Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 23 Mar 2019, 22:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just watched [movie x here]  (Read 158282 times)

Pilchard123

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • I always name them Bitey.
Re: I just watched [movie x here]
« Reply #2050 on: 25 Feb 2019, 14:06 »

Are you thinking of motion capture?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2051 on: 25 Feb 2019, 15:03 »

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Theta9

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Not even that gay.
« Reply #2052 on: 25 Feb 2019, 16:25 »

What would we call the new remake of The Lion King? I don't think it qualifies as "live action" even though it looks photorealistic.

Asking for a friend.
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #2053 on: 25 Feb 2019, 17:00 »

Tell them its a computer animated retelling of Hamlet.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

LeeC

• coprophage
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2054 on: 27 Feb 2019, 06:20 »

I saw Rambo: First Blood yesterday. I saw it as a kid but didn't fully appreciate the story until now.
(click to show/hide)
I am not sure how it was classified back in the 80s but I feel like it is more a drama than an action movie, with the sequels changing up the formula and becoming action movies. Kind of like how Alien is a horror movie while Aliens is more an action movie. I am kind of surprised that in this age of reboots, origin stories, and prequels that there hasn't been one of Rambo in Vietnam. I am glad they haven't but am surprised they didn't. Probably because the Mouse Empire doesn't have the movie rights.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Castlerook

• Older than Moses
  • Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #2055 on: 27 Feb 2019, 09:32 »

The film is much more sympathetic towards Rambo than the novel.

(click to show/hide)
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

cybersmurf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2056 on: 28 Feb 2019, 09:46 »

Are you thinking of motion capture?

Yes and no. MoCap is the technology. While it's easily acceptable to add single non-human animated characters like Gollum for the LotR movies (although MoCap alone supposedly would've yielded a lot of uncanny valley), making the whole thing photorealistic animation is an entirely different thing.

Even if everything that's natural is motion capped, talking animals is something else entirely. you can't MoCap that. and we know it's obviously fake, and animated.
The Wookie approach is different though. In spite of basically being a bipedal animal, the "talking" is done in their own, native way. like if we actually could understand cats meowing, only by their sounds, without any context (like proximity to doors, or food, or time of day)
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

LeeC

• coprophage
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2057 on: 19 Mar 2019, 13:03 »

Oh wow. I thought I had seen the directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven, but apparently I only saw the extended cut. I need to watch the Director's cut now. Those lost scenes were paramount to those characters. Damn you studio interference!

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Up