THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 04:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 348201 times)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #1100 on: 13 Jul 2014, 13:50 »

Gareth, your dream reminded me of one I had also involving sex and forumites.

Last night I had a dream Nekowafer moved in to the house opposite mine and we became super besties. She invited me over to the house, which turned out to be like a 24/7 sex dungeon with orgies going on constantly. The only other forumers I noticed were Ackblom and Gareth. Ackblom was pissed off for some reason. Gareth was fucking people.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1101 on: 13 Jul 2014, 13:54 »

*Gareth warmly remembers that post*

I think I even asked you who I was fucking.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1102 on: 13 Jul 2014, 14:00 »

That last sentence is unusually funny if you change a verb to an intensifier.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Nyithra

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1103 on: 14 Jul 2014, 13:14 »

Last night I had a dream that (among other reasons) I had to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital because I kept saying uhhhhhhh like Tina from Bob's burgers.
Follow your heart, but when your heart starts to shit all over your life, follow your brain.

Nyithra

« Reply #1104 on: 18 Jul 2014, 11:42 »

Another one: last night my dream concerned getting kidney transplants. I had two for some reason so my entire dream was spent trying to figure out if I still had one of my own kidneys or if they were both kidneys from other people.
Follow your heart, but when your heart starts to shit all over your life, follow your brain.

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
« Reply #1105 on: 18 Jul 2014, 21:16 »

Not weird, actually a very common one. But it was weirdly realistic. I had the dream where my teeth were rotting away last night. I was standing in my bathroom, all the details were there. I felt the pain, I touched them. I went to my dentist's office and was basically told there was nothing they could do.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #1106 on: 23 Jul 2014, 19:51 »

I had a dream last night that I killed a graboid and tree huggers got mad at me for it.  I may have had "Tremors" dreams before.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #1107 on: 28 Jul 2014, 04:06 »

Uhm, that was weird.
I remember parts of two dreams.
The first one had me dream that I woke up and noticed all kinds of logical inconsistencies in the dream I "woke up" from. But when I really woke up I noticed that everything was completely logical. :psyduck:

The second dream was basically my day to day life. I dreamt I was going to university. I dreamt looking for lactase pills in my pockets. It was an entirely normal day.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #1108 on: 28 Jul 2014, 07:18 »

Nothing specific, but as mentioned elsewhere, I seem to be dreaming a lot more the last few days.

I think at one point I was walking though an urban landscape but believed I had to get back to a DAoC-style border keep to teleport home.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #1109 on: 29 Jul 2014, 05:58 »

Had a dream I cheated on my partner. Not just a sexy dream about another person, but actually lying about where I was going and who I was seeing. Still feeling really horrible and gross about it.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2014, 07:25 by Welu »

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1110 on: 29 Jul 2014, 06:21 »

Last night I dreamed my wife and I were shopping for home reno ideas at a story run and hosted by Don Cherry.

In other words, it was a nightmare.

LocoJoe

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #1111 on: 29 Jul 2014, 11:19 »

Last night I dreamed that my cat was torn apart by a pack of wolves. When I woke up I immediately hugged the shit out of the little guy.
"No one's going to draw you a map. You gotta walk your own path."

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1112 on: 12 Aug 2014, 09:31 »

I dreamt about going through the exact procedure to correctly reorganize my data into graphs, then realised I was dreaming, and got annoyed at having to do it all over again once I woke up.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1113 on: 12 Aug 2014, 10:20 »

I had a fight with my blanket tonight and my blanket won. I woke up completely wrapped up at 3 am and couldn't fall back asleep for some reason. Maybe I was worried it would attack me again.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #1114 on: 12 Aug 2014, 19:50 »

So I had a dream that I was in the dorm area of the prison from Orange is the New Black, but it was co-ed. It looked exactly the same, and there was a fight. The strange part is the guard that arrived to break it up - it was a guard dog from King's Quest VI.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #1115 on: 12 Aug 2014, 20:38 »

Were you in Cell Block K-9?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1116 on: 13 Aug 2014, 03:33 »

Living in a house near a ski hill.  Found a "hidden" stairwell to a basement where there were at least 4 doors, some of which did not lock.  Also at least one hole in the wall.
Woke up and had to reassure myself that a walk around the current house would prove there was no easy way in.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1117 on: 13 Aug 2014, 06:35 »

Continuing exploration of dream house, focusing exclusively on back of main floor and basement.

It's bloody eerie that this was more than a year ago, and I still remember the layout very, very, VERY well.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1118 on: 17 Aug 2014, 02:39 »

I dreamed I had to go to Kingston, Ontario, and swim in ice water with caymans.

