THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347843 times)

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #950 on: 14 Nov 2013, 10:05 »

Oh yeah, I'm one of very few fairly well-travelled Europeans who have never been to Paris. Or anywhere else in France, really. It's just been a blind-spot for me for so long, and it's really weird considering I have a degree in Art History, but right now my old flatmate and good friend is studying there so I figured I'll take the opportunity to go visit her while I can. I think if I was going to travel around Europe for the first time, I'd pick somewhere else or at least not make Paris the main destination, maybe just spend a weekend there or something.

That said, I don't mind 'rude' people in the way people describe Parisian rudeness. The put on, cheery attitude of people you find elsewhere is way worse to me.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #951 on: 14 Nov 2013, 10:45 »

Normandy is the first place I want to go in France, then the American cemetaries for both wars, then the British* followed by Bellau Wood. Everything else in France is optional.

*I want to find Pvt William "Willie" McBride's gravestone and visit. Well one of them. They still aren't quite sure which Willie McBride is THE Willie McBride from "The Green Fields of France"
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

BrusselSprouts

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • kind of awkward
« Reply #952 on: 14 Nov 2013, 12:13 »

I'm not sure how interested you are in Canadian History, but there's an awesome WWII museum on Juno Beach in Normandy. Depending on if/when you go, I might be working there actually, since it's run by bilingual Canadian university students, specifically those who are majoring in History. It's a super cool place!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #953 on: 14 Nov 2013, 12:33 »

I work for a historical miniatures company that specializes in WW2, I don't personally run Canadians, but I'm fairly up on their history.

*snicker* two words: Ram Kangaroo
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #954 on: 14 Nov 2013, 13:01 »

so I googled 'Ram Kangaroo': now THAT was an interesting concept.

but the other images that came up could give me nightmares.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #955 on: 14 Nov 2013, 13:03 »

"This tank sucks, what do we do?"
"Pull the turret off and let the grunts have it"
"....works for me"

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #956 on: 14 Nov 2013, 13:57 »

I lived in Paris and loved it, but I agree that the people aren't friendly, the city is grey and dirty, and it's not a welcoming place. Perhaps I loved it because it was the first time I'd lived in a city and had freedom and free time.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Grognard

« Reply #957 on: 15 Nov 2013, 06:42 »

"This tank sucks, what do we do?"
"Pull the turret off and let the grunts have it"
"....works for me"

the story behind it is a tragic comedy.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #958 on: 15 Nov 2013, 10:08 »

I'm not sure how interested you are in Canadian History, but there's an awesome WWII museum on Juno Beach in Normandy. Depending on if/when you go, I might be working there actually, since it's run by bilingual Canadian university students, specifically those who are majoring in History. It's a super cool place!

There and Vimy would be my go-to places.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #959 on: 15 Nov 2013, 13:31 »

Last night I dreamed I was riding a bicycle through swampy paddy-fields. I came to a river, and loaded my bike onto a sampan for the crossing. For some reason, the sampan-girl was German. We crossed to an island where I sat down to play mahjong with Vladimir Putin (shirtless, of course) and two pandas.

:psyduck:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #960 on: 15 Nov 2013, 15:22 »

....your subconscious seems to be a rather odd place to be Akima. Who was winning the mahjong game?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #961 on: 17 Nov 2013, 10:06 »

I love space dreams especially military ones!  Last night I was on a cruiser, or a large frigate (played sins of a solar empire: rebellion last night).  Somehow I knew we had 200-300 crew members.  I had two friends, a man and a woman and we would always hang out when we didn't have anything to do and didn't want to report for maintenance/janitor duty.  We had jobs that we liked (I knew I liked piloting and gunning, the girl liked science and medicine, and the guy like engineering and hated working the kitchen) but the ship was over staffed (on purpose in case we lost people in battle, or for training purposes) and when those jobs were taken we had to report to maintenance/janitor duty. 

At some point an attractive inspector lady (high ranking too from what I knew) was on board compiling a report on our efficiency.  She was all business but that didn't stop me from trying to flirt. Me and my two friends that I mentioned earlier were hanging out near the bridge just talking and the inspector walked up to us, clipboard in hand and asked us "So is this wear the hipsters hang out?"  She said it very coldly, the same way a supervisor would mean "break it up and get back to work."  I grinned and responded "I wouldn't call us space hipsters just yet."  Hoping to get a response.  She just started scribbling on her clipboard waiting for us to break it up.  My two friends filled out and went up a ramp to report to maintenance.  I didn't want to and instead headed over to the pilot station to see if I could take over (as I preferred to pilot or be a gunner if I could, over maintenance).  A friend from work (IRL) was piloting it and said he didn't need to be relieved.  Somehow I knew the gunnery stations were either filled or not available (not on red alert?).  I started to drag my feet towards engineering to report to maintenance. 

