THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 16:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 356074 times)

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #1300 on: 15 Nov 2018, 09:58 »

I've had dreams where running on all-fours (or all-eights), or brachiating through the trees like a monkey with prehensile tail and feet, or flying by flapping my wings, seemed perfectly normal and natural.  But those are not dreams where I occupied anything like human form.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1301 on: 15 Nov 2018, 11:22 »

I've had dreams where running on all-fours (or all-eights), or brachiating through the trees like a monkey with prehensile tail and feet, or flying by flapping my wings, seemed perfectly normal and natural.  But those are not dreams where I occupied anything like human form.

Man, I wish I had shapeshifting dreams. Whenever I fly in my dreams I just am somehow able to with my own arms.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #1302 on: 15 Nov 2018, 12:21 »

Does anyone ever find themselves running on all fours in a dream? I have this often.

I've never had this dream - but a quick Google-search for 'dreaming of running on all fours' reveals that apparently, you're far from the only one (I get almost 4 million hits).

Do I have some ancestral quadruped motor patterns in my brain that tell me how to run?

Maybe? Perhaps Mother Nature got tired of writing specialized locomotion-code for primates time and again (arboreal primates, arboreal primates with prehensile tails, ...) whenever one of our cousins discovered yet another way of tumbling trough the landscape and just decided: "Fuck this - I'm writing a universal BIOS for the buggers now!

If the critters think they'll be happier with a super-sized neocortex and its energy-demands ... OhShit ... What did I do?"

:laugh:
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2018, 12:28 by Case »
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #1303 on: 16 Feb 2019, 07:02 »

Last night I forgot to turn the TV in the living room off before falling asleep. It was on a channel that only shows game shows. I ended up having a dream about being on a quiz show that was hosted by a lion at a zoo. The lion would occasionally interrupt the questions he was asking to snarl at a tiger in a neighboring cage. The answer to the question I remember him asking, "Where did the Wright Brothers make their first flight?", was "Kitty Hawk."  :psyduck:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1304 on: 17 Feb 2019, 10:26 »

During the week, I dreamt that a lion had escaped from a local collection and people were warned not to go near the animal. So in this dream, I was walking into the kitchen and I saw the lion was in the back garden, and it was massive, like 8 foot at the shoulder. I tried to warn my sister, but she didn't believe me. I tried to get her to call the Guards, and while she did, it was more "Haha, my brother says there's a lion in our garden."

Then the lion saw me and leapt at me. And that's when I woke up.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1305 on: 17 Feb 2019, 11:57 »

I'm sure that the big kitty just wanted to play.  Unfortunately, it seems, it thought that you were a big mouse.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1306 on: 17 Feb 2019, 15:25 »

Dang! You guys really take your weird dreaming seriously, don't you?  :laugh:

Lions ...
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1307 on: 17 Feb 2019, 16:00 »

Dream big or go home.

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #1308 on: 11 Mar 2019, 18:35 »

I recently dreamt that I took up farming.
all good, nuthing weird there.
but then, when it was time to harvest, I was pulling out these dehydrated emergency food rations.
rice and beans for the most part.
I knew in my dream that farming doesn't work that way,
so I started picking from another row.
that row was giving me flavor and seasoning packets for the rice and beans.
again, I knew that isn't right, so I went to pick fruit.
... and I was picking packets of vacuum sealed, dehydrated fruit.
so I went to ask ?someone? what was going on.
and I think they were telling me I was growing emergency food rations for the UN (or something)
then they asked me when my crop of dehydrated meats was coming in.
... and I woke up.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

cybersmurf

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1309 on: 12 Mar 2019, 03:08 »

recently, when falling asleep, I keep thinking about stuff amd apparently it turns into lucid dreaming. but then I suddenly come to my senses, immediately forgetting what it was about. like "holy crap, it's right there, why can't I remember?"
it's kind of annoying.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #1310 on: 23 Mar 2019, 05:33 »

