THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 20:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

It's back and BETTER Than EVER! What was the MOMENT of THE WEEK?

It'll be an informal thing.
- 0 (0%)
Trashbot!
- 1 (1.8%)
Where'd Marigold go? (Now I'm going to toss this apple into the path of the Laser!)
- 1 (1.8%)
THIS IS THE GREATEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE
- 1 (1.8%)
Lt. Potter gave the shares back.
- 0 (0%)
It was SEXUAL HARASSMENT...
- 0 (0%)
Apology Accepted.
- 0 (0%)
Now, go get me a bottle of something...
- 0 (0%)
Five million on principle
- 2 (3.6%)
Zero-G badminton is strenuous!
- 0 (0%)
HERE'S TO PRINCIPLE! TO PRINCIPLE!
- 0 (0%)
S'okay. 'M off doody.
- 1 (1.8%)
EMULATION!
- 0 (0%)
We are all going to die. PROBABLY NOT WOO
- 2 (3.6%)
Dr. Case reveals how much Hanners has changed.
- 4 (7.3%)
Sad stringy-haired little Hanners
- 11 (20%)
One-person psychiatric ward
- 0 (0%)
Cyborg implant? (one of the more popular theories)
- 0 (0%)
Hanners with the little black dress
- 4 (7.3%)
You're even wearing lipstick!
- 1 (1.8%)
Cybernetic implant? Station! They KNOW!
- 6 (10.9%)
Releasin' hunter killer drois.
- 3 (5.5%)
Somebody call for a pack of merciless hunter-killer droids?
- 2 (3.6%)
Aw man, we never get to kill ANYbody.
- 16 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2131-35 (27 Feb- 2 Mar 2012) QC IN SPAAAAAACE! Week 6  (Read 60306 times)

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
  • I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku
Re: WCDT: 2131-35 (27 Feb- 2 Mar 2012) QC IN SPAAAAAACE! Week 6
« Reply #100 on: 28 Feb 2012, 20:47 »

The fact Marten has a Tuxedo appears to have unusual significance for Hanners.

Then again, it could just be, "I don't remember seeing one any of the times I snooped in his closet!"
This post caught my attention while getting caught up. It goes along with something I realized a couple of years ago: Every man looks good in a suit. I think Hannelore would like to see Marten get dressed up for something for once, because he's always in a band shirt and jeans. I think her curiosity about the suit comes from her as a friend wanting to see Marten dress up and feel good about himself, because you can't not feel good when you're dressed up. :)

Also, I leaned back from the computer screen when I read today's comic. That was pretty intense. I'm glad Jeph took that route with this story, but I have to say I didn't expect it at all, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Of course, as soon as I closed out of this tab, I saw the strip linked to earlier in the thread (#1471)... Hanners has indeed seen Marten in a suit before, but she was pretty freaked out at the time, and her memory has probably blacked out the memory through sheer horror. :P
Both the hope and destroyer of worlds. Feel lucky?

Formerly LoliButt.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #101 on: 28 Feb 2012, 20:55 »

Gender of AnthroPCs in QC; presumably other AIs are similar, as they seem to be able to change role quite dramatically.

Though here, in the newspost it states that AIs choose their own self identity. Would this not suggest that part of that identity would include gender, as well? If that's the case, then it appears that Jeph may have committed an unintentional retcon.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #102 on: 28 Feb 2012, 21:16 »

It's also completely believable that the QC world has seen a change in how AnthroPCs are treated. The debate about their legal rights has been happening offstage, but seems to have been pretty dynamic.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

gprimr1

• Furry furrier
« Reply #103 on: 28 Feb 2012, 21:29 »

I though it was interesting how Jeff mentions specifically that the pictures were "public" pictures on Facebook; but it was a work environmental.

Maybe I just read to much into it; but I thought he was taking a shot at managers who decide not to hire someone based on facebook.

This has been a great story line so far.

Matheyus

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #104 on: 28 Feb 2012, 23:09 »

New comic!

I think this is my new favorite, yet there is one thought that dominates my mind:  Pintsize with this software would be hilarious/horrifying.

Also, I'm now wondering if AIs can emulate the effects of other mind-altering substances.  As scary as being on a drunken space station must be, just imagine if he was on an LSD emulator trip.
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be."

