THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: I just watched [movie x here]  (Read 488034 times)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
Re: I just watched [movie x here]
« Reply #1850 on: 13 May 2017, 14:53 »

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. Enjoyed it a lot. Knew I was in for something fun from the opening scene.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #1851 on: 18 May 2017, 10:43 »

Watching Ghost in the Shell right now.

I thought I'd be thrown of by Johansson's "long-nosed-ness" (Yes, after all the whitewashing-brouhaha and re-watching some of the original 95 footage, I 'get' that the Major really has a Asian features. Funny how that didn't sink in so much before).

Instead, her gait keeps throwing me off - somebody must have told her to "walk more like a man" or something like that, and it looks horrible. I guess they wanted to emulate that feeling of weight to the Major that the 95 anime conveyed; that she may look like simply a tall-ish, athletic woman, but really is a 400-pound combat cyborg.

But it often it ends up looking horribly stilted. Some scenes it works, but there, her body-language is rather like that of a young man barely out of adolescence trying to look tough (shoulders hunched forward, making a half-turn & talking over her shoulder instead of turning fully around, world-weary perma-scowl - the works). Other scenes it just looks weird - her stride far too wide for her frame, her arms either held stiffly at her sides or swinging like she's half a meter taller than she is and she holds her shoulders like she's having a bastard of a crick in her neck.

It's weird because those are mannerisms that so many men know from puberty - when you try to figure out how to 'walk like a man' and mostly end up either looking like your body is remote-controlled by a gaggle of stoned Marsians, or like you're desperately looking for a bolt-hole.

Whoever told her to do that, I want to slap them.

EDIT: Finished with GiTS2017. Not awful, not awesome. The built-in-whitewashing at the end is creepy as fuck. Major gets beat up too often. They killed the Cyberpunk but there's lots of Koi and blinkenlights and garish holos. Some scenes are pure magic, straight out of the Anime.

Edit:
* Interesting take (actually four of them) on GiTS 2017 casting debate and Asian actors in western media - by four asian actresses.
* My 2 cents? The Major is a very tall and very muscular woman with amazing motor control. ScarJo is barely 1.60m. I'd have casted somebody like Zoe Bell (an Asian Zoe Bell would of course be better). Why Zoe Bell? You ever seen Death Proof? Because she's big and athletic and (not-Hollywood) beautiful and she has jaw-dropping motor control, and she can jump into a driving car through the window like it's nothing at all. Somebody spliced cat-genes into her motor cortex - and that is how I picture the Major would look and move.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2017, 16:51 by Case »
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1852 on: 18 May 2017, 15:36 »

* My 2 cents? The Major is a very tall and very muscular woman with amazing motor control. ScarJo is barely 1.60m. I'd have casted somebody like Zoe Bell (an Asian Zoe Bell would of course be better). Why Zoe Bell? You ever seen Death Proof? Because she's big and athletic and (not-Hollywood) beautiful and she has jaw-dropping motor control, and she can jump into a driving car through the window like it's nothing at all.
I've seen Death Proof and I don't remember that. Where'd it happen?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #1853 on: 18 May 2017, 15:52 »

* My 2 cents? The Major is a very tall and very muscular woman with amazing motor control. ScarJo is barely 1.60m. I'd have casted somebody like Zoe Bell (an Asian Zoe Bell would of course be better). Why Zoe Bell? You ever seen Death Proof? Because she's big and athletic and (not-Hollywood) beautiful and she has jaw-dropping motor control, and she can jump into a driving car through the window like it's nothing at all.
I've seen Death Proof and I don't remember that. Where'd it happen?

