and there was a big chainlink fence separately me from the void just beyond

because it was about more or less where the world ended and the rest of whatever it was beyond was just infinite and incomprehensible darkness

and at some point the fence was gone, ripped out, and i was dragged off of the sidewalk the way you might succumb to gravity on a cliff - grabbing hold but the force was too strong and it was pulling me over the edge and there was all this dark, murky green water running underneath the pavement and road, all these bare pipes sticking out like metallic roots, and i kept grabbing at them to hold on, screaming at people who were passing by to help me

but, of course, they didn't - and i fell down, into the water

into a different dream

into my grandmother's house - in that peculiar dream logic that says that this person is someone you know, even though they don't look remotely similar

it was just a long hallway, of faded colours, of memories half-remembered

well, when there was still anyone there to remember them, anyhow. i had a sense of being so very alone, and i walked down the hallway, trying every door, but they were locked, and i was at the end of a passageway, so long, and i had to go down it to find my way out

and eventually i was just running, and it was getting darker - not that light was fading, but that the darkness was actively swallowing me up, and i could feel these hellhounds chasing on either side of me, darker than the blackness

and i knew if i stopped running, they would devour me, so i ran. i ran until nothing existed, until i was surrounded by an eternal darkness, with these things chasing me.

i woke up.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #712 on: 20 May 2013, 13:11 »

dreampt

oh god what did you do to that poor innocent word
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #713 on: 20 May 2013, 14:22 »

I suppose dropping a p in there was tempting...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Zingoleb

« Reply #714 on: 20 May 2013, 16:09 »

i used to spell 'hamster' as 'hampster'

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #715 on: 20 May 2013, 16:18 »

One is reminded of the detectives Thomson and Thompson in the Tintin books (English translation - the French has Dupont et Dupond, but I think this is a case where the translation is even better).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #716 on: 20 May 2013, 16:40 »

Last night I dreampt I was in a garden center of a big store (possibly Lowes?) and there was a fundraiser at the entrance/exit,  raising money for little kids.... something.

One of the things they were selling was a piece of fruit leather stapled to a cardboard tag,  saying what it was and showing the UPC. After telling them (a few different times, individual instances) that I didn't want to buy anything from them,  I decided I had to get some of that fruit leather. Except when I went back to buy it,  the kids had already left and one of the adults was packing up - they were done for the day, therefore not selling anymore. I argued with the lady, trying to make her see I needed that fruit leather (I still don't know why), I even tried bartering with her. One of the boxes spilled. She picked up most of it and left. I picked up one of the pieces that she had left behind,  took a bite,  and went over to the store's cash registers to pay for it (dream economics ftw. :P ) . I pulled out my wallet and realized that I had no cash. I also know there will be hell to pay if I use my debit card, so I start digging for change. I manage to scrounge up $2.29 (holy crap that's an expensive strip of fruit leather) and put the coins down on they conveyor belt. The cashier can't quite reach,  so they turn on the conveyor belt. This somehow causes them to bounce backwards, and fall down the crack where the conveyor belt goes underneath the counter, into the mechanism. I save a couple coins, but they plus the few coins I have left are not enough to pay for my now-mostly-eaten snack.

I don't know what happens next,  that's when I woke up,  feeling like utter shit. >_>

mtmerrick

« Reply #717 on: 20 May 2013, 16:41 »

dreampt

oh god what did you do to that poor innocent word
... My spellchecker says that's correct....

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #718 on: 20 May 2013, 22:43 »

I had to dig deep to uncover this one completely:

I was listening to a monologue of a guy who kinda looked like a pirate, except he was just a criminal, basically, who was describing how he was going to kill someone he really hated and cut off their fingers and their penis and create a necklace out of them, and he was going to use a steampunk rifle/sabre combo to do it.

When he was done I found myself in my own body (as opposed to that of a disembodied viewer) and figured I should probably prevent that grisly murder from happening. From the window on the second floor I could see the murderer get out of a car, so I rushed downstairs to try and stop him. Only when I got there he was gone, and I couldn't tell if he still had to commit the murder or had already done so. I looked around a little bit and saw that there were bloodied footprints on the ground, so it must have already happened. I then went back in time an hour or so by adjusting the time on my watch to be able to catch him, and then I took a big, heavy, wooden baseball bat, smashed in the window of the car and hit the person inside a few times, enough to make sure they wouldn't be capable of murdering anyone for some time.