Arancaytar

• Curry sauce
« Reply #105 on: 28 Feb 2012, 23:16 »

When Pintsize wants to, uh, widen his consciousness, he just upgrades his video drivers or his RAM.

Deadlywonky

• Furry furrier
  • Homeopathy. The air guitar of medicine.
« Reply #106 on: 28 Feb 2012, 23:26 »

Up until today i was expecting Lt. Potter to show up at the party drunk and try (possibly) to make out with Marten with probably awkward consequences, after today though, I'm not sure that's going to happen.

Isn't it possible that station's acting drunk to Lt. Potter as drinking buddy, but isn't actually drunk at all? In other words, as I might do to pretend I've had too much, slur my words, stumble about, lose volume control etc but be fully sober (or mostly sober).
So two scientists walk into a bar and decide to have a drinking competition, the first scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 please". The second scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 too"

Naturally the first scientist won.

Matheyus

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #107 on: 28 Feb 2012, 23:38 »

When Pintsize wants to, uh, widen his consciousness, he just upgrades his video drivers or his RAM.

Dang, I had completely forgotten about those.
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be."

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #108 on: 28 Feb 2012, 23:42 »

That would be simulation, not emulation.

If I were Hannelore I'd be *really* scared that Station was doing something outside my experience.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #109 on: 29 Feb 2012, 00:23 »

Ah... principle... the reason why smart and morally good people usually aren't rich. And the reason why the spineless and stupid rule the world.  :-D
Are you saying what Lt. Potter did strikes you as smart?
The people who rule the world may be immoral, but they are more cunning than you, otherwise they wouldnt' be rulling the world. ;)
I am saying she is morally good. Smart is a matter of opinion and point of view, of course. Sticking to principles of morale or good sportsmanship (just to name two) can be either smart or stupid.
In my opinion (as you can see here), principles and good morale are smart in the long run, while spineless- and ruthlessness leads to self-destruction eventually. ;)

And as for "more cunning than me", you are not in a position to judge that.  :-D
Besides... lately, if I take a good long look at our "cunning but immoral" leaders I DON'T get the feeling they are pretty s.m.a.r.t...

@IICIH:
Simulating the behavior of another system is called emulation when talking about robots or computers I believe. °O

@Comic:
Let's all go to Principle!
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #110 on: 29 Feb 2012, 01:16 »

For comic #2133..

1. For the comic title, I could see how zero-G Volleyball could be illegal.  One really hard ball-spike could literally decapitate someone.

2. Well the shippers can now cite and fan-fic how Marten and Hannelore got sweaty in zero-G... :psyduck:

3. At least Lt. Potter is not roaming around with cheap space booze wearing only a bra and military pants.  Though I will not envy her space hangover.

4. Station's holographic booze flask and holographic drunk bubbles amused me.  Wonder if Station will experience a emulatory hangover?

5. Hopefully this will not result in drunken holographic zero-G make-outs between the two, either :-P .

6. I also liked the Jeph-revised resolution between Lt. Potter and Station better than his original script (on Jeph's Tumblr), and it still works out towards good humor anyway.

7. To Principle!  WOO.

8. @Soulsynger... My impression of many political leaders is also that they are more about being popular than being S-M-R-T!  I mean-

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #111 on: 29 Feb 2012, 04:41 »

Just a word to the wise, you're NEVER really off-duty.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Theyis

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #112 on: 29 Feb 2012, 05:47 »

1. For the comic title, I could see how zero-G Volleyball could be illegal.  One really hard ball-spike could literally decapitate someone.

Ehm, no... In zero-g the ball won't go any faster than on the ground, because it's still momentum of hand vs momentum of ball at the moment of the spike. It just won't fall to the ground all by itself. And the mass of a volleyball is far too low to decapitate somebody unless you manage to get it up to ridiculous speeds that not even a professional player would be able to manage...

Now all the momentum changes for the players because of playing and spiking the ball would make it a very bizarre sport to do in zero-g...

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #113 on: 29 Feb 2012, 06:04 »

Isn't it possible that station's acting drunk to Lt. Potter as drinking buddy, but isn't actually drunk at all? In other words, as I might do to pretend I've had too much, slur my words, stumble about, lose volume control etc but be fully sober (or mostly sober).