(9:40)

(Ok, the car isn't moving very quickly ... still a great move, jumping feet-first through the window)
« Last Edit: 18 May 2017, 15:58 by Case »
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1854 on: 13 Jul 2017, 11:11 »

I just watched Arrival and I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to take away from it
(click to show/hide)

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #1855 on: 14 Jul 2017, 07:11 »

* My 2 cents? The Major is a very tall and very muscular woman with amazing motor control. ScarJo is barely 1.60m.
In which version of GITS is Motoko Kusanagi very tall? In the manga and animated films she isn't particularly tall, and in the GITS:SAC series, she's the shortest in Section Nine after Aramaki. I believe that canonically she's supposed to be 168cm (5'6"), at least until Ghost in the Shell: Arise came along, and made her shorter.

And very muscular? Really? Technically, I suppose, she has no muscles in the normal sense in her extremely strong prosthetic body, but in appearance she certainly does not look very muscular in the manga, or in the 1995 movie:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2017, 23:45 by Akima »
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1856 on: 21 Jul 2017, 17:36 »

They're mostly referencing the one scene near the end of the movie when she's ripping the tank open.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1857 on: 23 Jul 2017, 19:34 »

Saw Dunkirk tonight. Very good. Easily Nolan's best movie since The Dark Knight.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1858 on: 24 Jul 2017, 01:29 »

Saw Dunkirk tonight. Very good. Easily Nolan's best movie since The Dark Knight.

It's his best movie since the last time he bothered to make a good movie?

I'm kidding.

Sort of. I haven't seen Interstellar, so who knows.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1859 on: 24 Jul 2017, 16:55 »

I have seen Interstellar and no, you're right.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

audrina

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1860 on: 11 Aug 2017, 06:46 »

The Walk movie

audrina

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1861 on: 14 Aug 2017, 06:26 »

The Intern. I cannot say that it is special but in overall ok. Watched it once and enough.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1862 on: 14 Aug 2017, 07:26 »

Rewatched the first Shrek recently. I forgot that it's actually really funny. Lots of great jokes. Also rewatched Megamind and it's good. It was the right amount of silly I needed that day.

I was watching them on a 55 inch 4K TV and it was my first time properly watching 4K. Shrek in particular looked odd. Very smooth and shiny and sometimes the layering of characters vs objects vs backgrounds was very clear. Obviously it wasn't made to be played in that way but it showed the difference 4K does.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1863 on: 14 Aug 2017, 07:41 »

I saw Tangled for the first time this weekend and now I wonder what the hell took me so long. It was absolutely delightful and might actually be my favorite Disney movie.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1864 on: 18 Aug 2017, 10:50 »

Colossal might be my favourite movie this year. It definitely surprised me.

Finally watched 10 Cloverfield Lane and it's very well made. Tells a great story with a tiny cast.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1865 on: 18 Aug 2017, 13:06 »

10 Cloverfield Lane is a really good movie but it kinda goes insane in the final act and I think that short of further instalments it's a bit of an incomplete piece.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1866 on: 18 Aug 2017, 18:19 »

I just watched Piranha DD and I'm surprised they actually made it, I didn't think the last Piranha movie did that well.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1867 on: 18 Aug 2017, 20:59 »

I saw Logan Lucky tonight. A fun enough heist movie, I guess.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1868 on: 23 Aug 2017, 15:43 »

I just watched Get Out and Colossal

Get Out fucked me up
(click to show/hide)

and Colossal was pretty good too, though follow the advice that I was given and go into it as blind as you can

powermta

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
    • PowerMTA
« Reply #1869 on: 24 Aug 2017, 09:17 »

I just watched Nerve and i expected too much sadly

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #1870 on: 06 Sep 2017, 20:30 »

I saw Logan Lucky tonight. A fun enough heist movie, I guess.

