THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 07:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making a Board Game  (Read 6968 times)

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Middle-of-the-Road Conservative
    • My Newgrounds Audio
Making a Board Game
« on: 20 Feb 2012, 19:31 »

Have any of you fine folks had an idea for a board game that you never implemented because you never made one? I'd like that idea, because I want to make one. I want it to be fun. I'll probably only play it with my friends.
Voluntarily banned from DISCUSS.

Listen to my music. http://wolfgangruck.newgrounds.com/audio/

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Middle-of-the-Road Conservative
    • My Newgrounds Audio
Re: Making a Board Game
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2012, 21:18 »

I should point out that we've decided to make it a Strategy game. We're big Risk fans.
Voluntarily banned from DISCUSS.

Listen to my music. http://wolfgangruck.newgrounds.com/audio/

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
  • Hai. Zorro here. Any CC?
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2012, 02:52 »

I've created a historic like Risk-game that was based on county's in Holland, Parts of germany and Belgium around 1200. The game was to get as much points as possible by land, marriage and to make sure you are in good spirits with the king (who isn't played by anyone, like an NPC)

The idea was that you are a noblemen in charge of one piece of land. You have to attack other pieces of land to get more land, they are neutral at start but can become yours or your enemies. You get 30 soldiers at the start and if you attack another piece with only 10 soldiers (all soldiers x10... so no 24 soldiers or 46). 30 is 20 more than 10 so when rolling ONE dice you get to have 20 difference for a win. Lets say you throw a 4. The enemy throws a 5! You don't win, you tie! Thats becuase you didn't throw higher. Because you lost in throwing... If you throw 5 and the 'neutral' throws 5 you TIE, aka, you need to win... If the difference is say... 6 for the enemy and 3 for you... you lose 10 soldiers (the enemy has 10...) and you can't try again, Battles were pretty random in the middle ages and there are accounts of troops of 300 winning against 3000... There are pre-set provinces where about 5-10 pieces of land are combined to make one piece of land giving you points and other bonuses.

Also, you are a nobleman and have a wife and kids. You can name yourself and your kids whatever you like but be a bit medieval and its all good. Anytime during your round you can pick up a card from the deck that gives you something to do for your king, an assignment to get his favour OR you can pick up a family card. You can in the very first round or the pre-game merriage round marriage away your children to others. People can ask goods, land or gold or anything, even points for a hand in marriage.
If your son and daughter are married you will notice you have no control over your daughter anymore! Becuase she is married away to another man she you have no influence over her anymore. If you pick up a SON or Daughter card you can decide where in the line to the throne you place that. As a new son? or grandson under your first son? It's your pick. There are also DEATH cards. If you pick one up, that person dies! Lots of people died in the middle ages so... well... yeah, sucks for you. If your head of family and all sons are dead... YOU LOSE. Simple as that, it's chance and it happened... All your land goes to the player who your first daughter is married to.  I've seen this happen where one person was winning in land and his last heir died before he picked up another male family card and well... he lost!

Your king needs favours and you need to be in good standing with him. You all get +1 in the beginning and can score points or lose points through assignment he gives you. All assignments have a pre-fixed number of rounds before they must be done OR they are simply: give 3 pieces of land or X amounts of gold to your king. If you get more than +10 you get a overall scoring point. Lose that +10, you lose the point. You make these cards yourselves, just like the marriage cards.

TL:DR
Medieval Risk that involves marriage, land-grabbing and favours to your high king!
All being a bit random...

ADDENDUMS:

If you are person AA. you marry your daughter to person BB. You get -points for attacking his land and he might kill your daughter if you go to far. You are bound in marriage FFS, why attack him!
But, if you are attacked by CC, whom you have no relations and BB also not... BB is obliged to come and help you in the fight sending as many troops as he wants, but at least 10.
If BB does have ties to CC he can decide for himself to help you or not.

AKA: marriage is fucking shit up.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2012, 08:09 »

AKA: marriage is fucking shit up.

This is news?
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up