THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 348236 times)

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #1000 on: 15 Jan 2014, 11:32 »

Made me think of how there's never sound in my dreams, at least that I can remember.

I love music and I'm an aspiring sound designer. My dreams should have cool-ass sound effects.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #1001 on: 15 Jan 2014, 13:45 »

I had the weirdest dream last night... but fuck if I can remember it now. Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie were involved though.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1002 on: 15 Jan 2014, 14:16 »

Sure you weren't just watching Jeeves and Wooster?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #1003 on: 19 Jan 2014, 22:07 »

I dreamt two guys who were friends of a meatspace friend were taking over the forum and he was okay with it. (He seemed not to know I'm a mod here.) Taking over as in, being appointed mods and running scripts to retroactively change posts.
I was frantically trying to think of an outside communication channel (because I didn't trust the forum software anymore) to contact Paul to ask him if he appointed them and that if they stayed, I was leaving. The only thing I came up with is his Twitter which I am aware he never uses.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1004 on: 30 Jan 2014, 03:41 »

Well that was fucking weird. Literally. Also curry was involved. The details are jumbled.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

BrusselSprouts

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • kind of awkward
« Reply #1005 on: 01 Feb 2014, 09:57 »

You want to know what's actually the worst? Extremely explicit dreams about fictional characters that end up ruining the character forever. I had one the other day about Bolin, the goofy lady killer/dweeb from the Legend of Korra. Made worse since I take melatonin so it was extremely vivid and in focus
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2014, 02:06 by BrusselSprouts »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1006 on: 01 Feb 2014, 10:04 »

I keep having dreams of being back home and freaking out about not being able to take a plane back to Sweden in time for my appointments.

Also, last night I looked into the mirror and saw that my hair was cut short. I thought "What the hell, the last thing I remember is going to bed with long hair, how did this happen? Who did this? ...Whatever, free haircut!"
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1007 on: 01 Feb 2014, 15:08 »

You want to know what's actually the worst? Extremely explicit dreams about fictional characters that end up ruining the character forever. I had one the other day about Bolin, the goofy lady killer/dweeb from the Legend of Korea. Made worse since I take melatonin so it was extremely vivid and in focus
*cough* Korra.
I should continue watching that series sometime, but the more I watch it, the more I dislike Korra :(

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1008 on: 01 Feb 2014, 16:29 »

I had some fucking weird dreams last night. My brain was all the fuck over the place... I do know WoW was involved.

BrusselSprouts

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • kind of awkward
« Reply #1009 on: 02 Feb 2014, 02:11 »

*cough* Korra.
I should continue watching that series sometime, but the more I watch it, the more I dislike Korra :(

Autocorrect is not my friend.

And agreed, Korra is quite unlikeable, especially in the first Book and the second half of the second Book. But the ending of Book 2 shows a lot of promise for the show becoming more courageous, ie making major changes and adding onto the world built up by the first series. And maybe, just maybe Korra might actually grow up a bit...

Related to the thread I had another extremely vivid dream, it was about being a pirate and fighting my way to the top and becoming the first Lady Pirate to rule the seas. Fantastic and adventurous

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #1010 on: 09 Feb 2014, 13:29 »

Yesterday I had to wake up at 4 in the morning to catch a bus (which is fine because I went to sleep early). In my dream I slept in until 7:30 and missed that bus. I cursed, and then (still in my dream) I thought about how it was unusual for me to sleep through my alarm, especially when I went to bed plenty early enough. And then I woke up, it was 2:00

What was strange is that my room looked exactly as it does in real life. The view from my window was the same it usually is in the morning.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1011 on: 09 Feb 2014, 16:22 »

Why is that strange?
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #1012 on: 09 Feb 2014, 18:53 »

I rarely remember my dreams, let alone have totally accurate ones where not a single thing is off. I also think I mentioned the usual lack of sound in my dreams.