I saw it a few weekends ago with the kids.  It's hilarious, has a TWist, and was fun picking out all the NASCAR driver cameos.  :-D
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1871 on: 07 Sep 2017, 08:51 »

I just watched Arrival and I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to take away from it
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1872 on: 07 Sep 2017, 18:05 »

I just watched the newest Baywatch movie with the Rock and Zack Efron and....there's really not much to it. Like I was hoping for some good laughs or some cool action scenes, but it doesn't really have either of them.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1873 on: 07 Sep 2017, 18:54 »

Kubo and The Two Strings. It looks fantastic and the story made me cry a lot but in a good cathartic way.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1874 on: 11 Sep 2017, 11:56 »

Wind River. Very good performances, and pretty unpredictable. I'd recommend it.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1875 on: 18 Sep 2017, 19:17 »

The Hitman's Bodyguard, and it was way better than it had any right to be. Just madness from start to finish, and never takes itself too seriously.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1876 on: 02 Oct 2017, 14:49 »

Saw IT 2017. I really liked it, it looked cool and the characters worked well together and Pennywise performance was so fun. Reminded me of Freddy Kreuger in a good way. I liked seeing a killer that talked back since that sort of slasher is pretty out of fashion now. It's very rare you see the slasher clearly and in light and they still manage to be intimidating.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1877 on: 02 Oct 2017, 16:54 »

If I get the chance to see it while it's still in theaters (which I probably will, since Halloween is nearly a month away and it's doing well), should I even though I've never seen the original? Or should I watch the original first?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1878 on: 02 Oct 2017, 17:32 »

I haven't watched the original. I've been told it's not great, plus it's very long because it is actually a two episode mini series. Might watch it at some point though for Tim Curry.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #1879 on: 06 Oct 2017, 09:37 »

I saw Blade Runner 2049 last night. Honestly, there are what, three or four versions of the original? The sequel was fine. It had lots of good moments but it didn't need to be nearly three hours long.
(click to show/hide)
I haven't seen the original in over a decade and I don't remember which version I saw, but whatever. I guess if you liked the original, see this? It's shot very well.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity
« Reply #1880 on: 07 Oct 2017, 13:17 »

Rewatched Minions but I hate Scarlet Overkill, I feel like she would be better played by Jane Kaczmarek from Malcolm in the Middle than Sandra Bullock
The point where Existentialist, Taoist and Buddhist thought meet is fascinating.

What goes on inside matters more than what goes on without? If the world beyond our skulls is a cypher that only we can provide meaning to & control is an illusion, what can we expect of ourselves or others?

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #1881 on: 08 Oct 2017, 00:38 »

Watched Blade Runner 2049 today.

I went in with some trepidation. I'm a fan of the original (though not a hardcore fan or anything), and I am always nervous about sequels to beloved films, especially ones that appear unnecessary. I hadn't been reading any reviews.

Visually, the film is marvelous to watch, and it's one of those films I'd recommend catching in the cinema if you care to watch it at all. They managed to explore the topics of the original film in a way that felt to me justified the existence of a sequel. It didn't feel like gratuitous fan service. Best of all, I really felt immersed in the universe of the original film.

Method, I can understand why you may have felt the film too long, but I guess that's one of those YMMV things - to me, I felt like the film had and deserved a lot of room to breathe. It is such an atmospheric film, both visually and aurally, I didn't resent a moment spent there.

I agree with Method's conclusion. If you like the original, you'll probably enjoy it.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #1882 on: 08 Oct 2017, 02:24 »

I only watched the first Blade Runner two nights ago and saw 2049 last night. It's always a little hard to watch films that are considered classics because there's a lifetime of hype. Also my only experience of Blade Runner before was the 1997 PC game.

I'm still kind of processing both films but one thing I can say is I love the look and feel of the world, especially in the first film. I agree with Tova about the new one bring very atmospheric.

Tova

• coprophage
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #1884 on: 21 Oct 2017, 02:02 »

I guess this film is dividing audiences - a couple of my friends hate it. Really hate it. Slow, predictable, unoriginal, visually unimpressive, philosophically uninteresting, no strong protagonists.

Other than the originality criticism (which I agree with, but wasn't bothered by it, as I was expecting it to be a riff on the original rather than groundbreaking), pretty much polar opposite to my reaction.