That's NOT what my triathlon will be today.

My mind obviously hates me.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1119 on: 20 Aug 2014, 00:29 »

Had a dream where the girl I'm seeing told me she loved me. This happened while she was spending the night with me. What the hell brain don't do that

Sent from my Spacephone using Tapatalk
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #1120 on: 26 Aug 2014, 21:59 »

I had a dream last night that I was getting a lap dance from Emma Stone.  Then she turned out to be a furry and I was not into that.

The lap dance was not particularly good up to that point either.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1121 on: 26 Aug 2014, 23:58 »

I had a dream where my mum was having a baby (and I hadn't even noticed she was pregnant!) and also my brother was killed in some way that I can't remember now, except that in the dream it turned out it was all a dream, and I was really confused and had to keep checking that my brother was really alive and there was no baby, and I kept bursting into tears.

This is probably the most messed-up dream I've ever had, and that includes the one where my mum, brother and I were fleeing from an assassin and the one where my mum was murdered (when I woke up for real in that one, I went to check she was still alive in her bed).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1122 on: 27 Aug 2014, 03:34 »

For the first time since I was 8 I woke up from a bad dream. I was back in my hometown in our flat, when I watched a plane crash basically in our backstreet. It was very detailed. I remember that it was a Boeing. It had lost its right wing and fell in a spiral. I watched it fall down, let myself fall in front of our couch so I wouldn't get hit by so many glass shards, and time slowed down. I fell, slowly, when the plane hit the building. The blast destroyed our window, and in a second impact the wing crashed right into our flat. The fuel tank in the wing probably caught fire, as it was very loud and suddenly very hot. I died. Sudden silence and blackness. Scarily I couldn't open my eyes for a few seconds.
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1123 on: 27 Aug 2014, 06:46 »

So I'm continuing to ramp up my apnea treatment, and my dreams are becoming more coherent.  They're not always easy to remember, but I'm having some fairly long, involved dreams.

A few nights ago it was a weird geographic mish-mosh.  I was in Kap, but there were hills (far more than the Clay Belt actually has), and bizarrely, a highway that should only appear in eastern ontario or near Lake Superior.  We met people we apparently knew, even though they would have been infants last time I lived there.  I also did a long bike ride in the area, somehow, without leaving town.

Mostly, I just continue to be happy that I'm dreaming so much, and optimistic that this means that the treatment is working.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1124 on: 29 Aug 2014, 03:29 »

Again, more coherent.

Background is Machine Gun, by Slowdive

House party in a new house.  I'm a teenager, my youngest son is my brother.  Hanging out in the living room, there are girls there, including one I can specifically identify as a girl I went to high school with, though I didn't hang out with her at all.  Only her hair color is different.

There's a conversation going on around me, mostly between two girls, but I'm not really following it.  Eventually, I start to wonder if it's sexual or about me, but can't puzzle it out.

Upstairs, I count doors in the hall, trying to figure out how many bedrooms there are.  The answer is 3 or 4, because the 2 doors at the far end of the hall, over the living room, are shut.  My parents are behind one, arguing or something, so I'm not exploring further.

I seem to have an ensuite bathroom, which my little brother won't stay out of.  I wind up threatening him with violence to stay out, not because I actually intend to follow through, but because I'm annoyed.  I go looking for a shirt, but there are more shirts in my bathroom than my living room.

Ok, so not fully weird, but again with the strong coherence and feeling of immersion.  The feeling of dreaming like this is very alien to me, and makes me hope that my treatment is really helping.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #1125 on: 29 Aug 2014, 15:39 »

So... I was riding hard on a BMX bike, popping manuals, bunny-hopping the kerbs and fences etc. Then I jumped over a flyover fence (why?) and plummeted into a lake, floundered ashore, and the cell-phone in my cargo-shorts pocket made alarming fizzing noises. I pulled it out, and green-black foam oozed out of the casing joints. Then it caught fire so I dropped it...
 :psyduck:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1126 on: 30 Aug 2014, 02:10 »

I hadn't read the thread title before reading your post and thought it was the blog thread. I got half way through and started to panic!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #1127 on: 30 Aug 2014, 03:56 »

Akima is apparently living out a James Bond movie...
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1128 on: 30 Aug 2014, 05:31 »

I hadn't read the thread title before reading your post and thought it was the blog thread. I got half way through and started to panic!

Haha, same here. I posit: We have too many threads here.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #1129 on: 01 Sep 2014, 07:09 »

Had a weird series of vignette dreams where I was playing a character in a MMO-based futuristic society on a space station - one that was very weirdly built (think more DS9 and not ISS) and had modern elements, but almost anime in nature.