At this point, the identity of the person in the car was either my mother or my sister, and my dad might have been the target of the murder, but that was seemingly unimportant. Anyway, I figured that this approach was slightly overkill, so I went back in time again, this time two hours before the murder, and tried to get the rifle/sabre away from the murderer by ambushing her - my sister, in this case. I hit her in the back of the head with the bat once, like hitting a ball with a pool cue, and then took the gun away, but she did put up a fight, and I had to shoot her. My mother exclaimed "I didn't even know that was loaded!" (in English, not Dutch) and I was like "Duh, gun safety" - have you guys to thank for that, I guess - and so, having yet another undesirable outcome, I went back to the point where the murderer was just a little boy with a fancy BB gun. A high-powered, bladed, steampunk BB gun that was capable of killing someone, but nevertheless technically a BB gun which meant everyone else just dismissed it as a toy, even when I tried to convince them that the little boy was going to kill someone with it in the future, but obviously I couldn't do anything about it since it hadn't happened yet. So that was the end.

That was the most coherent dream I've had in a while.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #719 on: 23 May 2013, 11:29 »

the fuck. I dreamt of a meeting with many of you in a bar in my town. Gareth went off with a girl I've been flirting with for over an hour, after only one pickup line…

I can't begin to tell you how many things in this sentence wouldn't happen.

...Well, two things.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

mtmerrick

« Reply #720 on: 23 May 2013, 12:44 »

I had the most mundane dream ever.

I dreamed of going to mimis cafe and ordering the jambalaya.

That is all.

Update on this: I actually went to Mimi's Cafe yesterday, still remembering this dream craving.

They no longer server jambalaya

>_<

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #721 on: 02 Jun 2013, 10:15 »

I had a dream last night that I went for a job interview and nailed it.  But when I got to the job first day they were paying me $250,000 a year and my job title didnt sound anywhere close to the job I interviewed for.  I am in a meeting just twtittling my thumbs waiting for them to turn to me asking what I think about whatever it is they are talking about.  I would just bullshit it.  I also moved into a basement of a college building that had a tick problem and I would have to worry about getting covered in ticks.  But I was able to afford a car with the new job.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #722 on: 03 Jun 2013, 14:11 »

I had a dream last night that I thought worthy of posting up here, but I forgot it. It was sort of a continuation of the previous one I posted, but without so many webcomic characters. I remember wondering after I woke why I occasionally have Emily or Claire in my dreams. Honestly, I find it more than a little creepy.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #723 on: 03 Jun 2013, 14:36 »

I had the most mundane dream ever.

I dreamed of going to mimis cafe and ordering the jambalaya.

That is all.

Update on this: I actually went to Mimi's Cafe yesterday, still remembering this dream craving.

They no longer server jambalaya

>_<

This may be the most perfect pair of posts you've ever made Primo, I laughed, out loud, in an empty room, for a damn long time at this.

mtmerrick

« Reply #724 on: 03 Jun 2013, 14:59 »

o_O why? its not that funny.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #725 on: 03 Jun 2013, 17:03 »

it's pretty fuckin funny.

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #726 on: 03 Jun 2013, 22:44 »

Speaking of dream-cravings, the best dream I've had lately was of a restaurant chain that Richard Dean Anderson and Philip Seymour Hoffman open up, that focuses on slow cooked beef and pork sandwiches.  It was called 'Phil & Dean's BBQ and Brisket,' and the front counters were staffed entirely by professional RDA and PSH lookalikes.  The each had their own tailored menus.  And the food was delicious.

I don't know what the fuck is going on in my subconscious with that one, but I'm pretty sure I need to pitch the idea to them.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #727 on: 04 Jun 2013, 04:15 »

I thought about it for a second, and then realized that if MacGyver has any aptitude for the culinary arts, he'd make a pretty bitchin' Iron Chef.