I'm sure it's possible, but I don't see it being likely. I doubt that Jeph would have given Station the drunk bubbles if that were the case. Unless Station is truly omniscient and knows that Jeph draws all of his drunk characters with bubbles so he projected them to ensure that he really did appear to be intoxicated.

:psyduck:
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Madmartigan

• Curry sauce
« Reply #114 on: 29 Feb 2012, 06:21 »

What did say?

Lt. Potter going for the hard stuff. :-D  The "woooo" face.  Absolutely hilarious. 

Bourbon or whiskey though?

Drunk emulation?   :-o  What would drunk orbiting look like?

Anyway, Hanners looks good in a badminton outfit.  And I thought Marty might go more extreme with the badminton look.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #115 on: 29 Feb 2012, 07:46 »

I'm sure it's possible, but I don't see it being likely. I doubt that Jeph would have given Station the drunk bubbles if that were the case. Unless Station is truly omniscient and knows that Jeph draws all of his drunk characters with bubbles so he projected them to ensure that he really did appear to be intoxicated.

Nnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrh ... took me a while... then my brain 'sploded.
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #116 on: 29 Feb 2012, 08:09 »

Lt. Potter going for the hard stuff. :-D  The "woooo" face.  Absolutely hilarious. 

You forget this girl is no stranger to partying. She's starting to remind me of Faye quite a bit.  :lol:
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

NotsoAverageJoe

• Plantmonster
« Reply #117 on: 29 Feb 2012, 08:09 »

that's one of those "good night, bad morning" times.  bet stations's a total light weight.

he's gonna be hurrrrttttiiiinnnnggg tommorow morning.  

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #118 on: 29 Feb 2012, 08:36 »

that's one of those "good night, bad morning" times.  bet stations's a total light weight.

he's gonna be hurrrrttttiiiinnnnggg tommorow morning.  

No, he weighs a couple of hundred tons actually HURR HURR.

Still, chances are he'll wake up with a terrible pain in all the diodes down his left side. That is, presuming he sleeps (and dreams of drunken electric sheep).

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #119 on: 29 Feb 2012, 09:09 »

Station said he transferred critical functions to another processor, so he must be "really" drunk.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #120 on: 29 Feb 2012, 09:15 »

Isn't that essentially what emulation is, though?

And why is it that everyone in this strip "gets drunk" by ploughing through what looks like an entire fifth, or in this case, at least a pint?  I mean, Jesus, Lieutenant, good luck at work in the morning after that.
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2012, 10:01 by Near Lurker »
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #121 on: 29 Feb 2012, 10:05 »

Is this what happens when a Linux machine emulates Windows? 

Wandering around, crashing (into things), hiccupping, loss of control...

Yup!

----------------------

Seriously, how would an AI emulate drunkenness - by slowing clock speed?  Taking a few processors offline? 

Wandering too close to a big magnetic field
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Deadlywonky

• Furry furrier
« Reply #122 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:08 »

Carl-E: disconnecting logic processors one by one? :evil:
So two scientists walk into a bar and decide to have a drinking competition, the first scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 please". The second scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 too"

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #123 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:19 »

Ehm, no... In zero-g the ball won't go any faster than on the ground, because it's still momentum of hand vs momentum of ball at the moment of the spike. It just won't fall to the ground all by itself. And the mass of a volleyball is far too low to decapitate somebody unless you manage to get it up to ridiculous speeds that not even a professional player would be able to manage...

Now all the momentum changes for the players because of playing and spiking the ball would make it a very bizarre sport to do in zero-g...

Agree with most of what you say. IMHO serious problems with zero-g volleyball would be that setter has a difficult job with no parabolas to work with. Also the wing spiker will literally be floating in the air. Makes for viscious near vertical spikes, but the game would be very different  :psyduck:

Zero-g quidditch OTOH...
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #124 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:46 »

I think the real  problem with zero-g volleyball would be the whole action-reaction thing.  A volleyball's a lot more massive than a badminton birdie, so every strike by a player would send them careening bacwards, and give less momentum to the ball than if they were anchored to the ground by gravity.  A good serve would barely make it across the net, and send the server back several feet - possibly into a wall! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #125 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:49 »

You could argue that Quidditch (or any use of flying brooms) is simply using magic to manipulate gravity.

