THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (No Spoilers Please)  (Read 31657 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Re: Mass Effect 3 (No Spoilers Please)
« Reply #50 on: 18 Mar 2014, 16:30 »

Carth was awesome. I put Kaidan on the bus the first second I can.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #51 on: 18 Mar 2014, 17:44 »

Kaidan for 1, after agonizing between him and Liara.
Garrus for 2, with chemistry with Thane but ultimately left unexplored.

What will happen for 3? Who knows! Heaven or Hell, LET'S ROCK

(Also Carth > Bastila, pretty much no matter what)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #52 on: 18 Mar 2014, 21:30 »

Oh. For my romance options in ME there is NOT BETTER CHOICE then Tali.

Keelah Se'lai indeed.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #53 on: 18 Mar 2014, 21:48 »

Tali's a lotta cool, but I didn't have that option. :(

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #54 on: 19 Mar 2014, 00:19 »

I would suggest restarting if you are going to play a femshep. Play through all three games, great experience.
Agreed. But I disagree about Hale - I actually much prefer Mark Meer's Shepard - the sarcastic responses throughout the games just seem to work better with his voice (particularly with the Citadel DLC for 3). (also because of "We'll bang, okay?")

For some reason, whenever I play femshep, they always end up being a Vanguard. You know, because spamming Biotic Charge/Nova is awesome.
And Garrus > any other romance option because he's fucking hilarious.

Kaidan gets really boring in ME3. I suppose Ashley does to a point as well, but he annoys me more.

Don't do a solely Renegade playthrough. It's funny for a while but ultimately it will break your soul. Full Paragon can seem boring, but the payoff at the end of 3 is worth it.

Then again, it doesn't matter how you play, so long as you've experienced the joy that is the ME3 multiplayer. (Volus Engineer ftw)
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #55 on: 19 Mar 2014, 04:06 »

I always do Paragon with "Renegade Sprinkles" namely headbutting certain reporters, taking cheap shots whenever they come up, etc

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #56 on: 19 Mar 2014, 04:31 »

I always do Paragon with "Renegade Sprinkles"
That should be on a shirt  :-P
But yes,  I play in exactly the same way
~She/Her/They/Them~

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #57 on: 19 Mar 2014, 05:01 »

I would buy the FUCK out of that shirt.

I confess I have an embarrassing crush on Tali. I have done a Liara all the way run because there was rumors of significant pay off for not cheating on your partner the whole run through across all three games... but no. Not really. In general a lot of the "hey look! Romance!" options just weren't doing it for me. Kaiden "Tabula Rasa" Alenko or Ashley "Space Redneck" Williams* for example. Liara was the best of the options in my mind in ME1 (since Dirty Harr... err Garrus and Tali weren't options yet) but even she struck me as a bit tokenistic. There wasn't much development in that relationship, it was the video game trope relationship via rescue in my mind, she got better later too, but still no where near Bat Turian and the Engineer.

*To defend this nickname, in ME she's a xenophobic space Jesus freak. Her good taste in poetry does not balance out that she pretty much started asking the entire non-human component of your crew why they smell weird. Putting her on the bus for ME2 was my favorite part of the game, because she got replaced by cooler characters like Miranda, Thane and motherfucking JACK. Still had more character then Kaiden though, which is why I suppose I always kill him.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #58 on: 19 Mar 2014, 05:16 »

GM, I feel like this sums it up:
~She/Her/They/Them~

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #59 on: 19 Mar 2014, 06:05 »

I hold no claim to having any skill at photoshop etc, but anyway. Shirt:
(click to show/hide)
~She/Her/They/Them~

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #60 on: 19 Mar 2014, 06:07 »

Oh, the "who will you kill" choice from M1 was just... My response was "can I kill both of them"?

Mass Effect's biggest problem is that there's too many humans, really. They're generally just not interesting.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #61 on: 19 Mar 2014, 06:09 »

If you don't punch Al-Jilani I don't know how to relate to you as a person.

and yes. Holy fuck yes. I would buy the shit out of that shirt.

Hey look! Snalin and I agreeing about something again! Come onwards ye end times! The humans would have been fine if they'd taken the time to make them suck less. Vega was a giant meathead but he was an interesting character.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #62 on: 19 Mar 2014, 06:13 »

Vega was a giant meathead but he was an interesting character.
Vega had character. He was pretty much the only major character in the series from a working class background. And how often do you get to spar with your crewmates? (Barring any comments about Garrus and "sparring" from the ME2 romance subplot)

And I think it was good that the humans were mostly complete assholes. You have to succeed despite humanity. Overcome the racism and shitty selfish people to save everybody. Gives the story more depth, certainly.
~She/Her/They/Them~

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #63 on: 19 Mar 2014, 06:34 »

Well. The aliens (outside your crew) certainly all managed to hail from the dickehead nebula too. I was tempted to let the council die just because they were assholes

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #64 on: 19 Mar 2014, 12:34 »

I actually did a playthrough wherein I allowed the council to die -
(click to show/hide)
  That was pretty disappointing.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #65 on: 19 Mar 2014, 12:39 »

Well they're politicians. Which makes them assholes by default. They're from space, so more properly they're intergalactic assholes.