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1885 on: 03 Nov 2017, 10:35 »

Blade Runner 2049

Loved it.

Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #1886 on: 03 Nov 2017, 12:59 »

I am fine with the pacing and plot. It is visually stunning and far more philosophically interesting than most theatrical releases.  It was the film's treatment of women that bothered me, a lot.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1887 on: 03 Nov 2017, 14:11 »

The Descent. The last time I saw it was when it was released on dvd. Its certainly an atmospheric film that makes the most of a claustrophobic situation even worse. I mean, I like it, but I definitely prefer Dog Soldiers over it.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1888 on: 04 Nov 2017, 17:05 »

This year I took part in the October Horror Movie Challenge again, I watched one horror movie from a list of movies I'd already seen or movies I had yet to see

The list this year was:
(click to show/hide)

Get Out was still amazing on the second watch. The winner this year for me was the movie the Monster, about a mother and daughter trapped in a car in the middle of nowhere being terrorized by a creature in the woods. Genuinely scary with an amazing amount of time given to the mother and daughter's relationship with each other. The loser would have to be Under the Skin, a movie where Scarlett Johansson abducts men and absorbs them? I wasn't really sure what was going on during the  movie. It had some creepy scenes, but mostly I was just confused the entire time cause they never really explain anything.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1889 on: 06 Nov 2017, 10:20 »

I checked whether anything good had been added to my non-subscription on-demand movie service and saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I liked it, but there are a few things that bothered me. Spoilers below for those who are like me and never got around to watch it in cinemas.

(click to show/hide)

Can I think of anything else? We'll see.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1890 on: 06 Nov 2017, 15:09 »

Spoilered responses to the spoilered comments about Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

(click to show/hide)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1891 on: 06 Nov 2017, 16:29 »

That makes some degree of sense, but I still think that there is no difference in outcome between "kill her slowly" and "leave forever", especially not on that timescale.

GotG was a silly movie too, but I didn't feel like it see-sawed so much. There was the dance-off, which was incredibly silly, but was justified by way of "if it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid". I also can't remember any instances of "everyone is dead. now back to your regularly scheduled hijinks."

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1892 on: 07 Nov 2017, 08:37 »

Well it all depends if you think Ego was being truthful or now. If he was being true than Peter's mother was holding him back from completing his grand plan. He made it sound like all the other children he just fathered them and left. With Peter's mother though Ego kept going back. So to his mind so long as she lived he'd wind up choosing her over remaking the universe in his image. If he really felt nothing for her then yes, he would have just left and never returned.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1893 on: 07 Nov 2017, 09:18 »

Unless its the same practised spiel Ego played for all his children throughout the millennia.

Ego:
(click to show/hide)

I imagine the only true thing Ego told Peter was that he was the only one of his children to inherit the capacity to fulfil his plan.

But then again, Ego was aptly named, it was all about him and his plan. Nothing else mattered, not even his own children if they weren't of use to him.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1894 on: 07 Nov 2017, 14:48 »

And that's why I said it depends if you believe him or not. It could be the truth, or it could have been a ploy to manipulate his child of the moment. If so, it's rather a major miscalculation to casually mention he killed Peter's mom. Something you think he would have figured out often caused a negative reaction in a lot of his children

Because of this I rather think he was telling the truth. And it just didn't occur to him that killing Peter's mother would turn Peter against him because he's horrible with people. But we saw from the opening scenes that he thought enough of her to spend time with her and let her in on at least part of his plan, showing her the seedling he'd use later. If all he wanted was an heir to use to kick start his big plan all he had to do was roam the galaxy, make babies with every race he could and have them collected later for testing. Spending time to actually get to know the mothers would be a distraction at most. On the other hand, it all could have been part of his plan to get close enough to a Terran to get her pregnant.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1895 on: 07 Nov 2017, 15:02 »

My line of thinking is just that Ego is a manipulative git. He isn't one to lie, but he's going to use the truth to manipulate his offspring. He's the father that gives the kid just enough to bait them into accepting him and reeling them in for his own purposes. Its a form of abuse. Everything he says is measured to gain the most affection in the shortest amount of time, all in the lead up to the completion of his plan. I've no doubt he felt love for Meredith Quill, just the same as he felt love for every other individual he produced children with. Its just, at the end of the day its all about his plan.