I got past about 3 bulk heads before I heard Steve (my friend from work) call to me asking for help.  I rushed down to him as he was having a hard time piloting and we were going to ram a cargo ship by mistake.  The inspector lady had ran over too (from the opposite side I cam from).  I was itching to get into the pilot seat (I didn't want us to crash and knew I was a better pilot than Steve) but the inspector was coaching him through it.  After we avoided the cargo ship she relieved him and told me to take over.  I celebrated a bit in my head.  I knew I was a good pilot, maybe even the best on the ship, or at least better than Steve.  Plus I didn't have to go to maintenance.  It was at this moment I realized I wasn't human.  Somehow I knew most of the population of whatever nation I was apart of was human but a minority were space elves and apparently the female friend and I were one of those space elves.  I had to put on special contact lenses to properly see the human consoles (as humans had terrible eye sight) and these lenses would change my eye color from blue to purple (as it did with all space elves).  I hated wearing them.  It was at that point that I wondered if the inspector lady didn't want me to take over because she preferred a human at the helm in a time of crisis (even a bumbling one) and also made me wonder about racism toward space elves in general.  I then woke up.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #962 on: 18 Nov 2013, 15:32 »

Pretty awesome that you could remember all that, Leec.

This morning masons were working on the neighbours' house with a blowtorch that was so loud it penetrated into my dreams. It manifested itself as a STALKER-esque gravitational anomaly generator located inside a fortified building. The rumble of the blowtorch coincided with distortion pulses coming from that building that would destabilise buildings and pull at my teeth. It was really frightening.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #963 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:07 »

had a dream I was a detective and sent to the north pole to guard crazy George Lucas.  While there I tried to convince him to change star wars back to the way it was.  We were attacked by some people and a fire fight broke out.  We fought the attackers back to a jungle like Aztec ruin and told them they had to leave.  One guy in a red karate uniform had unknowingly picked up a spirit and we had to track him down (he fell off the side of the pyramid ruin during the fight and was unconscious).  after we got the spirit out of him we let him go.  Yoda and some dwarf lady (she looked like a female dwarf from WoW) were the last 2 jedi's and would rebuild the order there at the jungle Aztec ruin pyramid at the north pole. (Did I confuse you yet?) 

On my way back to the precinct I was abducted by some cultists (somehow I knew it was the same people I had just fought).  They started putting in some painful piercings all over me before I could escape.  A very pretty woman was able to help me get to a friends house.  This "friend" was an artist and usually hung out with bones and used his artistic charms and mysteriousness to get laid.  He was a bit upset that I interrupted him while he was trying to swoon a woman int he back of his place which had several dug up human remains.  He noticed my piercings and saw how the cultists botched some of them.  He went to get some equipment and him and the pretty lady (she was taller than me with either light brown or red hair, fit, and wearing a white t-shirt with yellow yoga shorts with black polka dots) returned.  I was attracted to her and worried the friend may try to pick her up when I was interested with her (she seemed drawn to me because of my hard core piercings, who knows how interested she would be with this mysterious guy...yay jealousy in a dream!). 

He sat me on tall stool, not in front of a mirror, but in front of a sliding glass door.  He wanted me to be able to see everything without fully seeing everything.  I took my bloody white shirt off and gripped it in my hands.  He proceeded to pullout 20 or so pointed metal studs out of my back.  He then gave me a hair cut that looked like Ron Swanson's but he slipped with the clippers and caused a small bald patch at the top of my head.  He tried to comb and style it and then I really did look like Ron Swanson.  He was then going for the 5 inch metal stake coming out of my left shoulder.  "They really botched this one up.  This is going to really hurt."  I wrung the shirt I was holding and stuck it in my mouth and bit down.  I could see the girl in the reflection of the glass door cheering me on and it looked like she was praying for me.  Other people had gathered here too and were watching and cheering.  He pulled out the huge chunk of metal slowly as I bit down.  It hurt but was no-where near as painful as he lead on.  Maybe I was just so bruised up I was numb to the pain?  He then proceeded to cut off the 1x4 metal blocks on either side of my neck and pull out the metal studs out of my neck that kept them there.  Everyone cheered and I looked at myself in the reflection as how bloody and mangles my neck and shoulder were.  Then I woke up.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #964 on: 22 Nov 2013, 03:26 »