HauntingPoem

• Furry furrier
  • Such cool. Post good. Wow.
« Reply #66 on: 19 Mar 2014, 14:43 »

The two DLC characters in ME2 are really interesting as well. Javik was glaringly obvious fan service, but I enjoyed him as well.
"Our home is where we are. Our place of origin does not matter"

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #67 on: 19 Mar 2014, 16:08 »

Miranda isn't interesting.

Edit: You know what? I'm gonna go one further. Jacob is (mostly) uninteresting too. Has his moments, especially his mission, but...

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #68 on: 19 Mar 2014, 16:15 »

I actually enjoyed Miranda. I wish they'd done more with the "genetically perfect/still a flawed human being with issues" thing they seemed to be setting up, especially in direct comparison with Jack, but nothing ever really went further with that sadly. I like Miranda when she's being human. I'd also like it if she put on slightly more in the way of clothes, and if the camera didn't follow her ass around like a dog following a piece of bacon.

Jacob was pretty boring, his mission was cool though.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #69 on: 19 Mar 2014, 16:40 »

I know right?

Someone told me that she's supposed to modeled off some model or something, so...I guess they wanted to show off?

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #70 on: 19 Mar 2014, 17:51 »

The two DLC characters in ME2 are really interesting as well. Javik was glaringly obvious fan service, but I enjoyed him as well.

Javik is best character

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #71 on: 19 Mar 2014, 18:05 »

I know right?

Someone told me that she's supposed to modeled off some model or something, so...I guess they wanted to show off?

Any one know who? I wanna know... for... scientific reasons  :psyduck:

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #72 on: 19 Mar 2014, 18:07 »

Supposedly her voice actor?
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #74 on: 19 Mar 2014, 18:32 »

Her voice and appearence (mostly her face) were modeled off Yvonne Strzechowski.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #75 on: 19 Mar 2014, 18:38 »

*googles*

Yowza!

Nae maybe you were thinking of the recruit-able reporter girl who's modeled on and voiced by that one IGN reporter?

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #76 on: 19 Mar 2014, 19:09 »

That would be Jessica Chobot.
~She/Her/They/Them~

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #77 on: 19 Mar 2014, 19:31 »

Sure, whoever the hell that is.

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #78 on: 19 Mar 2014, 19:49 »

Anyone been paying attention to Mass Effect lately? Know if there's any news of sequels and/or spin offs yet?
I dunno..

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #79 on: 19 Mar 2014, 20:22 »

I think the ME team made it pretty clear Shep's done with ME3, I haven't heard anything about spin offs yet, but I'm sure something's in the works. EA's gonna milk that IP (and Bioware itself) till it dies.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #80 on: 19 Mar 2014, 22:21 »

I'm holding out for a Blasto android/iphone game. Or, you know, a XBL Arcade game with co-op (remember his Elcor companion?)

"This one does not give a vorcha's fecal emission whether or not EA is milking the series out of every penny it can"

"Badassfully: Damn it. Blasto
~She/Her/They/Them~

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #81 on: 19 Mar 2014, 23:06 »

I wouldn't mind an ME game in the new style of shooter they're aiming for in The Division or Destiny.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #82 on: 20 Mar 2014, 03:57 »

I still want a game doing the First Contact War with the Turians. A post Shepard Commander game where you have to pick the universe out of the rubble could be interesting too.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #83 on: 20 Mar 2014, 04:21 »

I'd love to see the Genesis for a post-shepard universe. It would be so fucking complicated and that's before you even *start* the game. And the default option would piss off a great deal of people
(click to show/hide)

I imagine the First Contact War is probably the next stop for the series.
~She/Her/They/Them~

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #84 on: 20 Mar 2014, 04:27 »

The key with the First Contact War would be keeping the scope suitably wide so you run into everyone's favorite species, and also have suitable chances to practice the Captain Kirk school of diplomacy and interstellar relations.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #85 on: 20 Mar 2014, 07:35 »

There were some rumors that they were going to make a game set on Earth a little while after the end of ME3 where no one could leave because of their reliance on the mass effect drives so resources are starting to run out

Here's some info on ME 4 from yesterday

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #86 on: 20 Mar 2014, 07:39 »

I think the ME team made it pretty clear Shep's done with ME3, I haven't heard anything about spin offs yet, but I'm sure something's in the works. EA's gonna milk that IP (and Bioware itself) till it dies.