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #1013 on: 10 Feb 2014, 19:12 »

I dreamt I argued with the client, got pissed off and decked him.
then I was going to prison, and was worried about loosing my job.
Dreams: oddly, inaccurately logical?
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #1014 on: 11 Feb 2014, 06:18 »

Umm..

Fish, who kept having their water drained, and flying around the room.

Costume party, where I was not in a costume, but seemed to know a bunch of people that I in fact do not know (possible tie in to previous dream?)

My mother in law and 2 dogs living in the basement, and making a mess in the basement kitchen.  One of the dogs was wider than it was tall.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #1015 on: 18 Feb 2014, 03:15 »

Oh hey, vehicle damage and papers I completely forgot were due, two things I definitely did not think my life was missing. Who decided that would make for a good dream, hunh?
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1016 on: 18 Feb 2014, 04:13 »

My girlfriend had a dream where she was eating Liam Neeson's pussy.

No, really.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1017 on: 18 Feb 2014, 12:44 »

I had one where I was advising General Grant about how to repel the Confederate navy's attempted landing of invasion troops on the southern border of the Union.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1018 on: 18 Feb 2014, 12:59 »

No, really.
So? Did he like it?

...Did she like it?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1019 on: 18 Feb 2014, 15:46 »

No, really.
So? Did he like it?

...Did she like it?

She didn't. She thought it was funny, and now can't watch anything with Liam Neeson in it.

I presume he did.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #1020 on: 19 Feb 2014, 14:58 »

I'm having fever dreams, that is all.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1021 on: 22 Feb 2014, 05:01 »

Fucked-uppest dream I've ever had came to me the other night.

I was somewhere in India touring a Buddhist temple turned into a mansion home owned by some old-school Austrian Graf. He spent a lot of time convincing me he was a bad person, but it didn't really sink in until he showed me his fire pit filled with live lesbians.

I woke up feeling very ill.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #1022 on: 22 Feb 2014, 06:23 »

I just woke up from some really weird Stargate themed dream. Jack O'Neill was consoling me after having to detonate a time travelling nuclear bomb, to keep an alien insectoid race from commiting genocide of my people in the past. I was one of three survivors. But detonating that bomb meant practically commiting genocide myself.

In other news: I watch too mch scifi and my subconsciousness is fucked up.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1023 on: 22 Feb 2014, 06:25 »

Hehehe. Ankh not to laugh at you, but all of that is being run through the filter mentally of "Actual military counseling" x Jack O'Neill. The results are extremely humorous.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1024 on: 23 Feb 2014, 01:12 »

I dreamt there was a pretty naked girl with electrodes all over her body and you had to, ahem, excite her enough so that certain areas on her body would raise their temperature, which would then get measured by the electrodes. Apparently it was some kind of game or game show.

I don't remember anything beside that detail.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #1025 on: 23 Feb 2014, 02:02 »

I dreamed I was in a zombie apocalypse again

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #1026 on: 27 Feb 2014, 02:14 »

Baseball.  Possibly predatory pedophilia.  Social violence. Murderers.  Warped reality.  Sexual manipulation.  Liars.  Psychopaths.  Tim Roth as Cal Lightman saving the day.  A suicide.  Gore.

Man, I think I need a hug.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1027 on: 27 Feb 2014, 06:36 »

I think you need a typewriter and a willing producer.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1028 on: 27 Feb 2014, 11:22 »

But a hug you shall get!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1029 on: 02 Mar 2014, 04:03 »

On multiple occasions last night (or the night before that) I've been listening to various people telling me bits of interesting information that I didn't know before, only to realise soon after that this information cannot be trusted since it came from my own brain in the first place.