I think the contents of my dream last night may be best left as a Noodle Incident, but the result of the dream was that after I woke up, I found myself looking up the history of the invention of the photodiode to try to prove my dream's historical inaccuracy. Turns out awake me was wrong:psyduck:

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1311 on: 23 Mar 2019, 12:06 »

I had a dream the other night that we took a surprise trip to Japan. I woke up thinking, "How was that a surprise? It takes us almost a whole day to get there, how was I surprised?"

cybersmurf

« Reply #1312 on: 24 Mar 2019, 02:49 »

I had a dream the other night that we took a surprise trip to Japan. I woke up thinking, "How was that a surprise? It takes us almost a whole day to get there, how was I surprised?"

You only got told "pack your bags, we're going somewhere!", and you only found out on the airport. Tickets would've given it away anyway.

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1313 on: 25 Mar 2019, 02:26 »

Had a dream a day or so ago, in which I met myself.
Not that I was watching myself in dream-time 3rd person... There were two of me in the dream.
Never had that before!
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1314 on: 25 Mar 2019, 08:16 »

Not that I was watching myself in dream-time 3rd person... There were two of me in the dream.
Never had that before!

Your subconscious is obviously trying to tell your there's not enough of you in the world.

Early-onset delusions of grandeur, I'd say.  :wink:

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1315 on: 25 Mar 2019, 09:02 »

Never had that before!

Your subconscious is obviously trying to tell your there's not enough of you in the world.

Early-onset delusions of grandeur, I'd say.  :wink:

Took my dreams a LONG time to catch up, then!  :)
Covenant

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #1316 on: 25 Mar 2019, 18:44 »

I was dreaming that I was getting off a train just before being awakened by an announcement that made me realise that we were at my stop and I really needed to get off the train.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #1317 on: 25 Mar 2019, 19:08 »

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1318 on: 25 Mar 2019, 20:21 »

I don't mind the nightmares so much anymore.  It's the dreams where I'm happy that are the worst, since I wake up and realise how miserable I am.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

cybersmurf

« Reply #1319 on: 25 Mar 2019, 23:26 »

I just had one of those "I have dreamt this" deja vu moments yesterday at work. It felt like I had experienced a situation before, and I'm certain it came from a dream quite some time ago (something like two years ago I think). What weirds me out: this is my sixth week with this company, they have moved to this office space roughly half a year ago, and I have never been there before my company had moved here, so it's impossible I had drawn pieces of my dream from memories.

Either premonitions, or the unparalleled capability of the human mind to misremembering.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #1320 on: 25 Mar 2019, 23:58 »

That sounds like a genuine deja vu moment.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #1321 on: 26 Mar 2019, 05:11 »

Had this dream that I was in line for some carnival ride that consisted of laying down in a long misshapen tube while a soft-bladed fan passed overhead. People were getting knocked off the ride by the blades, but when I got on, the blades missed me completely. This apparently shocked the ride operator, who asked me if I was okay. I commented that the ride reminded me of the Cliffhanger ride at Six Flags Great America back in the day.

Then I woke up.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

cybersmurf

« Reply #1322 on: 26 Mar 2019, 05:29 »

That sounds like a genuine deja vu moment.

I get those every now and then. it's extremely weird. logically, rationally, I have to say it's my brain misremembering.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1323 on: 26 Mar 2019, 05:42 »

I never get deja vu moments, but I do get those flashes of remembrance of a dream I've had the night before, often with no more specifics than "I remember something." Is that what other people describe when they talk about deja vu? Are they just having a nonspecific recollection and attributing it to their surroundings?
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1324 on: 26 Mar 2019, 07:48 »

Déja vu is a specific feeling of having already experienced one's current situation; it can be weird enough to cause momentary confusion.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1325 on: 26 Mar 2019, 13:51 »

I get deja vu more when I'm tired and/or anxious. I often get moments of deja vu and it makes me think something terrible is about to happen. Luckily my partners are aware of this and I just need to tell them I had deja vu and they tell me everything's fine.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1326 on: 27 Mar 2019, 01:20 »

I often get Vuja De.