A bunch of things happened last night but I can remember as far back as being at sea with another guy on a raft of non-fluid water that was somehow keeping us afloat. We were inserting weird cubes of metal in it that seemed to be alive. Eventually it turned to ice and started breaking up, and me, the guy and a girl who appeared were floating in the water, clinging to the part-ice, part-metal pieces. Eventually we made it ashore and discovered that there had been some sort of disaster and we met people who were going to a safe harbour. That turned out to be a really nice bar where all my friends were drinking. From the point where I got ashore I had been naked (which happens so often in dreams that it's completely ceased to be an embarassment) but apparently I had to wear clothes in order to get into the bar. Somehow that was done, and I was handed a (sealed) can of coca-cola that had something completely different inside, something flat, sweet and lightly alcoholic.

At that point the people who were gathered there started playing a game. We were divided into two teams, the hunters and the hunted. The hunters would chase the hunted with tranq guns and the hunted had to run away from them while a small subset of the hunted acted as the resistance against the hunters. I was one of the runners. I remember a handful of people guiding me and the rest in the right direction while going the other way to confront the hunters. When I was running I encountered a lone hunter who tried to shoot me with a dart, but I blocked it somehow, and then he ran away. I shouted "They're flanking us!" and presumably that caused the others to go in a different direction. The dream turned into Minecraft-o-vision and I came past a place that I knew the way through. I was still being followed by a hunter, so when I found someone's elaborate Minecraft mountain base, I found an extremely small hole at the base of the mountain that someone had left a sword in, and I hid there until the hunter was gone. Exit Minecraft-o-vision, and a bit further I discovered that I had actually discovered the hunters' main base! It was lightly guarded by hunters and androids. I managed to steal a laser gun (of the searing kind, not the zapping kind) that you strapped around your arm with elastic bands. No one was expecting me, so I ran through the base really quickly, dodging and shooting the guards, and disabling the androids, also reprogramming a few to be on my side. I made it to what must have been the command center. There was a cabinet that had valuable items in it, but I grabbed what I assumed was a hotel room key in the shape of a clear plastic rectangle, about the size of a small bar of chocolate. Why did I take that one? It must have been relevant to the plot.

When I got it I slipped into a panic room. A woman came and tried to stop me, but the door was already closing and there was no other way through. I was feeling pretty triumphant when I was inside, but then I suddenly realised that there was still a hostile android in there with me. I hastily readied my laser gun and opened fire on it, but I strapped it on in a hurry so it seared my finger as well. That's where the dream ended.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #965 on: 25 Nov 2013, 04:32 »

I dreamed I was visiting cousins in England.  I've never been, and the dream was mostly filled with (amusing?) impressions of what I thought England would be like.  Notably:
- Tons more railways than Canada
- Houses and pubs are small.  Houses have very small rooms
- Driving on the wrong side of the road, which I forgot
- It being perfectly ordinary for strangers to join you at your table at pubs
- my cousins discussing school rankings, which were apparently a thing and dreadfully important
- some blond cousin who probably doesn't exist whom I thought was cute

I'm sure there was more, but I'm sure whatever I've forgotten was just as embarrassingly wrong as the stuff I remember.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #966 on: 25 Nov 2013, 04:59 »

Railways: check.  Houses: check.  Driving: check, but we call it the right side (as well as it being the left).  Strangers in pubs: check (?).  School rankings: check.  Cousin: can't possibly comment!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #967 on: 25 Nov 2013, 05:10 »

i very rarely remember my dreams for long after waking, but i probably don't have nightmares very often, because i had one last week & i definitely remember it.

i was in an episode of the x-files, trapped in an office building with a bunch of other people, one of whom was a shape shifting serial killer. every time the lights went out, someone else would die, until there were only two of us left. at this point, the other guy transformed into a big huge motherfucker and started chasing me through the building with a gun. all i could find to defend myself with was a shitty pair of scissors, and eventually he got me cornered & hiding in a closet.

then i woke up, heart racing in my chest like i'd just done a hundred yard dash. i can't ever remember waking up like that since childhood.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #968 on: 25 Nov 2013, 05:14 »

Last night I dreamed I was riding a bicycle through swampy paddy-fields. I came to a river, and loaded my bike onto a sampan for the crossing. For some reason, the sampan-girl was German. We crossed to an island where I sat down to play mahjong with Vladimir Putin (shirtless, of course) and two pandas.