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
    • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #1030 on: 02 Mar 2014, 14:32 »

Had a strange one last night: my girlfriend and I were driving on some unfamiliar road.  I was aware that the world was ending fairly soon (in a matter of hours), but neither of us seemed too phased by this for some reason.  We drove into a small town/large village which looked a little run down, but had large grand-looking buildings, like it was a fairly well-to-do place at some point.  We parked opposite a pub which was next to a large gothic looking church, and decided that for reasons unclear we needed to find a shop.  I opened the door to a large wooden shed that was situated at a nearby crossroads and found about 5 guys playing gambling slot machines (with one old depressed-looking guy sat in one of those change-booths).  One guy immediately looks at me and says "you're not from around here, I can tell by your accent" (which was weird as I hadn't spoken at this point);  I confirmed this and told him we needed to find a shop - he then graciously showed us down the street to a shop we'd seemingly driven past, however it seemed to be an olde-timey shoppe that sold nothing but candy and tiny aztec-looking mask ornaments.  Despite this, we kept looking around at the various sweets and mystical bric-a-brac until I woke up...

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1031 on: 03 Mar 2014, 09:40 »

TBH, I'm not sure that I'd be too fazed by the end of the world either. Sure, it's a bit of a bummer, but if there's noting you can do about it then why worry? Enjoy what's left.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #1032 on: 04 Mar 2014, 18:46 »

Last night I dreamed that I had a baby. Robert kept telling me about how I'd nearly died and the doctors had to do so much to save me, but I didn't remember any of it. And then I kind of forgot about feeding the baby for like two days, and she kept falling out of cupboards and stuff when I opened them.
And then, I had to run to Pennsylvania for some reason, but I knew the way this time because I dreamed about doing that a couple of nights ago too, but the whole way in the dark and the rain along the side of the highway, I kept thinking about how I was gonna be really pisssed with Robert if he'd forgotten to take the baby with him when he left for the truck stop restaurant where he was supposed to meet me.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1033 on: 05 Mar 2014, 01:20 »

I think I may have dreamed about nailing my former supervisor.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1034 on: 07 Mar 2014, 05:05 »

I think I may have dreamed about nailing my former supervisor.

I have had this dream many a time about my old supervisor. Good lord did I ever find that woman attractive. There was no mutual respect there whatsoever, and let me tell you, those mutual hatefuck dreams are still fap fodder over a year after the fact.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1035 on: 07 Mar 2014, 06:21 »

I never really had a hot boss. I have gotten with some cute lieutenants and NCOs though. So close enough? Nothing quite like the look on a female officer's face the next morning when she realizes she has no idea what rank you are. *cue fleeing from the BOQ*

In other news I had a REALLY odd dream last night. I woke up wrapped in the coils of a giant snake (giant as in, the biggest Anaconda on earth looks like a garter snake big), like most sane individuals I panicked, only to have the rest of the snake slither up and turn out to be a naga... "Darling, what's wrong?" "....what the fuck?"

I woke up so confused I thought someone had snuck into my room and hit me in the head with a brick for a minute.

(click to show/hide)

The weird part is I have no idea where that's coming from mentally. Unless I'm subconciously expressing my desire to be tied up by a strong female. It's not like naga come up much except old school RPGs, and I haven't even been gaming much the last few weeks!

In short, MFW:

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #1036 on: 07 Mar 2014, 07:01 »

How's this for weird: I dreamed I was stuck in an airport for hours sitting between Allison Krauss and Herman Cain. OK, unconscious, where the hell did that come from?
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1037 on: 08 Mar 2014, 01:02 »

I dreamt D and me were exploring catacombs beneath some city. They were made of bricks covered with whitewash and apparently stretched for miles. We got lost a few times which was terrifying.
At some point, we were lead out of the caverns by a tour guide and came past a ladder leading up which had a sign which said roughly "Attention staff: Don't worry about her using the ladder, she goes in and out as she pleases" and I somehow knew the sign was about D. Except the ladder was only like three meters high and there was solid ceiling above it, so it wasn't actually going anywhere. (The sign was black letters on yellow background. It is rare I consciously notice color in dreams.)

In a later dream, I was alone in a somewhat shabby part of the city I lived previously and there were folks discussing a video a female friend of mine had posted which had, quote, "lesbian overtones" and how it would trash her reputation. My thoughts were "well, I am not surprised" (not sure why exactly) and "pff, like she cares what it does with her reputation".