A ridiculously powerful feeling that all of this has happened before... to someone else.

Covenant

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #1327 on: 27 Mar 2019, 02:04 »

I sometimes get Agnus Dei. A feeling that I am just a lamb.

Seriously though... I've had a feeling of deja vu exactly once in my life. I remember absolutely nothing about it except the bare fact that it happened, unfortunately.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #1328 on: 10 Apr 2019, 22:11 »

Once I had a dream where I owned a dive bar or somesuch, and had a private midnight projection screening of an extremely rare (and apparently cursed) film, based on an obscure (and I suppose also cursed) play, itself based on a historical siege of a walled town.

I say shit was cursed because, on attempting to start the film, servitor demons spawned and took us all prisoner in the club, on behalf of the twin elephant gods Merciful Atama and Oboso, The Judgment. And our fates were somehow tied to the film, which focused primarily on the defenders and their struggles in the final days of the siege. In history they lost, though records were unclear whether it was simply bad fortune or betrayal.

As the film went on, it became apparent that the tragic fall of the characters was due to the cruel whims of fate and the ultimately overwhelming power of the enemy, so Merciful Atama won right of conviction, and let us go.

Then the dream restarted. Which is... not uncommon, for me, for a dream to rewind some amount and replay differently. And in this version, the film showed that the town fell as much to the infighting, scheming, and multiple betrayals by the defenders against each other. And so dour Oboso, The Judgment would instead decide our fates....

I woke up about then. Which is probably for the best.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1329 on: 11 Apr 2019, 13:06 »

That is amazingly coherent and detailed. Dream restarting happens a lot to me as well, but I've always attributed it to having played too many videogames and thus having the impulse to 'load a save' in certain situations.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1330 on: 11 Apr 2019, 21:35 »

Most of mine are a little more vague, and I don't write them down when I wake up. That one I did, years ago. It's stuck with me.
to be fair also, there's parts that are pretty vague and is up to me interpreting them. like, there were film scenes! but i can't remember anything but the tone and some of the context

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1331 on: 11 Apr 2019, 21:36 »

also i rarely realize that i'm in a dream, and i pretty much never lucid dream

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1332 on: 12 Apr 2019, 01:22 »

I had another one of those repeating dreams last night. I was part of a Stranger Things-like band of kids who discovered an underground bunker and a frog-like alien in a mech suit chased us down there. In the first version I killed it and took the suit for myself, but in the second version we followed the alien inside where it frantically tried to fix all kinds of malfunctioning high tech machinery and we had to figure out how to help.

Morituri

« Reply #1333 on: 12 Apr 2019, 10:53 »

I had a dream last night where I was lying in bed and semi-gradually became aware that someone behind me was holding my arms.  Wait, stop, that wasn't a someone.  That was a something.  It had hands that were much longer than human hands, kind of knobbly like tree-bark, and hard as wood.

I wasn't particularly freaked out about this; my thoughts were more like, "well that's just rude."  And (in the dream) I sort-of knew what it was (species, not individual) and knew that humans were physically far quicker, that it didn't have a really secure grip, and that, as long as it didn't have real leverage, I was probably stronger than one of these things, too. 

I also knew that there was nothing particularly nasty (at least no nastier than holding someone still for a day or two) one of them would do to humans, no matter how creepy they seemed sometimes.  They weren't really particularly dangerous, just ... really inconvenient if one happened to grab you.  So I just lay there for a while, vaguely stressed that there was someone (and an inhuman someone at that) being rude.  I was a little worried about possibly missing work, and that I'd be hungry and thirsty when it finally let go, but not in fear for my life.  And besides, it didn't have a secure grip.  It couldn't get one unless I moved my arms.   And if I moved them quickly enough, it couldn't react in time to close its hands.  These creatures were, after all, slow.