:psyduck:
putin's enough of a james bond villain that i can totally imagine him being a master of mahjong, along with chess,  go, backgammon, and any other classical strategy game ever.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #969 on: 25 Nov 2013, 05:50 »

Wow.  I figured most of it was wrong, but it's what I got for watching too much Sherlock, Marple and Poirot.

BrusselSprouts

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • kind of awkward
« Reply #970 on: 25 Nov 2013, 11:59 »

Ugh I had one of those frustrating decision making dreams. So a new girl apparently moved into town and she was gorgeous, funny and just wonderful. We started going out and I fell head over heels for her when I found out that she never wanted to leave town. She had a job she loved and she fit into the community way better than I ever have. So when I graduated I had to decide whether I should go off and travel, as is my dream, and then go to a university on the other side of the country, or if I should stay where I am and attend the local university and stay with her. Daylight and hindsight show that I shouldn't give up my dreams for some girl, but at the time it was impossible to choose.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #971 on: 07 Dec 2013, 15:57 »

I had a fucked up nightmare that I think a psychiatrist would adore.

I dreamt that James McAvoy (yes, the actor) and my ex wife's current boyfriend were out to kill me. And they were happy about it. They had these sinister, gleeful smiles the entire time. More than once as they attacked me I would somehow subdue them and rain down my fists on their faces and they would keep smiling while people around me laughed at my efforts. Trying to phone the police never worked. I could never get signal. I ended up at a house party with someone from work who I loathe, where I tried to use her landline to ring the police, which also didn't work.

At around this point, I somehow realised that I was probably dreaming and so had no need to be scared, but needed confirmation that I was dreaming and decided that if I saw my Polish housemate in my dream, that would confirm it was a dream because I've only known her a month??? Sure enough, I bumped into her at said party, and she had a satellite phone which also somehow could not reach the police. I discovered the phone didn't work while standing in a harbour as I saw my ex wife's boyfriend stalking towards me.

Then I woke up.

I don't lucid dream very often but, JESUS CHRIST :psyduck:
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #972 on: 08 Dec 2013, 02:34 »

Dreams are weird. I dreamt last night that someone kept ringing my doorbell and when I eventually looked out of the window to see who it was, it was a ginger boy a bit younger than me and he was climbing up the drainpipe and in through my window. He claimed he was looking for his engagement ring, which my stepdad had found two years ago and rung him to tell him, but the boy didn't bother collecting it. Now he was coming to get it because he'd just had a message to say my stepdad had died. Dream-me had not been told about this and burst into floods of tears and tried to ring my mum but couldn't get through.

Yeah. Not a fun dream. I think my stepdad's real life TIA has got into my psyche and is worrying me.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #973 on: 08 Dec 2013, 04:54 »

I had dreams like that when my Da had to have surgeries on his heart and back. I'm bad with big news, good or bad, and tend to just be numb to it till a clicking point but until that point it would come out in dreams. I remember one where it was five years or so after my Da's surgery and he just wasn't there. Everything was normal but he wasn't there and no one was talking about why and Dream-Me was wondering why no one was weirded out that Da wasn't around even though Dream-Me knew he hadn't come out of the surgery.

My Da came out fine from all his surgeries though. Yay!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #974 on: 30 Dec 2013, 08:03 »

After playing Far Cry 2 for a few hours I had a dream that combined that game with Just Cause 2 and some other things. I, the player, encountered some giants out in the wilderness. Proper, Jack-and-the-beanstalk type giants that could use polearms for acupuncture. I killed one of them with a bunch of landmines, but a second one came after me, so I hopped into a jeep and drove away as fast as I could. Eventually I reached an inner city boulevard where I got out, but the giant had pursued me all the way there. I tried to get out of its reach by grappling onto the side of a really tall building but all I could reach was the underside of a billboard, which put me right at eye level with the giant. I swore viciously at him while it squashed me with one hand.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #975 on: 30 Dec 2013, 09:11 »

I had a Star Trek dream where the person fighting the villain hand to hand was Emily.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #976 on: 04 Jan 2014, 01:22 »

I dreamt I had bought tickets to a classical music/opera concert. When I was there to pick up the tickets, the queue was really long, and it had already started. So in fact I was considering to not pick them up, because they weren't really cheap. I would be the last in line, so I stood there for a while chatting with the cashier and a friend (no idea who that was, it was just a friend of mine) while I could hear various pieces being performed in the hall. Eventually, I could hear they started playing Der Hölle Rache (aka the aria of the Queen of the Night). Which made me decide to buy the tickets after all. It then seamlessly turned into Phantom of the Opera.

