THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347791 times)

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #750 on: 26 Jun 2013, 09:16 »

Well yeah if Gaz was there, there would have been some physical attraction going on.

Also I forget most of my dream from last night except that in it I was reading a book and it described someone's job at "beep-booping" and I was confused because it was an older book. And it said that word often.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #751 on: 26 Jun 2013, 10:11 »

Depending on how old it was, the onomatopoetic part of the word may have been more applicable then than now.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #752 on: 26 Jun 2013, 11:56 »

Well yeah if Gaz was there, there would have been some physical attraction going on.

Oh, you.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #753 on: 26 Jun 2013, 17:21 »

I just had what I can only describe as an auditory hallucination. And it was freaking scary.

I was just about to nod off, my eyes were closed already, when I sensed a noise passing by my head. I knew I wasn't hearing it, but the sound had a very clear origin and direction. It even had a Doppler effect as it passed my head. It then floated back just to circle around my head a few times before fading away.

But the weirdest part of the whole thing was the sound I heard. It was a robotic feminine voice, similar to a futuristic announcer. Think Academy Awards voice over in robot.
Anyway, the voice at first made no legible sounds, instead it sounded like someone was scrubbing through the voice track, producing an illegible continuation of vowels. Think fast forward in Premiere. But after a while I started to understand the voice, she kept repeating

"Die Simulation ist abgebrochen.
Die Simulation ist abgebrochen.
..."

in a cold, emotionless voice.

It was fucking trippy  :psyduck:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #754 on: 26 Jun 2013, 18:14 »

Yeah that would freak me out too.

Oh, you.

No, you.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #755 on: 01 Jul 2013, 16:01 »

LSD is a helluva drug, bro.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #756 on: 01 Jul 2013, 16:12 »

Man, that's spooky. I had a few slightly similar hypnagogic hallucinations when I was fighting to stay awake during a lecture, but they were much less specific and sounded more like the murmur of a crowd. It's way stronger now that I no longer have any auditory input from my right.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #757 on: 09 Jul 2013, 22:16 »

Apparently, I briefly dozed off in the past hour. Dreamt of that one guy I know snogging another guy whose face I could not see, which struck me as odd, because I had never thought he might be (bi and (polyamorous or cheating)).

Anyway, that was not the weird part. In another part of the dream, two guys had a misunderstanding because they used two different meanings of the same word. I only realized what their mistake was at the end of the argument.

So apparently, some part of my brain knew that the word was ambigious and created this particular situation, but another part of my brain (my dream-ego) did not grasp the double meaning  until late :psyduck:
Either that, or my brain retconned my memories, which apparently isn't that rare in dreams.

For anyone curious, the word was "Unterlagen". It can either mean documents or, much more rarely, "something you put under something else, usually to provide cushioning or warmth". One guy was like "we can just let this guy sleep in our office on some Unterlagen" and everyone else, including me, was like "why would we let him sleep on our documents?"

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #758 on: 09 Jul 2013, 23:19 »

Your subconsciousness does strange puns.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #759 on: 10 Jul 2013, 01:56 »

I'm sorry :(

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #760 on: 12 Jul 2013, 00:51 »

I nodded off after skyping with Nekowafer. We were still skyping and I thought that was weird because I remembered that my connection had failed and we weren't able to Skype. I tried to tell her that but all I could say was "vulva, vulva", with extremely poignant pronunciation. Neko was incredibly excited.

The weird thing is that I do that on a regular basis to annoy a friend of mine.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #761 on: 12 Jul 2013, 05:11 »

Last night I was in a conversation with an intelligent person. My dreams are full of those nondescript entities defined only by a single trait; for example, I had a dream where I had sex with my sister, only it was not my actual sister, just the concept of 'my sister', as in a stereotypical woman who is my sibling, with no other attributes.

Anyway, I was presenting this generic intelligent person with a hypothetical situation and asked him about what would happen. I don't know what the premise was, but he explained that the outcome would be that the sun would become trapped in the gravitational well of another, even bigger star, taking all of its planets with it.

Of course, this being a dream, this hypothetical situation was immediately brought into simulated reality. I was outside and I saw two suns in the sky, one about five times larger than normal. I knew that once our sun's erratic orbit would plunge it into the large star, we'd all soon be dead.