Finally I made the sudden move that would break its grip and throw the covers off, and got up and went into the bathroom, where it took a minute or two for me to calm down and realize that I'd actually woken up at the moment I made that sudden move, and that the thing in the bed with me had been a dream.

....  ergh.   ....  My doctor asks me sometimes how often I have nightmares.  Does something like this count? 

Morituri

« Reply #1334 on: 12 Apr 2019, 11:03 »

It bugs me that I actually banged my head on the bathroom door frame without waking up enough to realize I'd been dreaming.   I don't do that very often, but when I do, it fully and completely wakes me up.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1335 on: 12 Apr 2019, 14:08 »

It bugs me that I actually banged my head on the bathroom door frame

:( :( :( :(

what kind of hell world is this that we must live in shells too small

Morituri

« Reply #1336 on: 12 Apr 2019, 15:20 »

Grrf, yeah about shells too small.  I've managed to get chairs and beds and couches that are appropriate, but so far I've balked at hiring contractors to do the bathroom door frame.  Still, this house is WAAY better than back when I had to rent.

Maybe if I get confident enough about my carpentry/sheetrock/plaster skills, I'll do it myself one of these days.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #1337 on: 18 Apr 2019, 08:08 »

I've been binging the Commissar Caiphas Cain novels (see literature thread) and it seems to have bled into my dream last night.

I was an Imperial Commissar and a small covert team was infiltrating a Tau controlled refinery of some sort (I think it was an ore refinery). They got stuck and were unable to get out but there cover wasn't blown. They were hiding in a warehouse near the main refinery. So I took it upon myself to get them out of there. I got a thick looking enclosed jeep like vehicle and drove to the entrance of the refinery. I pulled into what essentially looked like a giant metal detector with a gate in front of it and rolled down my window to "scan" my ID to get in (I used an expired coupon and knowing it wouldn't buzz me in) and it rejected my "card." I looked over through the passenger window where the receptionist booth, hoping it wasn't one of the one eyed aliens from my briefing that would have seen right through me (they may have been psykers of some sort). I had been fortunate as there was a 3 eyed blue alien woman in a white blouse looked confused. I rolled down my window and put on my best pathetic diminutive "I'm sorry" puppy dog eyes
"Its not scanning for some reason. I don't know why." She looked more confused
"I'm sorry. I don't know why its not working either. Let me get that for you." She said apologetically and opened the doors for me.
I pulled through and a middle aged woman with read hair stuck her head out of the booth through a window on the other side of the door and was yelling something at me that I couldn't hear. Not wanting to draw too much attention to myself I yelled "I don't know why its not working, I'll park over here and wait." Thinking if I cooperated I'd seem less suspicious. I was then worried the lady may call over some fire warrior security guards so I cocked the bolt pistol strapped to my right leg, just in case. Mind you I was not in some sort of disguise, I was in my imperial commissar garb (save the hat as there wasn't enough room to wear it int he vehicle) so I knew I'd stick out like a sore thumb. I placed my discarded hat on top of the pistol to hide it from whomever was coming to meet me. To my luck the middle aged woman sent her subordinate, a young 20 something woman with a hair bob wearing a similar white blouse as the other two receptionists.
"Uh, hey. is there something wrong with your card?" She asked. She seemed friendly and I got the feeling she was a new employee as she didn't seem very confident in talking to me. It was more of an adorkable awkwardness to her. I took this as her finding me intimidatingly attractive and turned on the charm. 
"Uh yeah sorry to be a bother. It doesn't seem to want to read my card. It seemed fine yesterday. But you know how machines can be. Again really sorry to be such a bother to you. I am sure you have more important things than me."  I said very sincerely. "I never had any luck with machines so its probably my fault."
"Oh, no I am sure its not your fault. These thing s can happen sometimes. Let me see if I can get you a new pass." She said beaming with delight that she could help me and cheer me up. She ran back to the booth and came back just as quickly with the access card.
"Thank you so much. Maybe I'll see you around." I said with a flirty grin. She backed away from the car smiling and gave an awkward but excited wave before slowly walking back to the booth.