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #728 on: 04 Jun 2013, 04:24 »

Give him a rubber band and a toenail clipping, and you'll have the best pulled-pork in the universe!  I have no idea how that works, but that's why he's MacGyver.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #729 on: 04 Jun 2013, 05:34 »

So I remembered many more details of this when I woke up, but they are mostly gone now.

I went to visit Gaz, with my sister, who was being annoying like she was as a kid. He lived with his mother in a townhouse. We went to the bank at some point, and possibly dealt with a gang?? And then he gave me a white blouse that said Carmen across the bottom. He knew that my name was not Carmen, but it had something to do with opera. And I was all excited about it.

I also took a train or bus to get there. I remember this because at one point I was figuring out how I was going to get home, and remembered that I am terrified of planes, and was like, oh, I'll just take the train/bus back. Apparently we lived on the same continent.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #730 on: 04 Jun 2013, 10:55 »

People, people, come on. Dreams with me in them that do not involve fucking are DISAPPOINTING.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #731 on: 04 Jun 2013, 10:57 »

Dream-pervert!

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #732 on: 10 Jun 2013, 15:40 »

Had one of those dreams that floats in the back of your head for the rest of the day, which is annoying because I only remember a tiny bit of it.

J.C. Potts of The Modified World and Pangea Piercing was my driving test instructor. While asking me some questions he kept playing with my hair and fixing it and asked if it was a wig. I got really offended because it was my real hair and he was super apologetic but didn't stop playing with my hair.

Zingoleb

« Reply #733 on: 10 Jun 2013, 16:17 »

i had a dream i was chasing tom felton through traffic on foot

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #734 on: 10 Jun 2013, 16:21 »

I dreamed last night that Jeph teleported into my kitchen to ask me how I got on with my granite benchtop, because he was planning to remodel his kitchen and was trying to decide between granite and Corian®. He was concerned with food-safety, and especially bacteria from raw chicken getting into the surface. I told him that I couldn't help with chicken because I don't eat meat, but the standard recommendation is simply to use a separate cutting-board. He said thanks, turned monochrome, and beamed out again.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #735 on: 10 Jun 2013, 16:28 »

This sounds awesome.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #736 on: 10 Jun 2013, 17:45 »

I barely remember anything from last night, but it definitely involved typewriters, a TARDIS, Lt. Worf from Star Trek TNG and a digital camera. Don't ask me how that fits together.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #737 on: 12 Jun 2013, 23:20 »

In my dream last night my 6"4 boyfriend kept getting subtly shorter.

I have no idea why. I then dreamed that I was back in highschool and had to break into my  middleschool locker to transfer files to highschool? idk. It was a cool spy mission impossible kind of break in, though.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #738 on: 13 Jun 2013, 02:24 »

So I think I need to look into adopting a dog at some point... preferably a large fluffy one. I've been having a recurring dream about having a pet nine tails. Waking up really sucks.

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #739 on: 13 Jun 2013, 06:54 »

I had a dream that something in my house smelled good but because my room is full of pets, it rarely smells all that great, so I didn't believe that it was true. So when I woke up and something actually smelled good I was confused. But someone must have made something delicious for dinner last night and the smell is still lingering.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #740 on: 16 Jun 2013, 09:25 »

I had another mass effect dream.  This time you got to play as a new background for your shepard (I am assuming this, it could be a new identity completely as it was a more advanced looking Normandy as well) I was a woman for some reason but pretty much you were a colony farmer in an inclosed space (like greenhouse but larger and makes all kind of vegetables)  And something had spooked the "ta-tars" (big oxen looking animals we used for plowing)  Apparently little creatures came out of the ground and started attacking the ta-tars and when we came to investigate they hid inside the ta-tars.  I grabbed a pistol and the little creatures popped out and started attacking the colonists.  I shot my way through them and started noticing starfish like creatures attached to the walls that came alive and started attacking as well.  I figured out you had to shoot the eye in the center to kill them.  The whole colony was being covered in sinew that I had to squeeze my way through this whole to make it to a few marines waiting.  I was the only colonist to have made it out.  An old female voice called from the hole saying "no, come back, we need to know why this happens!" and one of the marines said "fuck you that's why" and tossed a grenade down the hole and we got on the nearest ship and ran. 