Maybe I'll send this to Randall Munroe.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #762 on: 12 Jul 2013, 06:59 »

Neko was incredibly excited.

Sounds about right. And d'awww you dream about me <3

My dream last night was really awful and disturbing. I dreamt I was raped by a friend of mine who has always had difficulty taking no for an answer. But then it turned out it was his girlfriend who had somehow morphed him? It was strange and I still feel very weird about it.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #763 on: 12 Jul 2013, 07:09 »

Last night I was in a conversation with an intelligent person. My dreams are full of those nondescript entities defined only by a single trait; for example, I had a dream where I had sex with my sister, only it was not my actual sister, just the concept of 'my sister', as in a stereotypical woman who is my sibling, with no other attributes.

Anyway, I was presenting this generic intelligent person with a hypothetical situation and asked him about what would happen. I don't know what the premise was, but he explained that the outcome would be that the sun would become trapped in the gravitational well of another, even bigger star, taking all of its planets with it.

Of course, this being a dream, this hypothetical situation was immediately brought into simulated reality. I was outside and I saw two suns in the sky, one about five times larger than normal. I knew that once our sun's erratic orbit would plunge it into the large star, we'd all soon be dead.

Maybe I'll send this to Randall Munroe.
It would depend on the scattering parameters of the collision whether the sun would actually plunge into the large star. Most likely it would stay on an escape trajectory and move away from the other star, or it would just orbit, possibly far enough away to not kill everyone. If it's on the right trajectory it could impact the other star, though.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #764 on: 14 Jul 2013, 19:24 »

I had a dream I was climbing a tree, and then there was sex in the tree.

The fuck, man

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #765 on: 14 Jul 2013, 20:04 »

That fuck in particular?  :-D
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #766 on: 14 Jul 2013, 22:10 »

it was really the logistics of the sexual encounter that got my head all WTFin

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #767 on: 15 Jul 2013, 05:53 »

So I just woke up from one of the weirdest dreams I've had lately. For some reason I was hiding from the police. When one policeman found me some other person jumped in and the whole scene felt like an infomercial. This other person quickly disarmed the policeman and explained to me how great all these things are. He handed me a credit card sized multitool which had some kind of a taser built in. It worked similar to a lighter, using the piezoelectrical effect to generate the voltage. And somehow that was sufficient to stun the policeman through his clothes. This multitool also had a rocket launcher build in, and the infomercial person handed me a laser pointer as well. then I hid close to a street and shot police cars.

Then I walked to a place where my bike was standing. It was next do a store, and 4 am, and the store manager ran up to me, because he was afraid of me going there to pee.

Then followed an interlude at a supermarket, where hordes of people were standing in line, because this supermarket sold parts for a model of cars which was (in dream) sold cheaply some time ago. The store manager of the supermarket also explained to me, how they've maximised their customers by offering to slice the bread they're selling.

What the hell.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #768 on: 15 Jul 2013, 06:34 »

I had a couple weird ones over the course of my bulk recovery sleep from the last two days. I had a weird one that I don't remember many of the details of but the last part was desperately trying to lift myself up from the floor and open a door but it was like the gravity had been turned up to eleven.

The next dream involved a city I have never seen, running around with my folks and siblings in a SUV. At one point the SUV falls three stories, and my primary concern is my wallet falls out of my window and lands first. We land fine, I grab my wallet, cursed out a mime in Japanese and we went on. Ended up in a parking garage, there for one event or another and I curse out someone in a car who almost runs me over, dude stops gets out of the car and we have a brief punch up, then decide to get beers later. He then becomes a couple decades older. The event involves a retirement home and Star Wars... I run around snagging food, talk to another old dude and the dream ends as I'm eating a giant cracker and preparing to devastate a plate of carefully organized cheese.

Analysis: I have issues man.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #769 on: 15 Jul 2013, 06:43 »

I dreamed I was Batman and Heath Ledger as the Joker was in my apartment. There was also a ladyface there. I wanted to just jump out the window because he was so freaking scary, but I had to protect the ladyface, so I rappelled on the roof and tried to fight joker, all the while terrified of him and unsure how to use all of my equipment.