I got the jeep back on the road and headed deeper into the facility. I found what looked to me like an administration building and I pulled into the parking lot. I got out of the jeep and walked in the building and found a map of the grounds so I could find the warehouse. As I left the building and into the parking lot, I noticed there were was one of those one-eyes aliens walking through the parking lot. They had arms legs and a torso like a human's, but the upper part of their torso served as their head with large curly tube like appendages that came out of the top of the torso and rejoined the body on the right shoulder. It was blue but had purple forearms, hands, shins and feet.  The curls were a rainbow of colors.  I saw a push cart (for what I assume was for moving ore to be processed) and went towards the cart and began pushing it to the sidewalk past the parking lot entrance. Keeping an eye on the alien just in case they saw through me. Luckily he didn't seem to notice me and was looking at the ground angrily while walking past, muttering to himself. I assumed he wasn't having a good day, and just kept walking past trying to bring any attention to myself. When I heard someone call out to me.
"Hey." I looked to my right while pushing the cart and on the sidewalk was a guard. He was a human male wearing what looked like a Chinese Red Army green uniform with red epaulets and collar patches and a matching officer's peak cap with a read band around it. "What are you doing here?" He asked curiously and with no trace of suspicion but more just confused. I thought of a quick excuse.
"Sorry I was on my way to the refinery with my cart but stopped here to use the bathroom. Excuse me I'm a little turned around right now, which was is the refinery?" I asked, trying to get him focused less on my excuse for being there and more on helping me to get back to work.
He looked concerned for me "Should I call this in?" he genuinely asked me, as if I should know the proper protocol in this situation. It probably didn't help that I looked to be in a position of authority considering I wasn't disguised but dressed in the uniform of the imperial commissariat.
"Uh, sure if you want." I shrugged, "but again which way is it to the refinery?" I said, pushing to get him to focus on telling me where the refinery is.
"Oh, sure. Make a left out of here and just head down from there. Its not far." he said helpfully.
"Thanks. I appreciate it!" I said happily. He smiled back. I focused on pushing the card the way he said and didn't look back to see if he was reporting this to anyone. I then started to think of how was I going to get into the warehouse if the team didn't know to look for me, let alone that I was there to help. How was I going to explain to them I was the rescue party. I should go back to the parking lot and get my car and drive over to get them out quickly and run through a chain link fence if need be. It was about then my alarm clock screamed at me to wake up for work.

I really wish I continued the dream. It was very exciting!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1338 on: 27 Apr 2019, 22:13 »

Holy shit this dream was amazing. I couldn't wait to wake up to write it all down.

The setting is this vast capitalist ultra-technological society, a megacity without end where people and androids live side by side. The Apples and Googles of the world still hold a lot of power here, but their vast resources have also made them more attractive to high-tech fraud and theft. The fuzziest part of my dream is when a hacked android infiltrates some corporate headquarters, which was this entire Deus Ex like scenario but it's too distant now, but it ended with the android walking into the CEO's office, about to access the air-gapped network on which the most valuable corporate secrets are stored.

But there's a twist. Behind him appears the CEO. He smiles knowingly. The android turns around and he knows his attempt failed. The CEO wipes the android's OS remotely and a counter appears. Corporate: 27568. Rebels: 5632. The Corporate number ticks up by one. This scenario repeats a few times, and at one point there's an old female android talking amicably to the CEO how one particular approach was almost certain to fail, but she tried it anyway because it was so exciting and all the other, more succesful approaches she'd already done so much that she was bored of them.