Then my alarm rang and I woke up :(
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

SeelieCaptive17

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #977 on: 08 Jan 2014, 11:58 »

I had a dream a few years ago that I was being chased by bad people and I ran into a guy with complete heterochromiac eyes( one was brown and the other was blue.)  He smiled at me like we had known each other for years and protected me as we ran for a safe-house he knew about.  When we got there, he told me not to talk to anybody other than the ones he said was ok.  It was incredibly important that I do as he said.  I told him that it was okay.  We stayed in the safe-house for days.  Then he took me outside to tell me something.  The bad people were getting closer and he had to go fight them to keep me safe.  I understood that it was his duty to more than just me.  He would be helping to exterminate the bad people from the world, making it a better place.  I realized that I didn't even know his name and he gave me a kiss and said, "Silly goose. my name is C--"and then I woke up, completely forgetting his name. 

Explain that one to me.     

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #978 on: 08 Jan 2014, 22:39 »

I don't remember the subject of the dream, but I remember what shirt I was wearing in it. It was a blue cast shirt from a play I worked on. I decided to wear that shirt today, and apparently it was a bad dream because I had a bad day.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #979 on: 09 Jan 2014, 03:54 »

I have just disproven that I cannot read in dreams.
In my dream, I read a mail in my smartphone mail client from myself. Which I did not remember sending.
A few minutes later, there was a mail from myself asking my mailinglists if anybody had received the prior mail. Didn't remember typing the later either. Read it to myself a few times.

In the dream before that, I was in some kind of castle with friends. It had been redone for entertainment purposes of geeks.

I remember we were at the breakfast buffet getting our boiled eggs and got a vial with colorless fluid along with it. Apparently, it was egg color and you had to find out what color you had or just put your egg in it and be surprised.
Some people before me had already mixed up several colors. I remember a red with a very slight blue hue (that one is probably because of you guys) and an orange which was surprisingly unfluid.
There was a yellow narrow winded staircase leading up and down in one place. When we arrived there, one guy from our group remembered he had forgotten his coat and feared his ex would chide him for that. (This mirrors their real life relationship). One other guy said he shouldn't let her control him so much, but he went anyway.

We then took an equivalent of a ski lift made from wood which cardied us across a big room in the castle. I got separated from the others somehow and ended up in a terribly faux Carribean area. Part of it was closed off with tape and there were a few very privileged people playing old arcade games in greyscale colors with controllers you couldn't even get anymore etc.

The thing with the mails was somehow woven into this. Then I woke up from my alarm.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #980 on: 11 Jan 2014, 00:10 »

I dreamed I was at the Burning Man festival where I was dressed up as myself and everyone loved how realistic the costume was. I think I had a very good time, because everyone wanted to give me condoms.

Then I went to a place in the north pole with two of my friends. It was really cool, we had dirt bikes with us and cruised through the snow dunes a bit. We rode our bikes southward, all the way to Turkey, through vast plains and thick bush, never crossing signs of civilization. In Cappadocia, we found a tribal man and I spent a lot of time with him and his two pets, a kiwi and a dingo, who refused to eat anything other than salmon. The kiwi kept cuddling with me and I would cut his cish in pieces because he always tried to swallow them whole which made him choke. The tribal man said "at least you're not a frog", and as he did, millions of giant frogs appeared around us, croaking and squeaking. I left, but not without unintentionally stepping on some frogs which they didn't like. In the end we found some wild horses and we mounted those and rode them to the beach. I named mine Yaşa, which means live.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #981 on: 11 Jan 2014, 05:28 »

Once again I don't remember the subject of the dream. But it ended with someone ringing the doorbell and me once again putting on a very specific shirt (this one a Staff t-shirt from when I worked at Boy Scout camp) to go answer the door. When I opened the door is when I woke up.

I get out of bed and grab the first available clean shirt in order to stumble into the bathroom. Guess what shirt it is? I initially put it on backwards (because I couldn't give less of a fuck at this point in the morning) so I don't notice until I put it on the right way after my shower.