But seriously that joke was so scary. I woke up and was able to see my chest move because my heart was pounding so hard.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #770 on: 15 Jul 2013, 07:05 »

So after actually checking a dream dictionary: Dream two:

SUVs indicate responsability or a change in life goals.
To see your own family in your dream represents security, warmth and love, while falling indicates a loss of those things, losing your wallet follows with a loss of financial stability (for example the loss of money from the upcoming move) finding it means being to stability.

A forgein language represents a subconcious message that you don't understand, I'd guess it might also mean I should/want to continue studying Japanese. The Mime can represent actions speaking louder then words, but I'm not sure how it relates. Because I cussed the mime out, I will assume that I just hate mimes.

Fighting represents inner turmoil, and motorcycles, in this case under the avatar of a Biker represent the desire for freedom and adventure, I'd go out on a limb and guess that the peace making after the fight would show the turmoil has been resolved. That he suddenly became an old man represents wisdom, and in this case self wisdom gained from the inner turmoil.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #771 on: 15 Jul 2013, 10:51 »

Because I cussed the mime out, I will assume that I just hate mimes.

"Anyone in baggy trousers and a white face who tried to ply their art anywhere within Ankh's crumbling walls would very quickly find themselves in a scorpion pit, on one wall of which was painted the advice: Learn The Words."
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #772 on: 15 Jul 2013, 11:02 »

Ankh's crumbling walls

Should I feel offended?

Zingoleb

« Reply #773 on: 15 Jul 2013, 11:04 »

only if you're a mime

(and pilchard's real name is havelock)

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #774 on: 15 Jul 2013, 11:13 »

Damnit. I knew I knew this from somewhere, but I just realised it now, where from exactly.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #775 on: 15 Jul 2013, 12:29 »

So after actually checking a dream dictionary: Dream two:

SUVs indicate responsability or a change in life goals.
To see your own family in your dream represents security, warmth and love, while falling indicates a loss of those things, losing your wallet follows with a loss of financial stability (for example the loss of money from the upcoming move) finding it means being to stability.

A forgein language represents a subconcious message that you don't understand, I'd guess it might also mean I should/want to continue studying Japanese. The Mime can represent actions speaking louder then words, but I'm not sure how it relates. Because I cussed the mime out, I will assume that I just hate mimes.

Fighting represents inner turmoil, and motorcycles, in this case under the avatar of a Biker represent the desire for freedom and adventure, I'd go out on a limb and guess that the peace making after the fight would show the turmoil has been resolved. That he suddenly became an old man represents wisdom, and in this case self wisdom gained from the inner turmoil.
Bahaha, that's hilarious. Tell me another one!

Usurpatore Hominum LXVI

• Plantmonster
  • The man who walks his own road, walks alone.
« Reply #776 on: 15 Jul 2013, 13:03 »

I only remember one dream that I've had - seriously, I don't remember my dreams anymore, but this one's stuck with me since high school.

I was in a completely dark space, and all I could see was the object in front of me - namely, a huge mirror that was taller than I was. I was just staring into it without moving or speaking. My reflection looked gaunt, pale and decrepit, and while I wasn't speaking, it was - my reflection's mouth was moving as if it were talking, but all I could hear was a low, unintelligible murmuring. Then I woke up.

I don't know if it means anything, but even if it did...I'm not entirely sure that I'd like to find out.
The red in the sky is mine.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #777 on: 16 Jul 2013, 02:53 »

Last night I dreamed that I was in someone else's bathroom and the toilet was overflowing with shit, and the only thing I had to clean it up with was my own toothbrush.

Anyone want to try interpreting that?

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #778 on: 16 Jul 2013, 03:42 »

Oh, that one's easy.

The bathroom represents a person's inner sanctum or a personal space or their emotional world. The feces represent problems, or what you consider problems. The toothbrush represents your inability to help with the tools you are given, and the fact that it is your own represents heavy investment on your part.

Basically, there is someone you know who dumps their problems on you, and you feel you are supposed to help, but cannot or don't really want to.

---------
As an ... alternate explanation: the toilet is symbolic for a descent into the underworld. That person's problems (or probably your own?) stem from a dead relative or a dead friend. The use of a toilet is also a cleansing ritual of sorts. This means that the death of the person in question was cleansing to somebody. The toothbrush, as the cleansing tool, represents that which triggered the death, a prolonged weapon, most likely a knife. The word "feces" sound somewhat similar to Felicia, a female name.

You killed your great aunt Felicia, in the bathroom, with a knife.