Now fast forward some time into the future. A black male android is talking to his human friend about the contacts he has within a pharmaceutical megacorporation, and brags about the tech and secrets he'll be able to steal. But in a network hub some distance away, a colossal snake-like machine approaches. Its head is formed out of hundreds of tubes, out of which emerge prehensile wires that pull out massive bundles of fiber-optic cables, searching for the communication channel that these guys are using. When it's found it, the entire machine splits apart in smaller wires and dives into the cables, fanning out fractally at incredible speed. The android knows he's been compromised and runs.

The next bit is similarly fuzzy, but he eventually arrives in the cyber-slums where most androids have their shitty living spaces (as opposed to the lush bioengineered habitats the rich people have) and he finds a female friend to talk about how much danger he's in. They used to have this friendly competitive dynamic, the rebels and the corps, but now he's being hunted down like an animal. It was only yesterday that they completed another heist with not much apparent ill will.

"Wait, yesterday?" the woman says. "That was two days ago. I thought you were in hiding for all of yesterday."

He thinks about it. This doesn't make any sense. How can an entire day just be missing from his memory? The stress and heat of the slums is making him sweaty, so he takes a swig of water. Then another, and almost downs the whole bottle. But wait, there's something wrong. This doesn't sound like how water is supposed to sound. In fact, it's buzzing. His water bottle was swarming with nanites!

In a panic, he runs out, but reality starts to break down for him. For me as well, and I can't remember much after this, other than desperately trying to wake up, failing, thinking I've woken up and trying to find a way to write this down, and then actually waking up and remembering less than half of what I wanted to write down. It was an absolute rollercoaster.

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1339 on: 28 Apr 2019, 00:51 »

Your brain should talk to Bill Gibson's brain. Or Ridley Scott's.

Jeeze...

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1340 on: 28 Apr 2019, 04:12 »

I know! And the worst thing is that prior to that there was another bunch of stuff that I wanted to write down - I think one of the corporations was called Sapiencia? - but it took so long for me to wake up that I forgot all about it. It was so frustrating: I returned to something resembling a spacious sensory deprivation pool after that dream, completely dark, and I felt that submerging back into the pool would bring me deeper asleep, but there was no way for me to do anything else. The world flipped, up became down, and I emerged in a dream I thought was waking up, but went on for another ten minutes or so. All-Star was playing for some reason. When I eventually did wake up it was mostly out of my control.

cybersmurf

« Reply #1341 on: 06 May 2019, 01:57 »

The other day I had a rather weird dream. By now, most of the details are rather dim, but I can remember pushing a stroller I knew to not carry a child, and asking a good friend of mine whether she was sure she wasn't pregnant (I know IRL she doesn't want to have kids, so that's a rather weird thing).

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1342 on: 24 May 2019, 02:31 »

All I remember from the dream that I had around way-too-early-in-the-morning o'clock was "that fucking axolotl found me again".

What I remember from the dream that came after that was that I was part of a group of people, all of whom were cursed, the main effect of which was being so unpleasant that they really really wanted to not be cursed. If you died, the curse would pass on to the person you love the most, unless you killed another cursed person. If you killed a non-cursed person, your curse would pass on to two other nearby people. If you killed someone who has never killed anyone before, your curse would pass on to their loved one. Basically a recipe for murder.

Somehow we managed to work together to eliminate the curse from all of us, I forgot how but it involved tracking down all the people whom the curse originated with and perform a ritual of some kind. At the end of that mission, we thought that we had broken the curse from everyone forever, but somehow one person escaped our notice and died without getting un-cursed, and the loved one they passed the curse to was on the other side of the world. We were powerless to stop it from spreading further. And then I woke up. Yaaaay.

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1343 on: 24 May 2019, 12:53 »

Your subconscious needs to get a job as creative writer for CD Project Red, asap.

This is decades of RPG-gold going to a waste here ...