It picked up several years later with the character who was rescued played by a friend of mine (the gamer chick), my brother was there, and I was a commander (a dude now wearing vega's armor).  A turian (garrus?) came along too.  We came to where the sinew hole was but now it was a regular space door covered in leaves and burn marks.  A marine team had gone in before us to investigate and we did not hear back.  "It sounds like they took my advice and brought a flame thrower" I said. We opened the hatch and started filing in.  We came into a big open area that had catwalks zipping through.  It was dark. I saw one of the starfish things attached to the wall.  "Anybody else a sniper?" I asked the squad.  My brother shot back "only garrus and you have sniper rifles."  I put my assault rifle away and pulled out the sniper rifle and shot the starfish thing.  It flipped over revealing its eye and I shot the eye.  Then giant ones from the other side of the room started waddling towards us and shooting biotics at us.  We took them out before they could reach us but then I woke up.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

mtmerrick

« Reply #741 on: 16 Jun 2013, 11:17 »

I had a dream that something in my house smelled good but because my room is full of pets, it rarely smells all that great, so I didn't believe that it was true. So when I woke up and something actually smelled good I was confused. But someone must have made something delicious for dinner last night and the smell is still lingering.
what's odd about this is that I can rarely smell/taste anything in my dreams.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #742 on: 16 Jun 2013, 12:22 »

It's rare for me as well, so it took me a bit to realize that it was actually a dream.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #743 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:26 »

Last night I had a dream that the first guy I dated in person, Phil, was alive. He died in 2009, years after we broke up, and this still bothers me a lot.

He wanted to date me again. He actually had somehow come back to life, and no one was surprised or confused by that, we were just happy that he was back. He gave me a guitar (???)  and took me to get my nails done. But there was a storm and this somehow kept me from getting them done. And then I had to go pee but the bathroom was hidden in the basement of this super scary place and I never did get there. I got some time to cuddle with Phil before I woke up.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #744 on: 24 Jun 2013, 05:20 »

I dreamed I was at mtmerricks house. We were watching commercials together. I kept meaning to tell him that I didn't watch television. He kept changing the subject. His mother didn't believe I was real. Kept poking me to check.
Suddenly I was at some Caribbean beach resort. I walked past some friends of mine whose skin was turning crab red because of the heat. For some reason they were famous. I met Orlando Bloom and we were friends too. We walked on the beach and I explained that beaches in Turkey were similar, only the sand was yellowish brown, not whitish. There were glass shards everywhere. He kept trying to kiss and lick me and I kept saying I didn't want his money. In the end, we picked up some bombs and learned Arabic, so we were allowed to suicide - bomb mtmerricks house. His mother was cheering, mtmerrick was saying I didn't have to get Orlando Bloom to do the job. When my head flew away from the explosion, it turned into a bowling ball, and went on to win at every competition I was playing.

I don't know why, either.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #745 on: 24 Jun 2013, 05:46 »

....dude that is some hella acid.

I can't really talk about my weirdest dreams... nightmares really without a fair amount of alcohol... I don't even really know how to frame them, or describe them. Three words though "Where were you?"
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

mtmerrick

« Reply #746 on: 24 Jun 2013, 15:09 »

I just can’t stop rereading masterpiece's post.  :psyduck:

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #747 on: 24 Jun 2013, 15:23 »

I have had this weird dream about a parking lot in what I'm presuming was downtown Chicago.

And last night, I had somehow inherited this big ice cream truck, but it was the size of a UPS van.

There were a lot of other weird things in the dream, but those are the two things I remember most.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #748 on: 24 Jun 2013, 15:33 »

Last night's dream involved butt sex, and a lot of it. But it was like... a butt sex training session. Like no sexual tension or attraction or any of that, it was like I was at a gym where they had lessons on it and I wasn't attracted to anyone in the room. It was strange.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #749 on: 25 Jun 2013, 14:29 »

Gaz was notably absent in that writeup there.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Up