The memories haunt you. The last moments before you entered the room where she was putting on her makeup. The nervous grip on the handle of the knife, as you reconsidered your decision. Still, it had be done. You entered. She turned around, smiling. She was always smiling that Umbridgesque smile of hers which annoyed you to no end, didn't she? She asked "What is up, dear?" You remember thinking how she would smile no more.
Your memory gets blurry from that point onwards.

You remember standing there with the bloody knife in your hand, your great aunt lying dead to your feet. You looked at her.

Her mouth was drawn into a scowl, as if...

smiling.

Happy dreams to you.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #779 on: 16 Jul 2013, 14:05 »

*Claps* Complete with a repressed memory. Freud would be proud.

If I had to make a guess myself, it's because my toilet wasn't flushing properly yesterday. But let's go with your story, it makes me seem more... interesting.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #780 on: 17 Jul 2013, 21:51 »

I just had what I can only describe as an auditory hallucination. And it was freaking scary.

I was just about to nod off, my eyes were closed already, when I sensed a noise passing by my head. I knew I wasn't hearing it, but the sound had a very clear origin and direction. It even had a Doppler effect as it passed my head. It then floated back just to circle around my head a few times before fading away.

But the weirdest part of the whole thing was the sound I heard. It was a robotic feminine voice, similar to a futuristic announcer. Think Academy Awards voice over in robot.
Anyway, the voice at first made no legible sounds, instead it sounded like someone was scrubbing through the voice track, producing an illegible continuation of vowels. Think fast forward in Premiere. But after a while I started to understand the voice, she kept repeating

"Die Simulation ist abgebrochen.
..."

in a cold, emotionless voice.

I had a dream that ended on that note, where I heard a creepy voice saying "You are dead." over and over.  And then I realized I was the one whispering it :psyduck:
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #781 on: 17 Jul 2013, 22:35 »

Just remember, you can't be sure this isn't all a massive holodeck malfunction unless you've said aloud "Computer End Program"

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #782 on: 17 Jul 2013, 23:14 »

So I had a very weird dream today.

I dreamed I was on a date with a lady. She suggested we'd go to a place she knew, a place that apparently had incredible currywurst, so there we went.

The place was a student dorm, but it was hosting a food bank for the needy. I suddenly felt very overdressed. As uncomfortable as I felt, we stood in the line. But I had apparently started a ruckus, because I didn't have the food stamp necessary to eat here. I was almost about to leave when an old woman came and said, "here, you can have mine". I felt very thankful and was rambling about how it wasn't necessary, but she responded "it's ok, I'm going to die soon anyway", which left me without words.

As I stood in the line, I started to look around and examine the others at the food bank. Most were old and had red bloated noses, evidence of alcoholism. Seeing that, I suddenly craved beer, so I went to the stand that was giving out drinks and said "could I have some Augustiner please?". The woman behind the stand just looked at me in a shocked kind of way and said "I'M. NOT SURE THAT'S ON THE MENU SIR." I immediately felt uncomfortable again.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. It was my date, saying "here." and giving me a menu with all the available drinks. I remember being disappointed because of their abysmal choice of brews. Seeing as my date already had her currywurst and was going outside to eat, I hurried to the stand clearly labeled as the "meat" stand and asked "can I have some meat too?" What I got was an incredibly dry looking and thin slab of meat, well done (which is not the way I like it). The meat also looked weirdly pink. I was immediately disappointed that I didn't get currywurst.

So I joined my date at her table and we started to eat. Or rather, she started and I watched her. Her wurst looked so tasty. It looked nothing like a currywurst is supposed to, but rather like a Käsekrainer, thick and succulent juices and cheese spurting out as she was cutting it. It felt so sexual, watching her eat, while my dry slab of meat looked (and probably tasted) so incredibly boring.

that's where the dream ended. I don't know what it means.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #783 on: 18 Jul 2013, 04:53 »

It means you like girls, beer and wurst. Next!

Just remember, you can't be sure this isn't all a massive holodeck malfunction unless you've said aloud "Computer End Program"
"You do not have the administrator privileges required for this command."