:laugh:

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1344 on: 24 May 2019, 16:48 »

Working in my sleep. Wouldn't that be nice...

cybersmurf

« Reply #1345 on: 24 May 2019, 17:49 »

Speaking of dream jobs.

Morituri

« Reply #1346 on: 15 Jun 2019, 00:03 »

Last night I had a dream where a pushy salesman was trying to get me to buy a nightmare insurance policy.  Not an insurance policy that was bad enough to be compared to a nightmare, but an actual insurance policy that was supposed to protect me from the bad effects and traumatic memories of nightmares.  The terms of the deal were that if I had a nightmare, I'd be entitled to exchange the memory of it for the memory of some other dream.  But there was some kind of indemnity rider that I didn't want to agree to, and it was pretty expensive.  The price was in units of attention, and I was thinking I couldn't afford to pay that much attention.

After I finally convinced him I wasn't going to buy insurance, we got to talking for a little while.  His name was Onald.  I asked whether that was for Donald or Ronald, and he didn't know; apparently his father had passed away before he had saved up enough money to buy his first initial. 
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019, 09:40 by Morituri »

UniqueNewYork

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #1347 on: 18 Jun 2019, 08:52 »

This was night before last. I wrote this for Reddit originally.

Okay, so I had two really fucked up dreams last night. In the first one, I was on this season of The Bachelorette, but definitely for the Wrong Reasons (basically getting my fifteen minutes, ya feel me?). There was supposed to be a two on one (don't remember who, unfortunately) but one of the guys fell off the top bunk (no, seriously...nice callback, subconscious) and broke his leg, so I think I offered--or may have been chosen, idk--to be the substitute. We were driven to some bar, and went to the basement to wait. (If you want a sense of the layout, it was basically a very swanky re-do of the Mudders bar from the Firefly episode "Jaynestown".) Time went by and still no Hannah. I don't know how long it was, but the other dude eventually gave up and left (the implication was that we were somehow supposed to be able to guess where she really was). I resolved to stay on the off chance that she'd still be coming here. Course I started knocking back a good many drinks and I think I eventually browned out (note, I have seriously cut back on my drinking in the new year, as in a single digit number of drinks since the second half of January)? Hard to tell, as it was a dream, but I definitely got a sense of no longer being in control of my actions. I remember being surrounded by producers and cameras the next morning and being confronted with pages and pages of just the most awful things that I had apparently hand-written in my drunken stupor. Vile insults about every aspect of anyone I could think of, but definitely the lion's share were about Hannah.

At this point I woke up and ate a bunch of peanut butter (doesn't everyone?). I then went back to sleep and had a slightly altered version of the same dream. Still on the Bachelorette, but this time for the Right Reasons. In this iteration, we were to go to the same bar, but as a one-on-one. This time was also different in that we walked from where we were staying rather than being driven. When we were like two blocks away, my knees suddenly became very painful and locked up and snow started bucketing down, at which point there was some sort of superimposed graphic showing how the vast majority of the US was losing power and experiencing severe weather due to an unspecified combination of catastrophic events. Hannah got frustrated at my difficulties and went on ahead to the bar. That was when I woke up to the alarm. Felt like shit too. Lol

But yeah. I don't usually dream about real people, let alone like this. So like...what the fuck? (Also of note possibly is that in one night I have now had more dreams with Hannah B in them than my girlfriend and I've been dating her since last February)
Data:
>"I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."
Picard, later:
>"Well, Data, time for some unsafe velocities..."

cybersmurf

« Reply #1348 on: 18 Jun 2019, 12:59 »

You had a dream twice, with varying story arcs, but both times resulting in a brown out, but of two different kinds?

UniqueNewYork

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #1349 on: 18 Jun 2019, 13:00 »

Heheh. Never thought about the brownout portion, although in the second case it was definitely more of a blackout.
Data:
>"I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."
Picard, later:
>"Well, Data, time for some unsafe velocities..."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up