I may have said "what the fuck?" out loud.

Although now I've spilled toothpaste on it and have changed because I don't want to smell like spearmint all day. But still, very weird.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #982 on: 11 Jan 2014, 14:45 »

Laughed at both.

Grognard

« Reply #983 on: 12 Jan 2014, 05:47 »

Dreamt I was banging an anonymous female WHILE my wife sat nearby and coached.
I kept telling her I shouldn't be doing this, then she'd fuss at me to do it better.
I told her to come get in bed, and I'd bang her; but she didn't want to because then she couldn't fix my style.

?WTF?

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #984 on: 12 Jan 2014, 06:16 »

My dream included an RTS game that was basically the plot of Homefront, but set further in the future. It had lasers.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #985 on: 12 Jan 2014, 06:31 »

I dreamed a dream of days gone by.... :mrgreen:

It's in my head every time I open this thread *coughs* ahem.

I dreamed I had a King Tiger in my garage, and how having said heavy tank drastically improved my life.

Grognard

« Reply #986 on: 12 Jan 2014, 17:02 »

I've daydreamed about taking a BMP-1 to work, just to deal with the traffic.
(squish goes the Prius)
Happily, they're available for about $35k.
Sadly, there isn't a bank around that will loan me $35K for commuter-flavored vehicular homicide.
:(

You can get a SDKFZ-251 for $36k ish.... http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/armoured-vehicles-4/ot-810-90#currency=USD

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #987 on: 12 Jan 2014, 18:43 »

There's a BMP-1 on that same website you just linked for 17k

I want one of these though:

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #988 on: 12 Jan 2014, 19:06 »

You should have done like Hawkeye did, mail one piece at a time home from the ME.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Grognard

« Reply #989 on: 12 Jan 2014, 19:57 »

I'd like to have a M2 browning too.

olr did you mean the jeep.

got several restoration clubs around here.  I've seena bout 15 all niceand pretty.

yeah. $17k for a BMP-1.  I'd like one.  I don't know whay I said 35?

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #990 on: 12 Jan 2014, 20:09 »

You should have done like Hawkeye did, mail one piece at a time home from the ME.

Why? I can get all the guns I want. Including Ma Deuce (my one true love, against whom all women compare poorly). The jeep's vintage however.

Fun fact, a semi auto M2 replica is only around 3k! and no more paperwork then your usual semi-auto rifle. The real deal will probably run you around 18k + appropriate taxes, fees and licenses. The real problem is feeding Ma Deuce, M2 ammo goes for around $4.50 a round for ball/FMJ ammunition, and honestly, you know you want a good, healthy mix of AP, API and tracer.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #991 on: 14 Jan 2014, 10:56 »

Hannelore was out with friends and one of them was jealous that Hannelore had been looking over to the next table at Arnold Schwarzenegger's butt. Hannelore took a brain scan to settle the argument and show that she really did value her friend's butt. The results couldn't be read because Hannelore's brain showed so much fascination with the brain scan that the operator couldn't get any data about the butts.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #992 on: 14 Jan 2014, 11:39 »

I took an afternoon nap and dreamt of a rather large centipede scurrying around the house. It was not particularly pleasant.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #993 on: 14 Jan 2014, 13:06 »

You are Kafka and I claim my £5.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #994 on: 14 Jan 2014, 21:15 »

I'm on call right now. Went to bed on time after a very good night but then I woke up after a bizarre dream about a meeting to coordinate the care of someone with parkinson disease, featuring robots, demons, goa'uld, Idris Elba, Graham Elliot, McGyver... like, wtf? I think this is a symptom of dedicating too much of my time to work and TV-shows. Now I can't sleep
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #995 on: 14 Jan 2014, 21:38 »

....well a common thread there seems to be Richard Dean Anderson....

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #996 on: 14 Jan 2014, 21:48 »

Omg and he was in General Hospital too...!
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #997 on: 15 Jan 2014, 04:32 »

Clearly you have a sub-conscious obsession with Richard Dean Anderson... but honestly who doesn't?

Grognard

« Reply #998 on: 15 Jan 2014, 11:29 »

oh HI,
it's MacGyver.  :D

...and now you're hearing THE THEME MUSIC playing in your head... :D

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #999 on: 15 Jan 2014, 11:31 »

Actually, is dolan the Stargate theme.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29   Go Up