I'm sure they will. Personally, I'm not a big fan of prequels, so I hope they don't go that way.

I had this idea about a game set in the Mass Effect universe, that I thought could be pretty interesting. I love sci fi, but I dislike how it's always got to be the universe at stake and the apocalypse on the horizon. I'd love to see a more personal story, where you don't have to be the paragon of humanity, but perhaps just some mercenary. Think Firefly or Schlock Mercenary. Let's say you're just some guy that starts up his own mercenary band or something like that, and you go through the motions of recruiting a crew and doing jobs, all obviously with a paragon/renegade system. Surely there'd have to be some bigger, underlying plot, but it shouldn't have to be to save the universe.

There were some rumors that they were going to make a game set on Earth a little while after the end of ME3 where no one could leave because of their reliance on the mass effect drives so resources are starting to run out

That sounds.. pretty lame..
I dunno..

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #87 on: 20 Mar 2014, 10:31 »

Actually it could be pretty epic if done right. Bring it in the exact SECOND the Reapers get wiped out, from that second on it's hard core survival, trying to bring tech back online to save billions of human lives, not to mention the millions of survivors of the allied fleet, deep political intrigue keeping all the factions from splintering, not to mention smaller things like feeding the Quarians and the Turians... all while researching and gathering material to redevelop a functioning warp/mass effect drive without the reapers.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7928095/1/Mass-Effect-3-After-the-Fall-and-Other-Stories

HauntingPoem

• Furry furrier
« Reply #88 on: 20 Mar 2014, 12:13 »

Actually it could be pretty epic if done right. Bring it in the exact SECOND the Reapers get wiped out, from that second on it's hard core survival, trying to bring tech back online to save billions of human lives, not to mention the millions of survivors of the allied fleet, deep political intrigue keeping all the factions from splintering, not to mention smaller things like feeding the Quarians and the Turians... all while researching and gathering material to redevelop a functioning warp/mass effect drive without the reapers.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7928095/1/Mass-Effect-3-After-the-Fall-and-Other-Stories

You Sir are a genius.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #89 on: 20 Mar 2014, 14:05 »

What do you mean?

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #90 on: 20 Mar 2014, 17:13 »

Wait, wouldn't that mean disregarding the ending they brought out after the uproar of the original ending?

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #91 on: 20 Mar 2014, 20:33 »

I don't think so. It's not like they changed anything in that ending.

HauntingPoem

• Furry furrier
« Reply #92 on: 20 Mar 2014, 21:08 »

I agree, they really just clarified it and fleshed it out. The only thing that wouldn't quite work would be the worst case destroy ending.

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #93 on: 20 Mar 2014, 21:40 »

They really screwed themselves over with the endings. Regardless if you like 'em or not, they're too fundamentally different to really continue with saved files from.
I dunno..

HauntingPoem

• Furry furrier
« Reply #94 on: 20 Mar 2014, 22:59 »

Thats why they pick a cannon ending. Similar to how Kotor and Kotor: II have cannon characters and decisions but you are still free to play your own way.

I think the  the controll ending would be the most logical endings to choose if they decide to go the route GM is suggesting. Synthesis has a lot of problems associated with it and it solves to many potential problems between the synthetics and organics without allowing a game to address those problems. And the destroy ending simply wipes out all synthetics, completely removing the geth ( a mainstay of mass effect)

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #95 on: 21 Mar 2014, 02:44 »

Well in the revised ending, they fix up the Mass Relays without alot of fuss.

Although I guess that yeah, you could do the inbetween for that. . . could work. . .

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #96 on: 21 Mar 2014, 04:02 »

The Destroy ending is already canon, just by virtue of it being the only ending where Shepard can survive, and the only one that really leaves the universe in a new dark age. They're already ignoring their own canon as far as destroying the relays, which per the Arrival DLC is a system ending cataclysmic event, so doing some hand wavium to save the Geth (Installing a surge protector maybe) 

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #97 on: 21 Mar 2014, 09:41 »

They won't be focusing on them, though I bet you'll run into fan favorites like Tali and Garrus assuming you're in the same time line.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #98 on: 01 Apr 2014, 17:33 »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #99 on: 02 Apr 2014, 05:15 »

Dakimakura still creep me out... but I'd probably be interested in a Tali one... >.>;
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up