Well, shit.

toffee-skye

• Emoticontraindication
  • cryborg
« Reply #784 on: 18 Jul 2013, 05:21 »

i often have strange dreams. for example, in one dream i was casually chatting to my male friend about trans* rights and trying to explain that it's a big deal and needs to be less stigmaticised. he then said, "i'm so glad you feel that way, as i'm trans! i had all the changes made when i was five." word-for-word. my dream self went awkward and said "you make a very handsome guy!" which is honestly not my finest hour, in my dreams..  :psyduck:
my name is Anna and i like people, places, and things.
current MRes student and serial timewaster

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #785 on: 18 Jul 2013, 08:00 »

awkward sex dream about a school friend I thought I had gotten my loins to get over.  Made more awkward because in the dream another school friend (who I have no interest in) was watching. 

Dream version of friend 1 is pretty good in the sack ;)
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #786 on: 22 Jul 2013, 08:43 »

Okay last night was a weird ass dream even by my standards. I was sitting in the living room watching TV and ended up with a large duckling on my lap. I'm guessing it was actually a cygnet (baby swan, or whatever you call a baby goose, but it was colored like a duckling) it stayed with me for a little bit, and I talked to it, gave it pets and let it sit on my lap. I then took it outside to let it leave, and it flew off, by the time it had made it part way it had become a full size mute swan, which I suppose answers the question about whether it was a cygnet or not.

The amusing interpretations from the dream dictionary website.

To see a white swan in your dream symbolizes grace, purity, beauty, dignity, wealth and prestige. Something or someone that may initially be unappealing can turn out to be quite attractive. It is important not to prejudge a situation or person based on the surface.

Petting
To dream that you are petting an animal indicates that you are acknowledging or embracing some physical attribute or primitive desire within yourself.

To see birds in your dream symbolizes your goals, aspirations and hopes. To dream of chirping and/or flying birds represents joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You are experiencing spiritual freedom and psychological liberation. It is almost as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #787 on: 22 Jul 2013, 09:36 »

I dreamed I was having sex, but my partner was criticizing my technique the entire time. I gave it all I got and all, but apparently it was just awful. In the end I said "I can give you oral sex if you want" and she replied "this is why I broke up with you". That's when I noticed I've been screwing my ex the entire time.

I am not supposed to have dreams about exes anymore

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #788 on: 23 Jul 2013, 01:38 »

Yeah well. I've noticed that particular bug in reality where memories of exes don't give a shit about whether you want them or not. I really hope it's fixed in next version.

A guy I know was in my room sitting on my bed and sorting through various paperwork, which was not at all weird somehow. Maybe because I kept switching between being him and myself observing him standing in the room.

He had that particular 50-€-ct coin which had a strange pattern on the heads side. For the non-EU-guys, all coins have different heads sides depending on issuing country, but his was unlike I had ever seen, and the coin was really important to him. And then he lost it somehow between all the stuff that was on the bed and was frantically searching for it. Someone else (might have been observer-me) thought he had found it, but it was actually a mundane French 50 ct coin, which I knew in the dream.

Somehow, as I was drifting closer to being awake, I thought there might be military secrets associated with that coin, such as it being hollow on the inside or something. (This is probably due to having recently read the story about how the British smuggled hollowed-out Monopoly boards to British POWs in WWII).

Then I woke up, and I still desperately wanted to find the coin for a few minutes, or at least remember what the pattern had been.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #789 on: 23 Jul 2013, 03:04 »

I was married to a friend of mine. Both in the dream and after waking, I was totally fine with the idea. Probably not going to do anything about it, because if there's one thing I'm good at, it's regret.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #790 on: 23 Jul 2013, 06:47 »

My new car got stolen while I was getting stuff out of the passenger's side. Or at least, it drove away without me, and I reported it stolen.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #791 on: 23 Jul 2013, 08:03 »

It took several moments for me to realize this is the dream thread, and I spent those minutes thinking "poor bainidhe_dub! how awful it must be to lose a new car!"