Then I was hanging out with some dudes who were playing Pokémon. Round came a patrol of two policewomen, who were clearly bored. They checked IDs of us and started grilling a dude from the group why he had "two IDs", the second one supposedly being his Pokémon fan card. He started explaining how this was not a fake ID, and I chimed in trying to explain what Pokémon are.

Then I woke up.

(I did some tidying up of my room yesterday and was shuffling around Pokémon games, so I at least know where that part of the dream comes from.)

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #1038 on: 24 Mar 2014, 05:51 »

I dreamed I was at a conference, and for some reason they scheduled some sort of thing for people to meet/hook up or something like that, at the conference center hotel's bar. I went to it and there was only one group of people there, an attractive group of women. So I walked up to a blond girl, said hello, and she said, "I'm way outta your league, buddy." At which point I asked who would be in my league, at which she replied that she didn't see any toothless women around. So I went to the other side of the bar and drowned my sorrows for a while. There was a documentary about undersea creatures on the TV. Afterwards, I met up with the people from my research group, and they pointed out to me that while I was there, the poster session that I was supposed to present at happened and I missed it.

I think my subconscious hates me.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #1039 on: 25 Mar 2014, 03:33 »

The weird part is I have no idea where that's coming from mentally. Unless I'm subconciously expressing my desire to be tied up by a strong female. It's not like naga come up much except old school RPGs, and I haven't even been gaming much the last few weeks!
You haven't watched The Sorcerer And The White Snake recently?

I had a vivid sword-fighting dream last night. Maybe I'm the one who watches too much wuxia cinema.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1040 on: 25 Mar 2014, 04:06 »

I haven't, but I need to now, that looks great! Always up for a Jet Li movie.

I will also lay challenge to the notion that there's such thing as too much wuxia cinema in one's life.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #1041 on: 02 Apr 2014, 09:58 »

Last night I didn't sleep well, but when I did sleep I ended up having a dream where this attractive woman walked up to me... and explained how to solve a computational physics problem I've been stuck on. The crazy thing is her solution works.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1042 on: 02 Apr 2014, 16:03 »

I am having the heartiest of laughs now.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1043 on: 08 Apr 2014, 19:36 »

Last night I had a dream I was in a club, or some place with a lot of people, and I had to go to the bathroom. So I go to the bathroom, unzip and everything, and right as I'm about to go my alarm goes off. I haven't wet the bed since I was 7, but I'm glad my alarm went off when it did

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1044 on: 09 Apr 2014, 02:25 »

I hate those dreams! I haven't wet the bed since I was a small child, but usually when I pass out, I come round through a dream that I've been to the bathroom and then wake up to find I've wet myself. Because fainting in public isn't bad enough, you must also be urine-soaked to experience the full joy.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1045 on: 09 Apr 2014, 03:42 »

I wet the bed once at age 18 or so when I dreamed about urinating. That was a good one.

...BRB, going to the toilet...

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1046 on: 14 Apr 2014, 21:28 »

We were told at basic training of one cadet who wet the bed nearly every night due to stress a couple years before we went through.  Considering the...condition...of some of the sheets we practiced with for bedmaking at the armoury before heading out to training, I'd believe it.

So I'm going up north for Easter to see family up there this weekend, and my mother had a dream last night where I went up north, but my ex came down to the Cities ('Cities' as in Twin Cities or Minneapolis/St Paul for the non-Minnesotans), and mom was trying to tell her that she had missed me because I had gone up north.  She didn't remember much else of the dream, such as its location or how they were conversing, but regardless, I thought it was odd that mom dreamed of the ex when here I haven't dreamed of her once.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #1047 on: 28 Apr 2014, 20:13 »

I once had a dream that Conan O'Brien died and I was the only person who cared.

That was a dream right?

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #1048 on: 29 Apr 2014, 01:16 »

Ugh I had a dream that made me think "Jesus Christ dude, play less video games".

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1049 on: 29 Apr 2014, 01:55 »

I had a dream with my ex wife in it, naked. That's all I remember about it, and I wish I didn't.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29   Go Up