Just pointing this out, bourbon is whiskey (although not all whiskey is bourbon!)  I could be wrong, but bourbon is just whiskey made a certain way in Kentucky (which is why calling Jack Daniel's bourbon is inaccurate).
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #126 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:51 »

And then there is whisky. 
a 'dčanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeňid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

westrim

« Reply #127 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:59 »

zero-g volleyball

Zero-g quidditch
For some reason, on my first read through I read those as "zerg," not "zero-g", and thought that would make both sports perhaps too exciting.

As long as I'm on scifi, why not a Game room a la Enders Game?

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #128 on: 29 Feb 2012, 13:09 »

Carl-E: disconnecting logic processors one by one? :evil:

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true
I'm half crazy all for the love of you

Marten Channeling Arthur Dent there for a moment.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #129 on: 29 Feb 2012, 13:16 »

It's also completely believable that the QC world has seen a change in how AnthroPCs are treated. The debate about their legal rights has been happening offstage, but seems to have been pretty dynamic.

During comic-time, I think it's unlikely. Comic time has only been, what, a couple of years, give or take from the beginning. Also, I gathered that the speech that Momo was reading had happened shortly after the first of the truly self-aware AIs were created - the technology has almost certainly advanced greatly since then, assuming those AI didn't have the same sorts of existences available to them (all the different chassis for one). Also, would they really allow a former military AI to transfer out so easily from their old job, if if entirely independent AI were something that was only very recently recognized?

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #130 on: 29 Feb 2012, 14:06 »

I think the real  problem with zero-g volleyball would be the whole action-reaction thing.  A volleyball's a lot more massive than a badminton birdie, so every strike by a player would send them careening bacwards, and give less momentum to the ball than if they were anchored to the ground by gravity.  A good serve would barely make it across the net, and send the server back several feet - possibly into a wall! 

I'm trying to work that through. Seems to me the strike would send the ball flying almost as fast as ever. The difference in mass between volleyball, 9-10 ounce weight in 1g, and server, 100 pounds earth weight or more, suggests to me the server wouldn't fly off very fast after the serve -- although maybe I'm leaving out the mass of the serving arm which would push the rest of the body back. Depending on the server's posture with respect to the direction of the serve, rotation would be more of an issue. Even at badminton, with a 5-gram birdie, the masses of arm and racquet need to be figured in.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #131 on: 29 Feb 2012, 14:13 »

Yes, using the standard playing moves you would go into a spin.

The constitutional amendment with equal rights for AIs was a new thing when Clinton mentioned it. Sometimes social change that has been long in the making can happen quite suddenly.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #132 on: 29 Feb 2012, 14:37 »

You're right in that serving would become different. But the server can take a couple steps to speed up, toss the ball into the air before toes cross the line, jump into the air, and then (sorta) spike the ball. So the forward momentum the server can collect before s/he puts the ball into play will compensate for the reaction of the ball (and the server's arm). In zero-g the server could leave the ground behind the back line, float in the air in nearly parallel orbit together with the ball, wait until near the net, and then spike the ball. At last according to my understanding of the rules on serving. A further problem would be that unless the floating stops, the server will commit a net fault. So a teammate needs to collide with him mid-air to kill the momentum? Not sure that would work? I'm off to bed, it's past midnight here.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #133 on: 29 Feb 2012, 16:11 »

you'd need a net for the players *and* a net for the ball

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #134 on: 29 Feb 2012, 17:11 »

*and* new rules *and* new layout for the game.

Arancaytar

• Curry sauce
« Reply #135 on: 29 Feb 2012, 17:58 »

How would that work, though? With or without gravity, a spiked ball gets the same initial momentum. The only real difference I can see is that the ball keeps its momentum longer, while it bounces off the walls unpredictably. Is it humanly possible to spike a volleyball hard enough to kill someone on a direct hit, in Earth gravity?