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #792 on: 23 Jul 2013, 08:30 »

I woke myself up this morning by dreaming that my alarm clock was beeping.  :psyduck:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #793 on: 25 Jul 2013, 06:14 »

I can't remember the last time I dreamed about having sex, and I've no conscious leaning toward gay sex. But a couple of nights ago I dreamed I had some friend's penis in my mouth, that we were in some 69 position. I recall feeling awkward about it and that there was something sort of dry about the sensation. Not horrifying, slightly unpleasant, totally unexpected. I think I knew the guy, but not by the time I remembered the dream.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #794 on: 25 Jul 2013, 07:12 »

Does anyone else have complex dream geographies?  I have a consistent dream map of 3 different cities (at least), two I've lived in and one I've visited.  One I haven't been in since I was 4 years old.  But I've had dozens of dreams in the dream versions of those towns, and the layouts never vary.  I mean, they're different from reality, but they're consistent dream to dream.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #795 on: 25 Jul 2013, 09:26 »

I have a recurring flying dream. I can recall many years ago the flying, swooping, aerobatic kind of flying dreams. But these are more like skimming the ground: I take a step, and I wait for the next foot to land -- and it doesn't. Or maybe it doesn't until I make an effort to extend it. In the last dream, it seemed that leaning forward ensured lift, and I recall being impressed with the aerodynamics.
In daydreams, I cruise around the countryside here on my Portable Antigravity Device, admiring the forest, the animals, the fields. I call the platform my PAD, and forgodssake I wish someone would invent it.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #797 on: 26 Jul 2013, 07:36 »

it's 7 in the goddamn morning and I was just woken up by my awful dream. I was at this bar in town called Blue Bar, which is known to locals as a place you only go if you're an idiot and want to be killed. In the dream, the place and the surrounding area look NOTHING like the real place.

Anyway, I'd stopped into this bar, and it looks like a real shithole. 4 pool tables, all of em with messed up felt. mighta been 3 cues in the whole place that weren't warped or broken, and there were a lot of cues. everybody was half toothless white trash in leather and denim, and looked like they'd never seen water, let alone a shower.

anyway, I bought a beer for a guy who looked like he needed it, and then left the place. lady at the door asked what was wrong, and I said "Just doesn't seem like my kinda place. Nothin personal, everybody treated me fine. Thanks for having me." Walk out the door and there's a buncha thug-ass looking white kids and mexican kids literally throwing salt at each other, and one of em decides to throw salt at me, so I'm like "Hey don't throw salt at me, I don't like it" and the guy who threw it at me got really mad and started hitting me on the head, and then they all circled me and started poking and prodding at me from around the circle and I kept turning around and trying to find a way to get out. and I could see my friends in the car watching and waiting but I couldn't get to them, and this one guy started beating me up.

yeah I ain't going back to bed

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #798 on: 26 Jul 2013, 08:58 »

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #799 on: 30 Jul 2013, 03:30 »

Continuing exploration of dream house, focusing exclusively on back of main floor and basement.

(NB: a couple of things hint that this might not have been the dream house per se.  The location was not dream subdivision, but was instead the village of K.  Also, the wood panneled party room from the basement of another dream was absent, so either THAT wasn't the dream house, or this dream wasn't.)

The house was every bit as eclectic as usual.  There were odd rooms and hallways, all disjointed.  One of the two most memorable features of the back of the main floor, the back stairs to the top floor, were not seen.  I also think the covered piano room was absent, but I think that's at the base of the stairs.

The premise was looking for a room for a house guest.  As we wandered, we encountered pets.  There were some cats (at least 3) at the back.  I asked if they were being fed, and I realized I'd been living in the house for just a few days.  Some kids had been feeding them.  There was also a VERY inaccessible back patio/room, which contained a dog and a caiman.  These two were likely influenced by Agatha Christie's Hastings character (I watched an episode of Poirot last night), so maybe they're not permenant fixtures.  The back left (facing the back) of the house is the single least seen part of the dream house, so that patio and the small pool that was outside are new, but not surprising.

I think the dream started on the main floor, with a guest room.  There seemed to be stairs to the basement in the middle of the house.  From there, towards the left side (facing the back) was a short hallway with like 3 rooms.  Then there was a hallway towards the back, which hooked left to the caiman room.  I recall there being two bathrooms practically side-by-side, though one unexpectedly had some kind of a whirlpool/jacuzzi/hottub in it.  I have vague recollections of a room with an ensuite in it, but I can't remember exactly where it was.  After the caiman room, we headed towards the back right (facing the back), and there was a room with a dentist chair of some sort in it.  The room was L shaped, and at the back was something that made more sense, but I can't remember what.

I also have the vague impression we knew both the neighbours, which is something that doesn't always happen in dream house dreams.

So, from what I can tell, there were at least 5 bedrooms in the basement, and we only wandered half the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29   Go Up