And they had superheroes and supervillians, and... oh God I need to start wearing my CPAP when I'm tired and trying to sleep...
Just another Joe like 46

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #1130 on: 01 Sep 2014, 15:20 »

Akima is apparently living out a James Bond movie...
I'm now imagining one of those Bond-film big set-piece chases with Daniel Craig and the evil mooks on BMX bikes...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1131 on: 01 Sep 2014, 15:25 »

Akima's an agent for the Aussie equivalent of MI6! It all makes sense now!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1132 on: 02 Sep 2014, 18:03 »

I really had some fucked up dreams last night. One dream was basically my school class being at a nuclear research reactor doing weird things. Turns out our chemistry teacher was secretly controlling everything from the basement (I don't even know what or where that basement was, I just remember going down a very long staircase), because we would have fucked up everything. I was wearing a labcoat.

The second dream was just plain weird and somewhat disturbing. It consisted of me taking magic mushrooms when staying at a hostel with some friends. I then had some weird dream inside a dream thing going on. One of the inner dreams (which were caused by the drugs in the outer dream) contained some really weird bakery, which was actually a butchers shop, which was actually a large warehouse. I still remember desperately looking for sliced bread. Another one of the inner dreams had me and somebody else running around on weird steel platforms, trying to avoid surveillance cameras. And one was basically just a nice colourful garden.

Then I basically got down from my virtual trip and there were many people around me, looking concerned. I was in an ER, because in the outer dreams reality I never stopped screaming random things from the inner dreams, and they were really concerned about the drugs I had taken. The rest of the dream consisted basically of me trying to justify my actions.

All this is very weird, because I never really took any drugs. Never even smoked.

Nyithra

« Reply #1133 on: 02 Sep 2014, 18:25 »

I dreamt that I kissed that boy I've been crushing on, then afterwards proceeded to turn into Goofy and run away.

Also I took up smoking later in said dream.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1134 on: 02 Sep 2014, 18:41 »

I had a fight dream the other day which usually consists of a lot of people coming at me to kill me, along with people doing disturbing stuff to draw my attention away. Apparently I sat up in the middle of the night, crawled around on the bed, and mumbled at my fiance. All I remember from that was waking up, kicking off the blanket, and falling back asleep

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #1135 on: 03 Sep 2014, 01:03 »

Akima's an agent for the Aussie equivalent of MI6!
I'm not; I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let me in! That is ASIS in case you are interested. ASIO is the equivalent of MI5.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1136 on: 03 Sep 2014, 01:24 »

That's exactly what a spy would say.

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #1137 on: 03 Sep 2014, 04:31 »

caution, my friend.  we know the rules.
If she tells us, she must kill us.

I have a feeling it is one of those 'men who stare at goats' killings.

:D
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1138 on: 03 Sep 2014, 05:52 »

I dreamt that I kissed that boy I've been crushing on, then afterwards proceeded to turn into Goofy and run away.

Armchair dream analysts have the following questions:

- did he chase you
- did he turn into donald duck or pluto?

Nyithra

« Reply #1139 on: 03 Sep 2014, 07:24 »

He turned into a gray anthropomorphic cat and ran in the opposite direction.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1140 on: 03 Sep 2014, 07:25 »

Hanging out with guys from deep black stuff is always interesting. They make jokes about "If I tell you then I have to kill you" then they give you a look like they aren't kidding... while laughing, and telling you whatever it was.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1141 on: 03 Sep 2014, 11:01 »

Akima's an agent for the Aussie equivalent of MI6! It all makes sense now!

9IW ?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #1142 on: 03 Sep 2014, 15:45 »

9 Insightful Warladies?
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #1143 on: 03 Sep 2014, 16:25 »

I got the joke. I'm waiting for an Aussie native to get it.
Just another Joe like 46

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1144 on: 03 Sep 2014, 19:09 »

I get it too

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #1145 on: 03 Sep 2014, 19:27 »

I don't.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #1146 on: 03 Sep 2014, 23:26 »

I got the joke. I'm waiting for an Aussie native to get it.
I got it as well, the opportunity was just too good to pass up.

Grognard:

(click to show/hide)
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #1147 on: 04 Sep 2014, 00:19 »

Guyys, please. Akima doesn't work for 9IW, This is Australia, so clearly she works for oᴉsɐ.

(click to show/hide)
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #1148 on: 04 Sep 2014, 00:26 »

Myth Confirmed: Australians are loud and upside down.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #1149 on: 04 Sep 2014, 00:34 »

Ɛ> ʞᴉɹƎ noʎ ʞɔnɟ 'ʎǝɥ
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Up