Redball

• What's disease? Where?
« Reply #136 on: 29 Feb 2012, 18:19 »

Hard to see how damage or injury from 1/2-pound inflated ball spiked at 90 mph or more from the player's hand would be different in earth's gravity or in a 0-g arena, other than that dodging injury might be more difficult with no friction surface handy. What is the range of injuries from being hit by a volleyball? What little reading I just did discusses some of the physics, but deals with shoulder injuries rather than the hit-in-the-face dodgeball kind.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #137 on: 29 Feb 2012, 19:02 »

Seriously, how would an AI emulate drunkenness - by slowing clock speed?  Taking a few processors offline?  

Wandering too close to a big magnetic field?  

You had to put that Fanfic in here, didn't you?

And as for Volleyball - you guys are missing the point. Theoretically, you could keep the ball in the air indefinitely in zero-g.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #138 on: 29 Feb 2012, 19:04 »

And a net for the net? [/Xzibit]

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #139 on: 29 Feb 2012, 19:22 »

Wait, Hanners showing skin? Wouldn't the exposure of all that skin to the elements be counterproductive to her OCD and germphobias? And the sweat.....

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #140 on: 29 Feb 2012, 19:29 »

We are all going to die. 

Probably not for a few decades and not all at once, but yeah, everyone dies.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #141 on: 29 Feb 2012, 19:34 »

Lt. Potter = Cosette in SPAAAAAACE!
Just another Joe like 46

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #142 on: 29 Feb 2012, 19:38 »

Yeah, if anything, she reminds me far more of Cosette than of Dora.

(heh, "doody")

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #143 on: 29 Feb 2012, 20:08 »

Wait, Hanners showing skin? Wouldn't the exposure of all that skin to the elements be counterproductive to her OCD and germphobias? And the sweat.....

The space station is a very controlled environment.

At least it WAS.

Besides, Hannelore's worn shorts outside down on dirty old Earth, and has been known to work up a sweat on the drum kit.
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2012, 20:42 by DSL »
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #144 on: 29 Feb 2012, 20:47 »

Principles or Five Large?

Principles. It was sexual harssment.    - 7 (11.5%)
...$5 million, though, would make me feel less harassed.    - 21 (34.4%)
Can't Buy Me Love - nor my forgiveness.    - 2 (3.3%)
Just Give Me Money (That's What I Want)    - 3 (4.9%)
The Major already threatened me with a court martial.    - 0 (0%)
Take that money and RUN, baby, RUN.    - 5 (8.2%)
What is UP with that girl's cowlick?    - 1 (1.6%)
Who cares about the cash? I want that GUN!    - 0 (0%)
Is it a LASER? CAN I SHOOT THE LASER?    - 10 (16.4%)
Space Waffles?    - 4 (6.6%)
SPATHE HAM!    - 8 (13.1%)

Total Voters: 61
Just another Joe like 46

0kamisama

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Warning: Prone to Squee-gasms ♥
« Reply #145 on: 29 Feb 2012, 22:25 »

Space Station veers off course, resulting in orbit decay, then crashes directly into COD, where all our other Earth-bound characters are gathered.

...except for Sven, Steve and Cossette. They inexplicably were off elsewhere. But when they get back to Northampton...

...CUE SPINOFF SERIES!
I have no interest in ordinary humans...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #146 on: 29 Feb 2012, 23:42 »

Comic.

Uh, wow.

Hm.

(reads it over again)

Wow.
Just another Joe like 46

Deadlywonky

• Furry furrier
« Reply #147 on: 29 Feb 2012, 23:47 »

I'm kinda surprised that young neurotic Hanners hadn't shaved her head.

Maybe Friday's comic is a dramatic zoom in covering 6 panels to a tiny scar/suggestive spot(zit)/birthmark in Hanners' hairline or similar  :-o

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #148 on: 29 Feb 2012, 23:48 »

That's just it - she said she didn't want the implant...

(The intracranial communications device from 2125 FYI)
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2012, 00:02 by jwhouk »
Just another Joe like 46

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #149 on: 29 Feb 2012, 23:49 »

Comic.

Uh, wow.

Hm.

(reads it over again)

Wow.

Yeah.

And I thought "The Talk" was heavy.

I have a feeling our lighthearted sci-fi fantasy arc is about to get terribly, terribly real.

Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up