What I'm trying to say is that we don't know that Meredith wasn't the only person he gave a brain tumour to, but that he could have murdered more of his lovers to break the emotional attachment and continue with his plan. Just the same as he could have had left his children live on his surface, but instead killed them because not one of them inherited his abilities.

What screwed things up was that every other child was probably killed before they could form the emotional anchors that helped people; The Guardians, Yondu and Kraglin, and the connection to his mother through the playlist she put together for him. Every other kid was abducted, dropped off with Ego and bam, killed when proved useless to Ego's plan.

So go Mary Poppins', y'all.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1896 on: 08 Nov 2017, 04:24 »

It definitely had too much of a comedic tone.

I think my main issue is that I increasingly find myself identifying with Drax.

Also the amount of death in it is quite shocking and upsetting given that comic heroes don't generally kill dudes.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1897 on: 08 Nov 2017, 17:15 »

The Guardians aren't particularly comic book heroes in the traditional sense. Their members after all include a thief, an assassin, a guy called 'The Destroyer' and a raccoon with a huge gun fetish. And most of them don't have powers, just guns and swords.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1898 on: 08 Nov 2017, 17:33 »

All of those things are really beside the point of the question though. They're the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the movies are about them Guarding the Galaxy. They're the protagonists, the good guys, that's basically the number one criterion of being a comic book hero. Some petty theft isn't going to make the audience stop rooting for them. Heh, rooting. Because I am Groot...

And there's no issue with them being the comic book heroes either. The Guardians have a final kill count of two, not counting the numerous woodland creatures that were probably squished during the ship's crash. No humanoids were killed; they were especially careful to avoid having Rocket use traps that were obviously lethal. All the casual murder is actually done by Yondu and the Ravagers. That's what felt so out of place. The Guardians have this wholesome space adventure while Yondu's entire Ravager crew except one is murdered. It's so dissonant.

Also...

I think my main issue is that I increasingly find myself identifying with Drax.
I don't see what the issue is there.  :angel:
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2017, 17:38 by LTK »

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #1899 on: 15 Nov 2017, 12:22 »

Justice League, shockingly, far exceeded my expectations. After a gag-inducing found-footage intro and a summat clunky first act  full of on-the-nose commentary, it really picked up, maintaining a decent flow of action and humor through to the end. Both of the two major battles were excellent. Action choreography was so-so in the first half but good in the second half. Good structure. One-dimensional but otherwise good antagonist. The movie obviously has its weaknesses. They should've done a much better job with Lois's character. Bruce was rubbish for most of the first half of the movie. Cyborg took nearly an hour to broaden his repertoire from sulk-brood-sneer-sulk. Aquaman is fun for a while but quickly gets old. Too many Snyderesque buttshots survived the editing as well as way, way too much cringe-inducing cheese. One of the main characters is, frankly, just really frickin' boring, except when they play up his creepiness. The climax is poorly handled. But the strengths more than make up for these weaknesses. Bruce improves dramatically in the final act as does Cyborg. Barry's solid except for a couple of bad lines, and his dad is excellent. Every scene involving an Amazon is pretty excellent. There are a few laugh-out-loud funny scenes that sneak up on you, and many other scenes with more low-key humor. Action-scenes and CGI vastly better than BvS. It didn't feel overly long.

There are two extra scenes. The first is is great. The second will make you want to hunt down someone at WB and kick them repeatedly in the shins.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53   Go Up